• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
Arjai
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Heatware System Specs About

• Well, got called to work Fri. morning, one of my days off. :( Oh well, money is money. Kinda' screwed up my plans but, I am still going to have time for one thing, but it wasn't the fun thing. I was gonna do a couple fun things then do the un- fun thing. But, since I have to work...I will only have time for that one, since the other places close early.
    Yesterday, the plan was to get some gas before work. Got the call to come in early and decided it could wait until after work. Rode in with the fuel gauge blinking the whole way. Found a gas station online with non ethanol gas and went there after work, 11:30-ish. Turns out it was in a rather sketchy neighborhood, on the North end of downtown Mpls. Went well but, not my first choice of places.:eek:
    Got a call this morning, Tuesday, and went in for a double, after 5 hours of sleep. Rode my Motorcycle home in the rain, went to brd, couldn't sleep. So, shower and shave and now this. Soon as my hair dries a bit, back to bed. This week, 7 shifts in 5 days, ends today, Wed. at 11 pm. Hope I can get through it! :sleep:
    Just got home from my 2 12 hour shifts, Sat & Sun. I wanted to stop by the bar but, they closed early (it's been happening more, lately). So, I am gonna finish the bottle of wine, I opened Thu., and call it a night. Maybe watch a YouTube vid, or two. Then get up before work, I leave for work just before 2pm, and run some errands.
    I made an appointment, on Friday, a 'warmish day' to get my suspension fixed on my NEW motorcycle. I rode it around, last Friday, meandering around to Bob's and then back home-ish, had to pay the parking garage. Upshot, though, bike is like riding a effing Hard Tail. I called this morning, "Well 'Sport' Bike's are set up kinda stiff".
    Arjai
    Arjai
    This bike...I love it but, it is beating the sh...t outta me! Since the weather is gonna be nicer on Tuesday, I am gonna ride to work. I am gonna ride the freeway there, and hope I can walk afterwards! Hopefully, Dayton is as good as he thinks he is, and just neglected to set it up, before I insisted to take it home. They wanted another week, because of a backordered part (pass. grab bar, that I don't care about).
    the54thvoid
    the54thvoid
    Hope you get it sorted out.
    B
    basco
    sorry if i am dumb but where is the picture?

ok got it
    In just a couple hours, I am getting a ride to go pick up my NEW motorcycle! It is nearly finished, one part on back order (passenger grab bar) that I can stop in, next week, to get installed. I am going to go to BOB's to get a new Jacket, Mesh, then to the parking garage to pay for a spot. Oh, it's a Kawasaki z900 RS.

Attachments

• Z900RS.jpg
      Z900RS.jpg
      84.1 KB · Views: 829
    Everything went well with the purchase of the bike. Joel, the owner of the shop, said the bank he uses for loans said I was good for a $9000 loan. So, financing the $6500was easy. 860 for freight, 675 for labor, I'm having a kit installed, 938.60 for taxes,125 fee for documents, 70.50 for license and 1955.95 for said parts. The extra 2 grand is part of the bike price.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    Should be able to pick it up in about 7-10 days. Oh, and I insured the bike for 365.39 for the year. I called a guy who gave me a card last month. He didn't answer so, I went online. Found a place in Wisconsin, Dairyland Cycle Insurance, and compared it to some of the big named insurance quotes...Dairyland won by over 100 a year, 700 a year from the last place I insured!!:rockout:
    Arjai
    Arjai
    Oh, and it's more than just basic. 30/ 60,000 injury (req. 25/ 50) 25g property damage (not req.) 60g comprehensive (100 deductible) 60g collision (500 deductible) Diminishing deduct, roadside assist, Trip Interruption and replacement costs(last 4 optional). Side by side, item line by item line (both the others were the min req for injury). More for less, can't beat it!!
    Big day tomorrow/today. I am getting a ride to the dealer's and I am going to put a down payment. $9000, on a new bike! 1st brand new Motorcycle! All these years, I have always bought used bikes and fixed them up. But, I am tired of carburetors and I am biting the bullet, KZ900 RS. I had a Z900 back in the 90's.
    Ok, so, working 2 doubles now, instead 1 tomorrow. Someone called in and the other guy that should work it, so I don't have 2 doubles back to back, won't answer his phone, as usual. I am leaving in a couple minutes and won't be home until after midnight Thu morning. Fun!?:ohwell:
    I left for work, about 5 minutes ago to catch a train to work. Got within feet of the station and realized my pocket, that I keep my work card, id, train pass and bank card, was empty. So, I watched the train arriving as I walked back to my apartment. Now, I am gonna be late, I hate rushing out the door!!
    I literally just got lost reading toot's, or post's, on Mastodon. I read an article in Wired, FEB issue, and decided to check it out. so, still a noob there but, gonna see what up there. So far, so good. The server I joined seems interesting, so far. Anyone else here migrated over there, from Twit?
    the54thvoid
    the54thvoid
    Never engaged with Twitter - thought about Mastodon but I use Instagram for specific reasons. I heard it's quite different, very decentralised and that you join specific servers.
    Arjai
    Arjai
    Right, there is no owner of it. It is run on some platform and people host servers all over the world. Some are specific, topical, work related, invite only, and so on. Most are open to anyone, and you can contact anyone despite the server they're on. Eventually, I am gonna search some of my twitter folks up on Mastodon, eventually, not on my priority list, though.
    Well, only had one day off this week, Thursday. 64 hours this week! Hopefully, no extra shifts this coming week, I am scheduled 48 hours for a 5 day period. I would like one regular week, this month, please? LOL. I know I have an extra shift, week after this week so, this is the only opportunity to have 2 days off!
    • Wow
    Reactions: stinger608
    caroline!
    caroline!
    Why do you enjoy suffering?
    Arjai
    Arjai
    The suffering has a goal in mind. At the end of this month, March, I will have enough money saved up to purchase a brand new motorcycle. It's been a goal of mine for the last year. I have had motorcycles before but, never a new one, always used ones that I had to fix up and work on to use. I am excited!
    So, got home a few hours ago, snowstorm meant my bus, last night, wasn't running the whole route. Fortunately, the Hotel, in our bld., gives Security free rooms when stuff like this happens. I overslept and didn't get home until 3:15-ish this afternoon. Now, time for eats and drinks!
    Well, trying to get a load of laundry done b4 work. I have a double,16hr, shift on Wed. I will be staying at the Hotel, security gets discounted rate, Tue evening. So, I need fresh undies and socks, hoping to have it done today. Since I want to sleep in b4 work tomorrow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…