• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Massive problems with RTX series cards artifacting and dying

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I had 2 Gainward 2080TI GS cards one of them had imediate arifacting on stock clocks the second card black screened after just 5-10 minutes of gaming, i sent them back and bought a Palit Gaming Pro OC from a local Dealer and the card worked for a week with no problems and then had on black screen and did freeze my pc, after a restart there was permanent artifacting even on bootup and widows desktop, i sent it back now i have a Palit 2080Ti Dual and it is working fine for 5 days, but lets see what happens next.

Holy crap that is unfortunate. Did you verify serial numbers for each replacement? I'd write em all down at this point, so you don't get refurbed duds sent to you.

But your story does underline there is a major issue here.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
I wonder why there's silence from major tech sites. What is written here is enough to report there might be something wrong with the cards. Is this under NDA ? :laugh:

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
i am having difficulty believing some of what i read here.. but time will tell..

my card is a Palit gaming pro oc.. i have had it a week..

my long term stress test is still running.. he he

trog

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
You've seen enough evidence. Were I in your place,I'd prefer that every tech site write about it rather than sweep it under the carpet,if they are really for people not for the corporation.

System Name My PC
Processor 4670K@4.4GHz
Motherboard Gryphon Z87
Cooling CM 212
Memory 2x8GB+2x4GB @2400GHz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+, 8GB
Storage Intel 530 SSD 480GB + Intel 510 SSD 120GB + 2x500GB hdd raid 1
Display(s) HP envy 32 1440p
Case CM Mastercase 5
Audio Device(s) Sbz ZXR
Power Supply Antec 620W
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Win 10 pro
Just close this stupid thread already, there will always problems with gpu, software or hardware type so if you see on nvidia forums 2-3 people having issues with artifacting or whatever that doesn't mean nothing and when RMA rate is 20-50% because of dying or artifacting RX gpu then we can be worried.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Just close this stupid thread already, there will always problems with gpu, software or hardware type so if you see on nvidia forums 2-3 people having issues with artifacting or whatever that doesn't mean nothing and when RMA rate is 20-50% because of dying or artifacting RX gpu then we can be worried.

5% is already high for a DOA rate on GPUs, or any hardware product for that matter.

Its not 2-3 people either and these people repeatedly seem to get faulty GPUs too.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I too am surprised the major tech press haven't got hold of this, like they did with the GTX970 3.5gb memory issue. I

The major 3.5 GB memory thing as an "issue that wasn't". While nVidiia certainly deserves to be bashed for not being up front about the memory configuration, these are the reported facts:

1. The horror stories posted by youtube fame wannabees, were dismissed by testing at reputable web sites. Yes, if you tried to "create* a problem you could, but as was detailed on said sites, they did not occur in normal usage and you had to work real had to create them.

2. These problems could only be created at 4k and high settings and if you bought a 970 to run @ 4k, you made a bad choice ... these cards were never intended or recommended to be used at 4k.

3. In ever instance where you could **create** a problem with the 970, you could **create** the same problem with the 4 GB 980, clearly making the 3.5 GB claim a indisputably false one.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...-mordor-geforce-gtx-970-vram-stress-test.html

The initial problem was hard to detect, and really .. it still is..... Thing is, the quantifying fact is that nobody really has massive issues, dozens and dozens of media have tested the card with in-depth reviews like the ones here on my site. Replicating the stutters and stuff you see in some of the video's, well to date I have not been able to reproduce them unless you do crazy stuff, ...

Let me clearly state this, the GTX 970 is not an Ultra HD card, it has never been marketed as such and we never recommended even a GTX 980 for Ultra HD gaming either. So if you start looking at that resolution and zoom in, then of course you are bound to run into performance issues, but so does the GTX 980. These cards are still too weak for such a resolution combined with proper image quality settings. Remember, Ultra HD = 4x 1080P. Let me quote myself from my GTX 970 conclusions “it is a little beast for Full HD and WHQD gaming combined with the best image quality settings”, and within that context I really think it is valid to stick to a maximum of 2560x1440 as 1080P and 1440P are is the real domain for these cards. Face it, if you planned to game at Ultra HD, you would not buy a GeForce GTX 970. ...

Overall you will have a hard time pushing any card over 3.5 GB of graphics memory usage with any game unless you do some freaky stuff. The ones that do pass 3.5 GB mostly are poor console ports or situations where you game in Ultra HD or DSR Ultra HD rendering. In that situation I cannot guarantee that your overall experience will be trouble free, however we have a hard time detecting and replicating the stuttering issues some people have mentioned.

As for the RTX issue.... no way to judge as yet what the cause is here.... only time will tell. But, while the folks who already purchased it have my sympathy, it does reinforce my thoughts on people's purchase choices...

1. Why oh why do people feel the overwhelming need against common sense to be "the 1st one on the block to have the new shiny thing" ? Prices will be inflated under normal conditions but in this instance, it's not just the normal demand exceeds supply think with vendor profiteering.

2. There's the addition of nVidia's need to clear old 10xx series inventory which, from a corporate responsibility / obligation standpoint, essentially **requires** them to maintain a significant price differential between generations till that inventory is cleared.

3. I'll never understand the public's lack of caution / common sense in buying 1st stepping products:

a) No one remembers the P68 B3 Stepping Mobos which finally cured the error in the Intel Chipset ? Owners of previous steppings certainly do.
b) No one remembers the problems with the initial steppings of Z87 Asus boards where external devices would not escape from sleep until after c1 stepping ? That delayed my personal build for about 3 months so I certainly do.
c) No remembers the initial EVGA 970 SC where 1/3rd of the heat sink "missed" the GPU ? ... it also shipped without the back plate or thermal pads.
d) What about, and this one had nothing to do with the product, the initial 9xx series cards from MSI had a piece of tape holding the fans still during shipping in which the adhesive was so strong, some folks damaged their fans when removing it ?
e) What about the EVGA 1060 - 1080 SC and FTW cards where they cheaped out and didn't use thermal pads between the VRMs and memory chips resulting in cards going up in smoke ?

When ya see a new piece of hardware drop, sit tight ... resist the urge to spend more money for what will likely be an inferior product. You may escape examples like the above but later steppings always have an reliability and / or performance advantage over the older issues. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a new stepping. We always recommend waiting 3 months as a minimum from new hardware drops; let others to the troubleshooting and expend their time and effort trying to figure out where problems exist.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
The major 3.5 GB memory thing as an "issue that wasn't". While nVidiia certainly deserves to be bashed for not being up front about the memory configuration, these are the reported facts:

1. The horror stories posted by youtube fame wannabees, were dismissed by testing at reputable web sites. Yes, if you tried to "create* a problem you could, but as was detailed on said sites, they did not occur in normal usage and you had to work real had to create them.

2. These problems could only be created at 4k and high settings and if you bought a 970 to run @ 4k, you made a bad choice ... these cards were never intended or recommended to be used at 4k.

3. In ever instance where you could **create** a problem with the 970, you could **create** the same problem with the 4 GB 980, clearly making the 3.5 GB claim a indisputably false one.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...-mordor-geforce-gtx-970-vram-stress-test.html

As for the RTX issue.... no way to judge as yet what the cause is here.... only time will tell. But, while the folks who already purchased it have my sympathy, it does reinforce my thoughts on people's purchase choices...

1. Why oh why do people feel the overwhelming need against common sense to be "the 1st one on the block to have the new shiny thing" ? Prices will be inflated under normal conditions but in this instance, it's not just the normal demand exceeds supply think with vendor profiteering.

2. There's the addition of nVidia's need to clear old 10xx series inventory which, from a corporate responsibility / obligation standpoint, essentially **requires** them to maintain a significant price differential between generations till that inventory is cleared.

3. I'll never understand the public's lack of caution / common sense in buying 1st stepping products:

a) No one remembers the P68 B3 Stepping Mobos which finally cured the error in the Intel Chipset ? Owners of previous steppings certainly do.
b) No one remembers the problems with the initial steppings of Z87 Asus boards where external devices would not escape from sleep until after c1 stepping ? That delayed my personal build for about 3 months so I certainly do.
c) No remembers the initial EVGA 970 SC where 1/3rd of the heat sink "missed" the GPU ? ... it also shipped without the back plate or thermal pads.
d) What about, and this one had nothing to do with the product, the initial 9xx series cards from MSI had a piece of tape holding the fans still during shipping in which the adhesive was so strong, some folks damaged their fans when removing it ?
e) What about the EVGA 1060 - 1080 SC and FTW cards where they cheaped out and didn't use thermal pads between the VRMs and memory chips resulting in cards going up in smoke ?

When ya see a new piece of hardware drop, sit tight ... resist the urge to spend more money for what will likely be an inferior product. You may escape examples like the above but later steppings always have an reliability and / or performance advantage over the older issues. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a new stepping. We always recommend waiting 3 months as a minimum from new hardware drops; let others to the troubleshooting and expend their time and effort trying to figure out where problems exist.
At that time I had a rx480 , it's still doing ok in the latest games , 970s are starting to wilt because of vram issues, so the issue was a non starter for some ,who upgrade fairly often, but it is ,and was still an issue ,and an unreported prior to release one.
Not defendable in any way dude. Not in my book.

Afaik your right and wrong about first releases imho i got a polaris 480 , an 8350 and crosshairV and a vega as well as some older stuff like matrox m3d , Nvidia Hercules prophet 2 all on release day and not one issue with build.
Nvidia has more fails of hardware in my use then any other provider in that i have had several Nvidia cards just die , while cleanliness wasn't remotely an issue and they were not overclocked either.
But one guy's bad and good list rarley matches another's so i make no judgement due to this.

It's not the consumers fault EVER that they're shit dies early in normal use, period.

And they're not stupid or foolish for buying cutting edge tech, though at these prices that is debatable id half agree.

It's all on Nvidias or their partners toes imho.

System Name SALTY
Processor A10-5800K
Motherboard A75
Cooling Air
Memory 10Gig DDR133
Video Card(s) HD 7660D
Storage HDD
Display(s) 4k HDR TV
Power Supply 320 Watt

I made the mistake of buying 2x970/sli and it had issues on 3x1080P monitors in some game at high settings that went past 3.5gig and I had massive stutter issues, but I guess these cards were not designed for such use?
not sure though if later they resolved the issue with a driver update, didn't wait to find out, sold them both about 2 weeks later and stuck with a R9 390X 8gig never had the issue with that card.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Arrows in the back, the pioneer gets

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
At that time I had a rx480 , it's still doing ok in the latest games , 970s are starting to wilt because of vram issues, so the issue was a non starter for some ,who upgrade fairly often, but it is ,and was still an issue ,and an unreported prior to release one.
Not defendable in any way dude. Not in my book.

Afaik your right and wrong about first releases imho i got a polaris 480 , an 8350 and crosshairV and a vega as well as some older stuff like matrox m3d , Nvidia Hercules prophet 2 all on release day and not one issue with build.
Nvidia has more fails of hardware in my use then any other provider in that i have had several Nvidia cards just die , while cleanliness wasn't remotely an issue and they were not overclocked either.
But one guy's bad and good list rarley matches another's so i make no judgement due to this.

It's not the consumers fault EVER that they're shit dies early in normal use, period.

And they're not stupid or foolish for buying cutting edge tech, though at these prices that is debatable id half agree.

It's all on Nvidias or their partners toes imho.
let's just agree that while the part of them buying cutting edge hardware is not completely reasonable, the other part expecting a working part is not to blame at all.
my eyes are still wide with amazement seeing how one can say rtx costs a big premium so they should've known better than to buy it and now deal with doa and artifacts.
this is not something one could ever predict and it's 100% manufacturer's fault.

just for giggles

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I'm still amazed by the attitude here by some contributors that early adopters have in some way brought the misery upon themselves, which is far from the case.
They have every right to demand the very best, regardless of the product's status and let's face it, they weren't buying prototypes or beta testing. They paid good money (their own money which they can do what they like with) for cutting edge tech, the failings of which fall firmly at NVidia's door.
As far as the GTX970 issue is concerned, I also had an MSI GTX970 and simply couldn't fault it. The card was brilliant in every way and now resides in my stepson's machine.

Writing down some "interesting things" found in this thread:
- it seems that people these days are unable to open a link and read the damn stuff that it is there; it writes with black on white on the nvidia forums (and not only) that the cards are artifacting; and they are not 1 or two isolated cases; they are quite a few and many of them are at the 2nd or 3rd card; it could be system related issue, could be soldering issue, doesn't matter; nvidia is probably investigating it already, but users need to be warned before buying; nobody will die if it waits for a week for things to clarify;
- artifacting in general, doesn't happen because of a driver bug; it could happen, sure, but it can't happen after several days of normal usage; my understanding is that some people need to educate themselves and understand how hardware works and what is software/hardware issue;
- for 1200 freaking bucks I expect the product to be close to freaking perfect; it is not 250, not 500, not 750, not even 1000$, it costs a cool 1200$ to buy the mighty RTX 2080Ti. For that kind of money we cannot say that "yeah well, it is normal stuff, some random failures here and there, not a big deal..."; if that is your opinion then it means you never bought expensive hardware that failed on you;
- people are not hating other people here - they hate the product; taken objectively, the RTX 2080Ti could very well be worth 1200$; it contains two new pieces of IP (the Tensor core and the RT core) which are probably in the making for the last few years, so lots of R&D has been invested in this and it is expected for them to sell it at a premium. The GPU also is a biggie, measuring over 750mm2 which is close to the reticle limit; all of these are true, but people are subjective, and when they look at the 2080Ti they see what?
- not a whole lot better performance compared to 1080Ti at a much higher price;
- not many games that make use of either RT or Tensor cores; people don't even care about them at this point in time; maybe in a few generations, they will;
- that huge price;

So, all in all, kudos to nvidia for having the courage to make this step. Ray tracing is not easy to do and for sure not easy to do at decent speeds, like the new RTX cards seem to be capable of. This bad reception was to be expected, but we at least expect to have functional products, good drivers and maybe a few games with RT. The price, it is what it is...

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
I'm still amazed by the attitude here by some contributors that early adopters have in some way brought the misery upon themselves, which is far from the case.
They have every right to demand the very best, regardless of the product's status and let's face it, they weren't buying prototypes or beta testing. They paid good money (their own money which they can do what they like with) for cutting edge tech, the failings of which fall firmly at NVidia's door.
As far as the GTX970 issue is concerned, I also had an MSI GTX970 and simply couldn't fault it. The card was brilliant in every way and now resides in my stepson's machine.

This. If you search for bad news, you'll find it.

And like you I loved my MSI 970 too, unfortunately mine did die on me. The memory issue seemed a bigger problem for those that didn't even own the card. :p

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro

And like you I loved my MSI 970 too, unfortunately mine did die on me. The memory issue seemed a bigger problem for those that didn't even own the card. :p
Everyone is different , 99.9% of people used a Gtx970 as Nvidia hoped they would , some like mr three screens above(actually a quoted Nvidia feature note(3screen support no, res past 5k ,no)) I can't recall his tag sorry ,or me ,im a max IQ guy , every graphics enhancer on, max playable res ,for me res scales before details but anyway I agree with your point a Gtx970 it was a good card most had no issues with, just you should be aware we're all gaming how we want to game.
And the point for most was a lack of clarity not that it was engineered that way.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

Or people are asking questions as to why their cards are dying, and or why so many have died means there is a trend that humans are good at noticing.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
OCed my EVGA 2080Ti balls to the way and have no problem at all. Just my sample size=1 report here.

There just aren't enough statistics to base any solid case study.
Its worth keeping an eye over this, but until some solid numbers come in, this is nothing more than a coincidence, and one that can be heavily used for 10-series buyer's remorse.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
OCed my EVGA 2080Ti balls to the way and have no problem at all. Just my sample size=1 report here.

add me to the sample.. that makes two.. he he

trog

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I probably stress my 2080Ti way more than what most gamers do: VR, CUDA accelerated computing. Would definitely keep an eye on it for any problem. So far from the Overclock.net thread it seems to be mainly impacting thr Nvidia FE cards and for people who do over +1000 overclocking on GDDR6

because they were bad value not broken !

going by this logic,you deserve to die if you happen to eat something that you never thught you'd be allergic to and most people eat and live.should've researched it to see there are cases of people having allergies.
are you serious with the crap that coming out of your mouth,please tell me you're just dicking around.
Hey, you know you're rich by how many mistakes you can afford.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
I probably stress my 2080Ti way more than what most gamers do: VR, CUDA accelerated computing. Would definitely keep an eye on it for any problem. So far from the Overclock.net thread it seems to be mainly impacting thr Nvidia FE cards and for people who do over +1000 overclocking on GDDR6
Well if it's artefacts while overclocked on the memory it's not much better, especially if then permanently, thats rare.
But the onus of blame then,does change a little, a little.
It's good it's being talked about though for consumers at least people might avoid it happening to them and Nvidia might act.

No one else think it somewhat fishy that Nvidia has been a bit demanding with oems about clocks?? This generation , they're were even no Oc rumours before release.

Something is up with the memory controller. Either a program is freewheeling the memory like say Windows Aero, or they adopted a different clock controller.
I shot my 6870 by testing an artifact checker. Never allow the fps counter above 200 FPS, the ringing you hear is the wear on the solders.