• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

Plainn

Hello out there to anyone who may be reading. It seems I've stumbled upon a pretty cool section of the internet. Just installed Ghost Spectre (a modded light version of Windows 11), couldn't help but notice the words "Sound (Mod)" in the little toolbox they left me on the Desktop. Curiously, I said fuck it. Now, I'm sitting at an install menu wondering what any of this means. Does anyone have a little guide with them? Just to brief me a little on the process of installation and what they are? I am so captivated.

1700519121405.png

Hello out there to anyone who may be reading. It seems I've stumbled upon a pretty cool section of the internet. Just installed Ghost Spectre (a modded light version of Windows 11), couldn't help but notice the words "Sound (Mod)" in the little toolbox they left me on the Desktop. Curiously, I said fuck it. Now, I'm sitting at an install menu wondering what any of this means. Does anyone have a little guide with them? Just to brief me a little on the process of installation and what they are? I am so captivated.

View attachment 322456

Install AAF Optimus Bus Driver:

Motherboards with Intel Chipset may come with an audio processor that offloads some tasks from the CPU. Those includes voice recognition and wake on voice but may be more. A modded driver may bypass this so Alan has included a driver.

Install 5.1 Digital Audio Feature:

Enables the main functionality of this modded driver you just downloaded. It comes with 3 flavors. Dolby and DTS individualy through their own driver ( APO ) and Realtek through a patched APO that supports both. You may choose any but to start with, you should pick Realtek as it allows you to try both and install the software that controls both ( UWP apps that you can see in the next point)

Install DTS:

It adjust the driver so you use any of the DTS apps ( either DTS Studio Sound / DTS:X Ultra and DTS sound unbound ) You should try each if you like or Google to see how they look and what controls they offer but you can also look for pictures in this thread.

Install Creative is the same as above. Then below you may pick a licence type that allows you to enable either 360 or 720. Same here, look for pictures or Google to check what they offer.

Install Dolby is same as above .
Install A-Volute is same as above .

Install the ASIO driver is just optional as some apps requires this kind of driver to manage sound channels ( imagine Abbleton or some DJ software or any known as DAWs software ) .

Once you decided for one after you tried , just pick either Dolby or Creative or DTS as selecting ( and enabling ) all of them can introduce delay in the sound and distort it pretty much. So same when you are trying the UWP apps that controls the mods.

Processor AMD FX-8320 (running at 4.2Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula (Bios version 3029)
Cooling Stock CPU + 120mm Case Fan
Memory Kinsgton 8Gb (4x2Gb) DDR3 1333mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8Gb
Storage WD SSD 120Gb (OS), WD 500Gb (Games); WD 250Gb (Data); Maxtor 200gb (Sw/Tools)
Display(s) 3 Multimonitor: Asus 22", LG 20", and Samsung 20"
Case Cooler Master AMMO
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi MB Supreme FX (VIA VT2020); Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Sound System
Power Supply Tagan Modular 800W
Mouse A4 Tech X7
Keyboard Asus Wireless
Software Windows 10 Pro (x64), Version 1809
After upgrading/installing the latest version with Sound Blaster Connect (Cinema 5) or Sound Blaster Connect 2 (720), the Sound Blaster Connect app only shows stereo. 5.1 and 7.1 options are missing.
Any help?

MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi

Already tried 3 times, and used DriverExplorer to remove any driver and APO.

Phoenix_1024

Hi everyone,

Just registered here in order to resolve the issue.

For some reason, AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-2023-10-22.7z does not work for me.
The installation process does not report any issues. However, there is no sound after the OS reboot.

Event viewer constantly reports the issues similar to this:
Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0xc4f60986
Faulting module name: DolbyAPOvlldp150.dll, version: 3.30508.581.0, time stamp: 0x64645d65
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000f0e1
Faulting process id: 0x0x5320
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA314E0C9F4065
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DolbyAPOvlldp150.dll

My OS is Win 11 (10.0.22631.2861)
MB - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX with Realtek ALC897
I tried to use KGA Automatic Configuration and cleaned everything that I could. It did not help at all.
I found a new version of Dolby and integrated that into the package and it did not help. It's just no sound at all.

Any guess?

Good afternoon, I have hyperX cloud stinger core wireless dts headphones and
msi z270-a-pro motherboard with alc 892 chip. Please advise which options to choose during installation.
Ashampoo_Snap_2023.12.24_15h01m02s_004_.png

HyperX cloud stinger core wireless is a USB based device, it has nothing to do with Realtek ALC 892, they are separate.

HyperX cloud stinger core wireless is a USB based device, it has nothing to do with Realtek ALC 892, they are separate.
I'm understood, thank you . Should I install AAF Optimus Bus Driver and dts sound studio or dts ultra with dts sound unbound?

I am guessing you are focusing on the HyperX, well I looked at it quickly online and it should already be licensed to use DTS Headphones:X but it appears to be version 1 (APO3).
To upgrade it you will want DTS Ultra with Sound Unbound to get DTS Headphones:X version 2 (APO4), although I am not sure what the outcome will be.

No you don't want the bus driver, that appears to be for onboard Intel. Normally you don't install a bus driver at all.
The bus driver also has nothing to do with hardware offload, Lucky8 has that a bit wrong.

----

On a side note, there is no such thing as a Realtek HDA bus, or Realtek bus driver, that's down to the chipset driver for your motherboard, my HDA bus is AMD.

Я предполагаю, что вы сосредотачиваетесь на HyperX, ну, я быстро посмотрел его в Интернете, и он уже должен быть лицензирован для использования DTS Headphones:X, но, похоже, это версия 1 (APO3).
Чтобы обновить его, вам понадобится DTS Ultra с Sound Unbound, чтобы получить DTS Headphones:X версии 2 (APO4), хотя я не уверен, каким будет результат.

Нет, вам не нужен драйвер шины, который, похоже, предназначен для встроенной Intel. Обычно драйвер автобуса вообще не устанавливается.
Драйвер шины также не имеет никакого отношения к аппаратной разгрузке, Lucky8 немного ошибается.

----

Кстати, нет такого понятия, как шина Realtek HDA или драйвер шины Realtek, это связано с драйвером чипсета для вашей материнской платы, моя шина HDA - AMD.
I installed the dts sound unbound app from the Microsoft Store, but this application does not have an equalizer. Will I have equalizer if I install DTS Ultra with Sound Unbound? This was the last question :D thanks for the help

DTS Ultra does, but I am not 100% sure if it will run on your HyperX, not something I have tried.

Please note that HDAudio and USB are different.

Spatial sound turns out to be selected dts:x Ultra, but in the dts:x Ultra application the presets are not active, unfortunately. But the sound suits me, in general I'm happy.
Ashampoo_Snap_2023.12.24_17h24m01s_003_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2023.12.24_17h26m01s_004_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2023.12.24_17h26m30s_005_.png

Phoenix_1024

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

I solved the problem a couple of days ago. Here is what I did:
1) After driver uninstallation, I cleaned the registry with the latest DDU version and everything related to Realtek.
2) Installed the new AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.9618.1 released 2 days ago.

The only issue I found yesterday is that DTS components are not activated anymore, which is not a big deal to me.

@TinTin Win, I suspected that would happen. The DTS Ultra, APO file will probably need to be changed to support your device.
The DTS service will run on USB and other types, but not the provided APO file, which should be HDA only.

----

Also note if anyone finds a DTS APO4, APO.dll that's runs on random USB devices, let me know and I'll patch it and give it to AAF.
I personally don't have time to test APO files on different devices, that I don't have to test with.

I have another APO file that runs on OEM specific device configs (Realtek), but I don't have any USB to test with.

Another workaround is to convert a USB or ROOT device into HDA (via registry), then DTS will run.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

I solved the problem a couple of days ago. Here is what I did:
1) After driver uninstallation, I cleaned the registry with the latest DDU version and everything related to Realtek.
2) Installed the new AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.9618.1 released 2 days ago.

The only issue I found yesterday is that DTS components are not activated anymore, which is not a big deal to me.

If you open service manager ( Windows key plus X key then > Computer Management > Services ) , is there a DTS related service or similarly named and can you see if it is stopped or running ?

MERRY X-MAS TO YOU ALL GUYS!

Phoenix_1024

If you open service manager ( Windows key plus X key then > Computer Management > Services ) , is there a DTS related service or similarly named and can you see if it is stopped or running ?

MERRY X-MAS TO YOU ALL GUYS!
Yeah, DTS APO4 Service is there, and it's running.
However, when I open DTS Sound Unbound settings, I see an 'offer' to try 14-days.

It's okay; I was not impressed with DTS anyway. The idea was to try it with FiiO K7.
The funny thing is that Creative Alchemy works even when I switch my K7 from TOSLINK to USB input, essentially to a different sound card.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

However, when I open DTS Sound Unbound settings, I see an 'offer' to try 14-days.

Disable Windows store auto-updates, uninstall Sound Unbound, install provided.
Provided will use the DTS Ultra license, updated requires stand-alone license.

----

If you are like me and own Sound Unbound via account, you can use the latest.
For the DTS:X Ultra mode (moved), select headphones type: none.

It would be easier if DTS renamed the spatial mode to Sound Unbound.
Then in the app, put headphones or speaker selection (not none).

Last edited:
It's okay; I was not impressed with DTS anyway. The idea was to try it with FiiO K7.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

You may find entertaining playing around with Equalizer APO and Hesuvi. I recently discovered a software wrapper for Creative's OpenAL so I'm re- living my old games with spatialized sound, direct transfer to speakers and a very customizable APO

Some more information in relation the the audio bus and driver, in my case no specific driver (generic Microsoft).
Hardware offload APO and proxy APO is done at the SFX-MFX-EFX point, within the audio engine.

Currently I do not use offload APO's or proxy APO's, all CPU (system, software), no 'in place'.

Attachments

• HD Audio Controller (Bus).png
    HD Audio Controller (Bus).png
    367.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Latency - Playing Music.png
    Latency - Playing Music.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Execution - SPDIF Optical.png
    Execution - SPDIF Optical.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
That's probably VoiceMeeter its self, I remember an older version of Boom3D with similar issues.

blatslap

Any way to bring back the Realtek Equalizer and Realteks Virtual Surround
or am I gonna be forced to use Dolby Surround and would i still be able to use the Realtek Equalizer (if we can "Recover" it)
Also whats the difference between this and only HDAUDIO which one do i need
(Oh seems one is based on Realtek)

Last edited: