• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Sometimes I do, sometimes I am lazy. I also reuse screenshots, again being lazy, plus I answer quite a few questions per day.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
What drivers should I be using on a Z590?

a z590 what? motherboard? desktop pc? you need to be more specific.
if it's a z590 board, from which board maker? Asrock, Asus, Biostar, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.?
too "vague" or cryptic to just say "Z590" and will get very little or no help in return

note to AAF Optimus - Mokichu released new 6.0.9556.1 asus drivers a few days ago (yup, going from 6.0.9539.1 to 6.0.9556.1 - almost a big jump in versions).
time to play catch up

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9556.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

@AAF Optimus, Ignore them. You just make mistakes, we all do. Takes long enough to fully sort out one APO and its updates.
I know you have made some mistakes in the past the probably still repeat for some people.

You are quick enough to adapt, I can tell from the recent packages and so on. You do need to test more though.

You can use your large community to test beta packages and so on. I know you cant test everything.

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9556.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:
USB device such as rtl4090 supported or not?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
There are more USB Realtek APO's becoming available, so its might be possible to do a USB exclusive soon.
Needs a Realtek USB to write and test changes though, so there is that.

Although, it might also work with testing on a USB headphones, as long as it specifies USB in the registry.

@AAF Optimus, Some info can be gathered from part 2 of my post here, I convert ROOT to HDAUDIO.

SoundLike

AAF Optimus
Realtek Audio Console fails to launch on latest build of AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.9556.1 after installation.
Thanks for the quick solution.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Memory Mushkin DDR4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung QE43Q60B (TV)/1x Samsung S27B80P/1x Hanns-G FHD
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt Pro Gold 80+ 1000W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech MX5500 Revolution
Software Win 11 Pro x64 v24H2
There are more USB Realtek APO's becoming available, so its might be possible to do a USB exclusive soon.
Needs a Realtek USB to write and test changes though, so there is that.

Although, it might also work with testing on a USB headphones, as long as it specifies USB in the registry.

@AAF Optimus, Some info can be gathered from part 2 of my post here, I convert ROOT to HDAUDIO.

This sounds very good, @Ferather

Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
I have a bug i sonic studio 3, its automatically disable sonic studio when i play any sound.
1692231240404.png

I have a bug i sonic studio 3, its automatically disable sonic studio when i play any sound.
View attachment 309444

Could mean one of the API services is not starting or the driver is not loading. Put it simply, there could have been a failure in the driver package installation . Sometimes the driver is blocked by Windows
When another API is being used it may disable other. That is related to how Windows grants control of audio endpoints but as I'm not an expert you'll have to wait for someone else to help you out. They may ask you to check services ( you can search "services.msc" in start menu and look for Nahimic, Sonic Studio, APO3, APO 4 keywords, etc and those would be audio related services. They should start in order for some apps to work ) . Also, the package installer leaves a .log file on your desktop. We may need it to help you

GavRon

I am noticing a delay in my audio while playing games. Does anyone know of a fix?

The spatial engine can cause delays, both small and big depending on the software. Disable spatial, then try, if still too high, you will need to turn off APO's.

GavRon

The spatial engine can cause delays, both small and big depending on the software. Disable spatial, then try, if still too high, you will need to turn off APO's.
This worked, but it is disappointing that I can't use the audio enhancements while playing games. Thanks though!

PhunkyBob

Hello there!

TLDR;

Thank you!

Full post
Since months, after "I don't know which Windows update", my computer doesn't detect anymore when I plug my headphone with jack.
The problem doesn't come from the headphone or the jack: if I reboot the computer with the jack plugged in, it works.

I tried a lot of things (reinstalling drivers, changing registry keys, ...). Some sites says that something can be activated / deactivated in the "Realtek Audio Console", but I don't have this application and can't find a recent version for my computer.
Long story short: nothing worked.

And I found this topic.
- I uninstalled all audio drivers on my computer with DriverStoreExplorer.
- I installed the AAFOptimusDCHAudio-Realtek driver.
- Now I have "Realtek Audio Console" and I can disable the "autodetect window" in the advanced parameters.

Now it works fine!

Thank you very much to the authors.

Residual [drivers] and [registry data] will kick you in the bum if you don't take them out, well now you know :)

I hope @AAF Optimus has made the package self cleaning (from previous installs).
That includes residual endpoint entries that may not be removed by Windows.

Makes me wonder how many customers who report issues are effected by the above.

----

@AAF Optimus, also note some people might tinker and register files, you will need to undo that on install.
Also remove offload support, add class id's to a text file, and allow customers to add offload manually.

You can also checkout my DTS DCH files for final changes, I will tinker with the bass boost attenuation later.
Its been programmed that way, I preferred the previous way but the EQ and other effects are better.

No libs.

Last edited:

jpsusenet

Hi, just wanted to say it's so cool that you do this and after all these years I really have never need to install these but then I got irritated with Win11 Realtek universal driver, spent a long time trying to figure this out over the years and ended buying a sound card LOL. Thank you for being in service. Always the 3rd thing.....soooo old pc blew the mobo and I just got a newer version and it's working great. I have a Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 with Realtek ALC892 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal 2

- Premium Japan made audio capacitors provides warm, natural, and immersive
- DTS UltraPC II
- DTS Connect
- Supports jack-detection, multi-streaming and front panel jack-retasking (MIC)
- Optical S/PDIF out port at rear I/O

I just want headphones to show up as headphones, with pluged in to two sperate connectors and have them loader. I struggled with this and ended up using a mix amp pro for a long time with Sennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gaming but for the new pc had similiar driver issues with on board so I ended geting the Sound BlasterX AE-5 which I was able to kinda configure the ohms and man they were super loud but with this on board sound old pc the old problems persist and I am surrendering to you for guidance please and thank you. The pc has i74790k/GTX1080Founders with that Z97-A and fresh copy of Ghost Spectre Windows 11 Super Lite/14 and I was happy to see your drivers in the Ghost Tool box. I started to install but wanted to seek guidance prior to doing so.

zakalwe

Z590 is the motherboard. To be specific Ausus ROG Strix Z590. Z590 chipset.

Do I need any of these drivers?