Wednesday, October 29th 2014

DeepCool Intros Captain 360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

DeepCool made the third entry into its GamerStorm Captain line of all-in-one liquid CPU coolers, the Captain 360. The other models in this series include the Captain 120 and Captain 240. As its name might suggest, the Captain 360 features a large 120 x 360 mm radiator, with three included 120 mm PWM fans. The pump+block assembly is the same as the other Captain series coolers, although its pump could be cranked up a little, to deal with the increased amount of coolant in the loop. The 120 x 360 mm radiator is 32 mm thick. The included fans feature speeds ranging between 600 and 2200 RPM, the combined air-flow of the cooler is 273 CFM. The block supports all modern CPU socket types, including LGA1150, LGA2011v3, AM3+, and FM2+. DeepCool didn't announce pricing or availability.
Add your own comment

14 Comments on DeepCool Intros Captain 360 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

#1
john_
From older PRs/articles I think the price was $140 for the 360.
Posted on Reply
#3
GreiverBlade
john_ said:
From older PRs/articles I think the price was $140 for the 360.
that would be great! ... also that would be great for me to be able to find it where i live ... unlike the H320 from Swiftech
Posted on Reply
#4
Octavean
Very, very, very interesting product if priced right,.....

I can see getting one,....

I'm a very visually oriented person though and the picture of the three 120mm fans is clearly off. It looks like a picture of progressively larger fans with the smallest in front, the medium in the middle and the largest in the back. In any case due to their position they don't look like they can be the same size. I suspect that they are in fact poorly doctored subjects in a photo (i.e. one fan duplicated in the shot without any thought put into perspective).
Posted on Reply
#6
Jorge
They need more fans - at least (10)... ;)
Posted on Reply
#8
damric
Crazyeyes please review this.
Posted on Reply
#9
Scrizz
Octavean said:
(i.e. one fan duplicated in the shot without any thought put into perspective).
That's exactly what it is.
Actually, whomever did that didn't just copy it but also scaled it.
It would've been better with them being the same size, or the ones further back smaller in succession.
Posted on Reply
#10
DeNeDe

















Application For
Intel Socket 150W

LGA2011-v3/LGA2011/LGA1366/LGA1156/LGA1155/LGA1150

High End Desktop i7
Core i7 Extreme/i7/i5/i3
Core 2 Extreme/Quad/Duo
Pentium/Pentium G
Celeron/Celeron G AMD Socket 140W

FM2+/FM2/FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2

APU A10/A8/A6/A4
FX 8/6/4-Core
Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2
Phenom X4/X3/X2
Athlon II X4/X3/X2
Athlon X4/X2
Athlon
Sempron
Business Class
Technical Spec
Main system Dimensions 89.0X65.4X76.0mm
Radiator Dimensions 395X120X32mm
Radiator Material Aluminum
Fan Dimensions 120X120X25mm(3pcs) +PWM
Fan Speed 600±200-2200±10%RPM
Fan Air Flow 273.36CFM (MAX)
Fan Air Pressure 3.71mmH2O(MAX)
Fan Life Expectancy 100000 hours
Fan Noise Level 17.6~39.3dB(A)
Fan Bearing Type Long lifetime ceramic FDB(Fluid Dynamic Bearing)
Fan Connector 4Pin
Fan Rated Voltage 12VDC
Fan Rated Current 0.24±10%A(MAX)
Fan Power Consumption 2.88W
Pump Life Expectancy 120000 hours
Pump Connector 3Pin
Pump Operating Voltage 6~19VDC
Pump Rated Voltage 12VDC
Pump Speed 6000±150RPM
Pump Load Current 0.40±10%A(MAX)
Pump Power Consumption 4.8W
Posted on Reply
#12
Octavean
Scrizz said:
That's exactly what it is.
Actually, whomever did that didn't just copy it but also scaled it.
It would've been better with them being the same size, or the ones further back smaller in succession.
I don't quite agree with that scaling comment you made.

From what I can see, just by looking at it, the fans were simply duplicated and were not scaled up progressively. Duplicating the same fan but keeping the duplicates the same size (lazily or unknowingly) layered upon one another (overlapping) creates an optical illusion that the fans are getting progressively larger. Its actually a very common optical illusion and those who have seen enough of them can typically spot such an illusion a mile away.

Here it just looks like who ever worked on the photo either didn't understand the properties of perspective that he or she was working with (something most artists and photographers know well) or just didn't care.

Not really a big deal either way it just looks wrong.
Posted on Reply
#13
Scrizz
Octavean said:
Duplicating the same fan but keeping the duplicates the same size (lazily or unknowingly) layered upon one another (overlapping) creates an optical illusion that the fans are getting progressively larger. Its actually a very common optical illusion and those who have seen enough of them can typically spot such an illusion a mile away.

Here it just looks like who ever worked on the photo either didn't understand the properties of perspective that he or she was working with (something most artists and photographers know well) or just didn't care.

Not really a big deal either way it just looks wrong.
good catch.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment