In the past, we've covered almost all gaming headsets from the excellent SteelSeries Arctis lineup—just type "Arctis" into our review search bar to check them all out. A few of them slipped through the cracks though, with one being the Arctis 3 Bluetooth. This is an upgraded version of the "regular," analog Arctis 3, which in itself is a very popular choice in the $70 price bracket because it offers great wearing comfort, good sound quality, and a capable microphone—there is not much more you can ask of a brand-name gaming headset for that amount of money.
As per the name, the Arctis 3 Bluetooth offers Bluetooth connectivity, which is also why it costs twice as much as the "ordinary" Arctis 3. Bluetooth makes it wirelessly pairable to smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other Bluetooth-capable devices. Additionally, it has an analog 3.5-mm plug you can use simultaneously with the Bluetooth connection. This opens it up to a couple of interesting use cases. For example, you can connect the headset to your PC or console through the 3.5-mm jack plug while keeping it connected to your phone via Bluetooth to answer phone calls without taking the headset off. Perhaps you want to use Discord's mobile app while gaming? No problem—just open it up on your smartphone, connect to your server of choice, and chat away. Another interesting option is to connect it to your Nintendo Switch through the analog 3.5-mm interface for the game while utilizing the Bluetooth connection to your phone for voice chat in Switch games that don't support it natively. Finally, you can use the Arctis 3 Bluetooth just like you'd use any other Bluetooth headphones. It's not too large or flashy even to be taken outside, although there are more appropriate choices on the Bluetooth gaming headset market if that is your preferred use case.
- Drivers: 40-mm dynamic (neodymium magnet)
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Sensitivity: 98 dB
- Frequency Response (specified by the manufacturer): 20–22,000 Hz
- Design: Closed-back, over-ear
- Microphone: Bidirectional (retractable)
- Battery Life: Up to 28 hours
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, 3.5-mm analog (4-pole TRRS + dual 3-pole TRS)
- Charging: Micro-USB
- Supplied cables: 1.3-meter 3.5-mm (4-pole TRRS), 1.9-meter dual 3.5-mm (3-pole TRS), 1.6-meter Micro-USB (charging)
- Platform support: PC, Mac, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, VR, and mobile
- Weight: 316 g