Friday, May 2nd 2008

Thermaltake MaxOrb Ex CPU Cooler Unveiled

Extending the previous well designed enthusiast cooler MaxOrb, Thermaltake today launched the MaxOrb EX (P/N:CL-P0467). Designed "from the idea of Chinese temple of heaven" the MaxOrb EX has all copper structure that includes six copper heatpipes, copper fins, and a copper base. Above the cooler there's a blue 120mm LED fan with VR fan control function for manual fan speed adjustment from 1300 to 2000 rpm. Noise levels range from 16 to 24 dBA at the highest speed. The 580g cooler is compatible with all Intel (Socket LGA 775) and AMD (Socket AM2,AM2+,939,754) sockets.

Source: Thermaltake
Add your own comment

17 Comments on Thermaltake MaxOrb Ex CPU Cooler Unveiled

#1
trt740
that going to be a very good cooler

malware said:
Extending the previous well designed enthusiast cooler MaxOrb, Thermaltake today launched the MaxOrb EX (P/N:CL-P0467). Designed "from the idea of Chinese temple of heaven" the MaxOrb EX has all copper structure that includes six copper heatpipes, copper fins, and a copper base. Above the cooler there's a blue 120mm LED fan with VR fan control function for manual fan speed adjustment from 1300 to 2000 rpm. Noise levels range from 16 to 24 dBA at the highest speed. The 580g cooler is compatible with all Intel (Socket LGA 775) and AMD (Socket AM2,AM2+,939,754) sockets.



Source: Thermaltake
I think
Posted on Reply
#2
jbunch07
wow, that thing has lots of heatpipes ...looks like the maxorb on roids...should be a nice one.
Posted on Reply
#3
tkpenalty
Can't they learn...that more heatpipes/fins wont really help these days? I want to see 8mm gauge heatpipes/HDT on more coolers -_-...
Posted on Reply
#4
jbunch07
tkpenalty said:
Can't they learn...that more heatpipes/fins wont really help these days? I want to see 8mm gauge heatpipes/HDT on more coolers -_-...
i thought hdt was only XIGMATEK thing?
Posted on Reply
#5
Nitro-Max
looks nice but i prefere the arctic cooler style design so it blows warm air out the back fans and out of the case
Posted on Reply
#6
lemonadesoda
There are "only 3" heatpipes, albeit, bent so that both ends touch the main CPU contact. But the most ehat will come from the centre... and those heatpipes need the BEST cooling... but they get the worst. to the centre of the fan. There is hardly ANY airflow there... and there are no fins. Whereas the heatpipes from the EDGE of the CPU get the most fins and to where there is the most aitflow... at the edges of the fan.

>>> Built wrong way round! LOL
Posted on Reply
#7
Megasty
Thats nice & all but if it mounts the same way then its just as useless as the first one. I only use aircoolers during the cooler months & the XIGMATEK designs are the kings now. The MaxOrb was completely useless for OCing as well. Atleast it looks nice :p
Posted on Reply
#8
D4S4
Looks badass. Wait for reviews.
Posted on Reply
#9
magibeg
Heres the thing I've noticed though, like with my ultra 120 the top of the cooler is always fairly chilly. I wouldn't mind an ultra 120 with copper heatpipes that contact the cpu. Now THAT would be a good cooler ;)
Posted on Reply
#10
overclocker!
looks good but I will stick with my Phase change unit:p
Posted on Reply
#11
mab1376
It's a toss-up between this and OCZ Vendetta2 and this for me. my CNPS9500 isn't cutting it anymore, i want something better.
Posted on Reply
#12
magibeg
mab1376 said:
It's a toss-up between this and OCZ Vendetta2 and this for me. my CNPS9500 isn't cutting it anymore, i want something better.
Why don't you go with that fancy xigmatek cooler thats been the latest crazy. Or the older ultra 120. Tried and true ;)
Posted on Reply
#13
CrAsHnBuRnXp
Id love to get my hands on this.

The last time I was messing with my computer and had to take the HSF off, I went to latch it back down with the push pins and one of them broke. I really hate Intel's push pin design. And the way my motherboard was created, the NB HSF is in the way so my TT V1 cant blow air out the back of the case like it used to. Instead I have it blowing air up into the PSU.

Id love to see what this cooler does in comparison to the V1 and the original MaxOrb.
Posted on Reply
#14
Wile E
Power User
magibeg said:
Why don't you go with that fancy xigmatek cooler thats been the latest crazy. Or the older ultra 120. Tried and true ;)
Vendetta2 is the fancy Xigmatech cooler, with stylized fins and rebadged.
Posted on Reply
#15
vojc
....ok.....i bought max orb to my friend s C2D 6750 and OCit to 3850MHz stable, the only limit is too hot chipset and FSB at 485mhz.
the core temp are 50-55 C
Posted on Reply
#16
spearman914
Could have bought this if it was aluminum or steel. Copper doesn't fit my case theme.
Posted on Reply
#17
rhythmeister
mab1376 said:
It's a toss-up between this and OCZ Vendetta2 and this for me. my CNPS9500 isn't cutting it anymore, i want something better.
The CNPS8700 rocks like a bitch :rockout:
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment