Wednesday, April 5th 2017

EK Water Blocks Announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Full Coverage Blocks

EK Water Blocks, Slovenia-based premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is releasing EK-FC1080 GTX Ti water blocks that are compatible with multiple NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti based graphics cards. Customers will be able to transform their GPU into a stunningly beautiful single slot graphics card and the block will allow reaching higher boost clocks, thus providing more performance during gaming or other GPU intense tasks.

This water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas, thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under full load and high overclocks. EK-FC1080 GTX Ti water block features a central inlet split-flow cooling engine design for best possible cooling performance, which also works flawlessly with reversed water flow without adversely affecting the cooling performance. Moreover, such design offers great hydraulic performance allowing this product to be used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.
The base of the block is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of a high-quality acrylic material or POM Acetal material (depending on the variant). The top material does not affect the block performance in any way. The acrylic (Plexi) top also features two pre-drilled slots for 3 mm LED diodes.

The block also features a special plastic cover over the block Terminal. This add-on is designed to reveal the graphics card model, visible from the side. EK also encloses a single-slot I/O bracket which replaces the original two-slot in order to make installation of multiple graphics cards easier and also transforms the GPU into a gorgeous single slot solution.

EK-FC1080 GTX Ti water block is compatible with multiple GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards on the market.

These water blocks are made in Slovenia, Europe and are available for pre-order through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network. All pre-orders will start shipping next Wednesday, 12th of April, 2017! In the table below you can see manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) with VAT included.
  • EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel: 119.95€
  • EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Acetal+Nickel: 119.95€
  • EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate - Black: 29.95€
  • EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate - Nickel: 37.95€
Add your own comment

11 Comments on EK Water Blocks Announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Full Coverage Blocks

#1
bogami
I I have GTX1080TI. The only reason for the accessory on top! . When other manufacturers are added to blocks RGB lighting, EK bet on a show of .Will RGB be belowe this extra top ?
Posted on Reply
#2
Air
This simple backplate looks damn fine. Very elegant, specially in single slot.... I wonder why custom GPU makers use those hideous backplates (OT: would it be possible to replace an EVGA backplate with one of those from EK?)
Posted on Reply
#3
Dammeron
So, apart from different inlet/outlet placing, what's the difference between this one and Titan P block (which also fits 1080ti)?

I'll actually go with the latter, cause it looks a bit less restricting thanks to the threads being put in line with the core part.
Posted on Reply
#4
Ubersonic
Ooh it looks like a Swiftech EVGA block (that's good, I loved their designs).
Posted on Reply
#5
erixx
I have some questions that could be the same as other's:
If you order this, what should you exactly order?
- block
- backplate (is the original FE backplate not compatible?)
- leds? (on EK own website they give no instructions about the exact part you need and where to connect it! They offer 3 mm and 5 mm MOLEX leds! what the hell! I thought the LED's should be connected to where the original Geforce LED's are connected, not MOLEX for sure!)
- FAN controlling cable... They offer as "recommened" a cable for connecting fans. And I thought watercooling was to getting rid of fan noise! Is this of any use? Do you still have to "move around" a little air? Apart from the power capacitors section around the CPU I didn't think so...
Any help is appreciated, as there is some "Bermuda Triangle" mistery around the needed parts...
Posted on Reply
#6
theoneandonlymrk
erixx said:
I have some questions that could be the same as other's:
If you order this, what should you exactly order?
- block
- backplate (is the original FE backplate not compatible?)
- leds? (on EK own website they give no instructions about the exact part you need and where to connect it! They offer 3 mm and 5 mm MOLEX leds! what the hell! I thought the LED's should be connected to where the original Geforce LED's are connected, not MOLEX for sure!)
- FAN controlling cable... They offer as "recommened" a cable for connecting fans. And I thought watercooling was to getting rid of fan noise! Is this of any use? Do you still have to "move around" a little air? Apart from the power capacitors section around the CPU I didn't think so...
Any help is appreciated, as there is some "Bermuda Triangle" mistery around the needed parts...
You can use your backplate and you need to buy theirs separately as usual.
That's how led water block lights go I'm afraid , you can buy LEDs on cords elsewhere.
I've never fitted a fan near an EK water block..
Posted on Reply
#7
Totally
theoneandonlymrk said:
You can use your backplate and you need to buy theirs separately as usual.
That's how led water block lights go I'm afraid , you can buy LEDs on cords elsewhere.
I've never fitted a fan near an EK water block..
On the their site it explicitly warns

NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1080 Ti factory backplate is not compatible with this water block!

erixx said:
- FAN controlling cable... They offer as "recommened" a cable for connecting fans. And I thought watercooling was to getting rid of fan noise! Is this of any use? Do you still have to "move around" a little air? Apart from the power capacitors section around the CPU I didn't think so...
Some people have GPU only loops, and radiators need fans to work.
Posted on Reply
#8
MxPhenom 216
Corsair Fanboy
bogami said:
I I have GTX1080TI. The only reason for the accessory on top! . When other manufacturers are added to blocks RGB lighting, EK bet on a show of .Will RGB be belowe this extra top ?
wth did you just say.
Posted on Reply
#9
erixx
I remembered the information found here about the 3mm LEDs. But visiting the EK site it is nowhere mentioned. I read their product page 5 times. I think they were editing this news while I was reading, because later it also said "stock backplate non compatible". I swear that when I read their page nothing was said.

So let's recompile:
- Stock nvidia backplate not compatible (to be seen, and seen if there are tricks to use it)
- Leds holes are 3mm (as per TPU press release), you need/can buy them separately.
- they sell Leds, but with a horrible molex plug. I just wrote them asking for other plugs, preferable to the GPU pcb.
- you need fittings, they have no specific part numbers or help on their page. luckily I already have 2, but others maybe not.

I find the lack of information strange for such a proud company with a nice and well working webshop.

Just checked and they have the manual added : https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109831922.pdf A little section about certain LED cable is again surprisingly unclear, no information about the cable shown...
Posted on Reply
#10
terroralpha
Totally said:
On the their site it explicitly warns

NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1080 Ti factory backplate is not compatible with this water block!



Some people have GPU only loops, and radiators need fans to work.
they said the same about the titan XP block, which also works with the 1080 ti. i'm using the reference backplate on my water cooled 1080 Ti right now.
Posted on Reply
#11
erixx
Don't buy the extra fan cable: it cannot fit under the block.... wake up EK :-(

Factory FE backplate is indeed compatible with this. Just finished mounting it. I recommend adding some of the remaining thermal pads under it.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment