1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Batman Arkham City PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Nov 23, 2011.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Removed the 440, uninstalled all Nvidia, cleaned with Driver Sweeper/Driver Cleaner/CCleaner in Safe Mode, pu card back in, and installed the "recommended" beta 285.79 drivers. Right back to the BSOD issue when trying to launch, yet Fluidmark shows my hybrid physx are working. I think I'll give up on this game til I replace my board cause I have other games that play just fine.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    That or buy an nvidia card as your primary. Im sensing those physx hack stuff are cumbersome and awkwardly implemented on top of an already complicated phsyx driver
  3. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I did a test install and physx worked fine, avg 43 fps using DX9 settings and EVGA Precision was showing my 440 usage avg 45%. Now I'll worry about redoing my system after Rocksteady fixes the DX11 issues and stuttering, I have Battlefield 3 to play til then.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    just beat the game. awesome! Slight cliff hanger though. Not sure if there could be another game.
  5. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
  7. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure, I was reading that it may cause Xbox Live to go offline. However, I don't have the STEAM verison. I have the retail version off of Origin.
  8. helloWorld New Member

Thanks Received:
    If we purchased the DVD version of the game and installed it, is there anyway to play the game without the damn DVD having to be in the computer? It is really annoying, especially since this is the first game I have played in a while that has required the DVD to be present.
  9. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    find a no cd crack. im sure there is one out there. Ive had to do that with a few games now since i no longer use a cd drive in my rig.
    helloWorld says thanks.
  10. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    patch released on steam this morning...

http://store.steampowered.com/news

Release notes:
    We have just released a patch for Batman: Arkham City PC that provides fixes a variety of DX 11 issues, as well as fixes for a few other non-DX 11 related issues. The DX 11 fixes will apply for the majority of players, however, some specific Steam users will experience issues when running under DX 11.
    With this latest patch, Steam users with the following Windows Operation Systems should avoid running the game under DX 11 until further notice:
    - Windows Vista 32 bit
    - Windows 7 32 bit
    Users running Windows 7 32 bit or Windows Vista 32 bit should ONLY use DX 9 settings until a future patch that addresses this specific issue is released. We are actively working to address the remaining issue tied to DX 11 for users running 32 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    Major fixes that this patch addresses are listed below.
    - Performance / hitching issues have been greatly improved for running in DX 11.
    - An issue with players running out of Video Memory or encountering a Rendering Thread Exceptions has been address. This was primarily affecting 32-bit Operating Systems.
    - A progression block after defeating Ra’s Al Ghul has been fixed. This was issue occurred primarily on lower end computer setups and described as Batman not readying his Reverse Batarang.
    - A crash that occurred when scrolling between the Character Bios and Arkham City Stories has been fixed.
    - A crash that occurred when selecting “Press Start” immediately when available at the Title Screen has been fixed. The issue was described as crashing/hard locking around the DLC (Downloadable Content) check.
    Thank you all for your patience.
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  11. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Beat me too it. I was just about to post that. Thanks.

About to run the benchmark in DX11 to see if it really improved it. My Minimum FPS was 1 before. Now lets see.
  12. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    If you pruchase a DVD version of the game, just activate it through steam. You won't need the disc anymore. Or just buy it on steam.

Benchmarks Results: Minimum FPS is now 14. It feels much smoother now. awesome, not i can start doing side mission stuff since i already beat the game.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  13. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    I was playing L4D at the time. Late night last night. Did you get significant improvements in framerates w/DX11 enabled? My 6850, which is the low end of the recommended specs, went from being a slideshow to something that allowed me to understand the action some. I didn't actually bench it or run fraps, but at a guess 15-20fps? something in that neighborhood I suspect. I have DX10 enabled, and the hit from that is pretty minimal. They still have work to do IMO, including removing securom, I don't see why companies do this. Steam's DRM method is sufficient for most purposes it seems.
  14. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I just finish it and what can a say, it is one of the best games I have ever played. Story, graphics, gameplay it is all there.
  15. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Better GFX than AA?
  16. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Better indeed.
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Is this game 5 dollars yet?

Knowing NVIDIA they probably paid the developer to bomb systems running the hack.
  18. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Post this also in games deals but here it is:

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/game...n-arkham-city/

use as voucher:

JOLLY-BRUCE-WAYNE - Grab Batman: Arkham City for a massive 60% off! (Valid from 1600 GMT 26th December until 1600 GMT 27th December)

Hurry up! Got it yesterday, checkout 17,75$
  19. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    absolutely bob on bro:) im no stranger to physx hybrid but i install latest betas and had physx working in fluidmark but not batman ,used whql drivers inc physx and alls well my minimum fps has shot from 2 to 14(it is a gt240 ) ingame plays well now tho i do expect some slowdown later cheers it was aggravating the hell out of me ,i was gona pull the physx card
  20. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    havnt read the thread fully so i apologise if i'm just telling you how to suck eggs.

but i noticed that by having the tessellation set lower in ccc i gained 20fps@min.....

game runs smooth as butter now maxed out...
  21. Kingsley New Member

Thanks Received:
    The idea of this game is very much amazing and this game is really enjoyable specially the fight of the and the flying of the batman is amazing.I love this game.

Strategy Games
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  22. DZZRtt

Thanks Received:
    The game itself amazing. But i'm getting perfomance drops. While i'm roaming the city i get only 28-37 sometimes higher. But bat swarm realy laggy it brings fps drop down to 10-12 (1920*1080, DX11, tess normal) Is it ok?
  23. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    I never played the other Batman game, but I'm loving this one! The detective mode, grapple, all the toys.. Mixed up with great graphics!

Just a better graphics card perhaps..
  24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it sounds right. This game is GPU hungry in DX11 mode. You might want to try setting your tesselation setting lower in CCC as it might help.
  25. DZZRtt

Thanks Received:
    Hm turnig it off, both game and CCC does nothing to improve performance. Strange. Could it be fx-8120 bottlenecking?