• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9563.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

No, and it wont happen unless AAF gets a USB version to work with (if not already). They are separate drivers and files, and it doesn't work the same way.
Out of all the unlocked APO's AAF has, only a few of them wont be HDA bias and will work on USB, others wont work at all.

I don't think anyone has made a multi unlocked APO pack for USB, only those already seen on USB.
When Realtek went DCH, most of the original APO's you see on HDA are not available.

Realtek tend to only bother with premium common APO's, APO's like Sony and others you don't see anymore are legacy and not used.

When is the last time you saw Dolby Digital or DTS Interactive for SPDIF, natively with the official Realtek driver?
There is still a high demand for either-both of the above, preferred over HDMI (delays).

No professional DAW (commonly) uses HDMI input for audio, you will see USB then optical (SPDIF) mainly.
SPDIF has both consumer and professional format, HDMI is only consumer grade.

Also anyone who thinks TOSLink or SPDIF is becoming redundant, you are very wrong. Even USB Realtek has SPDIF.
Also the current consumer standard and maximum bitrate is superior to that of HDMI audio.

Also note, there is a difference between sending lossless audio, and being lossless.
You can send lossless audio to analogue, but no analogue is lossless.

If preferred we can translate lossless to 'True Sound', then if you factor in THD and THD-N, how much is True Sound.

Attachments

• Interesting.png
    Interesting.png
    431.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DTS-X Home Theatre.png
    DTS-X Home Theatre.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Optical.png
    Optical.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Echorausch

Hi Guys!

Can some one tell me what´s the minimum Win 10 Build for this Drivers? I like to run older Builds on my Laptops and didn´t find any Info about it. Thx in advance!

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hi Guys!

Can some one tell me what´s the minimum Win 10 Build for this Drivers? I like to run older Builds on my Laptops and didn´t find any Info about it. Thx in advance!
Windows 10 Creators Update - 10.0.15063.0
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - 10.0.16299.0

vurt72

i have
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Pro AX which uses Realtek® ALC1220-VB CODEC

is there any chance i could get surround sound from the spdif out do you think?

i did install the realteak stuff (Release AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.9563.1 (Signed) · AlanFinotty/AAFOptimusDCHAudio-Realtek · GitHub) also did the uninstall thing first. can't say i notice any difference, still only see 2 channels. i can get DTS or Dolby Digital if i don't select the Patched option in the Install and instead go for either DTS or DD, though they don't seem to work and in the realtek program surround/DTS still doesn't show up. I think with the Patched option it was there but greyed out and no way to select it.

There's a tool on the desktop after the install, hard to know what it does or if i need to use it to make this work?

Do i need to install the soundblaster things as well? I really wish there was a tutorial for this. "use "/GenKGA" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer" no idea what this means.
but again, i also don't know why there's a soundblaster package, there's no explanation for it, it seems to be included in the package but there's also the separate download of a soundblaster package.

Any help would be great, many thanks.

Edit: i also tried uninstalling everything and instead installing the "DTS DCH 6.0.9484.1" (.bat file install). with this i do get DTS Interactive, but i don't think this works for games, i tried 3 recent games and even though it looks (on the reciever) that its decoding this like it should there's never any sound from the back speakers. In Uncharted 4 i can chose 2-speaker output only for Home Cinema.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Windows 10 Creators Update - 10.0.15063.0
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - 10.0.16299.0

bare minimum is Win10 build 10.0.15063.0 for Realtek audio drivers from version 6.0.9520.1 and below
for versions 6.0.9524.1 and greater, it's Win10 build 10.0.16299.0
Realtek raised the minimum win10 build requirements

a 6.0.9567.1 driver version (MSI) is available - recently read about it from here in this other forum

admgloval

HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9563.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

GO TO 1st PAGE
When you say "Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.", what does that mean exactly? I don't see anywhere in the installer to select either HDA or UAD. This driver (6.0.9563.1) does not work right on my board, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Pro Wifi. I get no sound when selecting any speaker config other than stereo. Also, there is a sound 'lag' when I adjust volume using the volume control in the system tray, i.e. after moving the slider, the 'ding' sound doesn't occur immediately, there is a slight delay. Additionally, the audio sounds overdriven, like there is too much gain coming through the speakers. I used one of your earlier drivers that seems to work better for me, 6.0.9360.1. At least with this one I can set my config to 5.1 and enable bass management so I can actually hear my subwoofer being used. I was also able to get around the overdriven sounding audio by adjusting my volume levels for each channel down to 80 instead of the default 100 they were setup to in the sound control panel. For reference, I use the multichannel analog outs on my mobo (ALC 1220) to a receiver with a 5.1 speaker setup in my office. I tried using optical out to my receiver in the past but my subwoofer would never output any signal unless I was specifically watching a movie encoded in surround. The only way I was able to get the sub to work in everything was to use analog outs and enable bass management in the Realtek drivers. One other thing that bugs me about your drivers that you should fix is that when you uninstall any version of AAF Optimus, it messes up the MS Visual C++ 2015-2022 redist programs, both x86 and x64. These are used for a bunch of other programs I have so after rebooting, I get a bunch of errors that they are missing. This can be fixed by repairing them in control panel. Also, do you have any guides as to how to use the 'Tweak Tool' that you provide with the drivers? I have looked at it multiple times and just don't really understand what I would adjust to restore missing things. Like for instance, I am still missing some of the functionality that I used to have in the old Realtek Audio Manager like the EQ, voice changer, etc. I'm assuming that tool can be used to enable that stuff but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Hello Alan and the community at large. Reading through recent posts and my own winding path towards having excellent quality home theater sound using Alan's amazing solution to Realtek and Asus failure to properly service drivers for different windows iterations. In my case, being poor and frugal, I use a PC I found in the woods. There were three but one had the P9X79 LE which was almost $600 new in 2010 or whenever it came out. Top shelf hardware, top tier pricewith the Realtek 892 integrated. I wanted to connect the optical output to a receiver (also free) and see if I could get 5.1 at home during lockdown. The answer is YES! But as each windows version emerges and the hardware changes along with it there are competing levels of driver integration designed to plug and play so 80%+ end users have sound. That means either Windows default or AMD HDMI.

After recent update the HDMI from Microsoft (not AMD for a change) is re-installing itself in sound manager and even becoming default after I disabled and uninstalled device. Annoying yet also consistent. Which brings me to my point. Heap all the appreciation you want but some people seem kind of rude. It can be frustrating so most people are better off just having "crap onboard audio" but if you care enough to bother learn more, read carefully and expect to have things fail. My motherboard was developed for windows 8.1 and Microsoft, Asus and Realtek wrote this off in 2015 driver wise. Pity really. because it still overclocks when I want more FPS and it feeds a pretty sick 7.1 home theather setu just as well if not better than whatever ships with windows 11. Making DTS/Dolby work right and sound as intended with a receiver is more like alchemy. If Allan's driver suite isnt working be cool and patient. That said its always Microsoft that seems to mess up my otherwise stable funtions.

I have been using AAF DCH Optimus Audio but it was hard to know which was right so I tested both. Now I run plain vanilla drivers - no DTS or Dolby, nor Creative. I would but they break or never install correctly. I have used the KGA but it never lasts. This was a long run but now its time to reinstall. Thank you Alan for letting me have great music and movie sound. I may try Dolby again. Atmos is least resource heavy and reliable.

Ciao.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9567.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

GO TO 1st PAGE

zakopiotr353

Hi Alan, I wanted to download drivers from you today: "AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.2353.9492 (Signed)," and "AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.2349.9492 (Signed)" but unfortunately, they are no longer available. Could you please look into this? Thanks.

julupanter

Sorry if I seem stupid :(.

I have installed the latest version of this one, on a 'MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI', that has USB ALC4080.

Everything gets installed, but the device manager still shows 'Realtek USB2.0 Audio', and can't update it manually to AAF DCH Optimus Audio, says access denied.

Am I doing something wrong?, or missing any step? Is this the right package, or should I install the one that says 'For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips'.

Thank you very much in advance!

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK

admgloval

Quick update to my previous post. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with this driver. I decided to install the newest version (9567) and this time, I only checked the AAF Optimus Bus driver, the patched Realtek driver and the ASIO driver at the bottom, everything else unchecked. And everything is working perfectly like it should, I now have the EQ and all the effects again plus the Bass management and Room Correction! So freaking happy! Guess I never needed any of that Dolby/DTS crap.

Karim HI

guys I can't fix use the mic after installing this driver any way to fix this ??

Attachments

• image_2023-09-21_194022227.png
    image_2023-09-21_194022227.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 50

Elmoonez

hello
has anybody successfully used this to get a 5.1 sound with the onboard mobo SPDIF out?
I have an Asus Tuf X570 wifi which has S1200A, I tried different versions, and most of the time I don't even see the option for DTS/Dolby but even when I do it doesn't work and behaves like stereo.
I tried other modded drivers and had the same results. the only strange thing is that in test mode when a sample sound is played in each speaker everything works fine.
if anybody has any insight on how to fix this I would be very grateful.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

DOWNLOADS & UPDATES HERE (LINK TO LATEST VERSION)

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9567.1
Totally Reworked Driver Pack!!!

No USB Support!

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

FIXED: ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)
  • Use "/GenKGA" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer
  • Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Realtek Patch DDL/DTS
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 (Don't support HDMI Audio)
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic (APO4 Only)
    • Nahimic Easy Surround (BTLink)
    • Nahimic Mirroring
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO3 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated > MediaFire)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
ReUploaded! Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 KGA Generator Fixed!

@Elmoonez, if you have tried my driver and still no DTS Interactive, then you need to edit or use another policy.
====

Extract from my DTS DCH thread:

For those of you who already know they need a policy edit, I have attached my S1220A policy, [.dat] location: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
If you get a BSOD due to incompatibility, you will need to boot into safe mode and delete the [.dat] file.

Reboot the computer after you have copied the file.

----

I have had the same complaint a few times (rarely), with the same issue as you, due to the devices policy.
Sometimes the OEM will alter the way the device behaves via the Realtek policy.

Realtek ALC 897 chip,
AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack version HDA 9567

Choose option.
AAF Optimus Bus driver,
the patched Realtek driver
and the ASIO driver at the bottom,

The microphone sound becomes too small or strange when compared to the unmodified 9567 driver.

You can get that bug with many versions of Realtek, try disabling the microphone, restart, then enable.

hello
has anybody successfully used this to get a 5.1 sound with the onboard mobo SPDIF out?
I have an Asus Tuf X570 wifi which has S1200A, I tried different versions, and most of the time I don't even see the option for DTS/Dolby but even when I do it doesn't work and behaves like stereo.
I tried other modded drivers and had the same results. the only strange thing is that in test mode when a sample sound is played in each speaker everything works fine.
if anybody has any insight on how to fix this I would be very grateful.
I am going to repeat myself over and over I know it, if you have a patched .dll granting DTSi or DDL it will not inform the system mixer that the endpoint is changing configuration. Realtek disables "Microsoft speaker fill" in most of its drivers. This means while in WASAPI shared mode you will only get 2CH audio through your 5.1 endpoint. You can get an upmix while in WASAPI exclusive mode which is why some people find a "fix" is unticking the allow system enhancements in sound control panel.

A work around is to add Microsoft SFX, {62dc1a93-ae24-464c-a43e-452f824c4250}, into your composite SFX chain, make sure it's the first one. For example my AVO SS3 + DTSi + RLTK config is as follows :

Code:
[CompositeSFX]
{62dc1a93-ae24-464c-a43e-452f824c4250}
{670173E1-78CF-11E5-A837-0800200C9A66}
[CompositeMFX]
{670173E2-78CF-11E5-A837-0800200C9A66}
{A296D363-EE83-4af9-9BE7-729C1296150A}
[CompositeEFX]
{A29EB043-6CE2-4ee2-B38C-F58719E0D88F}
{A515262A-68B3-441a-A310-0D145362EE87}
[ProcessingSFx]
{C18E2F7E-933D-4965-B7D1-1EEF228D2AF3}
{B26FEB0D-EC94-477C-9494-D1AB8E753F6E}
{4780004E-7133-41D8-8C74-660DADD2C0EE}
[ProcessingMFX]
[ProcessingEFX]

Basically adding {62dc1a93-ae24-464c-a43e-452f824c4250} first in your CompositeSFX allows the system mixer see the endpoint change made by CompositeEFX and upmix accordingly. If you wanted to use DTS NEO PC for upmix you could use this configuration:

Code:
[CompositeSFX]
{62dc1a93-ae24-464c-a43e-452f824c4250}
{3CF95BBE-E76D-411c-A25C-BC94B072840E}
[CompositeMFX]
[CompositeEFX]
{A515262A-68B3-441a-A310-0D145362EE87}
[ProcessingSFx]
[ProcessingEFX]

I still had to use the Microsoft SFX first so the mixer could see the change, then NEO PC overwrites the mixing method, its not as good to me though the Microsoft mix is better so I don't use NEO PC. You can get it to act right sometimes without the Microsoft workaround, but you have to use SFX and EFX instead of composite versions. Using the Microsoft SFX workaround cost you nothing though so the cost of the ability to chain other APO's is too big to not use it for me.