Tuesday, October 2nd 2018

SilverStone Intros NightJar NJ600 Fanless PSU

SilverStone today introduced the NightJar NJ600, a 600-Watt fanless power-supply. Built in an airy body with silver finish, the NJ600 boasts of 80 Plus Titanium efficiency, and fully modular cabling. Despite having mid-range output capacity, this premium fanless PSU has an impressive set of cabling, which includes 24-pin ATX, HEDT-friendly two 4+4 pin EPS, four 6+2 pin PCIe power, and six SATA power, besides a few Molex and Berg connectors. Under the hood of the NightJar NJ600, you get a single +12V rail design, which puts out 600W continuous, 100W +3.3V and +5V rails that are independent of the +12V; active PFC, and most common electrical protections against over/under-voltage, overload, overheat, and short-circuit. The company didn't reveal pricing, but we expect it to command a premium for its silent operation and high efficiency.
Add your own comment

7 Comments on SilverStone Intros NightJar NJ600 Fanless PSU

#1
Th3pwn3r
Personally I would only use this in a top mounted configuration.
Posted on Reply
#2
Protagonist
This PSU looks exactly like the one Seasonic released a while back, or its made by Seasonic for Silverstone? I have the Seasonic one a very nice PSU.

Check out the Seasonic photos
Seasonic Prime 600 Titanium SSR-600TL 600W 80+ Titanium ATX12V & EPS12V Fanless Super Quiet 12 Year Warranty Power Supply

Posted on Reply
#3
E-curbi
Looks like Seasonic is OEMing to Silverstone. The silver/gray is cool if that color blends better with your build. Although this Silverstone unit looks a bit unfinished for some reason, almost like bare metal, like a server PSU.

I have the Seasonic 600watt Titanium fanless also, in standard black with a 12-year warranty, absolutely love it, zero coil whine - no auditory output whatsoever.

And the heat produced (what little there is at titanium efficiency) simply rises up and out (radiates) into the office space, no airflow, no fan needed.

I only wish Seasonic would produce a white Snow Silent Titanium Fanless (with all those ventilation holes) for white accent builds. Maybe next year. :)

Here's my PSU:

. . . with the Supermicro 8-bay 2.5inch SSD/HDD mobile rack and Aquaero 6 LT mounted with Industrial low-profile Velcro.

I really need to grab some custom cables from MOD-ONE, those stock Seasonic cables, kinda plain. :ohwell:
Posted on Reply
#4
Renald
600W platinum + fanless, we can expect at least 120€
Posted on Reply
#5
Solid State Soul ( SSS )
Protagonist said:
This PSU looks exactly like the one Seasonic released a while back, or its made by Seasonic for Silverstone? I have the Seasonic one a very nice PSU.

Check out the Seasonic photos
Seasonic Prime 600 Titanium SSR-600TL 600W 80+ Titanium ATX12V & EPS12V Fanless Super Quiet 12 Year Warranty Power Supply


The internal layout is identical so its very likely being made by seasonic then rebraned, distributed by silverstone

Are these fanless power supplies reliable ?

cause the idea of a fan less power supply plague me with doubts
Posted on Reply
#6
E-curbi
Solid State Soul ( SSS ) said:
The internal layout is identical so its very likely being made by seasonic then rebraned, distributed by silverstone

Are these fanless power supplies reliable ?

cause the idea of a fan less power supply plague me with doubts
12-year warranty, I guess even if you burn it up. :p

I've had 2 Corsair PSUs AX850 gold and AX860 platinum both made by Seasonic with the Hybrid Fan zero decibel to ~30% or 60% load, then a Seasonic Snow Silent 750w platinum in the eggshell white. Currently running a Seasonic Prime Titanium 850watt and a Seasonic Prime Titanium 600watt fanless (2 home office computers).

Never had a single hiccup with any of the above Seasonic PSUs since, must have been 2010 for the Corsair/Seasonic AX850 gold.

Sorry for getting off-track. For the Seasonic Fanless 600watt the experts at PCPerspective are saying you do not need any airflow in/out of this Titanium design if you are running it at around 50% load 300watts most of the time, with short bursts of higher load. They also said if you're running it at or near 80% to 100% load for extended periods, then you should mount a fan to create an airflow into the PSU's perforated chassis. At least that's what I read.

For my use case, I've got the Seasonic 600watt fanless mounted in an open frame CaseLabs Mercury S8 open test bench, so no side or top panels and I probably run all day long while working at 10% to 20% load with quick bursts of 5.5Ghz or 5.6Ghz on the 8086K maybe 5-10minutes doing some number crunching, that might move to 25% load.

Long hours of gaming with 2GPUs in a closed case with no airflow? Yikes! :D

I have the 850watt Prime Titanium (with a fan) for my everything-but-work gaming computer. 2 computers totally rocks! :peace:
Posted on Reply
#7
Solid State Soul ( SSS )
E-curbi said:
12-year warranty, I guess even if you burn it up. :p

I've had 2 Corsair PSUs AX850 gold and AX860 platinum both made by Seasonic with the Hybrid Fan zero decibel to ~30% or 60% load, then a Seasonic Snow Silent 750w platinum in the eggshell white. Currently running a Seasonic Prime Titanium 850watt and a Seasonic Prime Titanium 600watt fanless (2 home office computers).

Never had a single hiccup with any of the above Seasonic PSUs since, must have been 2010 for the Corsair/Seasonic AX850 gold.

Sorry for getting off-track. For the Seasonic Fanless 600watt the experts at PCPerspective are saying you do not need any airflow in/out of this Titanium design if you are running it at around 50% load 300watts most of the time, with short bursts of higher load. They also said if you're running it at or near 80% to 100% load for extended periods, then you should mount a fan to create an airflow into the PSU's perforated chassis. At least that's what I read.

For my use case, I've got the Seasonic 600watt fanless mounted in an open frame CaseLabs Mercury S8 open test bench, so no side or top panels and I probably run all day long while working at 10% to 20% load with quick bursts of 5.5Ghz or 5.6Ghz on the 8086K maybe 5-10minutes doing some number crunching, that might move to 25% load.

Long hours of gaming with 2GPUs in a closed case with no airflow? Yikes! :D

I have the 850watt Prime Titanium (with a fan) for my everything-but-work gaming computer. 2 computers totally rocks! :peace:
Thanks for your detailed in depth response, really appreciated. cheers :)
Posted on Reply