• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Yo Mismo

Dear community.
First, thanks a lot for the drivers. I can't imagine how much work does it suppose for Alan and all.
I have two Win 10 computers with different realtek audio chipsets and I have installed in both the same last Alan's driver v6.0.1.8960.
On one computer, I have the Dolby tabs on "Digital S/PDIF Out" menu. However, in the second computer it doesn't appear, although I can select the "DTS 5.1" format menu option on the "Advance Options" tab. Is this behaviour normal?
On the other hand, I was trying to elevate the stereo output to a 5.1 output according to Emanresu posts. However, after installing "Equializer APO" application from GitHub I cannot launch it in none of the computers. I have installed last version 1.2.1 and previous 1.2.0 and they do not launch any image at all. They simply don't work. Any advice?

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
i have a problem with Nahimic
Try deleting all nahimic stuff like discribed here (make registry entry backups before deleting keys for safety).
Good luck!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it (I do). I've updated my Equalizer APO config files.

The 'upmixer' option now fully supports direct, so no need to turn it off.
Added loudness correction to the 'upmixer' option.

E-APO.png

Last edited:
Try deleting all nahimic stuff like discribed here (make registry entry backups before deleting keys for safety).
Good luck!
Yes, I always do, but the same, but all other like Sonic Studio 3, Dolby etc. everything else works without a problem.

Last edited:
mery christmas to all...
i have a problem with instalaltion.
see pic for understand i can't install until no uninstall

Attachments

• Immagine 2020-12-25 123114.jpg
    Immagine 2020-12-25 123114.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Immagine 2020-12-25 123136.jpg
    Immagine 2020-12-25 123136.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 95
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
@pipes

If the above doesn't work, I've always used Device Remover (also has the option to show only disconnected devices) and CCleaner. Else try the following:
Type, %appdata%, into Windows search, and either left click the right side panel (C:\Users\****) or press enter and change the directory.

1.png2.png3.png

Attachments

• AAFStyle.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Yo Mismo

After installing new AAF DCH 6.0.9075, the "analog SPK Out" device appears "Not Connected". I have an optical SPDIF connected with EqualizerAPO but I miss the THX app, which cannot connect to the SPK device. Any clue in how to fake the SPK to be connected?

You have analogue speakers connected? If yes, can you take a screenshot of your "Analogue SPK Out", thanks.

System Name CTG Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Asrock B650M PRO RS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE
Memory 2x 16gb G.SKILL F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) MAG274QRF-QD | Asus vg248qe
Case SAMA IM01
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlasterx G6
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech G pro Wireless
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
In general yes, but it depends on the scenario in which it will be used.

Using right now, the Sonic studio 3, that comes with the board I guess. The noise suppression is quite bad vs my soundblaster Z or nVidia Broadcast (but this one is using vram so I uninstalled it).

Is the modded driver an improvement?

For me 'Sonic Studio 3' caused problems like echo and so on. The loudness equalizer I get in the 'Gigabyte Realtek Panel' is amazing, but I have stopped using it now I'm using 'E-APO'.
It seems Alan has to keep putting working into getting those apps to work properly, for me this is less important than the drivers working (currently working 100%).

Technically you can make your own profiles using E-APO, and the Graphic EQ options, saving each profile independently, and using 'Include' to change profile.

----

@Alan Finote

I noticed the APO driver is very out of date, your AAF installs '11.0.6000.591', latest is '11.0.6000.8xx', everything else is up to date.
If I install older Gigabyte driver with APO .8xx, E-APO works as 'LFX/GFX', with older AFF I have to use 'SFX/MFX'.

1.png3.png2.png

Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA/UAD) | Attachment from Gigabyte 9075 (to be modded by Alan).

Attachments

• Realtek APO 833-844.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Yo Mismo

You have analogue speakers connected? If yes, can you take a screenshot of your "Analogue SPK Out", thanks.
No, I don't have any speaker connected. I have a SPDIF 5.1 seakers sustem. However,I need that device to be "connected" in order to have the Equalizer APO working.

Either set E-APO to SPDIF directly, or set the system to SPDIF as primary. The 'upmixer' still works as normal as long as you have selected 'DDL' or 'DTS'.

1.png2.png3.png

In my case it installs two digital outputs, one is internal and I did not install the APO for it (also disabled).
Check you installed the correct one, and try again if it does not work.

----

E-APO with all options on, 5x audio apps:

1.png

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
@Ferather @Alan Finote
Here is also a new (unofficial) Realtek HA Audio driver v6.0.9075.1:

Source:

System Name Eh
Processor AMD FX-6300 Overclocked to 4.2ghz
Motherboard MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (Shit Motherboard)
Cooling Default Fan
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital, 500gb Samsung 860 SSD
Display(s) 24" Acer
Case Cyberpower PC mATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC887 (Using custom driver from the forums)
Power Supply EVGA Bronze 500 watt
Mouse Logitech Daedalus
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 x64
System Name Desktop
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M

Yo Mismo

Either set E-APO to SPDIF directly, or set the system to SPDIF as primary. The 'upmixer' still works as normal as long as you have selected 'DDL' or 'DTS'.

View attachment 181048View attachment 181049View attachment 181050

In my case it installs two digital outputs, one is internal and I did not install the APO for it (also disabled).
Check you installed the correct one, and try again if it does not work.

----

E-APO with all options on, 5x audio apps:

View attachment 181052
It definitively worked in that way! Thanks, thanks, thanks!

No problem, Alan did most of the work, I just investigated and sent feedback, he fixed the 'PCM' to digital transcoding, which means even analogue 5.1 and 7.1 is sent to digital and transcoded (converted) to either 5.1-7.1 'DDL' or 'DTS'. My upmixer simply redirects 2 channel stereo into the extra channels for 5.1 and 7.1, by default the system and drivers will send 'PCM' to digital to be transcoded.

Stereo output (for example most mp3's, Youtube, and so on), will lack a matrix for 5.1 and 7.1, so without upmixing (re-direction) you will only get 2 speakers.
You dont need my upmixer to play analogue and/or digital multichannel (5.1-7.1) over digital, only stereo.

----

Feel free to tune my config files, they are intended to be generic overall, and can be optimized on a per card (per chip) basis.
Modify the 'Loudness correction' option to suit your speakers and ears, as well as the 'Balance' options.

1.png2.png

----

The Digital Theater - Home Theater Resources

3.png

Once again I tried Soundblaster720 and its awesome, until I reboot. How do I make this wor? How does KGA run? I wish this worked now all my audio is totally hosed.

slf88

msi x570

No option for bass management, any idea on how to get it?

my friend has this option, we have razer 7.1 headsets and he gets nice bass
what setting decides if the option should be enabled or not in the realtek tweak app? and how do i enable it ?
1609111800845.png

Last edited:

mihailstefano

Hi, I just found about your driver, but I have a problem. I want to retask my front panel case jacks, but I can't do that, since no pop-up appears, even if I uncheck "Disable front panel jack detection".

What can I do?

My board is an Asus Z87M-Pro4 with Realtek ALC892 connector, and I don't get any pop-up when I am connecting any cables into the audio jacks.

@slf88

Its part of my Gigabyte Azalia. If you are using Equalizer APO you can add, and even tweak this feature (see below).
Without that option, and loudness EQ at '-24', I get deep crisp bass, and full range on my speakers.

1.png2.png

Speakers will only play based on their response range (see here).

----

@mihailstefano

Open your Realtek panel, at the bottom left is settings, in there I find re-tasking.

Last edited:

Kylek29

Saw a few others with similar setups that had issues when I searched so I figured I'd post how I got mine working ("good enough") as it may help someone else. But first, most excellent driver pack! My sound setup has never been this clear.

My Setup:
Mobo: MSI X570 Gaming Plus w/ Ryzen 3600
Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC1220
Audio Connection: Both Digital Optical and 5.1ch Analog are connected to a Yamaha receiver (so I can cover any audio-out scenario). Ideally, the less I have to switch modes, the better.

My initial issues were vast. I could not get Nahimic to work (other driver packs did, but had surround issues with the rear speakers). It would install and launch, but didn't seem like it would do anything. Sonic Sound 3 would crash and output didn't seem right. Had a few other random issues. I did have a prior driver-pack installed, so I decided to start fresh.
  1. Be sure to uninstall all old drivers, including any copies of programs that may not have cleared (check UWP/WinStore apps and Add/Remove). I had residual files from various drivers and THX stuff still installed.
    1. I cleared what I could via Add/Remove and UWP/WinStore, but for the items that couldn't be uninstalled I used the free ZSoft Uninstaller Portable: https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/zsoft_uninstaller_portable --> For me it was a matter of searching for "THX" and clearing the two programs that remained.
  2. Restart the PC (do not shutdown and start if you have Fastboot enabled, as in the latest versions of Windows 10 this is akin to a hibernation).
  3. Run the downloaded driverpack .exe as Administrator (may not be necessary, but I did so anyways).
  4. Verify that "Install apps from any source, including loose files" is turned on (you can always turn it off right after -> recommended, for security).
  5. Used the settings found below (after trying a mix of them, this led to best results).
  6. Restart the PC after install is completed.
  7. Side Note: When running Sonic Studio 3 and switching to Advanced mode, the program will seemingly just close (no message). Relaunching it instantly closes it again. I found that if you just wait a minute and relaunch, it'll come up and work fine.
  8. Another note if you only get 3.1 output via digital: Go into to the advanced properties for the Digital output and disable "enable audio enhancements" .. that allowed actual 5.1 audio. I believe this has the side-effect of disabling certain audio features (Bass Boost, Voice Clarity, etc.). So may want to toggle it depending on what you're doing.
  9. See note below the Options box ...
After all of this, the digital tab of the Realtek Audio Console (Universal / UWP) displayed the option to push 5.1 Dolby Live or 5.1 Interactive .. both worked and the receiver displayed the proper feed on the LCD. Something it has never done before. I don't believe upmix-to-5.1 is working, but whatever, I don't really need it.

Code:
Options:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Realtek Control Panel:
-> Select Realtek Audio Console (Universal) w/ Both Decoders

CreativeLabs:
-> Install THX TruStudio Pro (this one works when running in Analog Speaker mode)

Dolby:
-> Install Dolby Atmos

A-Volute:
-> Sonic Studio 3

ASIO:
-> Install Realtek ASIO

Issues - 12/29/2020:

After more testing today, I did notice that in digital mode, with the receiver showing the proper DTS mix the surround sound is mapping the rear channel to the front left/right. This will likely still work my use case, but worth noting. I was able to properly remap these channels in Analog mode and get that functioning for the most part (5.1 works in the speaker test), although it does come back with certain audio mixes. Not sure it's worth my time troubleshooting, I tend to game with headsets and that's the only time I switch to a surround config.

Last edited: