|Test System SSD 2014|
|CPU:||Intel Pentium G3240 @ 3.1 GHz|
(Haswell, 3 MB Cache)
|Motherboard:||ASRock Z97M OC Formula|
|Memory:||2x 2048 MB Kingston HyperX PC3-12800U DDR3|
@ 1333 MHz 9-9-9-24
|Software:||Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1|
|Drivers:||SATA: Microsoft AHCI|
Display: Intel 15.21.13
- After the initial configuration and installation, we created a disk image that will be used to test every drive.
- Automated updates were disabled for all programs. This ensures that—for every review—each drive uses the same settings without any interference from previous testing.
- Our disk image consumes around 80 GB—we resized the partition to fill all available space on the drive.
- Partitions are properly aligned.
- In order to minimize random variation, each of the real-life performance tests is run twelve times with reboots in-between tests to minimize the impact of disk cache. We used the average of the last ten runs as the final score.
- All application benchmarks run the actual application and do not replay any disk traces.