I would like to thank Corsair
for supplying the Obsidian 650D review sample.
Corsair is a well known entity in the memory market and has expanded their portfolio to other products in recent years. Power supplies, SSDs and cooling products along with cases are now part of their line-up. We have taken a look at the very successful Corsair Obsidian 800D in the past and also the Graphite 600T. Today we get to look at the smaller brother of the 800D, appropriately named Corsair Obsidian 650D. It utilizes the same inner frame as the Graphite chassis, but adds a whole list of new features to justify the higher price tag and Obsidian name.
The Corsair Obsidian 650D ships with a windowed side panel, but Corsair also offers a solid side panel as an extra accessory.
- Dual 200mm fans provide outstanding cooling for even the hottest components
- Easily accessible dust filters make Obsidian 650D maintenance simple and hassle-free
- Quick-release side panels make it easier than ever to upgrade your hardware
- Integrated fan controller lets you quickly adjust cooling performance and noise levels
- Four tool-free optical drive bays and up to six SSD-ready hard drive trays provide plenty of expansion for the Obsidian 650D
- CPU backplate cutout makes it easy to upgrade your CPU cooler
- Brilliant cable routing system provides a way to keep your Obsidian 650D neat and tidy
- Adjustable drive cages can be removed and relocated to accommodate large video cards
- Room for long power supplies gives you peace of mind for future upgrades in the Corsair Obsidian 650D
|Specifications: Corsair Obsidian 650D|
|Drive Bays ||(x4) 5.25” (x6) 3.5”/2.5” Drive Caddies|
|Form Factor ||ATX, Micro ATX|
|Expansion Slots ||8|
|Case Fans ||(x2) 200mm Fans (x1) 120mm Fans|
|Dimensions||546mm (L) x 229mm (W) x 521mm (H)|
|Switches||Power / Reset|
|I/O||(x4) USB 2.0 (x1) USB 3.0 (x1) IEEE 1394 (x1) Headphone, (x1) Mic 4-channel Fan Controller|
Corsair ships the Obsidian 650D in the same type of packaging we have seen with the Graphite chassis. This makes sense, as both cases have similar interiors and thus are quite similar in overall dimensions as well. The cardboard box is of natural, brown color, while all the details have been printed on the surface with black ink. Considering this two tone approach, Corsair has done a good job conveying the details of the chassis.
The two Styrofoam spacers holding the chassis in place have a unique shape. You definitely do not have to worry about any damage to the case. On top of that, the chassis has been placed in a fairly sturdy cloth bag, to protect it from the packaging process at the factory - well done Corsair!
You will receive the usual manual and quick start guide, along with the same red piece of paper asking you to contact Corsair if there are any issues with the chassis.
The case ships with all black screws, which are nicely sorted in different bags. Along with that you will receive enough zip ties to make sure things are clean and tidy within the case.