Wednesday, December 17th 2014

NVIDIA Outs GeForce 347.09 Beta Game Ready Drivers

NVIDIA released its latest "Game Ready" driver, this one being marked Beta, instead of WHQL. The new GeForce 347.09 Beta introduces performance optimizations for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and Elite: Dangerous. It adds a GeForce Experience application profile for Project: Cars; and tags along PhysX System Software version 9.14.0702, and GeForce Experience 16.18.9.0. Grab the driver from the links below.

DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce 347.09 Beta for Windows 8/7/Vista 64-bit, Windows 8/7/Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, and Windows XP 64-bit
Add your own comment

16 Comments on NVIDIA Outs GeForce 347.09 Beta Game Ready Drivers

#1
Gregster
Thanks for the early release :)
Posted on Reply
#2
alwayssts
First thing I noticed was...

I don't *think* that was there before now, was it?
Posted on Reply
#3
HumanSmoke
"alwayssts said:
First thing I noticed was...
I don't *think* that was there before now, was it?
The options ( Full: 0-255 and Limited: 16-235) have been on the control panel under the "Adjust video colour settings" tab for some considerable time.
Posted on Reply
#4
alwayssts
"HumanSmoke said:
The options ( Full: 0-255 and Limited: 16-235) have been on the control panel under the "Adjust video colour settings" tab for some considerable time.
...which is not the same thing.

That is for video, as in...video playback. It's part of nvidia's vast and compelling suite of options* in that regard. It joins such features like gamma during video playback, noise reduction, sharpness...and...well, that's pretty much it.

Basically, that would adjust the contrast at the source (yuv->rgb) conversion; selecting 0-255 for that setting just meant colors were clipped when they were displayed. Setting limited rgb for video messes up gamma something fierce (black looks washed out), but fixed issues of badly clipped color (terrible detail for very light or dark images, like clothing). Coming from an amd card (before finding that old fix elsewhere) I thought my tv had broken or windows was borked. It's seriously bad, I don't know how someone couldn't notice it wasn't supposed to be that way.

It speaks to the 10 year battle of customers vs nvidia understanding hdmi. It's unfortunate if people still don't/didn't know how what was happening.

(Yeah, this article is 2 days old...If I scrounged google I could find similar going back years and years. Edit: After reading it, we now know that's exactly what this is.)

If you've been using a monitor (or decent tv...many are also 0-255 unlike that article/nvidia would have you believe) over hdmi with exclusively nvidia cards since hdmi and didn't know about this, welcome to the world of WTW and BTB (whiter than white and blacker than black).

I *really* don't wanna be that guy every driver discussion has, but some things nvidia is woefully behind on when it comes to implementing standard features. This fixes one of them.

I wonder if we'll have to wait another decade for 4:2:2 chroma support...My god 4:2:0 looks awful. I feel truly bad for people that don't know things can (and by all accounts should) be better.


*small amount of sarcasm.
Posted on Reply
#5
xorbe
"alwayssts said:
...which is not the same thing.

That is for video, as in...video playback. It's part of nvidia's vast and compelling suite of options* in that regard. It joins such features like gamma during video playback, noise reduction, sharpness...and...well, that's pretty much it.

Basically, that would adjust the contrast at the source (yuv->rgb) conversion; selecting 0-255 for that setting just meant colors were clipped when they were displayed. Setting limited rgb for video messes up gamma something fierce (black looks washed out), but fixed issues of badly clipped color (terrible detail for very light or dark images, like clothing). Coming from an amd card (before finding that old fix elsewhere) I thought my tv had broken or windows was borked. It's seriously bad, I don't know how someone couldn't notice it wasn't supposed to be that way.

It speaks to the 10 year battle of customers vs nvidia understanding hdmi. It's unfortunate if people still don't/didn't know how what was happening.

(Yeah, this article is 2 days old...If I scrounged google I could find similar going back years and years. Edit: After reading it, we now know that's exactly what this is.)

If you've been using a monitor (or decent tv...many are also 0-255 unlike that article/nvidia would have you believe) over hdmi with exclusively nvidia cards since hdmi and didn't know about this, welcome to the world of WTW and BTB (whiter than white and blacker than black).

I *really* don't wanna be that guy every driver discussion has, but some things nvidia is woefully behind on when it comes to implementing standard features. This fixes one of them.

I wonder if we'll have to wait another decade for 4:2:2 chroma support...My god 4:2:0 looks awful. I feel truly bad for people that don't know things can (and by all accounts should) be better.


*small amount of sarcasm.
As I understand it, it's actually the screen misreporting when it doesn't work properly on the nV card. But nV lacks a manual global override. There is a thread on [H] for the solution.
Posted on Reply
#6
newtekie1
Semi-Retired Folder
So I wonder what this means...

Posted on Reply
#7
D007
I'm digging the full dynamic range finally added. Only took them like 10 years but hey, better late than never lol. No more YCBCR for me.
Posted on Reply
#8
Steevo
I didn't realize you green guys didn't have full range, can you set the bit per sub-pixel too? And no deblocking, vector de-interlacing, mosquito noise reduction, and independent video controls for player or driver override?
Posted on Reply
#9
Prima.Vera
Did they fixed yet the black textures corruption in Dragon Age 2?? The game is almost unplayable on DX11...
Posted on Reply
#10
TRWOV
"alwayssts said:
...which is not the same thing.

That is for video, as in...video playback. It's part of nvidia's vast and compelling suite of options* in that regard. It joins such features like gamma during video playback, noise reduction, sharpness...and...well, that's pretty much it.

Basically, that would adjust the contrast at the source (yuv->rgb) conversion; selecting 0-255 for that setting just meant colors were clipped when they were displayed. Setting limited rgb for video messes up gamma something fierce (black looks washed out), but fixed issues of badly clipped color (terrible detail for very light or dark images, like clothing). Coming from an amd card (before finding that old fix elsewhere) I thought my tv had broken or windows was borked. It's seriously bad, I don't know how someone couldn't notice it wasn't supposed to be that way.

It speaks to the 10 year battle of customers vs nvidia understanding hdmi. It's unfortunate if people still don't/didn't know how what was happening.

(Yeah, this article is 2 days old...If I scrounged google I could find similar going back years and years. Edit: After reading it, we now know that's exactly what this is.)

If you've been using a monitor (or decent tv...many are also 0-255 unlike that article/nvidia would have you believe) over hdmi with exclusively nvidia cards since hdmi and didn't know about this, welcome to the world of WTW and BTB (whiter than white and blacker than black).

I *really* don't wanna be that guy every driver discussion has, but some things nvidia is woefully behind on when it comes to implementing standard features. This fixes one of them.

I wonder if we'll have to wait another decade for 4:2:2 chroma support...My god 4:2:0 looks awful. I feel truly bad for people that don't know things can (and by all accounts should) be better.


*small amount of sarcasm.
I always thought that video output looked better on ATi cards. I chalked it up to their experience on the Theater and AiW cards but never knew the technical reasons. Thanks for the informative post.
Posted on Reply
#11
D007
"Steevo said:
I didn't realize you green guys didn't have full range, can you set the bit per sub-pixel too? And no deblocking, vector de-interlacing, mosquito noise reduction, and independent video controls for player or driver override?
Hell, I didn't realize it either. I think it's incredibly shitty that we didn't for so long tbh.

We have the video override options though, with interlacing, full deblocking and all that. But you are talking about the wrong thing. We always had that. They are talking about desktop color controls, not video player controls. Desktop color controls are even more important to me because they handle the color of like everything. Games included.
Posted on Reply
#13
xorbe
(I didn't mean to post this bit of gibberish that I removed, as I wasn't sure actually.)

"Steevo said:
What about bit per sub pixel though? I have the option for 8, 10, and 12 and use 12 so its actually like 36 bit color.
Isn't greater than 8 reserved for Fire Pro and Quadro cards?
Posted on Reply
#14
Steevo
nope.
"xorbe said:
My HTPC buff friend says Radeon has the goods, but that software players have also gotten good., th


Isn't greater than 8 reserved for Fire Pro and Quadro cards?


Posted on Reply
#15
xorbe
Are you trying to show 8 vs 12 bit with a jpg sharpened/contrasted on the right side, on my 8 bit screen? lol (I am running a pro NEC screen, but not a "pro" nVidia card, so 8 bits. But I'm rocking a 14 bit LUT.)
Posted on Reply
#16
Steevo
Its 12bit per sub pixel, 4K video with more enhancement through the CCC, hardware accelerated. I only have 1080 though.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment