Wednesday, October 31st 2012

4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold: Ballmer

Microsoft sold over 4 million licenses to its Windows 8 operating system, which was launched last Friday worldwide. The figure was announced by CEO Steve Ballmer, speaking at the Build conference, attended by over 2,000 developers. Ballmer cited these numbers to encourage developers to build apps for the new operating system, and its fundamentally changed user-interface. Microsoft claimed that there are over 120,000 apps in its Windows App Store, a number catching up with the roughly 700,000 apps on similar established distribution platforms such as Apple App Store and Google Play. "Windows 8 is the best opportunity for software development today," Ballmer stated. "Hundreds of millions of people are aching to use your apps, just dying to use your application."

Source: Tom's Hardware
Add your own comment

79 Comments on 4 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold: Ballmer

#1
Melvis
Frick said:
Why would you have to have a touchscreen to use it properly? "Metro" is made for touch yes, but it's not hard using a mouse+keyboard. :confused:
Thats what i mean Metro is made for touchscreen/tablets etc thats my point, but for a basic Home PC its just a pain as most people on those videos agree and here at TPU.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174900
Posted on Reply
#2
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
Melvis said:
Thats what i mean Metro is made for touchscreen/tablets etc thats my point, but for a basic Home PC its just a pain as most people on those videos agree and here at TPU.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174900
I don't see how others have to do anything with your stance on the subject. It's fine that you don't like it, but why bring up the "noone likes it omfg" argument?
Posted on Reply
#3
Melvis
Frick said:
I don't see how others have to do anything with your stance on the subject. It's fine that you don't like it, but why bring up the "noone likes it omfg" argument?
Others means the majority, and the majority always wins. Im not saying that no one likes it I think thats pretty clear by now, and im just stating a fact thats all, nothing more nothing less, most people dont like it, period, some people do, good for them I dont realy care.
Posted on Reply
#4
Kantastic
Melvis said:
Others means the majority, and the majority always wins. Im not saying that no one likes it I think thats pretty clear by now, and im just stating a fact thats all, nothing more nothing less, most people dont like it, period, some people do, good for them I dont realy care.
Majority of tech forums =/= majority of computer users. We are the minority of the minority.
Posted on Reply