Friday, October 20th 2017

Upcoming Steam Halloween, Black Friday, Winter Sales Dates Leaked

It's been a while since the last Steam sale, which took place during Summer. You may have a backlog with a size as big as the depths of Mariana's Trench, but Steam knows you won't lose out on an opportunity to increase that backlog. The company's plans and surprise announcements for these annual sales, however, have been cut short by some leaks.

Namely, it was originally leaked (and since removed) by Reddit by user DarkMio that the dates for the aforementioned Steam sales are as follows: the Steam Halloween Sale is running from Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November; the Steam Black Friday Sale runs through Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th; and the Steam Winter Sale will run from Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018. These dates have, in the meantime, been independently confirmed by EuroGamer. A bummer for Steam, but this unfortunate event for the company should allow us poor consumers to better plan out our 3D entertainment budgets accordingly.

Sources: User DarkMio @ Reddit, EuroGamer
Add your own comment

29 Comments on Upcoming Steam Halloween, Black Friday, Winter Sales Dates Leaked

#1
dozenfury
I'm definitely in the massive backlog camp, but there are still a few games and DLC I'm watching for sales on so this is good info. I can't remember the last game on Steam that I bought when it wasn't on sale.
Posted on Reply
#2
xkm1948
More game than HDD can store, more game than predicted free time can play.



I need a 12TB HDD to store every freaking thing now.
Posted on Reply
#3
ShurikN
A lot of titles on the wishlist, but only two pique my interest.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood & Black Messa

And maybe RAGE if it's dirt cheap.
Posted on Reply
#4
xkm1948
ShurikN said:
A lot of titles on the wishlist, but only two pique my interest.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood & Black Messa

And maybe RAGE if it's dirt cheap.
RAGE is overrated. Played through once and never looked back.
Posted on Reply
#5
RejZoR
What I liked the most about Rage were visits to all the ruins, sewers, high tech vaults, abandoned buildings and that hospital or that stream in the hills. All the driving around was more of an annoyance than fun.
Posted on Reply
#6
xkm1948
RejZoR said:
What I liked the most about Rage were visits to all the ruins, sewers, high tech vaults, abandoned buildings and that hospital or that stream in the hills. All the driving around was more of an annoyance than fun.
It got repetitive and annoying really fast.

I am getting the cuphead game along with some other indie games. Gotta support the small guys for pumping out better quality games than EA with their micro-transaction AIDS infested AAA games.
Posted on Reply
#8
doxology
Eh, Steam sales are dead. Since they went to the same cookie cutter format every event and releasing all the games on sale at once it has done nothing but go downhill. Pretty much irrelevant if you ask me. 95 percent of the games that go on sale are the same ones every year, not only that they have increased in price, not decreased. And then to top it off there are usually much better sales and prices by watching indiegamebundles, bundlestars, good old games, greenmangaming, and of course keeping your eyes on sites like cag and slickdeals.
Posted on Reply
#10
punani
doxology said:
Eh, Steam sales are dead. Since they went to the same cookie cutter format every event and releasing all the games on sale at once it has done nothing but go downhill. Pretty much irrelevant if you ask me. 95 percent of the games that go on sale are the same ones every year, not only that they have increased in price, not decreased. And then to top it off there are usually much better sales and prices by watching indiegamebundles, bundlestars, good old games, greenmangaming, and of course keeping your eyes on sites like cag and slickdeals.
https://isthereanydeal.com/ is my go to place when looking for discounted games. And then there's that "grey market" place https://www.kinguin.net/.

Sure many games are same old same old, but i think a few never gems might go for cheap like Farming Sim 17, Dark souls 3 and Witcher 3 GOTY.
Posted on Reply
#11
ShurikN
xkm1948 said:
RAGE is overrated. Played through once and never looked back.
Rage isn't considered that good of a game for it to be overrated. Hell, even I don't think highly about it, but that doesn't change the fact I wanna play it.
Posted on Reply
#12
The Quim Reaper
I have over 100 games on Steam and none of them are installed, such is my boredom with gaming in 2017.
Posted on Reply
#13
Tsukiyomi91
< has over 30 Steam games
< Hardly have time to install them or play them
< only plays Warframe.
Posted on Reply
#14
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
RAGE is/was a good game. It was overhyped, sure, but that doesn't make it a bad game.
Posted on Reply
#15
AlienIsGOD
USA members of Steam can grab a steam link for one $ with the purchase of the game Icey. Canada is out of luck, deal, ends today tho.
Posted on Reply
#16
Vayra86
ShurikN said:
A lot of titles on the wishlist, but only two pique my interest.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood & Black Messa

And maybe RAGE if it's dirt cheap.
Rage is a waste of time IMO. The only plus is that its super short, so you can't really lose too much of your life playing it.
Posted on Reply
#17
Manu_PT
Sales on what? Modern AAA games or classics and Indies/early access?... Real sales are what Sony does on their store with new released games costing 20€ to 30€. Steam sales are totally overrated.

I prefer the grey market.
Posted on Reply
#18
rtwjunkie
PC Gaming Enthusiast
Manu_PT said:
Sales on what? Modern AAA games or classics and Indies/early access?... Real sales are what Sony does on their store with new released games costing 20€ to 30€. Steam sales are totally overrated.

I prefer the grey market.
Steam sales are the only times that someone has enough stroke in the industry to get all those publishers and independents to discount their games at the same time.
Posted on Reply
#19
Manu_PT
I know, but on Steam sales SoW, South Park, Evil Within 2, Project Cars 2 and every 2 months old game will still be high priced. While PSN does discounts even on new released games.
Posted on Reply
#20
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
Publishers set the price, not the store. For the most part, they learned their lesson about cutting prices too much, so they don't.
Posted on Reply
#21
TheinsanegamerN
The Quim Reaper said:
I have over 100 games on Steam and none of them are installed, such is my boredom with gaming in 2017.
Agreed. Gaming the last few years has become stuck in the quagmire of financial greed. All the news of newer games and their shenanigans has put me off of buying new almost altogether (I did buy cuphead on GOG this year).

OTOH, my PS2 is getting quite the workout.
Posted on Reply
#22
yotano211
Lately I am playing a lot of free-to-play games but I dont buy anything I just play. Last time I bought anything on steam was last year's summer sale.
Posted on Reply
#23
neatfeatguy
ShurikN said:
Rage isn't considered that good of a game for it to be overrated. Hell, even I don't think highly about it, but that doesn't change the fact I wanna play it.
I wouldn't say Rage was bad by any means, it just wasn't that impressive. If you haven't played Mad Max, that would be a much better game to play over Rage.
Posted on Reply
#24
ShurikN
neatfeatguy said:
I wouldn't say Rage was bad by any means, it just wasn't that impressive. If you haven't played Mad Max, that would be a much better game to play over Rage.
Maybe so, but I got an itch for first person shooters. Mad Max is on my wishlist, but not a priority.
Posted on Reply
#25
TheDeeGee
Like last sale i will buy NOTHING! :)
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment