Saturday, August 2nd 2008

ZOTAC Watercools GeForce 9800 GTX+ , Names it ZONE Edition

ZOTAC International, an award-winning NVIDIA AIC, today unleashes the latest edition to its ZONE Edition line of quiet graphics cards – the ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition. The new ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition delivers the power of NVIDIA GeForce 9 series graphics power, PhysX technology and PureVideo HD video processing technology into a virtually silent graphics card. The ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition is quieted by a custom water-cooling system and able to deliver phenomenal visuals and frame rate in DirectX 10 and OpenGL 2.1 titles while maintaining low thermal and noise levels.

Unlike conventional water-cooling units, the ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition features a self-contained water-cooling system that requires no end-user maintenance. The self-contained unit comes already attached to the graphics card and only requires the user to mount the 120mm fan and radiator module.

“Many users seek to quiet their systems. Previously, our ZONE Edition models were limited to our ZOTAC GeForce 8-series, with the new ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition, we’re able to deliver NVIDIA GeForce 9 graphics technology to quiet computing users,” said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC International (MCO) Ltd. “And because the water-cooling unit is self-contained, customers can have the high performance and quiet operation of water-cooling without the hassles of regular maintenance or installation, which often voids the factory graphics card warranty.”

The ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX ZONE Edition comes backed by the standard ZOTAC graphics card warranty to ensure users that the ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX ZONE Edition and its water cooler are guaranteed for long-term use.

Harnessing the power of NVIDIA’s GeForce 9800 GTX+ GPU, the ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition delivers compatibility with NVIDIA PhysX technology for immersive gaming that blurs the line between reality and gaming. With NVIDIA PhysX technology, the ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition delivers realistic weather, explosion effects and environmental interaction previously thought impossible.

Enjoy high-performance and quiet computing from a single graphics card with the ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition.

General details
  • New ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GTX+ ZONE Edition
  • ZOTAC Water-cooling system
  • High-performance, quiet computing
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
  • 512MB of GDDR3 memory
  • 128 processor cores
  • 3-way SLI ready
  • HybridPower compatible
  • NVIDIA PhysX ready
  • NVIDIA CUDA ready
  • PCI Express 2.0 interface (Compatible with 1.1)
  • DirectX 10 with Shader Model 4.0 compatible
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible
  • PureVideo HD technology with hardware decoding of high-definition video formats
  • Dual dual-link DVI – up to 2560x1600
Source: ZOTAC
Add your own comment

73 Comments on ZOTAC Watercools GeForce 9800 GTX+ , Names it ZONE Edition

#1
TheGuruStud
robspierre6 said:
Realy,and what's wrong with the 3800 series 3800 series?
The 4870 competes directly with the 280gtx.
yet not talking about nvidia's cheap quality.
:laugh:
Posted on Reply
#2
robspierre6
TheGuruStud said:
4850 can only win a couple times by a few fps when the res is 1900x1200 and aa and af is cranked up and a couple times with no aa or af. Both 9800s hold their ground.
WOW,where do you get your numbers from?
Posted on Reply
#3
TheGuruStud
robspierre6 said:
WOW,where do you get your numbers from?
We're all done talking to a troll/delusional person. Bye.
Posted on Reply
#4
robspierre6
TheGuruStud said:
We're all done talking to a troll/delusional person. Bye.
Listen guru,you get different numbers from different sites.
i consider: guru3d,legitreview,tweaktown,newseeker,xtremesystems,bjorn3d.... unreliable sites.
I get my reviews from techreport and tomshardware.
You are a nvidia fanboi.you keep posting your comments supporting nvidia in every single thread.
I don't give a shit about what you think or what you consider right.
When you talk with someone,don't talk like an angry dog.post your opinion and support it with clean facts,if you can.
Posted on Reply
#5
spy2520
newtekie1 said:
What reviews are these? All the ones I have seen put the two about neck and neck at stock. With the 9800GTX+ running cooler and overclocking better.

Can you show me some reviews otherwise?

The latest review done on this very site puts the 9800GTX(no +) within 2% of the HD4850 overall.
there is a review on anandtech that shows the two cards going back and forth, each card winning half, but with the 4850 winning by more than 2% on average (more than 10 fps on some games). And having lower power consumption. So i stand corrected, there is atleast one review i know of that shows a clear advantage going to AMD while showing that the cards are still very comparable.
Posted on Reply
#6
thoughtdisorder
PrudentPrincess said:
Yeah, it's the same as the Fatal1ty series of products. "Tested by a 30-something year old with nothing better to do with his life than pretend he knows about computer hardware" :laugh:
Dead on Prudent! :toast:
Posted on Reply
#7
robspierre6
thoughtdisorder said:
Rob, first of all, welcome to TPU. Second of all, IMO and my Opinion only (not speaking for the site), while one is certainly entitled to their opinions here (and encouraged), there are certain things not advisable right from the start:

1) Never get into a pissing contest with the mods (especially Dan). You WILL lose. (Love you Dan!);)

2) Never question W1zzard OR the Tattyone. They are not only Godlike and respected, but should never be questioned openly. Period.

3) Be a member of TPU long enough to earn some respect and prove yourself before attacking the "knowledgeable ones" in an open setting IF EVER. PM's are the way to question folks without ruffling feathers. With that said, again, I personally would like to extend again a most sincere welcome to TPU.
Disorder,firstly-don't talk like a dog when you can talk like a gentle person.
seconfly-i don't give a shit about who you or that guru is.
thirdly,i don't consider it a fight as you do.Its an argument.the one who "wins" is the one who can support his opinion with straight clean facts.
From different sites you get different reviews and numbers.
I have the 4870 and i know how it performs, cuz i do also have a 8800gt.
BTW,nobody asked any help from you.why do you appear and respond on behalf of the "knowledgeable" ones.
Posted on Reply
#8
Mussels
Moderprator
robspierre6 said:
Disorder,firstly-don't talk like a dog when you can talk like a gentle person.
seconfly-i don't give a shit about who you or that guru is.
thirdly,i don't consider it a fight as you do.Its an argument.the one who "wins" is the one who can support his opinion with straight clean facts.
From different sites you get different reviews and numbers.
I have the 4870 and i know how it performs, cuz i do also have a 8800gt.
BTW,nobody asked any help from you.why do you appear and respond on befalf of the "knowledgeable" ones.
i'm not sure where this started, but i'll say two things

1. never go to a place where you are new, and argue with the top dogs. they will just ban you.

2. flaming is not tolerated here - NEITHER of you should degenerate into ARGUING. he who yells loudest, is often the most ignorant.

an educated person who knows the truth can get it out in one post, if they sit there re-iterating the same thing over and over against all other evidence, they're not 'winning' they're being a fool.
Posted on Reply
#9
Valdez
Tatty_One said:
Just for the record and the sake of accuracy (as opposed to fanboi...ism).....the 9800GTX+ is also actually a die shrink from 65nm to 55nm firstly, secondly it runs considerably cooler than the 4850, thirdly is tends to overclock a little better, ohhhh and fourthly it beats the 4850 in most benches, certainly at the most popular resolutions :p.....however, IMO the 4850 is def the better bang for buck and unless someone already has an SLi board and will be looking to SLi in the future.....the 4850 is the only way to go!

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/731/1/
However it's louder and consuming more than 4850. Ohh, and it's obsolote.
Posted on Reply
#10
TheGuruStud
Valdez said:
However it's louder and consuming more than 4850. Ohh, and it's obsolote.
O and E aren't close together on the keyboard.....

and how is it "obsolote"? You fail, again.
Posted on Reply
#11
Valdez
TheGuruStud said:
O and E aren't close together on the keyboard.....

and how is it "obsolote"? You fail, again.
I don't fail, you fail, always.

No dx10.1, no tesselation.
Posted on Reply
#12
TheGuruStud
Valdez said:
I don't fail, you fail, always.

No dx10.1, no tesselation.
dx 10.1 bwahahahaha and :laugh: at dx 10 in general

When there's something useful, let me know. Tessellation has two Ls and won't be important for a little while, I feel. Just like "OMGZ it haz dx10.1 that runs slower and looks the same as 9 OMGZ it's teh awesome". Get off M$'s cock.
Posted on Reply
#13
Valdez
TheGuruStud said:
dx 10.1 bwahahahaha and :laugh: at dx 10 in general

When there's something useful, let me know. Tessellation has two Ls and won't be important for a little while, I feel. Just like "OMGZ it haz dx10.1 that runs slower and looks the same as 9 OMGZ it's teh awesome". Get off M$'s cock.
Dx11 requires tessellation, so i don't think it's an unimportant feature.
Buy your outdated nv hardware and troll elsewhere you fucking nvidiot.
Posted on Reply
#14
Tatty_One
Senior Moderator
Valdez said:
However it's louder and consuming more than 4850. Ohh, and it's obsolote.
I agree totally which is why I said in my opinion the 4850 is the only way to go, I was meerly pointing out some facts that I felt were omitted from what seemed a slightly biased post, not biased because I thought it was fanboism but I beleive strongly that if we choose not to take any particular sides in a discussion then we should attempt to point out all the strengths as well as all the weaknesses.

TBH, personally I dont know whats with this 9800GTX+ cr*p, without the + the card 4 months ago was meerly a finer tune of an existing stop gap (albeit fairly decent) lineup, with the + 4 months on, apart from the die shrink and increased clocks it makes the green corner seem "patchy" in their marketing approach, thing is, in the UK, they are not much cheaper than the GTX260, if the + was around 40% cheaper it may have a niche but I agree with you......as it stands, IMO it is obselete.

Not sure what this godlike stuff is!........anyone in these forums is allowed to disagree and state their opinions.....thats encouraged and healthy, it's when it becomes a little too personal (such as the couple of posts above this one) it becomes un-healthy.......I dont think Rob was attacking anyone, certainly not origionally and we should encourage our newer members to have opinions and state them, whilst doing so in a "friendly" envoirnment and manner that is TPU!
Posted on Reply
#15
TheGuruStud
Valdez said:
Dx11 requires tessellation, so i don't think it's an unimportant feature.
Buy your outdated nv hardware and troll elsewhere you fucking nvidiot.
Get off your crashing ATI 9800 series card and you can buy my "outdated" card. Facts are facts. Dx 10 is a joke (I didn't say anything about 11, but opengl always wins anyway :))
When dx11 comes out and games use it, do you think you or I are going to be using a current gen Nvidia or ATI card? You guys love to get :nutkick:
Posted on Reply
#16
Valdez
TheGuruStud said:
Get off your crashing ATI 9800 series card and you can buy my "outdated" card. Facts are facts. Dx 10 is a joke (I didn't say anything about 11, but opengl always wins anyway :))
When dx11 comes out and games use it, do you think you or I are going to be using a current gen Nvidia or ATI card? You guys love to get :nutkick:
Dx10 is not a joke, developers don't utilize it's capabilities because of consoles and lot of crap dx10 nv hardware on the market (the gtx200 series is much better in dx10 than g80/g92).
Thanks, i don't want a nvidia card again, i'm fine with my hd3870 and next time i will buy an ati card again.
Posted on Reply
#17
tkpenalty
threadlock plz?

WAAAAYYYYY Too much BS from both Nvidiots and AMDTIdiots. Take the arguement elsewhere. Where the hell are the mods to keep things in check...?
Posted on Reply
#18
robspierre6
Great.

Legitreview?
I don't get any of my review from them.simply because they post some strange numbers.
Does anybody here get his review from techreport-tomshardware-anandtech?
From different sites you get different review.
somebody tell me, where from to get reliable reviews.
Posted on Reply
#19
dalekdukesboy
well now...

ok, I admit to taking the blame for this thread degenerating into pure anger and I would have to think unacceptable swearing and dropping the f bomb even in some threads (that must be against the rules no?) Plus it's just childish and is the absolute antithesis of civil discourse. Sorry that may sound pompous in its' phrasing for a tech thread but it's the best way I can put it, BUT again I do apologize for admittedly shooting back from the hip at this robspierre dude but I just feel he took the first shot and was way out of line, I simply think people are seriously underestimating the whole g92 core and at the same time putting down the 280 as well as this argument dragged on! So to me that says they simply have a disdain for nvidia it's not even about the 9800gtx+ watercooled edition anymore...and that=ati fanboi'ism in my opinion...

if you think the gtx+ sucks fine say it but if it sucks so bad why do we need all these people putting all this effort and "facts" and plain anger in their posts to prove it...if the card is that bad or even just mediocre and the ati is superior, you could calmly state that in a few sentences and be done with it no? The card's performance would speak for itself...
Posted on Reply
#20
robspierre6
dalekdukesboy said:
ok, I admit to taking the blame for this thread degenerating into pure anger and I would have to think unacceptable swearing and dropping the f bomb even in some threads (that must be against the rules no?) Plus it's just childish and is the absolute antithesis of civil discourse. Sorry that may sound pompous in its' phrasing for a tech thread but it's the best way I can put it, BUT again I do apologize for admittedly shooting back from the hip at this robspierre dude but I just feel he took the first shot and was way out of line, I simply think people are seriously underestimating the whole g92 core and at the same time putting down the 280 as well as this argument dragged on! So to me that says they simply have a disdain for nvidia it's not even about the 9800gtx+ watercooled edition anymore...and that=ati fanboi'ism in my opinion...

if you think the gtx+ sucks fine say it but if it sucks so bad why do we need all these people putting all this effort and "facts" and plain anger in their posts to prove it...if the card is that bad or even just mediocre and the ati is superior, you could calmly state that in a few sentences and be done with it no? The card's performance would speak for itself...
I didn't say that the card is bad.The card is a great card for the price.I just mntioned the 4850 which at techreport/tomshardware/anandtech, beats the 9800gtx/gtx+ in every single game,even in nvidia's crysis and costs less money.
It was you who attacked me with your angry words.And calling someone a fanboi because he supports ATI is not a good way to discuss things.You are the fanboi here.
Have you even tried to check a different site?
calling people nuts and BS is what you did,didn't you?
Lets keep it unbiased and enjoy the discussion.
i think that we need a reliable site to get our numbers and infos from.
Any suggestion is strongly appreciated.
Posted on Reply
#21
TheGuruStud
robspierre6 said:
I didn't say that the card is bad.The card is a great card for the price.I just mntioned the 4850 which at techreport/tomshardware/anandtech, beats the 9800gtx/gtx+ in every single game,even in nvidia's crysis and costs less money.
It was you who attacked me with your angry words.And calling someone a fanboi because he supports ATI is not a good way to discuss things.You are the fanboi here.
Have you even tried to check a different site?
calling people nuts and BS is what you did,didn't you?
Lets keep it unbiased and enjoy the discussion.
i think that we need a reliable site to get our numbers and infos from.
Any suggestion is strongly appreciated.
wins in crysis? :wtf:

I want some of what you're smoking.
Posted on Reply
#22
robspierre6
TheGuruStud said:
wins in crysis? :wtf:

I want some of what you're smoking.
It seems that we have some thick headed nvidiots in this forum.
Posted on Reply
#23
robspierre6
TheGuruStud said:
Get off your crashing ATI 9800 series card and you can buy my "outdated" card. Facts are facts. Dx 10 is a joke (I didn't say anything about 11, but opengl always wins anyway :))
When dx11 comes out and games use it, do you think you or I are going to be using a current gen Nvidia or ATI card? You guys love to get :nutkick:
DX10 was meant to be DX10.1.with a single path for aa processing ,overall increase in performance by improving the effeciency of the gpu "by using more of the available processing power" about 30% improve in performance with aa enabled over DX10 and tessellation.
so,you think DX10.1 is an unmportant feature huh?
Where do you get your infos from?
Posted on Reply
#24
Tatty_One
Senior Moderator
robspierre6 said:
Legitreview? I would call it nvidiaview.
Check at techreport/tomshardware then tell me what do you think.
It's easy to find some reviews that suit your/mine/anybody's argument.....so if you call Legit NVidiaview then I suppose you would call the ones you linked what? Here is one from BJorn3d....kinda says the same as Legit........

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1297&pageID=5020

As I said, reviews use different settings, different CPU's at different speeds and as importantly....different resolutions so you will always get some that say different, point is, the GTX+ does beat the 4850 in most things....not all, and not by all reviewers, it just depends what CPU and screen res you are running it at I suppose.
Posted on Reply
#25
robspierre6
Tatty_One said:
It's easy to find some reviews that suit your/mine/anybody's argument.....so if you call Legit NVidiaview then I suppose you would call the ones you linked what? Here is one from BJorn3d....kinda says the same as Legit........

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1297&pageID=5020

As I said, reviews use different settings, different CPU's at different speeds and as importantly....different resolutions so you will always get some that say different, point is, the GTX+ does beat the 4850 in most things....not all, and not by all reviewers, it just depends what CPU and screen res you are running it at I suppose.
Bjorn3d.com ?
why not tomshardware or techreport.where the 4850 is 5% slower than the 260gtx and the 4870 beats the 280gtx in 5 out of 7 games?
nvidia is a well know cheater.their propaganda is cheap and disgusting.they pay sites to destroy AMD's cards.I have the 4870 and it's twice as fast as my 8800gt.
i trust sites with reasonable numbers and well known reputation.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment