• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yeah I hate paying full price for games and also new bugs so I always wait a while before buying.

Might get lucky and get it for free with a new gpu ;)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
A bit OT but if you haven't played NMS yet, it's actually really good. I think I did myself a favour by ignoring it for over 2 years after launch

It was actually already pretty unique at launch, and lost some of its magic along the way. Still for the better, but yeah. It used to be really rare to find some crafting materials,now you just know what sort of planet to go to, for example. They actually also had more 'weird' generation seeds back then. Lots of it looked samey... but sometimes you'd get onto some planet that was just way out there. That doesn't happen all that much anymore - its more scripted now. Like the sandworm they got - you hit the lucky seed and you get it basically. Back then seeding stuff would react in super strange ways. Safer and less broken perhaps, but the overall variety seems lower today than it used to be.

Also, back in the day the scanner worked differently and you could just fly over planets 'between atmospheric and surface level', keep scanning, and find the landmarks as you flew over. It added a sense of persistence because you could truly go full circle over the planet and see your old markers pass by again. Now you just don't know.

That is also how I got these cool little setups... right now there is no way I believe to get this combination of stats. Freighters? Why? I just added slots to my good old fighter... :)

1608487291871.png

Anyway yeah grossly OT :) But to swing it back on topic.... let's pray CDPR puts the same sort of TLC in Cyberpunk now.

Last edited:
Processor M1 Pro
Motherboard Apple
Cooling Apple
Memory 16GB
Storage 512GB
Display(s) Retina XDR
After the second 16GB update that I received on Friday, the game has been performing much more smoothly on my One X. Looks good, frame rate hits happen much less frequently. Hasn't ever crashed. My dad and brother have each been playing it on One S without much trouble either.

I don't really get it, the X1 versions is even worse (not that it matters much). So why is this one being taken down ?
CDPR said anyone can have a refund if they want.

- { SONY didnt like that }

So they pulled it from their store because Sony are the most strict with refunds

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
The industry need to stop sponsored games then. its a crock of shit. just makes it dodgy imo, here's a backhander to make sure you implement our GPU tech how is that not dodgy.
I fully agree with you. Just wanted to point out the fact that CyberPunk is a sponsored NV game and maybe that is also what might have had an impact on the ps4 Cyber-crap-punk release due to putting more emphasis on the RT instead making the RT more of an add feature.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
D

Deleted member 24505

My point is, No game producer/developer should take money(which i am sure they do) to plug or promote either AMD or Nvidia.

My point is, No game producer/developer should take money(which i am sure they do) to plug or promote either AMD or Nvidia.
Why? Seriously? What do you care? Business is business and whether or not companies work together to cross promote is none of ours.

D

Deleted member 24505

Why? Seriously? What do you care? Business is business and whether or not companies work together to cross promote is none of ours.

another proof that the world is governed by greed. shame so many people don't give a fuck, well done

another proof that the world is governed by greed. shame so many people don't give a fuck, well done
What, you think the world runs for free? Business entities exist for two reasons, to provide a service or product and to make money. It's how the world works. There is nothing wrong with two companies partnering up to do something that will promote their mutual business interests. To make it sound nefarious is a demonstration that you do not understand a very basic part of life.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Whoa, shit just got real for CDPR, sad to see them fall from grace after releasing the Witcher games, it felt like they could do no wrong.

Their shady tactics holding review codes for the console versions of the games really backfired, what were they thinking?

Wonder how MS will handle this debacle, apparently it was easier to get a refund from them if you bought the game on Xbox than if you bought the game on PS4.

Sony did the right thing in my opinion, the game should've never been released for consoles in the state it did

See the XXX plugin? Im sure many parents wouldn't even notice. It kinda blew my socks off seeing a game like this.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
This was a Shit-Show for sure.
If modern PCs have issues running this game, why did Sony & Micro$oft think last gen consoles would run it fine? Then lie about it by using PC Gaming footage masquerading as PlayStation 4 footage?
The PS5 & Xbox SX are more than capable in running this game with respectfully good quality settings, the most recent bug and performance patch adds to that conclusion quite nicely.
BTW, Merry Christmas All,

I think specific promotions are a good thing, it helps market the game, market the GPU coupled with the game, it helps sponsor developers and producers, it allows them to set goals and to achieve those goals.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. The only time it becomes problematic is when the game is deliberately set to run like crap on the competitions hardware. Though hard to prove, this has happened a few times in the past, where Nvidia specific game titles weren't performing as well on Radeon GPUs. Eventually being patched up by the good old AMD.

D

Deleted member 24505

This was a Shit-Show for sure.
If modern PCs have issues running this game, why did Sony & Micro$oft think last gen consoles would run it fine? Then lie about it by using PC Gaming footage masquerading as PlayStation 4 footage?
The PS5 & Xbox SX are more than capable in running this game with respectfully good quality settings, the most recent bug and performance patch adds to that conclusion quite nicely.
BTW, Merry Christmas All,

I think specific promotions are a good thing, it helps market the game, market the GPU coupled with the game, it helps sponsor developers and producers, it allows them to set goals and to achieve those goals.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. The only time it becomes problematic is when the game is deliberately set to run like crap on the competitions hardware. Though hard to prove, this has happened a few times in the past, where Nvidia specific game titles weren't performing as well on Radeon GPUs. Eventually being patched up by the good old AMD.

Imo it is paid advertising by the sponsor, same as the way certain tv programs are sponsored by specific products, just to get their product name splashed in view. Games should not be produced/edited or anything else in favour of any brand. it is just big payoff for the games producer. i reckon biggest payer gets the sponsor ship. Just Nvidia has more cash to splash than AMD so more games end up sponsored by them. In some way its the same with the monitors favouring Nvidia or Amd gpu's when they should be optimised for whatever GPU you have.

Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Imo it is paid advertising by the sponsor, same as the way certain tv programs are sponsored by specific products, just to get their product name splashed in view. Games should not be produced/edited or anything else in favour of any brand. it is just big payoff for the games producer. i reckon biggest payer gets the sponsor ship. Just Nvidia has more cash to splash than AMD so more games end up sponsored by them. In some way its the same with the monitors favouring Nvidia or Amd gpu's when they should be optimised for whatever GPU you have.
Fair Enough,
I've seen that with the Monitors. And Nvidia took advantage of AMDs FreeSync by plastering all over that FreeSync is GeForce Graphics Compatible. Nvidia will do anything to keep the spot like on them and away from its competitors, primarily AMD in this scenario.
Nvidia is in the business of Graphics and Technology, I understand this, but they are a Snake with Venom too, and an untrustworthy one at that. :laugh:

quakebox

Good news, this game is filled with inappropriate images I bought it on PC and tested it for 3 hours then asked for a refund, to be honest it's a bad game, bugs, disgusted by a nude scene was afraid that some family members come to the room and ask me what's this, they ruined it with the nudity now it's a shame to have in my library I need to remove it.

Good news, this game is filled with inappropriate images I bought it on PC and tested it for 3 hours then asked for a refund, to be honest it's a bad game, bugs, disgusted by a nude scene was afraid that some family members come to the room and ask me what's this, they ruined it with the nudity now it's a shame to have in my library I need to remove it.
To be fair, the game is not for children or even teenagers. Maybe it's best you uninstalled it.

To be fair, the game is not for children or even teenagers. Maybe it's best you uninstalled it.
I was playing Wolfenstein II The New Colossus, then all of a sudden there was a pretty graphic s*x scene and had to quickly turn off my monitor and speakers.
Ya my 10 year old was watching me play, he does that sometimes if he's not on his Nintendo Switch.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Nothing I've seen so far would compel me to buy this game.
If it came with a gpu purchase would be the only way I'd have it and likely wouldn't even play it like the others I got for gpu purchases in the past.

quakebox

It's not normal to have nudity in games this new fad should be fought in court because most players are kids or family members who play in a family environment.

Plus this game has goofy dialogs does not matche the hype I have put this developer in my blacklist. Will never buy anything from them again.

It's not normal to have nudity in games this new fad should be fought in court because most players are kids or family members who play in a family environment.
Wow... When was the last time you were on Steam? They have a very large selection of "Adult" games. I personally don't care for them and have enabled the blocking options to keep them out of my Steam experience. However, comparing CP2077 to those kind of games is a perfect example of making a mountain out of a mole hill. Quit blowing things out of proportion. In CP2077 if you don't want to see or use a function that you find distasteful, you don't have to. It's a choice, one you can avoid.

Plus this game has goofy dialogs does not matche the hype I have put this developer in my blacklist. Will never buy anything from them again.
That's a personal perspective and you're welcome to it. Cutting off your nose to spite your face seems like a fools gambit but it's all good, you be you.

Last edited: