1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games' started by HookeyStreet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:

well im running 2x5850 sapphire toxics, i run with dx11 all aa up and dx11 adavanced features on from 40-55fps and my cards never get hotter then 55c with fans at 80%
  2. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmmm, I will try 80% and see what i get next time --- your toxic's has a bigger fan and like built in heatskinks :p
  3. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:

I'll trade you one of my PowerColor's for one of your toxics :rockout:
  4. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah im good alex. lol throw in a extra 200 and you got a deal, i know thats absurb but thats the point AHHAHAA
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Recorded with Fraps, encoded with Avivo. ;)
  6. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    At first I thought it wasn't, but now I do believe it is.
    Playing the game some more, I'm surviving on DX10/Very High, but need full 3d clocks enabled. The average is like 50-60frames but in any special lighting scene or heavily particle floating area, it takes a bit of a hit.

I've tried that tool before, and it's ok I guess, but it's pretty much no different than renaming the .exe, and certain games are just not going to benefit no matter what method you try.

I'll give it another shot though, just to say I did.
  7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    one mode may give better performance, so its worth a shot.
  8. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    sooo...anybody else have high heating issues or am I the only nub?? :laugh:
  9. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i used fraps and i get average of like 35, ..low of 30 and highs 55 or so, is that pretty average for my setup?
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The graphics look great but how is the game/plot?
  11. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    You're not the only one, my 4870 reaches around 70c in this game.

It has a pretty good story, almost similar to Fallout 3. The main jist of the story is that there was a worldwide apocalypse and the only people who survived were the ones down in the metro system and the game just goes on from there about how they live and you getting to know how life was like before the apocalypse.

Also,

The game runs great for me on high with DX10 enabled and AF/AA on. But when i switch over to very high, thats when things really take a dip.
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You're also only running 512. That could be an issue.
  13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    im full max ,8xAA, on my 5850, with vsync on and every great once in awhile it will drop to 57 or so.... never annoying and i wouldn't even notice if fraps weren't on.

great game. intriguing story, beautiful graphics, gameplay has a few added things to it... like you need to take care of your gasmask/flashlight, and need to conserve ammo.

the only thing that i hate, is sometimes the difficulty ramps up to ridiculous levels, like they are tests or something, and there is a certain way through. I've been playing 5+ hours, and this only happened twice, so not often - but when it does it breaks immersion for me.

regardless, great game. glad i bought it, and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's like a Stalker atmosphere, with Bioshock quality to the gameworld. Im not a huge bioshock fan, but credit where it's due they put together a quality mesh - same with metro. like a highly polished stalker, but linear. which is ok here.
  14. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    True.

I am planning to get a new card sooner or later, so its all good till then.
  15. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Ok this sucks. I'm outside with no more oxygen tanks with the game saved 10 secondes before I am going to die. I'm where I'm suppose to be but the guy takes to long talking. I've got to find a way to get passed this. :banghead:
  16. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Well, I shut off the extra DX11 features, but then I got to a point where my performance once again took a nosedive. I may just finish the game in DX10 or 9

Where it happened is below, with possible spoiler.
    Where you pick up Sasha and have him come along with you was an instant frame rate drop for me. It's nearly unplayable.
  17. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    and iam stuck as to where to go. iam in a place where there is shallow water so i walked around there and found a ladder and climbed up it only to find some passagways that are blocked off or? ill go and play the game now and try to give a better explanation as to were iam , but i dont know were to go next
  18. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i just tried and its the lost cattacombs, Ive been going around in circles, any help to get me outa there would be great lol
    i climbed a ladder that was in the glowing green water and took me to some tunnels but i still see know where out
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  19. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Use M

I ended up finding a gas tank. Now I keep dieing by all these jelly balls blowing up in my face. Urgh... Im on easy too lol. They just keep on coming.
  20. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i will go try now thanx
    well that brings up his journal and did realy nothing, iam sure iam missing something. is there a way to use it to help guide him out of there, I tried again and still can fiqure it out, I went up the ladder, and followed a tunnel that lead to a gate with a bog wheel and then on opposite side there is a gate but no way out,, this is crazy lol
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  21. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Tried it but uninstalled it,its a pos imo,too many issues to get it running nevermind problems with getting a gasmask if it gets cracked.Avoid is my opinion.
  22. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Does this game really require 8gb of RAM, or is it just a crock of shiat!
  23. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Depends.

There's no such thing as a game that needs 8GB of RAM. But it all depends what settings you're trying to play on. If you want everything maxed out with everything at the highest setting, then i would say for this particular game that you would benefit with more memory.
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's optimal, not required.

that being said, with my i7 rig in specs I am on full max 8xAA... granted i've got 6gb which is pretty close to 8 - but you'll at elast be able to play with decent settings I would think at 4, as long as the rest of your rig holds up.
  25. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    will be nice to see if it makes a differnce with 8 gig cause my other 4 will be here in a few days, so i will pop them in and see if it helps any. probably will abit with my setup cause mine is not very good compared to yyour i7 rigs,
    hey guys iam currious as to where my rig compares with your i7 setups on a scale of 1-10 were would mine rate at?