• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X79 and/or rampage IV OC'ing thread for those of us still left....

Qix

Judging by the 1.3vcore I'm guessing it's 0.05v or something around that :) If the stock vcore for the CPU was 1v, with 0.5V offset, I think thats 1.5vcore?? I stick with fixed then you can't really go wrong :) Either way, I think you're doing fine and have nothing to worry about :)
Fully agree: that should be 0.05V, however there's no risk to fry the CPU as the offset range is quite limited :)
I use the offset apporach as I like the cpu to be idling at 0.8V to be cooler and to go to 1.3V only when actually needed

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
I'm like Phil, I have always just set a vcore and left the offsets alone. But then again, my computer never idles. I'm either gaming with it, it's at full load crunching, or it's turned off.

Heh, I just realized gaming is actually a break for my CPU from what it's normally doing.

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
I find that fluctuation with offset was too much into upper range, so I chose a fixed vcore as well.

Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score
Hi there, I set the Vcore to Offset with a +0.50v as Offset value (I like the Vcore and the clock to drop when system is idling :) )

Thanks for that! I feel a little more ok about my temps now.
I'm not fully sure I'll change the fans on the AIO as I'm a bit concerned by the noise increase. After all, anything around 4.2 / 4.5 Ghz for a daily use and some gaming are more than enough for my needs
thanks for your quick help!
Should I tweak the BIOS some more I'll write again after reading again all the discussion

By the way I'm very surprised how a years old CPU is still able to run everything perfectly!

You're welcome, I just have had over a year with this CPU and about 7 years with the platform and 6 core sandy bridges so pretty good idea of what makes it tick and what it takes to try and keep it cool. Trust me I have a fairly insane radiator setup and I still can only push so far before 90 degrees starts showing up.

I'm like Phil, I have always just set a vcore and left the offsets alone. But then again, my computer never idles. I'm either gaming with it, it's at full load crunching, or it's turned off.

Heh, I just realized gaming is actually a break for my CPU from what it's normally doing.

Same here, I played with offset and thought it sucked ass, never touched it again.

i have a D5 pump running constant 3700rpm and GT-AP fans around 1700rpm.

This thing is supposed to run hot. There's 25MB of power-hungry L3 cache to drive as well, vs 15MB of the next step down.

I'm jealous, I have a VPP755 V3 I believe by alphacool and it's decent but instead of 1500 ml/hr max I think it does about 340 ml/hr, which is decent but I am very interested what I could achieve if I get a D5 in the loop or I put multiple pumps in.....

Last edited:

Qix

what fixed voltage do you suggest me to start with for a daily use @4.3ghz ?

2680v2 or 2690v2 is the way to go if you want 10 cores. Good for crunching and decent for gaming.

2680v2 @ 113Mhz FSB does 3.5GHz on all cores and 4.1Ghz when boosting 1 core
2690v2 @ 113Mhz FSB does 3.7GHz on all cores and 4.1Ghz when boosting 1 core

They run very cool as well. Below pic is with Kraken X61

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
what fixed voltage do you suggest me to start with for a daily use @4.3ghz ?

Depending on the CPU could make a lot of difference. Example my 5960X @ 4.20Ghz only uses 1.06vcore from stock 0.920vcore.. Depending on what your CPU is at stock, give it a bit of testing from stock volts and see if you can push stock volts :) Use something like CB15 or 20 would be a good start for playing about with the vcore. My CPU never idles so it never steps down :) But this is another reason for why I've such a small overclock on the CPU, I didn't see the point in pushing it another 400Mhz or so, for so much more heat/power consumption and such like which wouldn't help me very much. WCG is a great stability tester and in my eyes sometimes better than LinX and Prime tests :)

Processor Intel I9 7940X
Motherboard Asus Strix Rog Gaming E X299
Cooling Xigmatek LOKI SD963 double-Fan
Memory 64Gb DDR4 2666Mhz
Video Card(s) 1)RX 6700XT Power Color Fighter 12gb***2)MATROX M9120LP
Storage 2 x ssd-Kingston 240Gb A400 in RAID 0+ HDD 500Gb +Samsung 128gbSSD +SSD Kinston 480Gb
Display(s) BenQ 28"EL2870U(4K-HDR) / Acer 24"(1080P) / Eizo 2336W(1080p) / 2x Eizo 19"(1280x1024)
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) Realtek/Creative T20 Speakers
Power Supply F S P Hyper S 700W
Mouse Asus TUF-GAMING M3
Keyboard Func FUNC-KB-460/Mechanical Keyboard
VR HMD Oculus Rift DK2
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike=23905,Cinebench R15=3189,Cinebench R20=3791.Passmark=30689,Geekbench4=32885
2680v2 or 2690v2 is the way to go if you want 10 cores. Good for crunching and decent for gaming.

2680v2 @ 113Mhz FSB does 3.5GHz on all cores and 4.1Ghz when boosting 1 core
2690v2 @ 113Mhz FSB does 3.7GHz on all cores and 4.1Ghz when boosting 1 core

They run very cool as well. Below pic is with Kraken X61
I am curious do most of this E5 working fine when you OC BCLK like this?

Only V2s works with high FSB oc. I have tried 2680v2 which works great up to 113Mhz. I did try a 2696v2 but I only got to 106MHz when it started to hit TDP limit.

2690v2 seems to work great =>
2697v2 seems to work great =>

Qix

Depending on the CPU could make a lot of difference. Example my 5960X @ 4.20Ghz only uses 1.06vcore from stock 0.920vcore.. Depending on what your CPU is at stock, give it a bit of testing from stock volts and see if you can push stock volts :) Use something like CB15 or 20 would be a good start for playing about with the vcore. My CPU never idles so it never steps down :) But this is another reason for why I've such a small overclock on the CPU, I didn't see the point in pushing it another 400Mhz or so, for so much more heat/power consumption and such like which wouldn't help me very much. WCG is a great stability tester and in my eyes sometimes better than LinX and Prime tests :)

Sorry for dumb question, but what do you mean with CB15 or 20 ?
Btw my cpu is a 1680v2

Processor E5-1680 V2
Storage 500 gb sd
Btw my cpu is a 1680v2

To me a CB is a car walkie talkie type radio, so I admit I wondered what he meant.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Btw my cpu is a 1680v2

CB15 = CineBench R15.. I think if I put in the R15 rather than the 15, you'd have understood :) Apologies! :)

Qix

CB15 = CineBench R15.. I think if I put in the R15 rather than the 15, you'd have understood :) Apologies! :)
Ah ok! I thought it was a voltage level to start with!
Do you mean a cine bench pass is enough to consider an overclock stable?

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Ah ok! I thought it was a voltage level to start with!
Do you mean a cine bench pass is enough to consider an overclock stable?

I wouldn't class it as 100% stable, not at all but I'd consider it a starting point because of the load the test gives the CPU :) If it can't pass CB 15 or 20, then it'll probably crash on a lot of other things. Something else like wPrime 1.55 or the 3D Mark CPU tests are other tests I use to just test a dirty CPU overclock (something that's done very quickly...)

It all depends really on how far you want to overclock and what you're trying to do really :) Crazy CPU clocks and such for CPU-Z screen shots is a little different to getting a stable 24/7 overclock set up :) As I'm sure you know :)

Processor E5-1680 V2
Storage 500 gb sd
Hi all hope you will have some news soon I know it's summer so hopefully you are all enjoying it, well if you're across the pond in Europe etc I'm not sure what your season is (which I know is some of you) but in North America it's summer anyway and regardless of your season enjoy it lol. Anyway I have an interesting bit of news, I was (and have been for a while) struggling with stability with my pc as well as some odd quirks with booting where USB keyboard and/or mouse would boot too quickly or too slowly or not at all. I hadn't mentioned it here because I didn't realize it was a keyboard issue but long story short, I dug up a keyboard in my closet I forgot I still had and plugged it in, voila, problem gone.

It got so bad I couldn't boot into windows a few days ago and I had similar odd issues at times for last year or two off and on with other boards so...just fyi, something as simple as a failing keyboard that erratically works is enough to screw with stability and even keep you from getting into windows when it really fritzes out.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Hi all hope you will have some news soon I know it's summer so hopefully you are all enjoying it, well if you're across the pond in Europe etc I'm not sure what your season is (which I know is some of you) but in North America it's summer anyway and regardless of your season enjoy it lol. Anyway I have an interesting bit of news, I was (and have been for a while) struggling with stability with my pc as well as some odd quirks with booting where USB keyboard and/or mouse would boot too quickly or too slowly or not at all. I hadn't mentioned it here because I didn't realize it was a keyboard issue but long story short, I dug up a keyboard in my closet I forgot I still had and plugged it in, voila, problem gone.

It got so bad I couldn't boot into windows a few days ago and I had similar odd issues at times for last year or two off and on with other boards so...just fyi, something as simple as a failing keyboard that erratically works is enough to screw with stability and even keep you from getting into windows when it really fritzes out.

Well in the UK (Somerset at least) it's meant to be summer I mean it is June after all but it's been more like March :laugh:

But to the problem you mentioned @dalekdukesboy , a mate had the exact same issue. He was getting booting issues and all sorts of problems with no USB regonised and such like, it turned out to be his keyboard... So strange... Mind you, he was using a similar board to your Rampage, the X79 Deluxe (one I'd sold him) I've never known a guy have more PC problems for no reason than he has.... or does...

I hope you have some trouble free computing mate!! :)

Processor E5-1680 V2
Storage 500 gb sd
Well in the UK (Somerset at least) it's meant to be summer I mean it is June after all but it's been more like March :laugh:

But to the problem you mentioned @dalekdukesboy , a mate had the exact same issue. He was getting booting issues and all sorts of problems with no USB regonised and such like, it turned out to be his keyboard... So strange... Mind you, he was using a similar board to your Rampage, the X79 Deluxe (one I'd sold him) I've never known a guy have more PC problems for no reason than he has.... or does...

I hope you have some trouble free computing mate!! :)

Lol so do I have as many issues as he does? Not sure about him but I've pushed my pc to the limit and I experiment a lot, and this thing is ancient let's face it so once I have money and I can let go nostalgia for this build I may keep it as a secondary unit but replace it with a Ryzen 3 like the Techpowerup poll is asking about, I admit I am pretty excited about those, however...if they are only slightly faster or comparable to this older technology, why upgrade? So yeah at some point I'll get new PC just not sure if that is in near future and I'll probably keep this one for a long time especially with memories and this lovely thread I've kept going for seemingly forever and more people keep showing up!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Oh he's terrible.. Every single time I sell him a PC or hardware, he gets an issue.. I had the setup he's got now for say 12 months I think maybe a bit less, had it running faultlessly at 4.5Ghz all day long and he comes along and has to run it at stock... It just won't work for him.. It's unreal... This keyboard issue was just another issue for another day lol

I don't see him very often now but whenever he contacts me, it's normally a PC related issue and nothing much else :laugh:

Just because you buy new hardware doesn't mean you can't keep that one for messing about and playing with :) I bought and sold the same hardware for so many times I've given in selling it and now I'm just going to buy it, keep it and not to worry about it :) It's just I'll now need a better house to fit the hardware in.... :laugh: Oh and I best not forget the Mrs and the children :laugh:

Processor E5-1680 V2
Storage 500 gb sd
Oh he's terrible.. Every single time I sell him a PC or hardware, he gets an issue.. I had the setup he's got now for say 12 months I think maybe a bit less, had it running faultlessly at 4.5Ghz all day long and he comes along and has to run it at stock... It just won't work for him.. It's unreal... This keyboard issue was just another issue for another day lol

I don't see him very often now but whenever he contacts me, it's normally a PC related issue and nothing much else :laugh:

Just because you buy new hardware doesn't mean you can't keep that one for messing about and playing with :) I bought and sold the same hardware for so many times I've given in selling it and now I'm just going to buy it, keep it and not to worry about it :) It's just I'll now need a better house to fit the hardware in.... :laugh: Oh and I best not forget the Mrs and the children :laugh:

Sorry I thought I replied to this lol. Mrs. and children? Why worry about those? LOL joking of course. Anyway everything is working A OK with my pc it's fairly hot here so I have it at 4.5 ghz as you just mentioned ironically in your post about your friend where he can't even run it without issues at stock lol. Yeah the keyboard thing however I can vouch for if he did have a failing USB keyboard unfortunately it's enough at least with X79 to keep windows from even booting at worst and at best have weird stability issues and stuttering while running and all sorts of other weird and very annoying anomalies that get in the way of your overall gaming and even web browsing etc experience.

I hope everyone had a good July 4th and now that I'm paying more attention to thread again will post more as I play around with my setup and tweak it. If anyone has news/benchmarks to share or updates on their build I know some people were either getting 1680's or considering it or had just gotten them not long ago etc would love to hear more about it, stay thirsty my friends.

System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64
I had a wonderful 4th.

Much gunpowder was expended, the neighbors were annoyed, and many, many bottles of beer gave their all to the cause.

The PC is humming along at a nice 4.4GHz OC, after figuring out the right voltages, and rocks my videogames, while never exceeding 60C, unlike my 3930k.

I accidentally ran it at 5GHZ due to a typo, and it only drew 180W, as compared to the 250W of the 3930k. Temps never went over 80C. :) Until I shut it down immediately, lol.
80C at idle does not inspire me to run benchmarks, lol.

Apparently typing 444 into the multiplier box makes it run at 5.1GHZ, lol.
Don't do that. :)

Processor E5-1680 V2
Storage 500 gb sd
I had a wonderful 4th.

Much gunpowder was expended, the neighbors were annoyed, and many, many bottles of beer gave their all to the cause.

The PC is humming along at a nice 4.4GHz OC, after figuring out the right voltages, and rocks my videogames, while never exceeding 60C, unlike my 3930k.

I accidentally ran it at 5GHZ due to a typo, and it only drew 180W, as compared to the 250W of the 3930k. Temps never went over 80C. :) Until I shut it down immediately, lol.
80C at idle does not inspire me to run benchmarks, lol.

Apparently typing 444 into the multiplier box makes it run at 5.1GHZ, lol.
Don't do that. :)

Glad to hear it, and yeah 5 ghz sounds great, but on these older 22nm processors need a heck of a cooling solution to keep that working, glad to hear you raised a ruckus and got good and boozed up for the holiday as well.

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
Well, got my new 1680 v2 up to 4.5 pretty easy. Going above will be hard. At 1.368v but I was using medium llc, I am going to try standard to see if I can stay as close to 1.30v as possible. https://valid.x86.fr/0eczb1

Tested it harder... had to back down to 4.4ghz. Oh well. I knew ivy wouldn't clock very well at the beginning.

Processor E5-1680 V2
Storage 500 gb sd
Well, got my new 1680 v2 up to 4.5 pretty easy. Going above will be hard. At 1.368v but I was using medium llc, I am going to try standard to see if I can stay as close to 1.30v as possible. https://valid.x86.fr/0eczb1

Tested it harder... had to back down to 4.4ghz. Oh well. I knew ivy wouldn't clock very well at the beginning.

You are half right, Ivy clocks well but NOT well unless you cool the snot out of it. So, it clocks decently if you have the means to do so. To put it in personal perspective, I had the same exact air cooler from Noctua you have which is one of the better/best air coolers and you can go back in thread and about 4.4 maybe 4.45 was my ceiling and that was with some pretty serious fans on it. However if you get some form of water on it and really keep it cool...well I have mine at 4.5 ghz and I was about to say it's stable but I hadn't done a check honestly in a while so before I finished this post I just ran a quick 3 run linx to make sure lol. But it did just fine plus you can see at least what with my setup and particular CPU sample what the platform can do.

Capture1076.jpg

So there's my run at 4.5 ghz, I didn't bother to show you memory but it's 16 gigs at 2666 mhz with decent but not sparkling timings but nonetheless fairly fast for this platform. The cores literally didn't pass 70 degrees for most of first 2 runs then at end of 2nd run and into third is when the heat goblin started catching up to the test. However 72-75 degrees max for what I'm doing is excellent and not to dissuade you but to hopefully make you feel better about the platform with your air cooler I was failing at this speed and/or if I passed I was in high 80's for temps maybe even low 90's and I had a nice little heater next to me if I just ran linx like that 24/7.

So you're doing just fine and I think you got a decent sample CPU I can't speak for motherboard but it's in essence similar to mine and part of what helps me is the temps and the fact I only need 1.312 volts and that is what it was under load btw but that's because it's cool. Hotter these things run the more voltage they need, and more unstable they get and more frustrating overclocking gets hence why I started this thread in the first place to give people a place to share their experiences with it plus my own 6 year journey with this platform (has it really been that long? Holy crap!).

Anyway 4.4 ghz is nothing to sneeze at with 8 cores/ 16 threads 22nm, and it hangs with everything they sell today lol. This has to be the longest a platform lasted and wasn't the bottleneck in gaming/tests I've ever seen. At times I felt I wasted a lot of time/money playing and upgrading a platform that was so old but looking back I realize it was smartest PC buy I ever made.

Just as an aside guys, I kinda wondered what kind of exposure this thread had and due to being around a while plus all you great people posting we are up almost to 1,100 posts! But I knew that, I just so happened to be browsing forums for something and noticed that every thread shows how many "views" it has, makes sense seen it probably never thought about it before, so I realized you have to view the thread from the main forum screen to see that....we have 55k views guys lol. Just sayin' that's a hell of a lot...maybe you smarter people already noticed and looked but it only took me 3-4 years of starting/posting on thread to even look at how many views we got or get lol.

So I want to thank all of you posting but also to all those other eyes who have obviously been following along who either don't post or drop a post or two and just follow, I figured we'd have a few thousand views just due to age and activity plus # of posts but anyway I just thought that was pretty damned cool and shows a lot of people care enough to at least check out what X79 is doing and what we are doing with it :).

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Glad to hear it, and yeah 5 ghz sounds great, but on these older 22nm processors need a heck of a cooling solution to keep that working, glad to hear you raised a ruckus and got good and boozed up for the holiday as well.
Even on skt2011 SB-e chips, 5Ghz was a hard thing to hit without dumping voltage into those chips. I barely got my 3820 to boot at 5Ghz at 1.5v. I haven't even bothered with the 3930k since 4.5Ghz is hard enough to get stable between 1.4 and 1.45v. I also needed a 240mm AIO to keep the 3930k cooled well enough to go above 4.2Ghz.

System Name BorgX79
Processor i7-3930k 6/12cores@4.4GHz
Motherboard Sabertoothx79
Cooling Capitan 360
Memory Muhskin DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) Sapphire R480 8GB
Storage Chronos SSD
Display(s) 3x VW266H
Case Ching Mien 600
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Cooler Master 1000W Silent Pro
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Rosewill RK-1000
Software Win7x64
I've booted 5.1GHz a couple of times; it will make it into windows7x64 at ~80C, and ~175W.

On my board, apparently typing 444 for a multiplier sets it to 51. :)

There's no headroom there, I just shut it down to keep from frying it.
A refrigeration system might make it able to do benchmarks, but I have no interest.

4.4GHz seems to be where the power goes exponential, so that's a good maximum for me.
(E5-1650v2 processor on Sabertoothx79)

That you guys with 8 core chips are getting the same results makes me think the other cores in mine might be live, but disconnected.