• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
I suck at spelling, but my IQ is, well, prettydamn high...

And I also have a bullshit detector the size of california... so, Liberals (US Democrat party) are using HUGE amounts of class warfare to buy the votes of the poor at the expense of the people who succeed in life and make a little money.

So - Damn, Obama. Go homa.

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
Last edited:

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Software windows 7 64bit
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
It takes intelligence to debate the issues. Please, lets talk about the issues at hand.

I am intelligent enough to realize this Farrakahn man is Evil. I am also intelligent enough to see Obama lacks it (intelligence) when it comes to things like, starting off his political career in a known terrorist's house. Are you questioning my intelligence with your line,"it takes intelligence to debate the issues."?:wtf:

Rammsteiner

Processor AMD Phenom X4 9850BE (DENEB, where art thou!?)
Motherboard DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R (waiting on 790FX/SB750)
Cooling TRUE
Memory 4x 1GB Transcend AxeRAM DDR1066 'D9GMH'
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 4870X2
Storage 2x WD 74GB Raptor + 3Ware 9650SE @ RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 245B
Case Silverstone TJ-10
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
Power Supply PP&C Quad Silencer 750W
abortion: only in cases of rape or where the mother is in danger of loosing her life (also the mom shouldn't have to pay for the rape case...)
Or in case it turns out the child may have a syndrome/very sick and the mother does not want, or cant take care for this child. Of course not one day before the baby is expected, just as soon as doctors would be able to detect an eventual syndrome/desease the mother should have the choice to do what she want with it.

And indeed, this has to be paid by the mom as well.
immigration:don't care if they are here as long as they are here legally, there is enough room for everyone
Well, at least in our country this is shocking, they need to immigrate completely regarding social issues. Learn the language, adapt to laws etc. It's sickening if you see the immigrants here for already 10 years (or longer) who cant talk one word Dutch, do not work etc.

If they've no purpose in the society, get rid of them anyway. If they do adapt etc, no problem. But there's a difference for refugees and immigrants IMO. They should control the reasons from refugees a whole lot better since every brain fart in a foreign country is a valid reason for a refugee to get in:wtf:
gay rights: yes they should have them, let hem marry and enjoy all the freedom that EVERY other American can enjoy (don't bring religion into it, it doesn't have much merrit in a political debate)
Spot on. Although they shouldnt provoke it so badly now and then, but for the rest I dont see why they cant have the same rights.
reg of economy: bail out BAD IDEA, going to get worse before it gets better, no point in prolonging suffering
Dont know, if the economic system does not seem to work things have to be done to save the national (in this case international as well) economy. But as said before, communism and capitalism both dont work, finding a balance between those would be useless.
drug laws- decriminalize MJ, or make it legal, it can be taxed and controlled like tobacco, and has many health benefits, free up BILLIONS in the prison system from minor drug offenders, but keep the real drugs very illegal ie crack, heroin, ect...
It's a hard issue though. It's legal-ish over here, but people below 18 get their hands on it anyway, crimes do still occur on lower scale etc. Although, from an economic point of view it would be a very good idea as you already stated, lots of prisoners would be freed up.

But the chance is that things could be said about other drugs as well. Take meths for example, work longer/more efficient etc. Backside of this is by daily use people might get their body harmed and if someone does pisses a meth user too much the effects might be lethal.

gun control: let the people have them, but seriously maybe a little more on the control part, who the hell really needs an SMG or a fully auto rifle? a shotgun or pistol is sufficient for home security
That's what I wondered about as well. You dont need a M16 or whatever to 'guard' you house.

But how do you think about guns to be allowed but abortion too be a taboo generally? I think that's quite hypocrit.

also maybe we should do something about simplifying the tax code...
also what do you guys thing about that nice little missile defense sites we have popping up next to russia and various other places over the world, do we really have a right to put them there? or do you think the "ends justify the means" type of thought?
I think this is seriously a bad thing. This system wouldnt be 'more' safe for USA, it's also an obvious threath against the east. Russia was looking to re-open a missile base at Cuba IIRC if the missile defence system continued. I'd laugh my arse off if Russia did this.

I think the USA government played too much Red Alert and went para. How would USA respond if Iran wanted to put people at their bases to control any movements which might be bad for Iran?:p

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
One thing that has always killed me, and the UK is part to blame here as well as the US......we both have nuclear weapons but we try to tell other countries who should or who shouldnt have nuclear weapons, who are we to tell Iran, Pakistan etc etc whether they can have them or not?

We all have a right to defend our countries, if we feel we need them to defend us, why shouldnt someone else think the same......unless of course we feel we are more reliable not to use them un-necessarily..........well, that our opinion...... half the world may just disagree!

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
One thing that has always killed me, and the UK is part to blame here as well as the US......we both have nuclear weapons but we try to tell other countries who should or who shouldnt have nuclear weapons, who are we to tell Iran, Pakistan etc etc whether they can have them or not?

We all have a right to defend our countries, if we feel we need them to defend us, why shouldnt someone else think the same......unless of course we feel we are more reliable not to use them un-necessarily..........well, that our opinion...... half the world may just disagree!

I agree with ya to an extent but I think it's because of what these countries have stated they intend to do with these weapons and the despots who run these countries

Rammsteiner

Cooling TRUE
Case Silverstone TJ-10
I agree with ya to an extent but I think it's because of what these countries have stated they intend to do with these weapons and the despots who run these countries
But we see countries who say who can and cant have these weapons create mass destruction in multiple places, so yeah, how valuable is that:rolleyes:

Lets put it this way, no matter how Utopian it sounds, USA has not the right to play as a global supervisor. If some country invades some other country in the Middle East, Asia, Africa or where ever, USA shouldnt have anything to do with that.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
But we see countries who say who can and cant have these weapons create mass destruction in multiple places, so yeah, how valuable is that:rolleyes:

Lets put it this way, no matter how Utopian it sounds, USA has not the right to play as a global supervisor. If some country invades some other country in the Middle East, Asia, Africa or where ever, USA shouldnt have anything to do with that.

you also don't allow the extermination of a nation with nuclear weapons, and that is exactly what Iran has said it will do.

Rammsteiner

Cooling TRUE
Case Silverstone TJ-10
you also don't allow the extermination of a nation with nuclear weapons, and that is exactly what Iran has said it will do.
AFAIK it didnt say it would exterminate USA though.

Besides that, Iran is just one example. Other countries didnt say to exterminate USA for sure yet USA is threathening them. So that's hardly a solid argument for the USA.

Processor Intel I7 4820k EK Supremacy Nickel Waterblock
Motherboard Asus Rasmpage IV Extreme
Cooling Alphacool UT60 560 Radiator
Memory Kingston Hyper X 16gb 2400
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 580 Heatkiller Waterblock - EK Backplate
Storage SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Display(s) LG 24" Flatron
Case Silerstone TJ11
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Recon 3Di
Power Supply XFX Pro 1000 Platimum
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
i imagine there is a lot of gray area in there that we're not aware of

System Name PIA
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 2x8GB Gskill DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1660 Super
Storage Samsung EVO 970 1TB
Display(s) 2xAOC Curved 24" 144hz
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
Power Supply CORSAIR RMX (White) RM750x
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software Windows 10 Pro
It seems like both VP's are stupid.

Describes most politicians, I think. Power hungry fools who want to control other people by using the police power of the state.

Stupid Idiot Despots...

But McCain/Palin don't preach class warfare, so that's my vote.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Do anything, and everything you can, as a voter to oppose a candidate that plans divisive politics (that would create policies that favour a class of individuals over others, while being neatly sugar-coted as "upliftment"). You have no idea how badly divisive politics tore down India. Every politician here creates his own vote-bank based from one/some communities, and brings in communal disharmony.

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Software windows 7 64bit
what do you guys about this
i am getting so fucking sick of these smear tactics, on both campaign fronts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_iKo3GwRg

i give mccain respect for telling his supporters to back down a bit, he still wont get my vote but i will give him props

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple

Well that Palin investigation is nonsense it was done by a guy who was involved in the whole mess. Palin allegedly wanted her brother in-law fire as a state trooper for Tazing his teenage step son and several other dereliction of duty type of incidents (killing a moose out of season while on duty(poaching) using his police car for person use etc... She alleged fired the State Trooper Police Chief for not firing the trooper and because the Police Chief was conspiring to pass a budget with the same State rep. who is now leading investigation into the complaint on her. That same (Dem)State Rep promised a October surprise for Palin just after learning she was the vice presidential nominee. To me she sounded justified but it sounds like her husbands involvement was improper at best. However, if any police officer I knew would have used a Tazer on his child they most certainly would have been fired if not criminally charged, and if the Police Chief didn't take action, accusations of a cover up would have started.

System Name PIA
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling Corsair H50
Mouse Logitech G305
Software Windows 10 Pro
I never said a thing about the palin investigation. Listen as she gets interviewed, her and Biden sound like babbling idiots who lose track of what the topic was originally about. Biden even invents stories that make no sense.

what do you guys about this
i am getting so fucking sick of these smear tactics, on both campaign fronts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_iKo3GwRg

i give mccain respect for telling his supporters to back down a bit, he still wont get my vote but i will give him props

great video. Makes me respect McCain a little bit more. But he may be doing that just to cover his own ass as the lady says.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
I never said a thing about the palin investigation. Listen as she gets interviewed, her and Biden sound like babbling idiots who lose track of what the topic was originally about. Biden even invents stories that make no sense.

never said you did? and I love Drizzt one of the best characters ever made.

System Name PIA
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling Corsair H50
Mouse Logitech G305
Software Windows 10 Pro
never said you did? and I love Drizzt one of the best characters ever made.

sorry if i sounded a bit defensive, I didn't mean it to be that way.

Ah, I just got the latest book from amazon. It's pretty good so far but I don't know where he is going with the story. Drizzt is a beast ;)

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
sorry if i sounded a bit defensive, I didn't mean it to be that way.

Ah, I just got the latest book from amazon. It's pretty good so far but I don't know where he is going with the story. Drizzt is a beast ;)

Is there a new one I'm on Spine of the World and there are a bunch more I'm taking it slow. maybe he can run lol!!!!

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
congrats your qualified for the job! :laugh::toast:

gsg-9 will be appointed as my secretary of defense, he knows why...hopefully...

Its because im in Politics right?

Wow this is the first sober tpu post I have made in like 3 months.

If theirs still an America I will accept. We may need a few drinks first though, then we can start killing the [enter country/culture/race here]

Seriously though I agree, the bailout is simply prolonging the shitstorm we cant really control. I am a strong believer that if we were going to take a serious effort to fix our economy it had to start in early 07 at the latest.

As far as the video, I doubt McCain is just covering his ass, he may be dirty in his ads, but it is somewhat under the table. I don't like him, but I don't think he is that racist when it comes down to it.

Rammsteiner

Cooling TRUE
Case Silverstone TJ-10
great video. Makes me respect McCain a little bit more. But he may be doing that just to cover his own ass as the lady says.
But why does his response make you've more respect for him?

I mean, he and/or his team started those accusements after all. Actually, it's plain racism what they pulled there:wtf:

We've a saying here, which is hard to explain/translate, although it comes down to this;

Someone in deep shit makes stupid moves, and that's what we see here happening. And the most idtiot part is, his current supporters see him 'weaken', which might probably only effect his votes negatively. Although, since Bush got almost voted legally into the White House for the 2nd time, I cant be sure how his supporters react to this.

Well that Palin investigation is nonsense it was done by a guy who was involved in the whole mess. Palin allegedly wanted her brother in-law fire as a state trooper for Tazing his teenage step son and several other dereliction of duty type of incidents (killing a moose out of season while on duty(poaching) using his police car for person use etc... She alleged fired the State Trooper Police Chief for not firing the trooper and because the Police Chief was conspiring to pass a budget with the same State rep. who is now leading investigation into the complaint on her. That same (Dem)State Rep promised a October surprise for Palin just after learning she was the vice presidential nominee. To me she sounded justified but it sounds like her husbands involvement was improper at best. However, if any police officer I knew would have used a Tazer on his child they most certainly would have been fired if not criminally charged, and if the Police Chief didn't take action, accusations of a cover up would have started.
I find it so funny that this ain't covered in (quite) unbiased media. There's already too much crap around Palin to vote her as 'unbiased', 'perfect' or what so ever.

Whether it's McCain's fault or not, it was a lie from the start apparently.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
But why does his response make you've more respect for him?

I mean, he and/or his team started those accusements after all. Actually, it's plain racism what they pulled there:wtf:

We've a saying here, which is hard to explain/translate, although it comes down to this;

Someone in deep shit makes stupid moves, and that's what we see here happening. And the most idtiot part is, his current supporters see him 'weaken', which might probably only effect his votes negatively. Although, since Bush got almost voted legally into the White House for the 2nd time, I cant be sure how his supporters react to this.

I find it so funny that this ain't covered in (quite) unbiased media. There's already too much crap around Palin to vote her as 'unbiased', 'perfect' or what so ever.

Whether it's McCain's fault or not, it was a lie from the start apparently.

You are not at all fair in any response you have made here, I don't believe anyone takes you serious anymore. There is no room at all for you to talk. Obama is known to associate with known criminals which as a government office holder is a felony, look it up. It hasn't been used in a long time but it is still on the books. I like Joe Biden and hes friends with John Mccain and they vote Almost identically look that up. He actually has more in common with Mccain voting wise than Obama. However, Joe Biden doesn't have near the sqeaky clean image Mccain has and also you are aware John Mccain has minority children and I hardly thinks hes a racist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.