1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows Vista Tech Support

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Thermopylae_480, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Open a “Run...” box (press the Windows key + r ), type MSCONFIG, go to the “Tools” tab and then select and launch “Disable UAC.”

Should sort it for you without trying to find it in the control panel. Check out the Vista guide in my sig for more tips and tweaks. :)
  2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    my computer used to work fine but i have 2 major problems i need help on somewhat immediately....

1. when i try to install updates it says configuring updates and then boots up fine but then it says it needs to install them again i look at the list and its the exact same ones WTF? but it doesnt say it failed.......

2. this juswt happened recently my computer wont reboot or shutdown anymore it goes into some kind of power standby it goes through all the screens and then it makes the power down clicketc...hard drives shutting down my video disspears but my computer is still on it just sits their and idles....no actual power down same with rebooting it wont come back from that "state" any ideas? iv alreadyt tried changing the setting then looking ion the bios power options no go all the same it just randomely did it.
  3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    For the shutdown restart issue- Did you recently add/change/update any software. Kaspersky did that to me at one point in time. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and the problem disappeared
  4. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    no iv only installed oblivion it wont properly shutdown at all iv even tried defaulting the power options etc. no go wtf?
  5. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Audio Drivers Issue :~

Hi! I've installed Windows Vista 32 bit on a Celeron 1.7 with 64mb VC and a gig of Ram... Mobo is Asus P4S533-MX

My "particular" issue is that I can't install my audio drivers xD (Onboard ones) the other things that I've installed works perfectly, such as Office, MSN Messenger and other programs...
    Everything works well so far, but the audio driver (the error is when installing it, it says that is not compatible with windows)
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  6. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The onboard audio is ADI AD1980 6-channel CODEC, and I havn't found a Vista driver for it yet, still looking.:toast:
  7. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Keep in mind that is 32 bit Vista, that's why I'm so confused...
    Every 32bit application I've used works, excepting that damn driver :mad:
  8. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Found several links that say there is no Vista driver for that, all of them say to add a sound card.
    Zeratul_uy says thanks.
  9. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was afraid of that lol, then I'll suggest to buy a soundcard... Thx Brotha :toast:
  10. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    if you have the driver as an .exe try running it in compatability mode it could possible work then just right click on it go to Properties>compatability tab> and select run as xp sp2 it might work then thats what i have to do on a couple of my apps and games.
    Namslas90 and Zeratul_uy say thanks.
  11. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn why did I not think about that before?! You're right :D I've forgotten totally about that option!

I'll msg if it worked, Thx!

[offtopic] How can I download your CD? [/offtopic]
  12. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Worked!! :toast: TY very much!!
  13. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    no problem as for my cd you should just wait a week i have another thats almost done completion but if you want to know just click on it and it will link you to the downloads section of tpu thats were it is.

o i c my link is outdated ill fix it but im woring on m y car ill get back to you guys.
  14. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's why I was asking about it hehe, I'm waiting for it! :D
  15. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    their ya go i fixed the link and if your a litle dissapointed you need not worry the new one is out in less than a week and it will be amazing
    Zeratul_uy says thanks.
  16. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    hmmm ok i just downloaded all my updates wetc........o btw my boot ;/update install issue ios fixed i actually didnt fix it popped in my gig of ram and my new proc and it worked? anyway

you download updates they go in a folder called "softwareDistrobution" the updates install and the computer reboots..........so i find this a little bit of a tweak because i want to save space my updates folder is at 2.5GB and i want that space onlything is if i delete the updates in that folder will i need to DL them again? is that their perminent home or temp dir?
  17. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey i have a digital usb tv tuner its a leadtek one apparently it is vista certified and has drivers on their site i download them for my tv tuner but when i extract the file all i get is a bunch of files but i have no clue on what to do with them i also downloaded the software but it doesn't recognize the tv tuner also vista does not recognize the tv tuner

these are the files i get when i download the 64bit vista drivers from http://www.leadtek.com/eng/support/download.asp?downlineid=144&downline=WINFAST DTV DONGLE

these are the files i get no .exe files

[​IMG]

driver cd with the tuner dont work my guess is i have to place them somewhere in windows directory but no clue were

thanks for any help
  18. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    those ones with the yelolow bands are driver files tell it to search for the drivers and browse to that folder it should install and it should work.
    same with the .sys files those are driver files their basically all important but if you have to manually place them the .sys and the yellowband one s are what youll probably need to move.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  19. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok ill try it out thanks for the help :)

EDIT: nope :( vista doesnt recognize then wen i specify that folder it just says unable to install
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  20. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Systool Crash with Vista (Help)

Hello I am new to these forums, but not to Systool. I was able to run the app just fine when I was running Windows XP but when I made the move to Vista(32Bit) and I installed it and the driver, Systool would not work and would cause my computer to behave unstable. If someone can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it beacuse I want to overclock my AMD Athlon 64 3800+ and need to increase the voltage to it for further overclocking. Again any advice toward solving this problem or if anyone knows of anyother software that I can use to increase the voltage to my processor would be appreciated.
  21. Zeratul_uy

Zeratul_uy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tryed by the BIOS? It's the best option IMO
  22. hakanpersson New Member

Thanks Received:
    Installing dx9 freaked out my graphics

Hello there forumreaders! I have a problem where I really could use your help!

I am running Vista Home Premium on my Vaio laptop. Some weeks ago I was told to test a game for my work. When installing, I had to press continue on directx9 installer in order to complete the installation.

After that several of my 3d apps are going nuts. 3DsMax 9 reverts back to dx 8.1. And when viewing DDS files my screen goes blank sometimes for a few seconds, and then saying something like "your displaydrivers recovered from internal error".
    If I try to assign a dds texture in Max 8.1 it says "error creating direct 3d device".

Anyone know a solution to this? Perhaps some way to uninstall those drivers. And since there isnt any installer for dx10 I cant try to replace. I can live with it, but those errors ruins my day quite often. My comp is a sony vaio VGN-C2Z, "vista only". With a nvidia 7400(i think)go.

cheers /Håkan
  23. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    wich is the game
  24. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Can't Overclock in BIOS

Yeah I know Man, the thing is I have an OEM computer and they have all those Overclocking setting removed thats why I Used to use Systool.
  25. hakanpersson New Member

Thanks Received:
    One you most definatly not tried, "Paradise", we are UK publishers for it. Rather old by now I think. I also tried to download latest dx9 from microsoft too see if they were using some odd release, but its still same result.