• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD's Graphics going under?

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
In my humble opinion, the thing that is hurting AMD the most if their lack of any consumer based marketing.
The average Joe does not know who they are, or what they make.

also there was that thing with Intel and PC makers to not include AMD chips in computers or very little. You still don't see enough AMD chips about especially with Windows 8

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI Gaming M7 AC
Cooling AlphaCool Eisbaer 360
Memory G. Skill Trident X DDR4 8GBx2 (16 GB) 4266mhz dimms
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Twin Frozr GTX 1080 Ti
Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Samsung 28 inch 4k Freesync monitor
Case ThermalTake V71 Full tower gaming case
Power Supply Corsair 1200 watt HX Platinum PSU
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Das tactile mechanical gaming keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
and intel paid up for it once, if i am not mistaken.

The problem is according to the Sherman Anti-trust Act they should have paid TRIPLE damages. They never even paid the full damages let alone triple damages done to AMD in lost revenue. That is the proof there is no such thing that these capitalist pundits called the "free market". It is rigged and has been rigged in almost every industry since the days of the Standard Oil Trust. The basic law of capitalism is that the capitalist must maximize their profits. If that takes bribery, gouging the consumer, and even murder that is all part of the game. Every day 80 workers die on the job due to industrial accidents. in the US. Worldwide that number would be 8 times that number. look at the hundreds if not thousands that perish in fires every year in Pakistan and Bangladesh, where they are locked inside their factories.
Point made subject closed.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
also there was that thing with Intel and PC makers to not include AMD chips in computers or very little. You still don't see enough AMD chips about especially with Windows 8

If I am not mistaken Intel lost the lawsuit that AMD brought against them for this very thing and yet once they did win they dropped the ball. I think AMD should have focused on there CPU department and should have NEVER bought out ATI. We all knew some thing like this was going to happen when AMD did this it just took longer is all. Now AMD could turn this around with some real marketing or even selling off ATI.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Now AMD could turn this around with some real marketing or even selling off ATI.

One of the points of acquiring ATi was getting the Radeon developers and licenses so they could do the APUs. Most users (in general) won't need something stronger than an APU, like a 5800k so I think AMD has been focusing on the right things. Their marketing strategy sucks though. There are still a lot of Intel-only vendors out there and it sucks for AMD.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
In my humble opinion, the thing that is hurting AMD the most if their lack of any consumer based marketing.
The average Joe does not know who they are, or what they make.
Agreed. This is why everybody heard of Intel. Remember "INTEL INSIDE". This strategy helped convince consumers that oh, this must be good its an Intel. Though we are talking about people that think your PC case is called a harddrive, and don't know jack about components.
I agree. But this is because they are focused on over clocking records not real performance and REAL marketing. You can not have a product and not advertise it! It is just not going to do well. They needed to step up there adds and have FAILED miserably at it! Intel is always in some computer commercial! No one knows because they do not tell any one about there product!
Being a house hold name is getting your product on the Idiot box that MILLIONS watch EVERY DAY!
Agreed. It's nice for individuals to OC and brag about it, but AMD's marketing department need to put more trust in there hardware and stop this nonsense OC'ing marketing strategy that ultimately voids warranty anyway.

1st generation Bulldozer may have not been what we all expected. But it still runs and does anything I throw at it. As generations mature, this will get better, until then stay away from Bloody OC'ing and concentrate on the CPU's strengths.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
man, amd marketing sucks so bad, i would work for their marketing dept for free.

System Name RGB-PC v2.0
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT
Memory 4x16GB DDR5-5200 CL36 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX 2080 Ti
Storage 2x2TB Samsung 980 PRO
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV273K 27" 4K 120Hz (G-SYNC compatible)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragon Red + Sennheiser HD 650
Power Supply Asus Thor II 1000W + Cablemod ModMesh Pro sleeved cables
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB with low profile red cherrys
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
The problem is according to the Sherman Anti-trust Act they should have paid TRIPLE damages. They never even paid the full damages let alone triple damages done to AMD in lost revenue. That is the proof there is no such thing that these capitalist pundits called the "free market". It is rigged and has been rigged in almost every industry since the days of the Standard Oil Trust. The basic law of capitalism is that the capitalist must maximize their profits. If that takes bribery, gouging the consumer, and even murder that is all part of the game. Every day 80 workers die on the job due to industrial accidents. in the US. Worldwide that number would be 8 times that number. look at the hundreds if not thousands that perish in fires every year in Pakistan and Bangladesh, where they are locked inside their factories.
Point made subject closed.

If you feel like discussing the underlying structure and "the game" send me a pm.

Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
Is AMD insane? What's with the bloody board of directors, if this news is true, why on earth would you try to disintegrate the department that's running efficient and making the company profit?

Link:
AMD’s layoffs target engineering
Board incompetence dooms the company

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/10/12/amds-layoffs-target-engineering/

Not sure if the insanity of capitalism is the issue, but they are burning through venture capital and bank financing at an incredible pace and probably have been told by their creditors to make the move. I would have held back the news until a few weeks after trinty and vishera release so they can see if things are improving. I guess selling off ATI will raise money for them and since they have already milked that technology it buys them time to right the cpu business. It is extremely severe and means if vishera and trinity and their tablet ventures don't expand as hoped they will be in the toilet before next summer.
I really hope this is NOT what happens. as I do NOT wish to have to change my motherboard and cpu to the over-priced Intel moniker.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
From what I've read so far this seems like management is squeezing the company dry. Hopefully not but this seems to be almost common practice with predatory capitalism. I'll get worried when hardware stops releasing.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
From what I've read so far this seems like management is squeezing the company dry. Hopefully not but this seems to be almost common practice with predatory capitalism. I'll get worried when hardware stops releasing.

It's 21st Century Neo-Conservative Capitalism at work. As someone who works for a big blue three letter company (although only at the base level) I can tell you it's not just AMD doing this kind of thing. These companies are all about cutting costs and maximizing profits quarter to quarter. If it means cutting a third of your work force, so be it. It's going to lead to problems down the road, but they don't seem to mind sadly...

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
It's 21st Century Neo-Conservative Capitalism at work. As someone who works for a big blue three letter company (although only at the base level) I can tell you it's not just AMD doing this kind of thing. These companies are all about cutting costs and maximizing profits quarter to quarter. If it means cutting a third of your work force, so be it. It's going to lead to problems down the road, but they don't seem to mind sadly...

Yes, hence the "common practice" comment. ;)

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
Yes, hence the "common practice" comment. ;)

It's quite a shame to. A lot of these companies would be doing a lot better if they just buckled down and invested looking forward. Nothing sucks worse than seeing production fab-wide held up for "Down for spending".

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
meh who cares im with erocker untill products stop releasing or drivers stop coming i dont care untill then its nothing but bs

a company that fails must restructure, AMD has been constantly failing in certain regards it either fixes itself or goes under thats the way it works. Untill then i wont worry about it.

Software Windows 10 Pro
It's quite a shame to. A lot of these companies would be doing a lot better if they just buckled down and invested looking forward. Nothing sucks worse than seeing production fab-wide held up for "Down for spending".

Yes the problem of this shorted sighted corporate policy, pasted on top of global financial crisis= global depression, is leading to a global race to the bottom. Wage cuts, mass unemployment, and falling per capita incomes plus fiscal austerity means the second global collapse comes very soon. It will be more intense and permanent. Only global war with mass extermination of the "surplus labor force" (the unemployed) and destruction of the means of production of your competitor states can lead to the basis for a capitalist recovery. The hideous murder of millions and the misery forced on the whole of humanity makes the alternative of communist revolution with the hardships faced in building a better , more rational, and caring world pale in comparison to the coming inter-imperialist war driven by rivalry. That is why the drive towards a police state and micromanagement of the work force is all important to the bosses and their state. They need a compliant and patriotic working class to buy into the global warfare strategy.

Watch out for the Chinese, they just built their first nuclear aircraft carrier and already have a handful of nuclear subs.They are planning to project their growing naval power into the Indian Ocean, South China Sea, and the Straits of Molucca where their oil tankers make the trip to the Persian Gulf. The Seventh Fleet will no longer have domain in that region within 5 years. That will be the tinder box for global war.

Last edited:

Yes cause in good times when money is rolling-in and business is good a company can maintain growth and hire workers but when times get tough and the business needs to be maintained while sales and growth arent there. How dare a company do with less to survive in a competative invorment during a global financial slow-down.
:rolleyes:

Yes lets keep all our worker so we all go down with the ship at a much faster pace. Keep piling up debt and investors with capital will not invest. The possibility to get a loan to keep the company afloat will dry up faster. No-one survives and we are all out of a job.
:nutkick:

How dare businesses act like businesses. Shame on them right :laugh:.

Time to go work pro bono. :toast: You mean volunteering doesnt pay :confused:

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
This tell it all.

Attachments

• ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 367
System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
Nuts...

AMD needs better marketing. thats the end of the line. amd has pretty decent products for their price. not most of the people try to get the most bang for buck. its a shame AMD hasnt been able spread its knowledge. i can bet that atleast 30% of computer consumers havent heard of AMD yet.

AMD needs to market its APU line a lot better. just some demos now and then wont do. they need to increase the interaction with the base consumer directly.

The market amd is aiming for doesn't care if the cpu is made by fisher price....all they want is the cheapest. And they buy once every 2 - 4 years. The small businesses and professionals want the best for their needs at the best prices. They invest in what ever and when ever it as long as itll grow their business. I sell more intel based laptops than amd....yet get more returns on amd based products because it couldn't handle the clients needs or multitasking. This cost small businesses time and money...something no one can afford to loose. Marketing is only 1/2 of the solution gotta walk it too. They should sell off their gpu business(so it'll survive) or stop the slow death thing and do a total ground up restructure and relaunch.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Yes cause in good times when money is rolling-in and business is good a company can maintain growth and hire workers but when times get tough and the business needs to be maintained while sales and growth arent there. How dare a company do with less to survive in a competative invorment during a global financial slow-down.

Yes lets keep all our worker so we all go down with the ship at a much faster pace. Keep piling up debt and investors with capital will not invest. The possibility to get a loan to keep the company afloat will dry up faster. No-one survives and we are all out of a job.

When the working class is driven to revolution they will seize these businesses and the state that that backs them up. 30% unemployment does not phase you. Just watch out friend. A lot of angry jobless people out there are thinking otherwise. There is a quantum point of no return and the capitalist world is reaching it. Read my explanation of the global crisis and that it will lead to global war. This is real, not fantasy. If you were upset by Occupy Wall Street , wait intil the the s--t really hits the fan when the double dip begins in the coming year.

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10

The problem is they are laying off employees from branches unrelated to the problem. It would make sense if they trimmed their CPU division which is bleeding money, but they aren't, they are letting go people who have done a good job in their graphics division. My problem isn't them running like a business, it's the idea that companies working on profit quarter to quarter is acceptable. Do you think Intel fires crap loads of employees to raise their profits a little bit here and there?

Do you think AMD losing money has affected CEO or other Executive pay? I doubt it. They are unequally cutting back, by continuing to pay Rory crap loads to his excellent work, and cutting jobs for engineers in a successful division to compensate, how is that fair?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Do you think AMD losing money has affected CEO or other Executive pay? I doubt it. They are unequally cutting back, by continuing to pay Rory crap loads to his excellent work, and cutting jobs for engineers in a successful division to compensate, how is that fair?
It's not. Unfortunately the people who probably should be replaced are the ones who make those kinds of decisions. :banghead:
If you were upset by Occupy Wall Street , wait intil the the s--t really hits the fan when the double dip begins in the coming year.
I was upset with what led to the Occupy protests. It all boils down to one word: Greed. It can make as much as it can destroy.

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
It's not. Unfortunately the people who probably should be replaced are the ones who make those kinds of decisions. :banghead:

That's the part that pisses me off. Good people doing good work losing their jobs so rich assholes high up in the company can add an extra 5-10% onto their yearly bonus, it's just not fair.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
That's the part that pisses me off. Good people doing good work losing their jobs so rich assholes high up in the company can add an extra 5-10% onto their yearly bonus, it's just not fair.

That is a matter of ethics. Some businesses have them, some don't. We all know what the problems are. Solutions are a far harder to come by. Most proposed solutions I hear seem worse than the problem.

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
That is a matter of ethics. Some businesses have them, some don't. We all know what the problems are. Solutions are a far harder to come by. Most proposed solutions I hear seem worse than the problem.

It definitely is a problem here in the West. I know CEO compensation in the US is ridiculously high compared to other places. I remember seeing that news special about the Japanese CEO of the biggest airline in Japan, who cut his pay to like the median income of employees within the company, and declined his bonus because the company started doing poorly. He took the bus to work, ate in the cafeteria with the rest of the employees, and helped out where he could (going as far as answering phones and such even). You would never see something like that in the United States. His rationale was; "Why should I be rewarded if the company is doing poorly?"

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
Sad no doubt. I fear the worst but possibly old ATI could come out good depending where or who they end up with. I worked for a huge company that spun off our division. We excelled and made a excellent profitable company out of it. In this case I don't see AMD making it out alive for many reasons already stated. Inferior product, almost zero advertisement, The lack of capital to rebuild/reorganize, lost expertise (fired crucial employees), and even if they over came all of the above it is as obvious as it was with General Motors the ones in charge A. are incompetent or B. dont give a damn. Both of which ultimately run a business in the ground.