Fostex, known by many for their T50RP orthodynamic headphones recently released an innovative i-devices accessory. The HP-P1 unit allows for extraction of digital out from any modern Apple i-device. Unlike the analog line-out from the i-dock, the digital does not have to pass through the unit's internal DAC and therefore leaves the unit completely untouched. The HP-P1 can then via its own elaborate DAC setup convert the digital out to an analogue signal, and the trick here is that the HP-P1 uses a high quality DAC and amplification stage unlike anything ever incorporated into an i-device.
The HP-P1 can effectively turn any i-device into a high-performance headphone source or DAC. Fostex have graciously provided the HP-P1 with both analogue out and optical S/P-DIF.
- Digital connection from iPod iPhone to HP-P1 via 30-pin dock connector
- High quality 32-bit DAC (AKM4480) and headphone amp for maximum sound quality
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (approx 7 hours)
- USB powered operation also available
- Hi/Mid/Low 3-step gain control on the headphone out drives all headphone types
- Auxiliary analog Line Input for other MP3 players
- S/PDIF Digital Out for professional recording
- Analog Line Out for connection to an analog amplifier or a recorder
- Unique Digital Filter - use regular filter or unique “minimum delay filter” without pre-echo
- Housed in a rigid aluminum alloy chassis
- Compatible with the following iPod/iPhones: iPod Touch (2nd, 3rd, 4th generation), iPod classic, iPod nano (4th, 5th, and 6th generation), iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS