• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

i_jan

Can't make SLI stable, plese help!

Hello community, this is my first post here and hopefully you can help me. First of all, many thanks to Anatolymik who put so much effort into hyperSLI development.
Now, the problem: I have 'old school' rig with ASUS P5Q PRO mobo and Xeon X3380, and WIN 7 x64 Enterprise, which is otherwise perfectly stable. Yesterday i replaced my ATI 5870 with newly acquired EVGA 460 GTX 2win, cleaned old ATI drivers, installed NV 310.70 driver and then HyperSli 0.96. At first, everything seemed OK; I enabled SLI in CP, and GTA IV showed massive improvement in FPS in comparison to non-SLI mode. However it would freeze my system every once and a while , so i tried older NV whql drivers, and things got worse, the moment I switch to SLI mode the system would freeze, making me desperate... :banghead:

Also of note, I have ASUS Xonar DS PCI sound card installed...

What could be done? Should I try to install old SLIPatch and last supported modded drivers... Could Sound card on PCI be the cause of problems?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.... :respect:

snipe

I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia Drivers and I was using HyperSLI .9 when I enabled SLI it went to blue screen, so I got .96 and everything was working fine. Now when I come back to my system after the displays turn off the system freezes every few seconds. I did not know what it was until I got the display driver stopped responding and has recovered message and now it is fine. There seems to be a conflict somewhere. Any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 HP 64bit
Asus P5Q Pro
MSI GTX 460x2

Last edited:

snipe

Well I disabled my displays from turning off at all and it helped but just today it started messing up and freezing again so I removed the latest driver and backdated to the previous to see if it help. If not then I will backdate HyperSLI to what it was before.

Mephy

Thanks for your excelent work!
got me a second evga 560ti fpb but completly forgot that my old Asus P5E was Crossfire only.
While searching cheap/used socket775 board i stumbled upon this thread.
I followed instructions on 1st page and now there is another working system to add to the list.

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
Asus P5E
2 EVGA GTX560ti FPB
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Nvidia drivers: 306.97

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Solar0

Tried everything

Still not changing NVidia Control Panel for me; still only says "Set PhysX Configuration" and doesn't mention SLI.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
GFX Cards: Two identical Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560s
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX Socket AM3
SLI Bridge: Connected (ASUS Nvidia)

Nvidia driver: 310.70
HyperSLI: Tried it with 0.9 and 0.96
I also have Virtualisation enabled in the BIOS, and Integrated Graphics disabled

All the times I tried it, I followed the process step by step and it came up with the boot option correctly every time, and I booted into it and it only ever came up with good messages about how it's successfully been installed. Rebooted when it told me to, updated and rebooted again, checking the Nvidia control panel every time but it never gave me the SLI option in the control panel. I restarted the control panel and it still wasn't changed, I completely removed and reinstalled all Nvidia drivers from both the disc and from their latest download.

I just can't get this damn SLI option to show up =( tried for days :banghead:

Pleeeeeease help because at the moment I've just wasted money on a new card I can't use! ='(

Last edited:

weaksauc3

Still not changing NVidia Control Panel for me; still only says "Set PhysX Configuration" and doesn't mention SLI.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
GFX Cards: Two identical Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560s
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX Socket AM3
SLI Bridge: Connected (ASUS Nvidia)

Nvidia driver: 310.70
HyperSLI: Tried it with 0.9 and 0.96
I also have Virtualisation enabled in the BIOS, and Integrated Graphics disabled

All the times I tried it, I followed the process step by step and it came up with the boot option correctly every time, and I booted into it and it only ever came up with good messages about how it's successfully been installed. Rebooted when it told me to, updated and rebooted again, checking the Nvidia control panel every time but it never gave me the SLI option in the control panel. I restarted the control panel and it still wasn't changed, I completely removed and reinstalled all Nvidia drivers from both the disc and from their latest download.

I just can't get this damn SLI option to show up =( tried for days :banghead:

Pleeeeeease help because at the moment I've just wasted money on a new card I can't use! ='(

did you disable onboard graphics and update BIOS?

weaksauc3

same here

I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia Drivers and I was using HyperSLI .9 when I enabled SLI it went to blue screen, so I got .96 and everything was working fine. Now when I come back to my system after the displays turn off the system freezes every few seconds. I did not know what it was until I got the display driver stopped responding and has recovered message and now it is fine. There seems to be a conflict somewhere. Any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 HP 64bit
Asus P5Q Pro
MSI GTX 460x2

I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you also encounter a problem where your computer would suddenly seem to lag/stutter?

Solar0

did you disable onboard graphics and update BIOS?
Yep, onboard graphics are disabled. GPU-Z can only read one of my cards, but I have got it to recognise both before before I had an SLI bridge, but that only happened once.

It's probably also worth mentioning that HyperSLI 0.96 doesn't work for me and just says "Unable to get Boot Information" (even though Snipe posted above here saying that he got 0.96 to work, and he's on Win7 Home Premium with GTX cards just like me :/ )

Last edited:

landras

HyperSLI_0.96

Thanks for HyperSLI_0.96 now my nvidia 310.90 driver works!BIG THANKS!

kaza

Hi...
I am trying instal HyperSLI 0.96 on my computer , but it show "unable to get boot information". What dies it mean? .Regards kaza

Solar0

Something really fishy is going on if some people with the combination of driver 310 and HyperSLI 0.96 can get it to work and others can't :/

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
New driver 310.90 is out. Someone tried them?

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Yep, onboard graphics are disabled. GPU-Z can only read one of my cards, but I have got it to recognise both before before I had an SLI bridge, but that only happened once.

It's probably also worth mentioning that HyperSLI 0.96 doesn't work for me and just says "Unable to get Boot Information" (even though Snipe posted above here saying that he got 0.96 to work, and he's on Win7 Home Premium with GTX cards just like me :/ )

Hi, in device manager do you see both cards?
The hypersli will not install if both cards are not present.

Solar0

Hi, in device manager do you see both cards?
The hypersli will not install if both cards are not present.

No, just the one is showing up :S

Both are plugged in, fans are going round, 2 PIC-E cables in both, SLI connected :/

I'll have a fiddle around with it and get back to you, thanks.

Solar0

Got it

OK, that was very odd indeed;

I swapped round the cards so that the card I've had for 1.5 years was in the 2nd slot and my newest card was in the 1st slot, and my computer suddenly recognised that there were 2.

And then I applied the patch and it worked! Yay!

So I can now confirm that Nvidia 310.90 work with two GeForce GTX 560s with an AMD motherboard and CPU.

Fanks! ^^

System Name Windows 7 Utlimate 64 Bit
Processor I5 760 @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI
Cooling Enzotech Extreme-X Rev.A 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
Memory 8Gb G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 Cl7-8-7-24
Video Card(s) MSI GTX480 Lighting
Storage (2) 500Gb and (1) 500Gb backup
Display(s) HP 2310m
Case Aspire
Audio Device(s) Klipsch 5.1 pro and X-Fi Gamer
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 910w single rail
Thanks for this program! I had to RMA my son's GTX480 Lightning when it just stopped showing temps and having no fan control. Did not want to buy a new card just yet, because it still holds it own in all of the games he plays, and still under warranty.

We were using GTX460's for PhysX in each of our PC's. Figured I would just Sli them in his. But his Biostar P55 MoBo only does CF.

I heard of the SLI hack, and figured I give it a try until his video card returns, and will sell for an GTX660Ti or GTX670.

I Uninstalled Avast (heard there might be problems with it), install the .96 HyperSli, and already had the newest 310.90 driver installed. Followed the instructions like posted on 1st page, and so far works with no problems.

BTW, running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Last edited:

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
I confirm that 310.90 drivers are working fine on my pc.

Far Cry 3_Max PAyne 3_Skyrim_Catzilla

Solar0

I confirm that 310.90 drivers are working fine on my pc.

Far Cry 3_Max PAyne 3_Skyrim_Catzilla

And my Crysis 2 runs like an absolute beast on the highest settings possible; a gamer's wet dream

Last edited:

snipe

I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you also encounter a problem where your computer would suddenly seem to lag/stutter?

Yep, I just updated to 310.9 and I get the same thing happening, the system is fine for a while but if I stop using it and come back some time later it freezes up and lags, I have to revert back to an older driver again.

Mykee36

Just downloaded and installed the 310.90 drivers.
Ran a couple of games and benchmarks, no problems at bootup or with gameplay.
I have HyperSLI 9.6 installed.
Run HyperSli in hardware mode

i7 2600k
Windows 7
Motherboard: ASROCK P67 Pro3 SE
GTX 560ti SLI

snipe

306.97 work flawlessly, but I had updated them to 310.70 and was using HyperSLI 0.9 and when I activated SLI, I got a BSOD instantly. So I updated to HyperSLI 0.96 and everything worked fine, but if I left my computer for a while and came back it would start locking up for about 5 sec and work for 10, then lockup again. Task Manager did not show anything running that would cause this so I rebooted and eventually disabled the monitors from turning off and this seemed better for a bit then it started again so I went to task manager and the system froze and then I got the msg, display driver stopped responding but has recovered and it was working fine after that. This is how I determined the Nvidia driver to be the issue. So I backdated to 306.97 and everything has been fine, and now that 310.90 came out I decided to try it and I got the same thing, it worked well for a bit then I came back to it today and it was freezing again. I rebooted it about 5 hours ago and now I am on it with no issues. Any ideas?

Here is a screen of Blue Screen View from the BSOD I had.

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u673/Dylan_Dyck/BSV_zps155fc50e.jpg

Last edited:
310.90, HyperSLI 0.96, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, ASRock 890FX Deluxe3, 2x450GTS 1GB without any problems :rockout:

Sukram.

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Catzilla benchmarks on tiger sli_10077 obtained!

I've ran Catzilla on tiger settings and got 10077!
Woo for an amd cpu is not bad at all!
Around me on chart only Intel.

faheyd

System Name BobsAMD
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard MSI 890FX-GD70
Cooling Water cooled, 480mm external radiator
Memory GSkill 4x4GB F3-12800CL9-4GBRL 756.7MHz 9.9.9.24.33-2T
Video Card(s) GTX 480 in SLI (air cooled)
Storage 96GB kinston SSD and 500GBx2 Seagates
Display(s) Dell 2407WFP
Case AzzA Hurrican
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889
Power Supply Corsair 1200w
Software win7 64bit
I had 9.0 HyperSLI installed. Got blue screens when I upgraded to 310.90 nvidia drivers. Uninstalled 9.0 sli and rebooted. Reinstalled 9.6 sli and now all is well. Thank you once again Anatolymik.
I'm running MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard, AMD FX-8150 8core cpu, 2 each GTX 480's gpu's, 16GB ram. It runs very smooth.

rodrigoeana

Help

Good afternoon, I'm having trouble activating the patch in the following configuration

Intel Core 2 Quad : http://ark.intel.com/products/38512/...z-1333-MHz-FSB
--
Motherboard ECS P45T-AD3 : http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...uID=16&LanID=0
--
Memory DDR3 1600 8Gb(4X2Gb) Corsair Dominator: http://www.corsair.com/cmp8gx3m4a1600c8.html
--
1SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120GB : http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-ver...i-2-5-ssd.html
--
VGA Asus EN9800GT Ultimate: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/N...IMATEHTDP512M/
--
VGA EVGA 9800GT: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...01G-P3-N988-TR
--
PSU AKASA ES 600W : http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...=AK-P600AG8-SL

I do all the steps, but does not appear the option to enable SLI in Nvidia panel, would have something more to do beyond what was shown in the tutorial? Will these cards are not compatible to the SLI? Because EVGA has 1Gb of RAM with 112 shaders, and Asus has 512 RAM with 128 Shaders. Are these VGAs incompatible because of their differences? Would this motherboard incompatible with the patch? Thanks for the help.