• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Try edit 2 of this post, and the DTS-Settings attachment, please make a backup (right click > export), and save the edits (it will ask you to make a new one).

What non-Realtek (not DTS DCH) device are you doing this to?

Last edited:
I accidently edited the realtek one.... dumb me...
I did a quick re-install of the drivers and everything is working again as it should.
I will never touch that tool again ^^

Thx for your help anyway and thx for the great work.
Ive got working 5.1 via SPDIF and thats all I wanted :) DTS:X Ultra is just a bonus for me.

Aha, I suspected this, I apologize for any confusion and time spent. Tell your friends about Free stuff!!

Again thankyou for all your feedback.

Nah, no apologize needed. This was nothing compared to the stress I`ve had with Alan`s drivers^^
I mean, they worked and I liked the Dolby Atmos.
But there were also issues. I cant count the hours of installing and re-installing the drivers^^

As a little feedback: Always keep in mind, dummys like me are also reading and trying this. Its better to write a proper installation guide (yours is god like, compared to others), then spending hours and hours for solving failures which have could been prevented^^

But there is one question left:
Is there a way to raise the volume level? The driver seems to have a very low level. When i listen to spotify for example it looks like this, level seems very low:

Screenshot 2021-04-14 194415.png

I'm using Equalizer APO to balance between analogue and digital (still this is only with analogue audio), you can also add master gain to any device.
Its compatible with the driver and DTS:X, some devices may or may not be able to utilize the EQ.

The EQ and other features in the Realtek Audio Console, work for all outputs.

lol || Edit: I will mostly likely update the package if things improve, or at request. I see no reason to update at this time (there is not one if you go to check, lol).
Please continue to send feedback in regards to the current release, and also if there is a new update and you if want it now.

Also note, @Alan Finotty optimizations (special codes) are included, and will be in the future.

Last edited:
@Ferather
After a day with further testing, I can say: The driver works great for me.
Except the problem with the not always on reiceiver. It turned out that whenever I change the sound source, i.e. to switch from one tab with youtube to another in the broswer, this produces cracking noises. the receiver switches off briefly and then on again. at first this is just annoying, but in the long run it could damage the speakers.
So I did the work around you offer on page 3. But it would be cool if you can find a better solution for this :)

@Bryan Ü I dont have ALC285 to test speaker codes with, I cant do anything from here. Have you tried either the ALT1 or ALT2 driver?
And what do you mean headphones don't work? It does it you use separate stream, that's how the app works.

1618508657287.png

@Kabal81 There is no other solution at this time, other than VAC.

----

Edit:

@Kabal81 can you try the following options [6 > 5], with the provided 'RTK Device Tool'.
Tick the box, press save, then restart your computer (stereo mix turned off).

1.png

If it works better, let me know what ALC you have.

Last edited:
@Ferather
I will test it.
I got a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite with an ALC1200

Edit:
Ok, did some quick tests. Failure.
Cracking noises are back when switching between different sound sources. On the Receiver DTS mode is not always on.

Switched back to the Stereo Mix solution.

Keep it up. Somewhere is the solution :)

Last edited:
I've had a stab at it, and removed APO1 totally, and Neo PC from digital, for me its better, I get no noise, with or without stereo mix.
I am using E-APO (pre-mix, SFX,MFX) on all interfaces, for some reason E-APO improves Realtek devices.

You will now need to use E-APO to do stereo upmixing, plus it works out better.

----

1618583794097.png

====

Here is an optional way to get more code into non-Realtek devices (non DTS DCH), such as HDMI, DisplayPort, Bluetooth and USB, so on.
Open the provided Realtek APO Tool, select MMDevice registry, then the device you want at the top, then EP registry.

1.png2.png

Right click and export the master key, then rename it - but just copy its name. Edit, then paste the name into the provided .reg, then save.

3.png4.png

Run the reg file, then restart. You will need to trigger speakers on some devices, e.g. HDMI, by selecting speakers then back.

Attachments

• DTS-Settings [Stereo].zip
    655 bytes · Views: 117
Last edited:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Hello @Ferather , when I try to install DTS with the installation bat it says "Permission denied", even with Administrator rights, what should I do ?

You just double click it. Right click run as admin, will not work with the code. If that still doesn't work for you, send me a DM, I will give you manual instructions.

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9137.8 (Signed) - See post 1 for the guide and downloads, be sure to remove all DTS apps before removing the driver.
  • Removed APO1 (analogue), and Neo PC (digital spreader), due to age, lack of updates and issues.
  • Updated APO3, both APO3 and APO4 can be active at once at no cost, using shared code.
  • Added code to the basic installer, the Windows audio service is now stopped before the driver is installed.
  • Optimizations and clean-up of some codes in all of the drivers .inf files.
You will need to use E-APO to do stereo surround upmixing, its much better than Neo PC (stereo expand).

Last edited:
@Ferather Alan's driver work for me. Can u use Alan's driver and add your extensions into that.

And what do you mean headphones don't work?
well when i connect headphone i dont hear any sound from headphone but from speakers. i cant sperate streams cause realtek audio console doesnt give me options to do that.

You just double click it. Right click run as admin, will not work with the code. If that still doesn't work for you, send me a DM, I will give you manual instructions.

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9137.8 (Signed) - See post 1 for the guide and downloads, be sure to remove all DTS apps before removing the driver.
  • Removed APO1 (analogue), and Neo PC (digital spreader), due to age, lack of updates and issues.
  • Updated APO3, both APO3 and APO4 can be active at once at no cost, using shared code.
  • Added code to the basic installer, the Windows audio service is now stopped before the driver is installed.
  • Optimizations and clean-up of some codes in all of the drivers .inf files.
You will need to use E-APO to do stereo surround upmixing, its much better than Neo PC (stereo expand).
I will try your new drivers soon. I'm curious how good they will be. Especially the E-Apo, because I wanted to have some pre-amplification anyway. I will give you soime Feedback the next couple of days.

@Bryan Ü "Alan's driver work for me. Can u use Alan's driver and add your extensions into that." < Never going to happen, and in addition the drivers are the same, only the .inf's are different.
You do know Alan has now DTS Ultra and Headphones:X in his system, with some help, I do support his customers as well. I told you its speaker-headphones codes.

I don't have the device and cannot find which codes specifically match your 285, no chance I am building around that when it's the minority.
You can try a different preset for DTS:X, try to find a device with Ultra and a ALC285, then replace the preset.

--

Here is an example of the codes I have to read, and without knowing them I have 0% chance to ID chips.

1618678848219.png

SPK - Speakers, HP - Headphones, Mic - Microphone.

====

@Kabal81 Thanks.

====

I might need to change the preset for APO3, its detecting multichannel but only has presets for stereo and headphones.
It might not make any difference what I see here (below), but I will look into it for the next release.

1.png
2.png

The above is an output file, not the preset.

----

Please read the provided readme. Optional preset update, with multichannel fix.
Feel free to modify them, and install your mods with the installer.

Edit: I enabled additional SRS options and DSP. Stereo settings are not changed.

----

Stereo upmixing sounds more like a DTS or Dolby surround track, with both systems its more like DTS:X+, or APO4.5.

Last edited:
System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
hmmm is normal showing acer trueharmony??

Attachments

• Screenshot_178.png
    Screenshot_178.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 149
No that's new to me, have never seen that before. Do you have an acer? I guess you do and its from that, else, very strange.

----

@Everyone, if you set your speakers to stereo before spatial, you can use Headphones:X + Ultra.
You can also enable the older Headphones:X app, in addition, see below.

1.png

After, restart your computer, ideally, or restart the audio service.

Last edited:
@Ferather i think i found the problem when i installed your extension with the official HP driver both headphone and speaker streams got joined into one.After that whenever i use realtek driver i get only one stream which supports both.

By the way how can i get those ID's. Any idea.

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
hmm i try turn off dts x ultra but cant turn on again
edit:
fixed with reinstall

----

@Ferather yes my laptop is acer

Attachments

• Screenshot_180.png
    Screenshot_180.png
    531.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650 WiFi
Cooling Frost Commander 140
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -50 uv
Storage KC3000 1TB
Display(s) NZXT 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
This thread has made me glad I just use a dedicated Schiit DAC and AMP for all my audio needs... so much work for probably a 5% improvement in audio quality, possibly not any improvement if you have the gear I have anyway. Plug n play makes life much easier imo