Monday, August 1st 2011
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the HyperX SSD, its first SATA Rev. 3.0 6Gb/s solid-state drive. The Kingston HyperX SSD features the latest SandForce controller and is designed for enthusiasts, gamers and performance users.
- 120GB and 240GB capacities. Ships as a standalone SSD (includes HyperX branded 2.5" to 3.5" desktop mounting plate); or as a bundle with the HyperX Upgrade Kit for easy installation (includes Acronis True Image HD migration software, desktop mounting plate, external drive bay, multi-head screwdriver, SATA data cable.
- Incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555/510 MB/s.
- SandForce SF-2281 controller featuring SATA Rev 3.0 (6GB/s).
- Max 4KB random read/write of 95,000 / 70,000 IOPS (120GB).
- Premium Intel 25nm Compute NAND (P/E 5K).