Rosewill mechanical keyboards have been somewhat conservative looking, even if for gaming, but that is all about to change with the introduction of the RK-9100 mechanical gaming keyboard. This keyboard features four customizable light zones, and you even get to pick from all the different types of Cherry MX switches. Today, we will take a look at an RK-9100 equipped with Cherry MX Blue switches. The Blue switches are mostly meant for fast typing because of a follower click mechanism that gives tactile feedback around the actuation point. They also make a lot of noise.
- Individually backlit keys with 3 illuminated modes and 4 brightness levels
- Equipped with 8 multimedia shortcut keys
- 2-Port USB 2.0 hub
- 6-Key rollover: 6 keys can be activated at the same time
- Cherry MX Blue switches with click tactile feeling
- Gold plated USB connector to ensure low latency
- High quality braided cable
Rosewill keeps it simple with their box. The bonus here is that it is way smaller than the ones with fancy inserts; however, the keyboard isn't as well protected.
Cable-wise, the RK-9100 is well off. Its cable is a braided jacket cable of medium thickness; it is quite flexible. The diameter of the cable is less than that of the cable on our QPAD MK-85. The keyboard also has an integrated two-port USB hub for two USB connectors.