• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD To Give Up Competing With Intel On x86? CPU Prices Already Shooting Up

System Name Old Damned Rigs!
Processor AMD Phenom X4 9850 BE 2.5GHz
Motherboard MSI K9A2-CF
Memory 2 x 2GB DDR2 PC8500
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
Storage Hitachi 250GB Sata-II
Display(s) Chimnei 22" LCD Wide
Case Powerlogic Modena GTX2500
Power Supply Amacrox Warrior 400w
Software Windows XP Professional SP3
I don't know about Jakarta but here AMD is only competitive in the $125-180 price point. That may be a popular price point but apparently not enough to survive on.

yeah, in here. low-mid range market are the most profitable one. but sadly though most of people still dont know about how competitive AMD at those price point. so they just brought Intel without knowing there's better option for cheaper price on sub $100 processor..

btw, APU still have a future. so AMD better not leaving cpu market completely..

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
GUYS PRICES HAVE GONE UP BECAUSE...... IT IS CHRISTMAS TIME ONCE AGAIN..... IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR... COME ON...

AMD has lost the competition with Intel a long time ago. You think that because of Bulldozer AMD will shutdown? 'We' computer enthusiasts will not buy Bulldozers but the 'others' do not have a clue.... They just want buy a PC... They have a budget and they don't mind whether is it says Intel or AMD.. They just want something that costs 500 Euros (less of what we spend on a cpu and mobo alone) and enables them to go on facebook...

How many of us 'overclockers', 'upgraders', 'extreme gamers' are out there? (compared with the rest of computer users)?

What kills AMD the most is the price / performance ratio. The fact that they don't lower their prices after all the negative publicity means that they are selling to the 'WOW 8 Cores!!!' consumers right now. In time they will lower their prices... and more people will be convinced to buy...

And this thread if you ask me is FUD- I highly Doubt AMD would leave the CPU business.

To tell you the truth do you think that any gamer who wants to play Skyrim or BF3 will notice any real difference on i5 or Bulldozer? I don't think so...
I am running BF3 multiplayer with everything on high on an overclocked (4Ghz) Core2Duo E8400 (on air) without any problems!!! (with the aid of an gtx570 of course!!!:D)......
I am waiting for Ivy Bridge you see....:D:D

Prices are hiked on everything and then once black friday rolls around they go back to normal to make people think prices are lower, when they truly are not- aka price is where the product started at. N Ya for those buying consoles, buy a used model n haggle the SOB that is trying to sell it for 250-300 dollars- stating you can get one for 250 etc

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Now move up to the A4 chips with integrate 65x0 graphics on them and you have a budget gamer that can play ALL of todays games with decent settings, throw in hybrid xfire with another 65x0 chip and you have all high settings for under $700. Something intel cannot touch.

I'm going to disagree. For $700 you can get an i3-2100 or maybe even i5-2400 setup with a 6850 or so that would blow that setup away in most tasks. The "Hybrid Crossfire" setup is crippled at best, and still in it's infancy. I don't think the 6xxx series will be it's time to shine no matter what.

As drivers mature those chips keep getting better.

No matter what, they are still AMD\ATi drivers which are historically bad. I have to completely uninstall and reinstall drivers every time I update them, and even then it's only to a 50% success rate. It's stuff like that that really scares users away.

There is no way the influx of fusion chips is by mistake. AMD is trying to take as much low end market as humanly possible. We may loose the high end with AMD's bulldozer fiasco, but if they can stake a claim in low/midrange markets that is the bulk of home computing.

It was more because they could actually make those at the time. AMD was having so many problems getting BD CPU's in decent enough yields to even make shipping worthwhile, they had to do something to keep sales and revenue up. Luckily for users, the end result was very beneficial.

The top 4 selling laptops at my Walmart right now are all AMD based and under $700. All it takes is one salesman to go hey these perform similar this ones cheaper and games play better.

You assume salesman at these places know what the hell they are talking about. I spent several minutes listening to some 15 year old kid explain why Laptop X was clearly better than Laptop Y for gaming because it had a bigger screen (15.6' vs. 14.1' for what it's worth) with literally no consideration put into the CPU, GPU, Cost, etc. at a Best Buy recently.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I'm going to disagree. For $700 you can get an i3-2100 or maybe even i5-2400 setup with a 6850 or so that would blow that setup away in most tasks. The "Hybrid Crossfire" setup is crippled at best, and still in it's infancy. I don't think the 6xxx series will be it's time to shine no matter what.

Fine me a NOTEBOOK with all of that for $700 and I will buy it right now. I do like the fact that you still buy an AMD card with it though.

Those notebooks are damn near bestselling on every single site. Now move up to the A4 chips with integrate 65x0 graphics on them and you have a budget gamer that can play ALL of todays games with decent settings

You took that line out of context. AMD's desktop market is shit and I could care less about it. Hybrid Crossfire is also one hell of a lot more stable than the Intel option. Go find reviews of a Intel IGP+NV graphics that doesn't have a list of people complaining that the one driver that does work with the IGP/NV swithing doesn't work with any new games.

No matter what, they are still AMD\ATi drivers which are historically bad. I have to completely uninstall and reinstall drivers every time I update them, and even then it's only to a 50% success rate. It's stuff like that that really scares users away.

Most people update with windows update. It is 100% successful at deleting one .inf and replacing it with another. Cool thing about windows update is it couldn't care less about CCC. Not to mention 90% of the people updating the drivers are the people of forums like this. The rest couldn't care less. Does it play farmville still? How about WOW? After that point nothing needs to be touched. In all honesty last time I updated my netbooks X1270 I deleted the inf and told windows to use the new one. Worked beautifully. Also this is coming from someone who has played with crossfire when it was new and you had to play musical parts to get it working. Had 4x3850's, mixes of X2's and single cards, you name it I probably ran it in the 3-4XX0 series.

It was more because they could actually make those at the time. AMD was having so many problems getting BD CPU's in decent enough yields to even make shipping worthwhile, they had to do something to keep sales and revenue up. Luckily for users, the end result was very beneficial.

They never slowed the production Phenom II's during the time. Fusion chips were equally as difficult to manufacture as BD and even included multiple dies with different manufacturing processes. Talk about complicated you integrate a 32nm CPU with a 40nm GPU!

You assume salesman at these places know what the hell they are talking about. I spent several minutes listening to some 15 year old kid explain why Laptop X was clearly better than Laptop Y for gaming because it had a bigger screen (15.6' vs. 14.1' for what it's worth) with literally no consideration put into the CPU, GPU, Cost, etc. at a Best Buy recently.

I can't vouch for anything that I didn't work at. There is often one salesman who knows what they are talking about at those stores. Aaron (freaksavior) and I were the ones at BestBuy, the resident nerds so wonderfully named by the manager, but we had our place when people wanted stupid ridiculous questions answered the two of us could feed them full of quite a bit of knowledge. You will always have the teenybopper at Bestbuy they are cheap and can still sell a laptop to anybody who walks into that store.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
System Name Chachamaru-IV | Retro Battlestation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Intel Pentium II 450MHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | MSI MS-6116 (Intel 440BX chipset)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000 (16-20-20-38) | 512MB PC133 SDRAM
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 FE | 3dfx Voodoo3 3000
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 NVME SSD (OS), Toshiba 3TB (Storage), Toshiba 3TB (Steam)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 27" @ 1440p144 & Dell P2312H @ 1080p60
Case SilverStone Seta A1 | Beige box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Speakers), Creative Zen Hybrid headset | Sound Blaster AWE64
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2 | 250W ASETEC
Mouse Roccat Kone Air| Microsoft Serial Mouse v2.0A
Keyboard Vortex Race3 | Dell AT102W
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | Microsoft Windows 98SE
nVIDIA actually has an x86 license, but Intel won't let them use it. It's a shame, I'd quite like a system with all nVIDIA components.

And I agree on the whole "Intel monopoly not being as bad as we all dread" thing. In Britain, we loved our monopolies, and we got some of the lowest prices and best products/service around. But, because everybody is terrified of them, they'll forceably break up Intel if AMD pulls out of the desktop scene which is a big shame. Same would happen to Microsoft if Apple went under.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
i think this rumor is BS. After AMD just announced making RAM for the market, they are quitting CPUs? this rumor was probably started by intel fanbois and/or AMD/bulldozer haters.

wasnt the whole point in AMD getting out new RAM to rival intel's XMP profiles?

Even if this is true, i think AMD is going to put all development into the FM1 socket. Something tells me that we will get competetive CPUs, with integrated GPUs on core

Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 NVME SSD (OS), Toshiba 3TB (Storage), Toshiba 3TB (Steam)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Speakers), Creative Zen Hybrid headset | Sound Blaster AWE64
i think this rumor is BS. After AMD just announced making RAM for the market, they are quitting CPUs? this rumor was probably started by intel fanbois and/or AMD/bulldozer haters.

Quoting an AMD employee, yo.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i think many of you are kidding yourselves over the impact little old crappy amd will have leaving the market. they are already an afterthought in the mind of intel. there are a lot more important factors that impact how intel innovates and does business.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
i think many of you are kidding yourselves over the impact little old crappy amd will have leaving the market. they are already an afterthought in the mind of intel. there are a lot more important factors that impact how intel innovates and does business.

Flamebait much?

AMD still holds an 18% market share and Intel 80%. Thats commonly available knowledge. Without AMD competing with Intel we will see processor markups again. Competition is good in every way it brings out the best product, best price and more options. Think if there was no AMD when the P4 was released? Who is to say Intel would have gotten there collective heads out of their asses and fixed that to release Conroe? As long as AMD holds its current marketshare through the quarter they could always bounce back. As far as intel's way of doing business yea right thats why AMD won that 1.45 billion antitrust. The only business plan Intel follows is when in doubt cheat, lie and steal. Hell the old P4 commercial specifically quote needing a P4 to use XP...I mean really?

x86 doesn't equal CPU just profit for intel. You could read this as "were not paying intel anymore". There are more extension out that are open source and it looks like MS is planing on working with them more. This could just be the death of x86 that's been talked about for years now. the money is in mobile devices, set tops, and cloud none of whom need x86.

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
i think this rumor is BS.

Its only "rumor" if you dont believe stuff that comes strait from the source. But the BS part comes from all industries as they all seem to fudge things to get a certain reaction. Maybe an attempt to get Intel to slow down thinking they won the battle?

"We're at an inflection point," said company spokesman Mike Silverman. "We will all need to let go of the old 'AMD versus Intel' mind-set, because it won't be about that anymore."

However from what I read we may be taking it a little overboard. I see a lot of room in what they say to still make chips. The best I can get is they dont want to be compared to Intel for some sort of imaginary throne.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
VR HMD ;_;
well it just doesnt make any sense. why would they even put BD into production if they knew it was such a fail and they would quit??

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
IMO AMD made a mistake killing the ATI brand name.

AMD should think of itself as a technology "group" and incubate a portfolio of excellence in different fields. And have different product lines targeted to those markets.

AMD CPU, ATI, MAD (Memory acceleration devices), Spinner (mobile devices), etc. There is, IMO, a ball and chain effect by over "incorporating" diverse product lines and R&D.

lukcic

I support AMD because:
  • tried Intel, and for my use AMD was and still is a better choice (example: try to use dism with all patches for windows; Intel based PC will die and will be unusable for a few hours, while AMD finishes 1 hour before an Intel and during the task the PC is usable)
  • I don't care for the quantity of game framerates; I play games 2x in a month
  • I use Sony vegas for rendering and it truly uses all cores on the AMD platform to the max, while Intel....that's just sad story behind....
  • I was thinking buying a laptop, a cheap laptop with the CPU virtualization and I wanted an Intel (I was recommended by I friend who I trust about these things), the problem was that the Pentium mobiles don't have virtualization, while even the cheapest model of any AMD CPU has it. This rises a question "Why would I buy an Intel???" :laugh:

So here you have my opinion and logical reasons why I support AMD. Now I own a 8-core AMD beast and it does the job damn good!

werez

As long as they make "good - enough" chips and don`t charge a fortune for them , i don`t care about AMD losing ground performance wise . They don`t need to keep up ... Anyway im pretty sure that all this is just plain BS . Via is crap and they still sell alot :)

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
VR HMD ;_;
I support AMD because:
  • tried Intel, and for my use AMD was and still is a better choice (example: try to use dism with all patches for windows; Intel based PC will die and will be unusable for a few hours, while AMD finishes 1 hour before an Intel and during the task the PC is usable)
  • I don't care for the quantity of game framerates; I play games 2x in a month
  • I use Sony vegas for rendering and it truly uses all cores on the AMD platform to the max, while Intel....that's just sad story behind....
  • I was thinking buying a laptop, a cheap laptop with the CPU virtualization and I wanted an Intel (I was recommended by I friend who I trust about these things), the problem was that the Pentium mobiles don't have virtualization, while even the cheapest model of any AMD CPU has it. This rises a question "Why would I buy an Intel???" :laugh:

So here you have my opinion and logical reasons why I support AMD. Now I own a 8-core AMD beast and it does the job damn good!

this is also the reasons i use an AMD. fuck i5 :D
AMD just feels a lot faster somehow.

When did hearsay and conjuncture count as front page news?

You know historically AMD started making Intel cpu copies? It was licensed to manufacture Intel cpu then it won a lawsuit against Intel and started to make its own processors.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
nVIDIA actually has an x86 license, but Intel won't let them use it. It's a shame, I'd quite like a system with all nVIDIA components.

And I agree on the whole "Intel monopoly not being as bad as we all dread" thing. In Britain, we loved our monopolies, and we got some of the lowest prices and best products/service around. But, because everybody is terrified of them, they'll forceably break up Intel if AMD pulls out of the desktop scene which is a big shame. Same would happen to Microsoft if Apple went under.

Eh?

You realise monopolies do the opposite right?

They sell cheap initially to weaken/destroy competition and then their prices go up as soon as there's no one to compete with.

That's why people are terrified of them.

Companies like Tesco pretty much wiped out the butcher/baker industry as well, in my town their used be like 10 butchers, now there's one permanent and another guy who comes in a lorry :laugh: ( so cheap! Love that dude)

Monopolies are the worst thing people can allow :laugh: They take away choice and the monopoly has no need to compete as it's the only one providing the service/product so can charge what it likes and people have to pay that.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Eh?

You realise monopolies do the opposite right?

They sell cheap initially to weaken/destroy competition and then their prices go up as soon as there's no one to compete with.

That's why people are terrified of them.

Companies like Tesco pretty much wiped out the butcher/baker industry as well, in my town their used be like 10 butchers, now there's one permanent and another guy who comes in a lorry :laugh: ( so cheap! Love that dude)

Monopolies are the worst thing people can allow :laugh:

As I have already pointed out in the previous page, generally speaking yes monopolies are "bad", but an Intel monopoly is "not as bad as you would think" because no company, no matter how big, can stop scientific and technological progress...unless they spend absurd amounts of money in doing so that being a monopoly in the first place isn't profitable at all.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
As I have already pointed out in the previous page, generally speaking yes monopolies are "bad", but an Intel monopoly is "not as bad as you would think" because no company, no matter how big, can stop scientific and technological progress...unless they spend absurd amounts of money in doing so that being a monopoly in the first place isn't profitable at all.

Of course development wouldn't stop as people will still want more power, but the prices man, think of the prices! :laugh:

System Name INTEL/AMD
Processor I7 4790k stock / 1100T@3.8GHZ(on air)
Motherboard GIGABYTE GAMING 5 / GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 / zalmen 9900
Memory 4x4 GB 1600 / 4x4gb 1600
Video Card(s) GTX670 x2 / ATI 5870 x2
Storage 2xcorsair ssd 120gb raid0 /2x adata ssd 120gb
Display(s) 55Iinch LCD / 22inch acer
Case CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3) / Anteck 900
Power Supply Enermax 800EWT / 750 zalman
Software Win 10
Easy to spot fan boys from both sides. If you think this will be a good think for the pc gaming world you have your head up your own ass. Prices of Intel chips will only go up and up and if you think differently you need a kick in yer face. Only a fool would hope for a monopoly in the pc world.

Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Case Montech Air X
Mouse Logitech G304
Software Windows 10
Of course development wouldn't stop as people will still want more power, but the prices man, think of the prices! :laugh:

:rolleyes:

Law of Supply and Demand would still be at work, generally speaking.

What would happen in an Intel monopoly is not the complete breakdown of the law of supply and demand (where they are able to peg their products at high prices right off the bat) but rather an "inflexibility" of the interaction between supply and demand. Specifically, prices are less susceptible to market forces, but are actually still a bit similar to the situation that we have right now. You could say it's monopolistic competition, but Intel can't really "dictate" prices because it is also essentially competing against itself, which is primarily caused by progress in science and technology.

Case Montech Air X
Mouse Logitech G304
Software Windows 10
Easy to spot fan boys from both sides. If you think this will be a good think for the pc gaming world you have your head up your own ass. Prices of Intel chips will only go up and up and if you think differently you need a kick in yer face. Only a fool would hope for a monopoly in the pc world.

:confused::confused::confused:

So you're saying that if someone said "Something A is not as bad as you think", that someone meant "Something A is the best thing in the world!"?

:laugh::laugh::laugh: