Friday, September 16th 2016

Raidmax Readies the SIGMA Mid-tower Chassis

Raidmax is working on the SIGMA mid-tower chassis. The case features a unique horizontally-compartmentalized interior design that sets it apart from the scores of similar case designs. The horizontal partition, instead of running the entire length of the case, stops short of the front panel by a few centimeters. This frees up room for a large 360 mm x 120 mm radiator along the front-panel, including fans attached to its inner side.

The case features a brushed aluminium front-panel with four perforated steel polygonal intakes. The case provides room for 2.5-inch drive bays along the motherboard tray, and two 3.5-inch bays under the bottom compartment. Besides the three 120 mm front intakes, you get two 120 mm top exhausts, and a 120 mm rear exhaust. A tempered-glass side panel is thumb-screwed to the side. Front-panel connectivity include USB 3.0 ports (standard header) and HDA audio jacks. The company didn't reveal pricing or availability.
Add your own comment

12 Comments on Raidmax Readies the SIGMA Mid-tower Chassis

#1
Caring1
It seems they've run out of ideas for the plain box and add angles to the fascias now.
It's still ugly IMO.
Posted on Reply
#2
Hood
Caring1 said:
It seems they've run out of ideas for the plain box and add angles to the fascias now.
It's still ugly IMO.
This sort of ugliness seems to have started with NZXT's Phantom series, then Corsair regurgitated the SPEC-ALPHA, and now this. What's next, Cooler Master Maker Polygonal POS Deluxe? Thermaltake Geometrica 3? Fractal Design Angularity Mini? When will this madness end? At least it has a tempered glass side panel instead of the usual scratchy plastic window...another me-too feature this year, like RGB LEDs. Actually, for all of it's angular ugliness, this case looks better than most of it's geometry-challenged predecessors - I like the contrast between the brushed aluminum and the mesh panels - still wouldn't buy one...
Posted on Reply
#3
thesmokingman
It looks a lot better than their typical designs.
Posted on Reply
#4
peche
Thermaltake fanboy
Great case indeed,

Regards,
Posted on Reply
#5
tabascosauz
thesmokingman said:
It looks a lot better than their typical designs.
Of course it is. It's virtually copied from the NZXT S340. Take the stupid angled front fascia off, put a flat black panel in its place and voila, S340 with tempered glass.

Simple trapezoidal feet that scream H440? Check. No grommeted holes, in favour of a simple gap between two slightly offset panels for cable management? Check. Long, rectangular PSU shroud that extends all the way to the front of the case? Check.

The front and top panels and I/O cluster take a little more than just "inspiration" from the Phantom cases, and that's not a good example to follow in any case.
Posted on Reply
#6
xvi
Seems like an improvement from their normal cases at least.
Posted on Reply
#7
Corsair George
Corsair Rep
Hood said:
This sort of ugliness seems to have started with NZXT's Phantom series, then Corsair regurgitated the SPEC-ALPHA, and now this.
While the SPEC-ALPHA isn't my personal taste, either, I designed it with the help of the customers who helped select different concepts.

And now it's one of our best sellers. Sidenote - at the same time I designed that, I designed the 400C which is polar opposite on the "extreme" scale.

I don't like Strawberry ice cream - not my thing. But if I ran an ice cream parlor I'd be stupid not to sell it - customers buy it, it's a popular flavor.
Posted on Reply
#8
Hood
Corsair George said:
While the SPEC-ALPHA isn't my personal taste, either, I designed it with the help of the customers who helped select different concepts.

And now it's one of our best sellers. Sidenote - at the same time I designed that, I designed the 400C which is polar opposite on the "extreme" scale.

I don't like Strawberry ice cream - not my thing. But if I ran an ice cream parlor I'd be stupid not to sell it - customers buy it, it's a popular flavor.
Well said, George. I'm probably just getting old, but my taste these days runs to aluminum, tempered glass, and subdued RGB lighting. Glad to hear that you're not a big fan of the boy gamer look, the 400C is a step in the right direction. I'm looking at In Win and Phanteks cases lately, and I want my next case to be built with premium materials. Perhaps it's time for Corsair to show them how it's done...right around Christmas 2016 would be great...
Posted on Reply
#9
Corsair George
Corsair Rep
Hood said:
Well said, George. I'm probably just getting old, but my taste these days runs to aluminum, tempered glass, and subdued RGB lighting. Glad to hear that you're not a big fan of the boy gamer look, the 400C is a step in the right direction. I'm looking at In Win and Phanteks cases lately, and I want my next case to be built with premium materials. Perhaps it's time for Corsair to show them how it's done...right around Christmas 2016 would be great...
Take a look at the new 460X - it's a 400C with tempered glass front and side.

Also, you may be quite happy for Q4. We have a few more things to talk about.
Posted on Reply
#10
Hood
Corsair George said:
Take a look at the new 460X - it's a 400C with tempered glass front and side.
How did I miss this one? That's more like it - Crystal 460X RGB could be my next case, unless Corsair releases something even better...
Posted on Reply
#11
freedom
I like this design. Asymmetrical beauty
Posted on Reply
#12
freedom
Corsair George said:
While the SPEC-ALPHA isn't my personal taste, either, I designed it with the help of the customers who helped select different concepts.

And now it's one of our best sellers. Sidenote - at the same time I designed that, I designed the 400C which is polar opposite on the "extreme" scale.

I don't like Strawberry ice cream - not my thing. But if I ran an ice cream parlor I'd be stupid not to sell it - customers buy it, it's a popular flavor.
Agree with you.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment