• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

I am studying the related files on the system and will be enabling support.

Send the hardware ID of the other device present on your system. "ASTRO A50 Game
A50 Voice
USB\VID_9886&PID_002C&REV_0000&MI_00
USB\VID_9886&PID_002C&MI_00

A50 Game
USB\VID_9886&PID_002C&REV_0000&MI_03
USB\VID_9886&PID_002C&MI_03

Lucas_Marmol

My Current setup is PC > AVR (HDMI graphics card) and wanted my PC to send audio untouched to the receiver. I'm able to do that playing video files through media players, but not through browsers or other media apps like Stremio, which send LPCM audio to my receiver. When playing videos in media players I get 5.1 sound, but when I play in browsers for instance I only get 2.0 sound. It's all very frustrating as nothing seems to work.

Observation: I get DD+ with the Netflix app for instance. I managed to get (for a very brief period of time) DD+ through browser with an edge extension. I get DD+ for movies with Dolby Atmos when I install Dolby Access from the Microsoft Store (but then I get no sound from the movies that don't have Dolby Atmos when spatial sound is enabled). I looked through the Netflix code in devloper tools when I start streaming something in a browser, I see that the browser doesn't recognize my setup (5.1 channels). It's not a browser problem since Stremio also sends LPCM audio to the receiver.

I figured out it must be a codec/driver problem, since it's possible to what I want with Netflix app and/or Dolby Access installed, but there so many driver mods to choose from, and the installation is so time-consuming, I'm a little bit overwhelmed. I tried the AAF driver, followed all advices contained in this thread, with no luck + windows got slower, audio was unstable (sometimes it would work sometimes not, no sound can be heard, but you can see the sound being played, etc) (my AVR would still not show the DD in the display, only LPCM), every setting related to audio got buggy (audio output in the taskbar wasn't even visible, although I could see it in the windows settings pannel).

I only want my PC to send audio for the avr to decode. Which driver is able to do that? my realtek soundcard is ALC269vc and my dedicated graphic card is from Nvidia (1660 ti), laptop with windows 11. I saw someone in this thread mention the repack from alanfox2000's blog for what I was looking for. Can that driver do what I'm trying to do? Does this one supposed to do that as well? What about the Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver and Realtek Modded Audio Driver?

Last edited:

Journeym

Hello.
Im new here, just wanted to understand, can i use this driver on my ALC1200 to output DTS to SPDIF?

Lucas_Marmol

After a few days of trying to make this work, I got it working, partially. I managed to get my browser to send DD+ for the AVR do decode (instead of LPCM) and the number of channels was correct (per Netflix stats for nerds).

But there’s a big problem, PC only sends audio correctly to AVR when Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is enabled (even though my AVR doesn’t support it) and when I stream Atmos media. When I play non-Atmos media, there’s no sound,

I don’t exactly what I did, since the troubleshooting involved changing edid, updating nvidia driver with modified NVIDIA files, tweaking alanfox2000’s APO driver with its many presets, installing the files in Alanfox2000’s for making the enhancers work, installing AAF HD Audio driver over the NVIDIA drivers, and few more things that I probably can’t remember.

Replacing the XML file of the DolbyAPO folder I think is the action that made it all work, but I’m not sure.

I restored my Windows since I did so many things and it was kinda of broken. I wanted to replicate what I did right and this time make passthrough/bitstream work outside of Atmos media. Maybe you guys could help me?

I wanted to know a few things about Dolby as well. AAF only includes Dolby Atmos in his pack, but does that driver includes everything else in the Dolby codecs portfolio (DD, DD+ and TrueHD)?

About APO Drivers, what are the differences between the many Dolby Drivers (PCEE, DAX, DS1, various Atmos)? Which is the best one? Should I choose only one when installing APO Drivers? Also, Dolby Dax API service is the only I can’t install because of administrator privileges (even though I click in the exe to run as as administrator)?

This shouldn’t be this hard. I’m kinda losing my mind over it.

namtih

Hello everyone,

should this mod work with an Realtek ALC897 on an ASRock N100DC-ITX via HDMI?
After nearly 4 hours trying with different combinations I don't get it working.

All installs fine, but it seems that the HDMI connection keeps the default Windows driver and not AAF.
Any help please?

1. Clean Windows 10 installation.
aaf-error-clean.jpg

2. Installing Intel Chipset, Intel Graphic and AAF Mod
aaf-error-setup.jpg

3. Result in device manager.
And I think the last 3 entries should also have something with AAF, right?
aaf-error-devices.jpg

4. I can hear sound from the TV, but all applications can't find the audio devices and I can't modify the audio.
So it's just the basic Windows audio, not AAF.
aaf-error-sb.jpg

5. These are the device IDs.
aaf-error-id-hdmi.jpg
aaf-error-id-hdmi2.jpg
aaf-error-id-hdmi3.jpg

namtih

Any help to my post above please?
Am I missing something?

When I try to add the driver manually via device manager "Add legacy hardware",
I can choose the AAF DCH Optimus Audio - Intel (or Intel SST) from the list, but it ends with the error "Access denied".

I've removed all audio and graphic drivers with DDU.

1. Then I've installed AAF and got an inactive Intel audio.
aaf-error-intel.jpg

2. After installation of the Intel graphic drivers the Intel audio is still inactive and I got the two additional HD audio back.
I really don't get it what I'm doing wrong.
Any help would really be appreciated.
@AAF Optimus
@Ferather (?)
aaf-error-intel-graphics.jpg

Last edited:
this one have good volume output but all enhancement are gone from sound's control panel

zais

hi tx for hd audio updates, btw cannot extract AAF DCH Optimus Audio (Signed) (First 2024 Version.zip must use / install application to do so, also can we have logitech g560 support inf driver thanks

Chasefan26

Is there any suport for usb audio devices that use or can use the default usb audio device driver?

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
Is there any suport for usb audio devices that use or can use the default usb audio device driver?
with what iv linked yes with the original posters drivers no

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
What do you mean for iv? And the device that i want to have the apo enhancements is an A4tech headset
ust dolby atmos for headphones not this dolby for headphones has 5.1 / 7.1 vertulazation

ecz3

hi, thanks for your work on these drivers, been great!
have an issue regarding the ASIO driver, can't get it to work with Voicemeeter, whenever I set it up as a source the app freezes intermittently.
any help is greatly appreciated
Win 11 23H2 b3447, Realtek ALC897

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."

Wouldn't be surprised if Alan's project was taken down due to a copyright complaint from Dolby, DTS or Creative, as one of the primary features of the driver is to "unlock" (read: pirate) things like Atmos, and his driver package actually does contain the copyrighted code.

Either way, he stopped developing the driver, so could very well have taken the git down himself.

At least Dolby has a history of fighting this specific driver, Atmos entitlement on Alan's driver is routinely nuked, it was nice but I ended up purchasing a license to use Atmos, just wasn't worth reinstalling every week.

Last edited:

nord_sir

Since Alan's git is down, would someone be willing to upload and post a link to the latest AAF Optimus DCH Audio Realtek driver version 10.11.9655.1?

Last edited:

zakopiotr353

In a thread covering "Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO," Alan informed everyone that, quoting "Dear TechPowerUp members.

I would like to hereby inform you that I will no longer continue with the Realtek driver modding projects due to lack of availability and the fact that I am putting new priorities in my personal life.

I would like to sincerely thank all the members of this forum who have been patient with me and welcomed me with open arms in March 2017.

Thank you all." So, I would like to salute all enthusiasts, Alan's drivers as well as himself, because he has done a good job since he joined this forum. I wish you all the best Alan, if you are reading this. Greetings

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Usually that wont make ppl drop their github repo.

Which is why I suspect that there might have been a DMCA involved. Hopefully he'll come and clear the air for the community sometime.

nord_sir

AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack.zip ~ pixeldrain
This is month old, and for me it never worked correctly, some error in the menu, and drivers not installing, so maybe corrupt somehow
This seems different from the one I was using before. It doesn't have the patched DD+DTS, nor does it have the Realtek Audio Control app. Thank you though.

And also, with regard to Alan, thanks for your hard work!

Last edited: