Thursday, April 12th 2018

Dell Gaming Laptops Are Perfect for Cheating in PUBG

Intel held an event in Beijing last week to launch their new 8th Gen Intel Core mobile processors. As usual, PC and laptop manufacturers flocked to the venue to promote their latest gaming products. This time around, Dell single-handedly stole the spotlight. The company claimed that their gaming laptops were perfect for running multiple 'plugins' in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Ben Mansill from PC Authority was present during Dell's presentation, and this was what he had to say about Sally Zhang, the Account Director and assigned Dell spokesperson:
"She spoke of how Chinese gamers are the most innovative and dominant in the world by using 'plugins' to, for example, run faster than other players, or blow up ten cars at a time, and that these top gamers can really use 8th-Gen power to 'run more plugins to win more at Chicken Dinner', and that the top players run the most 'plugins' so that's where 8th-gen Dell power gives them the gamer's edge. Behind her a video proudly shows various cheats in PUBG in action (they really like the one with the massively oversized gun and show that a lot), with the new Dell gaming laptops shown every few seconds while Sally told us that gamers should buy a Dell because they're better at running many plugins. Wow."
PC PowerPlay, popular Australian PC gaming magazine, reached out to Dell Australia for a statement, and the company replied with the following comment:
"Dell is fully committed to supporting fair play in online gaming. We do not encourage nor endorse any behavior that undermines fair gaming practices. Dell has a strong track record in partnering with gaming teams, aiming at providing world-class gamers with the ultimate experience. In an attempt to communicate the power of the new Dell G Series, inappropriate modification examples were used in Dell's product launch event in China last week. This does not reflect our global gaming culture or strategy. We condemn any modifications misused in gaming."
Sources: PC PowerPlay, PC PowerPlay
Add your own comment

28 Comments on Dell Gaming Laptops Are Perfect for Cheating in PUBG

#1
phanbuey
i seriously don't know why you would even bother wasting your time cheating if you're playing a game.

If anything i want harder games, not easier...
Posted on Reply
#2
natr0n
What an odd story this is.
Posted on Reply
#3
neatfeatguy
That's the main reason I stopped playing PUBG. I haven't played the game in about 6 months now. I'm not sure where the company is with putting a halt to cheating, but the game wasn't fun anymore. You die usually within the first 60 seconds because someone comes speeding by and kills you with a punch or you get shot from 200+ yards out with an ump and die from a single headshot.....people teleporting to you.....

As for the laptop.....I guess it's nice to see new generation hardware in it, but I still wouldn't suggest anyone to get a gaming laptop unless they did a lot of traveling.
Posted on Reply
#4
oxidized
phanbuey said:
i seriously don't know why you would even bother wasting your time cheating if you're playing a game.

If anything i want harder games, not easier...
Either you're a stupid kid or you're plain retarded...Or both. That's why you would.
Posted on Reply
#5
SaltyFish
Market research. Someone has done it. Congrats, Dell.

neatfeatguy said:
That's the main reason I stopped playing PUBG. I haven't played the game in about 6 months now. I'm not sure where the company is with putting a halt to cheating, but the game wasn't fun anymore. You die usually within the first 60 seconds because someone comes speeding by and kills you with a punch or you get shot from 200+ yards out with an ump and die from a single headshot.....people teleporting to you.....

As for the laptop.....I guess it's nice to see new generation hardware in it, but I still wouldn't suggest anyone to get a gaming laptop unless they did a lot of traveling.
As heretical as it may sound on this site, you can always play the XB1 version. No one ever complains about cheats/hacks for such games on consoles. Lack of mod ability provides a more level playing field, no?
Posted on Reply
#6
BadFrog
I hate cheaters in gaming as well. Been dealing with it since playing counter-strike Beta 4 in 1999. But seeing companies promote it especially at an Intel event is just nuts!
Posted on Reply
#7
Gasaraki
LOL. Hey they are just selling to their market.
Posted on Reply
#8
windwhirl
You know, this is hilarious :laugh:
Posted on Reply
#9
HimymCZe
Don't understand today's games...
>create stupid HUD with no information
>ban modding
>somebody come with useful HUD data
>???
>Everybody looses their $H!T?
Posted on Reply
#10
Patriot
Dude you are getting a dell! Wait...dude, only cheaters buy dells, we can't be friends anymore.
Posted on Reply
#11
SomeOne99h
This is cringey and idiotic. Doing a presentation for that? Really??!
Posted on Reply
#12
FreedomEclipse
~Technological Technocrat~
phanbuey said:
i seriously don't know why you would even bother wasting your time cheating if you're playing a game.

If anything i want harder games, not easier...
To put it bluntly, with pubg its a business. The more chicken dinners they get. The more loot crates with higher value of virtual goods they get which then can be sold for thousands of dollars.

If they get banned, it doesn't matter. A new pubg key costs them very little and the publisher still gets paid regardless. That's why bluehole has been been so hands off and hesitant about completely banning China
Posted on Reply
#13
TheGuruStud
Chinese gamers are terrible. That's exactly why they use cheats in every game. Have you seen them play without? Lololol. No aim skill, no coordination, and incredibly naive...or stupid.

This is crooked as hell advertising, but they absolutely know that market.
Posted on Reply
#14
Mescalamba
Once, Russia was best at this.. guess its not true anymore. What a time to be alive..
Posted on Reply
#15
TheGuruStud
Mescalamba said:
Once, Russia was best at this.. guess its not true anymore. What a time to be alive..
They're good at fps. I've played on some servers with them...got rekt even in a group.
Posted on Reply
#16
Fluffmeister
Pretty sure Russia are still great at cheating, and killing, and lying.
Posted on Reply
#17
TheGuruStud
Fluffmeister said:
Pretty sure Russia are still great at cheating, and killing, and lying.
Small fraction compared to the Chinese. Virtually every player with a Chinese name cheats in Rust. If they aren't, then someone in their ridiculously sized clan is.
Posted on Reply
#18
Fluffmeister
TheGuruStud said:
Small fraction compared to the Chinese. Virtually every player with a Chinese name cheats in Rust. If they aren't, then someone in their ridiculously sized clan is.
That is fair enough, I guess I went too real world politics where Russia are confirmed as massive dickheads.
Posted on Reply
#19
TheGuruStud
Fluffmeister said:
That is fair enough, I guess I went too real world politics where Russia are confirmed as massive dickheads.
You're severely underestimating what the US has done for 100 years and continues to do every day. Putin wishes he could overthrow as many govts and sell as many arms to every side possible. Hell, CIA continues to directly arm the terrorist flavor of the year to keep the wars going. Russia isn't a threat at all. The largest threat is always domestic.
Posted on Reply
#20
Fluffmeister
TheGuruStud said:
You're severely underestimating what the US has done for 100 years and continues to do every day. Putin wishes he could overthrow as many govts and sell as many arms to every side possible. Hell, CIA continues to directly arm the terrorist flavor of the year to keep the wars going. Russia isn't a threat at all. The largest threat is always domestic.
I'm underestimating nothing, the US are massive dickheads too, Trump is in power after all.
Posted on Reply
#21
lexluthermiester
phanbuey said:
If anything i want harder games, not easier...
Why? Games are meant to be fun and an escape, not a torturous grind..

Fluffmeister said:
Pretty sure Russia are still great at cheating, and killing, and lying.
That is true of any nation with a government. The Russia bashing is not cool and is getting really old..
Posted on Reply
#22
phanbuey
lexluthermiester said:
Why? Games are meant to be fun and an escape, not a torturous grind..
more challenging <> grindy

It forces you to think... solving something difficult / doing something great / killing a hard earned enemy in a game is the greatest feeling.... getting it handed to you? or getting it because everyone else is gimped? if it's guaranteed it is pointless --- it's like that futurama spoof of the twilight zone, where the gambler is stuck a casino in which he always wins...




why would you do this to yourself lol?
Posted on Reply
#23
Vayra86
Mescalamba said:
Once, Russia was best at this.. guess its not true anymore. What a time to be alive..
Russians are genuinely good at gaming. Its really strange but you can definitely spot differences per country, bar exceptions. Another thing Russians do very well is teamplay and finding the most efficient 'farm'. Its not even just FPS... I really do NOT mind getting matched with Russians. They've also learned its beneficial to speak English and not Cyrillic by now. Real progress, great gaming with them.

Don't get me started on the French... they don't cheat per se, but many of the worst attitudes in gaming originate here. If you win from them.... prepare for a shitstorm 'putain' :D And its likely you will win because for some reason a vast majority really isn't good at gaming.

The Chinese.. I try to avoid - zero communicative ability, and they literally are constantly looking for shortcuts. Cheating just being one of them, but anything goes. If they have to raid your in game item stash they will if they can.
Posted on Reply
#24
rblc
Vayra86 said:
Russians are genuinely good at gaming. Its really strange but you can definitely spot differences per country, bar exceptions. Another thing Russians do very well is teamplay and finding the most efficient 'farm'. Its not even just FPS... I really do NOT mind getting matched with Russians. They've also learned its beneficial to speak English and not Cyrillic by now. Real progress, great gaming with them.
Yes, I have the same experience. I started play RU servers 3 years ago because in many games it is next level.
Posted on Reply
#25
Mescalamba
Was back in the past, era of BF3 and BF4. That got invasion of RU cheaters. There was some minority of German angry cheating kids and few Polish guys, but majority of cheaters was from RU. They must had grudge against BF or something..

As for today, play HOTS (dead MOBA) if you want to see RU players. :D If there is some supertoxic individual.. he is from RU. Its not like there are no nice ppl or no good players from RU (there are, had few as friends), just that bad part really taints their image there.. cause that bad part is really visible, really toxic and very vocal..
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment