Gargoyle Castle Wall
January 30th 2013
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
Drilled and Dremeled side panel to flush mount the gargoyle lamp, painted the case, reassembled everything.
My nephew was going to throw away his old COMPAQ Presario SR5130NX so for $h!ts and giggles I took it from him and brought it home to play with. I stripped everything out and broke the case down to all of its components. I primed it with Krylon grey primer and then used Krylon dark grey stone paint to get the stone look and texture. My wife then drew the lines for the brickwork out using a silver paint marker and then went over that by hand with a dark blue acrylic oil paint. (She can take all the credit for the lines and shading as I definitely have caffeine shakes and couldnt have pulled it off). I drilled a few holes and had to Dremel a large one behind the gargoyle's pedestal to run the electric for the bulbs (I have had a couple of those Gargoyle Halloween decorations for 17 years and finally found a way to display at least one of them year round). I used some nuts and bolts to mount the gargoyle to the side and then ran the electric cord for the bulbs out the back through an unused PCI port. Eventually, I will try to run the bulbs off the power supply but thats not a big deal right this moment. The brickwork for the blu-ray drive isnt finished yet as I was hesitant to strip it down and paint it to look stone as well but now that it is done, it will also be given brick lines soon.