Wednesday, October 17th 2012

Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 Arriving Next Month

Microsoft Group Program Manager Rob Mauceri has today revealed that Internet Explorer 10 will be bringing its bells and whistles over to Windows 7 in mid-November. The catch is that the release planned for next month is (still) a preview as the Redmond company wants to "collect developer and customer feedback" before rolling out a final version.

Internet Explorer 10 integrates Adobe Flash Player and comes with improved JavaScript performance, better HTML5 support, the Enhanced Protected Mode, plus other tweaks and fixes. IE10 can be experienced in full on Windows 8 which arrives on October 26.Source: IEBlog

100 Comments on Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 Arriving Next Month

Derek12
dude12564 said:
And because lots of people now assume that IE is slow/buggy.
And because it's made by Microsoft too.

But in my case it isn't slow nor buggy (except some websites), nor doesn't matter me if its made by MS or not, but there are better browsers for my needs and there isn't a real reason for me to use it.
Fourstaff
[H]@RD5TUFF said:
I believe it to be a script on my colleges website that hangs, and causes a memory leak that makes it freeze and crash. It doesn't crash 100% of the time, sometimes it recovers from being frozen, but most of the time it does not.
Sounds like your college is not bothered with IE compatibility. My college doesn't bother with Chrome, but it still works (to some extent).
pr0n Inspector
Still no color management. Really disappointing, not supporting something so basic on one of their own core software.
H82LUZ73
Dos101 said:
Nope, they finalized it for Windows 8, then moved on to work on the Windows 7 version. I still use it for site compatibility (the odd time I encounter the issue), but it's actually gotten pretty speedy, whereas Firefox for me has gotten slower and slower.
Yep me 2 ,I find certain sites load slower with FireFarce then IE10.Under Win8......IE is 10.0.9200.1634 version numbers.So yes it is final and is being ported to Win7 just like DX11.1 and those 2 will be the only things ported to WIn7 from 8.

IE10 Is theme options with colour changes,None are out until WIn8 hits Oct26th,Do any of guys watch The Walking Dead commercials last week??????????? YOU CAN CHANGE THEMES IN IE10 ....there no more of the talk from you guys not seeing it.
[H]@RD5TUFF
Fourstaff said:
IE is the only browser they do support
Fourstaff
[H]@RD5TUFF said:
IE is the only browser they do support
And IE still crash and burn. Your college needs a better IT department.
TheMailMan78
Big Member
Fourstaff said:
And IE still crash and burn. Your college needs a better IT department.
No it will not. Works perfectly fine.
[H]@RD5TUFF
Fourstaff said:
And IE still crash and burn. Your college needs a better IT department.
It's a JC in a bankrupt state that continually cuts funding for classes to pay for teachers pensions.

TheMailMan78 said:
No it will not. Works perfectly fine.
You either are trolling or didn't bother to read the conversation, that and given I stated why I believe it does what it does and that it in fact does not "work perfectly fine", please GTFO :shadedshu
Fourstaff
[H]@RD5TUFF said:
In which case do your community a service and improve the IT :)

Also, shoot the retired teachers to you need less pensions, they are not productive to the community anyway after retiring (no don't do this).
TheMailMan78
Big Member
[H]@RD5TUFF said:

If IE is crashing its two things.

1. Something isn't coded right in the site. Could even be malware and is causing IE to crash.

2. Something is wrong with your computer.

I spend way over 12 hours a day working off the same computer going to TONS of sites for work and Ill bet you money my event viewer and reliability monitor is better then yours. IE is industry standard. If a site crashes IE then its something wrong with the site or your computer. Not IE.
[H]@RD5TUFF
TheMailMan78 said:
If IE is crashing its two things.

2. Something is wrong with your computer.

*clap* Again you didn't bother to read what was said, you instead spouted of a bunch of pig headed ignorance please quit while your ahead.:wtf:
TheMailMan78
Big Member
[H]@RD5TUFF said:
[H]@RD5TUFF said:
I did read it and gave you the reasons why its not an IE problem.
Prima.Vera
This time I agree with the Postal Dude. I hate addons, and except AdBlock I have none installed. I use IE sometimes because of shitty sites codded with ActiveX and also for Sopcast TV sites and such. We all know that most of the live broadcast sites ONLY work with IE...
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
Nothgrin said:

And as long as Bill Gates still has billions in his pockets and I don't :cry: I'll call it M$
This is pure stupid.

Anyway, good stuff.
trickson
OH, I have such a headache
Cristian_25H said:

Source: IEBlog
I hope it is better than 9 is all.
claylomax
Derek12 said:
Bah, Opera FTW. But at least MS is doing good job regarding Web standards in IE10 albeit it is behind Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari...

No, it wasn't "ported" to 7.
Same here. Opera :rockout:
Derek12
Prima.Vera said:
What irony, clicking on the link in the quote, it shows garbage in anything but IE9, some server is sending a image as plain text a HTML document (text/html) and IE doesn't respect that :rolleyes:

Nothgrin said:

You call Microsoft "M$" only due to that? then almost all big companies should had currency symbols on its names. In my case I do that only with Apple due to other reasons.
[H]@RD5TUFF
TheMailMan78 said:
I did read it and gave you the reasons why its not an IE problem.
Wow you copied what yet still was unable to grasp it . . . you want to play semantics go for it, but the reality is the browser crashes regardless of if you like it or not.;)
Dos101
Nothgrin said:
No offense, but Bill Gates is more generous and does more good with his money than you would probably ever do if you had as much as him.

[H]@RD5TUFF said:
Components of IE are so tightly integrated into the OS that there probably is a problem with Windows on your computer.
[H]@RD5TUFF
Dos101 said:

Nope, brand new installation, and I have checked there are no registry errors or anything of that nature.

I find it funny how the M$ faithful will grasp at any straw to attempt to shift blame away from M$ products.
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
[H]@RD5TUFF said:

It's because that is often the case.
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
[H]@RD5TUFF said:

well if you have a problem with the stuff put unix/linux on your machine then, oh i forgot, most games are still Windows Only Compatible or require WINE on Linux.:D

In other news, MS has came a long way since IE6/7. 9 just works period. I wonder how 10 will be

stinger608 said:
IE9 isn't all that bad, however I have grown to like FireFox since the IE6 days. I prefer FireFox however will surely install IE10 and give it a shot.

Now here is a thought for all of you folks that think IE is the bomb.

Harvard Universities sites are all built and optimized for Google Chrome and FireFox! Must say something about the two. LOL
a pico corner of the Web lmao
Raw
I have never had a crash with IE9...ever

[H]@RD5TUFF said:
huh? what are you talking about? Crashes????

I have never had a crash with IE9...ever.
And I use it on 4 pcs.

I have to what are some of you people doing &*???...that's what amazes me.
People may or may not like the layout or the colors, etc. but crashes? Not over here in these parts.

And it's fast too. As fast as any other browser I tried. (FF, Chrome):twitch:
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
Raw said:
huh? what are you talking about? Crashes????

I have never had a crash with IE9...ever.
And I use it on 4 pcs.

I have to what are some of you people doing &*???...that's what amazes me.

And it's fast too. As fast as any other browser I tried. (FF, Chrome):twitch:
Ive had FF crash and even Chrome fail before, not as near as what Opera ever did. IE ive yet to have any fails with