• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 - Does undervolting CPU affect turbo boost?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I'm not having any throttling issues
Your screenshot shows that Speed Shift Max is set to 30 instead of 40. That means you are throttling your computer. Not sure why anyone would do that but I will assume that you are doing this to reduce heat.

Checking the MMIO Lock box disables the MMIO power limit from controlling your CPU. Some laptops randomly change this power limit to ridiculously low vales. If you do not have that problem then you do not need to check the Lock option. If you do have that problem, checking the Lock box prevents this power limit from being changed.

Clearing the Disable Power Limit Control box ensures that the MSR power limits are maintained at the requested values of 45W, 56W and 28 seconds. When this box is checked, ThrottleStop will ignore any changes that your computer might make to the MSR power limits. If the MSR power limits are not being changed by your computer, and if you are happy with the default 45W and 56W power limits, you do not need to clear the Disable Power Limit Control box.

ThrottleStop reports what the power limits are set to in real time. If your computer makes any changes, the new values will show up in this monitoring panel. This currently shows that everything is OK. Your CPU has all of the power limits set to their default values.

1636133469867.png

Hello, I just wanted to confirm that the save function in throttlestop is only there to save settings once you restart your computer? I notice the settings I applied remain even when I switch profiles.