AUDIOCASE is a brand new company based out of Copenhagen, Denmark. The company has just launched their first-ever product, and it is quite a feat. Their briefcase-sized speaker packs four drivers and two passive radiators. The company's goal is to provide a solidly performing, durable speaker that is capable of powering a party for roughly a day.
The design approach is different than what we are used to. The enclosure looks like a briefcase-sized flight case complete with bulky edge protectors and a rugged handle, despite not weighing a lot.
AUDIOCASE wants to be that one speaker that sounds great while providing a good size-per-power ratio. As it is right now, there is no app and no fuzz - you just connect via Bluetooth 4.2 and enjoy. Price-wise, the AUDIOCASE is in the expensive category at US$602 / €537 / kr3995.
- Amplifier: Class-D PurePath smart amp, 120W (4 x 30W active crossover)
- Drivers: 2x 5¼" neodymium midwoofers, 2x 5¼" passive radiators, 2x 1" soft dome tweeters
- Frequency response: 55 - 20,000 Hz
- Max Output: 114 dB SPL @ ½m (ground plane, 1% THD)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, 3.5 mm mini-jack
- Battery: 18.5 V - 4500 mAh lithium-ion, charger included
- Playback time: 12-24 hours
- Cabinet: Plywood box with 2 mm linoleum surface. aluminum angles, steel ball corners, leather handle
- Weight & Dimensions: 6.4 kg / 14.1 lb, 28 x 45 x 17 cm /11 x 17.7 x 6.7 in