• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel 13th Gen Support?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
13th gen CPUs issue
As I mentioned, Biostar may never allow you to disable Undervolt Protection. Intel would like it if all motherboards enabled UVP and disabled undervolting.

If being able to undervolt your CPU and run it 20°C cooler is important to you then I would return your Biostar motherboard and look for something else.

I wish there was a website that listed what B760 and B660 motherboards allow undervolting and what BIOS versions and microcode versions they use. You can try asking other owners in this forum what boards they are using to undervolt.

Rakan95

As I mentioned, Biostar may never allow you to disable Undervolt Protection. Intel would like it if all motherboards enabled UVP and disabled undervolting.

If being able to undervolt your CPU and run it 20°C cooler is important to you then I would return your Biostar motherboard and look for something else.

I wish there was a website that listed what B760 and B660 motherboards allow undervolting and what BIOS versions and microcode versions they use. You can try asking other owners in this forum what boards they are using to undervolt.
Thanks a lot @unclewebb you have been really helpful... I might have to return it and buy a Z series board but then again some of those already have UVP or something idk... Idk if I should risk it....

For now I am still able to use TS to reduce my Turbo Limits and lower my temps for example running the P-cores on 4.9 max instead of 5.1...
Hopefully they fix this issue later for everyone.

Xetroc

Good afternoon! I just purchased a Lenovo Legion 7i with the i9-13900HX. Could I trouble you for the Throttlestop 9.5.1 version please?
Thank you kindly @unclewebb

Dizaym

Hi, I use Acer Helios 16 13900HX but undervolting is locked. Can I have 9.5.1 please?

unclewebb

undervolting is locked
If undervolting is locked, a different version of ThrottleStop is probably not going to change anything. I sent you a download link. Post a screenshot of the FIVR window. Make sure VBS and core isolation memory integrity are disabled.

LedBlind

Hello.
XTU has been used to test undervolting with good result. Seems XTU values are overwritten each time the power profile is changed like when the power cord is unplugged.

A more automatic approach would be nice.

Id like a link for the intel 13th Throlttlestop please. Thankyou in advance.!

AlexGyn

@unclewebb Hi. I have an Asus Rog Strix Scar 16 (G634jz) with an I9 13980hx processor, can I get the beta version of TrottleStop?

Bahnzii

@unclewebb Thanks for everything Throttlestop, been using it for years!! I just recently got an Asus ROG Scar 16 w/13980hx, I'd love to get a link to your beta version of 9.5.x so I can do some proper undervolting :)
Cheers!!

0sanju

@unclewebb
Thanks for developing this gorgeous app.
May i ask you a link of beta version throttlestop too?
I would like to apply my Asus zenbook pro duo, 13900h.
Thank you a lot!!

huttar

@unclewebb Could you please also send me a link to get 9.51? Just got my new Thinkpad with 1365U and it's horribly loud. Sadly, the current version doesn't seem to support undervolting on this CPU. Thank you very much!

unclewebb

I sent you a download link. The bad news is that your CPU does not support CPU voltage control. Intel removed that useful feature from the majority of their CPUs. Post a picture of the FIVR window if you have any questions.

Same as above. The HX processors support CPU voltage control as long as a manufacturer does not enable Undervolt Protection. Undervolting is not a feature of the regular H series processors. This is going to tick off a lot of users. Intel wants to make some extra cash by forcing users to buy the more expensive HX processors if they want voltage control.

huttar

Thank you so much, this is quite a shock... Indeed, all the options are greyed out in the FIVR window. Seems like my new laptop will never run as quiet as my 5 year old one. Great job Intel!

Attachments

• fivr.png
    fivr.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 134

unclewebb

all the options are greyed out
Undervolting was sometimes locked out on 11th Gen and earlier CPUs. With a few UEFI tricks, you could unlock undervolting and everything was good.

On 12th and 13th Gen CPUs, new TS shows Not Available. Intel has removed FIVR undervolting. It is unlikely that anyone will ever find a way to add FIVR control to the H and U series CPUs.

1682527599408.png

huttar

Damn, ist it available with the P series such as 1370P? I might have just got this one instead then.

huttar

Thank you for the information, so basically everyone with a thin and light portable machine is out. Crazy...

tputh

I want to try low voltage on an Asus G18 i9-13980HX. can you please provide a link to ThrottleStop 9.5.1?

nikttaki

Hello @unclewebb
Can I please try ThrottleStop 9.5.1 version for i9-13900HX (Legion 7 gen 8)?
ThrottleStop is the best!! Great work!

jboze

@unclewebb
Hello Uncleweb, long-time user of TS 9.5 here. Just got a 13th gen laptop and would really appreciate it if you could send me the 9.5.1 beta. It seems you've been getting many such requests, so I do apologize for adding to the dogpile. Thank you for your time and efforts.