• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ethereum Mining Wipes Out Radeon Inventory, AMD Stock Rallies

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Absolutely nothing in a foreign country.

a foreign country...yeah ok so you dont know.
Ill explain this to you, freedom of speech only means the government wont prosecute you, it says nothing about privately owned websites.
So yeah, the owner of any website can ban you and delete your comments as much as they want

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
a foreign country...yeah ok so you dont know.
Ill explain this to you, freedom of speech only means the government wont prosecute you, it says nothing about privately owned websites.
So yeah, the owner of any website can ban you and delete your comments as much as they want

Hi pete, my name is repeat. I thank you for posting exactly what I said earlier in different words as if I didn't know what they meant.

So when Newegg sells me a 580 card for the equivalency of $400 USD, how do they report that on taxes to show their purchase of a 580 from AMD for $300 USD, and the sale to me?

I have done financials for companies and for myself, taxes in the US and understand that sure, in other countries they might not be able to track it, but here in the US if I pull $20 out of a bitcoin ATM the company running that ATM has a checks and balance system in effect for X user withdrew $20 from account 00000000001 at XX:XX time, and they reconcile that against their cash purchases from Guarda, Loomis, or whatever bank they are using for funding. My GF works for Wells Fargo and we have these types of discussions with her friends from work as well. The only thing not tracked is coinage. You are absurdly nieve to think that Bitcoin and other crypto currency isn't tracked to at least some degree. But thanks for the bold https://www.forbes.com/sites/andygr...rugs-on-silk-roads-black-market/#52ca9843adf7 but useless info.

I have worked in IT for a long time, and anything done, can be undone especially when it comes to security as it all requires some log of actions, like the blockchain itself.

Again you demonstrate you are completely missing the point. It's not about taxes genius, its about how much cheaper it is to run the transaction network.

No 2% credit card fee for the seller, and no servers need to be hosted by credit card companies. This is a completely decentralized computational network that can do so many things besides simple transactions. Many companies are looking into utilizing blockchain to remove the need for server farms. It is complete democratization of computing. The icing on the cake is that there also are no currency exchange fees.

Then you go on talking about "getting tracked". I never claimed you couldn't be tracked using Bitcoin - in fact it's easier to track people than cash! But if you use an obfuscation wallet it is incredibly hard to follow, and alternatives like DASH do in fact make it nearly impossible to be tracked.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
*pokes head in*

*walks away sad*

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Again you demonstrate you are completely missing the point. It's not about taxes genius, its about how much cheaper it is to run the transaction network.

No 2% credit card fee for the seller, and no servers need to be hosted by credit card companies. This is a completely decentralized computational network that can do so many things besides simple transactions. Many companies are looking into utilizing blockchain to remove the need for server farms. It is complete democratization of computing. The icing on the cake is that there also are no currency exchange fees.

Then you go on talking about "getting tracked". I never claimed you couldn't be tracked using Bitcoin - in fact it's easier to track people than cash! But if you use an obfuscation wallet it is incredibly hard to follow, and alternatives like DASH do in fact make it nearly impossible to be tracked.

I agree if you purposefully use obfuscation methods, it will be harder, if not almost impossible, only if another country hosting the wallet or laundering software isn't OK handing over information under subpoena or impenetrable to hacking....

The transaction fee is paid for in and by the inflation from handing out money for processing, and the only real value created by it is from people who need or want to use it. All money systems work the same, and there is no free lunches.

System Name Hulk
Processor 9900k@4.9GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X Hero/Wi-Fi
Cooling Custom water
Memory 32GB 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) 3080 10GB
Display(s) Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 32" 4k 120Hz IPS
Case Corsair 750D
Power Supply beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 700
Keyboard Logitech G815 GL-Tactile
VR HMD Quest 2
I generally read Techpowerup through the app which means I don't join in on discussions, however as a cryptocurrency expert I felt I really had to join in on this one. Not sure where to start so I'll just throw in some hopefully enlightening points.

First up, a quickie, all cryptocurrencies DO generally have a cost to send a transaction - at least if you ever want that transaction to complete in a reasonable time frame. Taking Bitcoin as an example, when you send a transaction to the network you choose a fee to pay to the miners. The higher the fee you give, the higher priority miners will give your transaction. Blocks are created every 10mins (on average) and can only contain 1MB of data, so can only accommodate a fixed number of transactions. If there's too many transactions to fit, miners will pick the ones with the highest fees first, and hold the remaining lower fee transactions for the next block. However, there is a mechanism whereby miners are supposed to include a few "oldest first" transactions in their blocks, this is designed to ensure that all transactions eventually do get processed. This is up to miners though, no one can force them to actually do this, it's just the default in the Core software.
So yes, whilst you can send Bitcoin to anyone in the world for free, realistically you will pay a small fee each time, though this will be MUCH smaller than standard international transfers. As the network gets more congested with more transactions however, these fees will rise. Simple supply and demand. This is the whole reason for the Bitcoin scaling debate which has been ongoing for a good while now.

Next, Ethereum! Ethereum is not a decentralised supercomputer as you might initial expect. For the execution of smart contract code on the Ethereum network, every single node runs the exact same code so it's a giant duplication of effort rather than a collaborative supercomputer one. It should be noted that the smart contract code is extremely simple code and not complex computing by any means. It's generally along the lines of "if this then do that" because the higher the complexity of the code, the more it costs the person uploading it to have it accepted by the network. For example, every new variable costs more ETH for the uploader, as does every "if" or "for loop". If you fancy a look at an example you can play around with some Solidity code online here: https://ethereum.github.io/browser-solidity/. A good tutorial can be found here: http://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/latest/introduction-to-smart-contracts.html
The purpose of the Ethereum network all duplicating effort is so that everyone can then compare the results to check for consistency in the calculations, much like everyone in the Bitcoin network verifying all the transactions for themselves.

Now the Ethereum mining process is separate from the smart contract functionality, and is the subject of this article and likely what most people are thinking about when they hear about "these wasteful cryptocurrencies". Mining is the process of generating new blocks to add to the blockchain, and in Ethereum this is currently done via a Proof-of-Work mechanism which does indeed consume a hell of a lot of electricity! It also provides absolutely no benefit to anyone outside of the Ethereum ecosystem, no arguments from me there. In that sense, the calculations are indeed a giant waste of resources to an outside observer, however, as pointed out by some here already, that energy goes to securing the transactions on the network and that in itself is arguably extremely useful as it vastly reduces the human interaction required to keep things synchronised and to prevent fraud/double-spending etc. You could argue this means people can get indeed get jobs in other areas of life and that could arguably be more productive for the world in general than having loads of people spending their time and effort on carrying out and checking financial transactions.

GPU Mining at home - there's a number of reasons why people might mine, the obvious one being for financial gain. Reasons might include spinning up a mining business for financial profit, or it might be an average home user who fancies earning a few $. Other motivations might be to promote the ideological use of cryptocurrencies as a way to pull currency control away from governments, or it might simply be as one person said, because it's a fun hobby for some! Personally, I'm a home user who has a single GPU mining away 24/7 primarily because I happen to find it really interesting. It doesn't hurt that it also makes a small amount of money in the meantime. I ease my concerns about wasting power and the rising power bill by reminding myself it actually helps heat my house which is a productive use of all that waste heat :) .
All that said, I have mined BTC, DOGE, ETH and a couple of others, and I have invested money simply buying BTC and ETH. I have made WAY more money investing and doing some light trading (primarily for entertainment) compared to mining. If you're thinking about buying a GPU to mine with purely for financial gain, I would highly recommend just buying some cryptos and hanging onto them instead.
Finally on mining, Ethereum will soon (possibly this year, probably later as it keeps getting delayed) switch to Proof-of-Stake mining. This will prevent just anyone from joining in with mining and making money form it. the PoS mechanism will eventually require that you have to own a bunch of Ethereum in order to contribute to the mining process (without some you'll just be ignored by the rest of the network if you try). The details aren't yet concrete, they're still testing and working on what they want for the final version, but anyone anywhere being able to contribute to securing the Ethereum network and/or mining for profit will eventually come to an end. This is probably a good thing in my opinion, by that point enough people should be invested in the network that PoS can safely replace PoW and we can save a whole lot of electricity in the long run!

So from that enormous rant, you can probably guess my opinion is that cryptocurrencies are not a waste of time and effort. I honestly see a cashless future, though this will probably not be in my lifetime. Understanding the potential of cryptocurrencies requires an awful lot of economic thought which I honestly can't get my head round entirely. A form of currency with a fixed supply that absolutely cannot have its number of units increased or decreased (unless agreed by majority consensus of the miners) is not something we've ever had on a global scale before. Can economies function properly long-term like this? Many people much better versed in economic theory will be thinking about this and we'll just have to wait and see.

Well this was ridiculously over the top for a forum thread....

Edit: Forgot to talk about anonymity in blockchains. Really quickly though, everything is recorded so every transaction will always be traceable. However, who submits a transaction is extremely hard to trace, you need to see them send it because once it's propagating around the network the source cannot be determined. It's also important to remember that in the blockchain world, anyone can create a new address at any time for essentially no cost. So I can create myself 10,000 addresses and ping Bitcoin around those addresses like crazy making it much harder to track. The counter to that is that each transaction will cost me a little Bitcoin to perform. However, there are mixing (also known as tumbling) services which are effectively giant money cleaning services - not necessarily for illegal purposes (although clearly good for that). If enough people use a mixing or tumbling service, and that service doesn't keep records (a very key point) then you can have near-perfect anonymity. Other cryptocurrencies attempt a similar thing built into the way they work - Zcash and Monero being two examples.
So anyone claiming that the NSA is tracking everyone using Bitcoin should know that it is actually possible to use cryptocurrencies without being traced. The NSA can watch people who don't put much effort into being anonymous, but if you truly want to hide then it's definitely possible. Where you can catch bad people doing this is on the standard currency side of things, i.e. when someone is suddenly living above the means they can afford according to their tax returns, or has giant lump sums of money appearing in their accounts from currency exchanges etc.

Last edited:
Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Crypto currencies should be banned by law. This crap is the most useless thing humanity has done right after the fidget spinners. Computing some useless numbers, wasting gigawats of power on it for what exactly? Go and do compute on cancer and HIV research, but crypto currency? WHY!? No to mention it fucks up the graphics market yet again.
At least it is not Fiat money!!! But I hope AMD steps up their game to meet demand!

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Crypto currencies should be banned by law. This crap is the most useless thing humanity has done right after the fidget spinners. Computing some useless numbers, wasting gigawats of power on it for what exactly? Go and do compute on cancer and HIV research, but crypto currency? WHY!? No to mention it fucks up the graphics market yet again.
No it's not bad at all it's quite opposite because it puts the currency in the hands of the people and not the corrupt federal reserve and bankers!

No it's not bad at all it's quite opposite because it puts the currency in the hands of the people and not the corrupt federal reserve and bankers!
I really hope comments like that are meant to be jokes...

Processor 11700
Motherboard TUF z590
Memory G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ROG Vega 56
Case Deepcool
Power Supply RM 850
Well that's just the point, rarely are opinions based on fact, if they researched that may prevent them from having the opinion that they want, all too often people have opinions on something's that they have no experience of themselves but they have the right to them nevertheless. Not sure what all this "Freedom of Speech" stuff is, it does not exist on the internet and I don't exercise it here unless it can be done in a mature manner, freedom is earnt and unless it is legislative it remains discretionary :D
Thank you @Tatty_One I do love some intelligence :toast:

People have forgotten how to say "i don't know" for example Lets say i ask a person "You think we'll ever get to Mars" he will reply "not in a thousand years" then i will ask what do you base you answer on do you have knowledge on aerospace engineering , space flight he say no well but I have a right do my opinion. Better be honest and say I don't know.

Most of us live in a free country and yes you should have the right do your opinion you can think the craziest thoughts you want, You should just never be responsible for creating legislation.
Legislation should be based on objective truths not in some belief system.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
So you'd rather currency be controlled by corrupt banks and the fed reserve?

Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
The real joke is the lack of understanding when it comes to Fiat monies! Fiat monies is designed to fail for the population but not for the 1% elite. Wow the lack of understanding of the current state of affairs and all that entails. It would be helpful if maybe you watched a documentary on it or read one. Good luck with your love of Fiat money.:p

Processor 11700
Motherboard TUF z590
Memory G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ROG Vega 56
Case Deepcool
Power Supply RM 850
The real joke is the lack of understanding when it comes to Fiat monies! Fiat monies is designed to fail for the population but not for the 1% elite. Wow the lack of understanding of the current state of affairs and all that entails. It would be helpful if maybe you watched a documentary on it or read one. Good luck with your love of Fiat money.:p

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning"

Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning"
Henry Ford imparting knowledge with in the minds that crave Truth. I pray for infection.....

So you'd rather currency be controlled by corrupt banks and the fed reserve?
Banks don't have any control over money that other private entities don't have. They simply have enough capital to have an impact.

(I'm trying not to react to texts about "corrupt banks" etc. You can call me old or something.)

The real joke is the lack of understanding when it comes to Fiat monies! It would be helpful if maybe you watched a documentary on it or read one.

Behind a fiat money you have a state. The fundament for stability of currency is the constant amount of it. When a state decides to change the amount of money, it always has a great impact on its value. But it's still way more stable than cryptocurrencies.
Also banks mentioned by @remixedcat have nothing to do with stability of a currency in long term. They trade it, which can lead to temporary changes in quote - true. But now they can also trade cryptocurrencies (and they do), so there is no difference in this aspect.

From a financial point of view, the main issue with cryptocurrencies is that there is no control over the amount. Yes, a single currency is limited by the algorithm, but you can create many of them. As long as they hook up miners, they quickly become mainstream.
Some say the total amount of cryptocurrencies is limited by the mining potential and it is more or less true. But estimates are all based on assumptions about the total hashing power in the system. Will these assumptions hold when everyone starts to mine at home? When companies start to make GPUs purely for mining? When people no longer buy a single GPU for gaming, but 4-5? :)

But you can suggest a documentary if you wish. If it's not an obvious conspiracy theory movie, I might as well give it a go. :-D

But putting financial aspect aside (I assume this is not a topic many here will agree with me), I still find the anonymity to be an issue.
And of course I'm not a huge fan of pointless electricity wasting, but - to be honest - I'm not a huge fan of gaming PCs that use 1000W as well. I mean: 15 years ago a PC drawing 100W was fine for gaming at a standard resolution of the period (e.g. 1024 x 768).
And not surprisingly: today you can easily build a PC for 1080p gaming that'll draw 100-150W. You think banks manipulate people? Look how computer stuff manufacturers convince gamers that they need 600W monsters. :-D

You do realize real money is the same.

Its not "real" just created by the bankers.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
No, he doesn't... but I also believe he has been banned from the thread a couple days ago. :)

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
it has been said that if government can print their way out of trouble they will do.. in the end "people" lose faith in the government "money" which to be honest is the only logical reason for the crypto currency craze.. the worlds financial system is basically one huge fraud underpinned by massive debt.. the debt as everybody knows will never be paid back and it keeps increasing.. in truth it is a faith based system and its teetering on the edge of collapse..

everyone owes everyone.. a huge merry go round of debt repayments.. all it takes to go pop is one large default which could be a bank or a government and the chain is broken.. apart from showing a lack of faith in government money i aint entirely sure how crypto currency fits in with the overall financial scheme of things but i find its rapidly increase in value a bit scary.. he he

trog

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
the debt as everybody knows will never be paid back and it keeps increasing.. in truth it is a faith based system and its teetering on the edge of collapse..
Don't worry about the collapse. It won't happen. :)
Yes, everyone borrow from everyone. And it's also true that they might never pay back.
But they pay the interest and this results in a cashflow between countries and institutions. This actually makes the financial system... a system - rather than a group of highly separated entities - which bring stability to the financial world (to go in part with trade- also greatly globalized since we dumped representation money).

Also, while I can agree that financial system is not perfect, aren't we actually comparing state currencies to virtual ones? so do you think the surge of BTC this year is OK? Or what happened to VTC yesterday (+50%)? :)

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
i happen to think the collapse will happen i am also surprised the system has held up this long but arguing against any faith based system is fruitless.. to those who have it.. faith is all powerful.. he he..

so far its all held together by artificially low interest rates which initially were supposed to be a short term measure but cant be "normalized" because any increase in interest rates would make the debt repayments impossible..

i think the rise in crypto currencies is just part of the coming financial collapse.. or a sign of it.. i was looking at a short interview with jim rogers last night.. when ask when the collapse was coming he simply said later this year or next year.. these guys dont like being firm on the "when" but he was about as firm as he could be..

the stock market is massively over valued.. in a bubble so to speak.. money is borrowed for next to nothing and its all pumped into the stock market.. the market keeps going up come what may.. governments print money to buy back their own debt and keep their bond prices up and companies borrow easy money to buy back their own shares and keep the share prices up.. none of its real any more.. :)

trog

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) XFX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850B x 2 / ASUS MG278Q
Case be quiet! Silent Base 802
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster AE-7 / Sennheiser HD 660S
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64
I'm seeing new RX 580 cards listed for over $800, more than the list price for 1080Ti cards. :banghead:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
I'm seeing new RX 580 cards listed for over $800, more than the list price for 1080Ti cards. :banghead:

If Vega is a mining monster, gamers have no chance of buying one... but hey what is new :p