• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX
Cooling Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe, Kingston KC2500 2TB NVMe, Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow, White, with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan x 5
Audio Device(s) On board ALC1200 to Yamaha TSS-10 5.1 channel Amplifier
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed with SteelSeries QcK Prism Cloth Mouse Pad
Keyboard Logitech G815 LIGHTSYNC (Tactile)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Superposition: 4277 Heaven: 2628 3DMark Time Spy: 11776 3DMark Fire Strike: 30281
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9132.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Does this work with ALC1220 codecs?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
It was designed to be compatible with all chips.

But it depends on the type of use, because unfortunately I don't have enough apparatus to test the multichannel surround functions. So I apologize in advance.

unknown_VS

Interesting. Alan modifies 'RTKVHD64.sys' (I believe with 5.1 mods, based on tests), when I used it with the DTS encoder, I also got noise although subtle.
You could call it subtle, you could also call it terrible, it's a really unpleasant digital noise, and completely unpredictable how loud it's going to be the next time, it takes me totally out of it when listening to music especially.

I now have installed only the Dolby Digital option, not because it's what I want, i want DTS, but I figured maybe something would change, and indeed the clicking/ crackling noises are still there but from half an hour testing i think i can say it's a lot more silent and not as annoying. Sound quality overall is definitely worse, but that's at least something :)

But, I still have this thing that it'll always show decode when I play music, which it really shouldn't and never did when the original Realtek/ Microsoft drivers were still working, it only switched to "dolby" or "5.1 decoding" when there actually was a 5.1 signal, so that is weird, and from my limiting testing so far positioning in games isn't as clear as I'd like or was used to, not sure why.

I do think it's mostly windows messing around, but who knows maybe drivers are just "unstable".

Trust me, I'm definitely glad I found this solution here, but I'm also thinking maybe using the original driver with the patch would have better results, although I can't know, maybe it's just as inconsistent.

Note to @Alan Finotty, you might need to use the original 'RTKVHD
Maybe you're onto something...! @ Alan I'll give that new driver a try after I tested this one i have right now a bit more, thanks, here's hoping! :D

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9132.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
What change in this drivers ? o see Github but no say nothing

@GaZw

Asus just did the same, same version newer release. Only the DTS files where changed in their release.
I also just updated mine, I got codes to make it as universal as possible. ALC1220 is present.

@Wakko000

No that is not possible.

unknown_VS

On the latest windows 10 it dosen't work at all
You really have to just install what you want and need, if you install everything it might not work due to conflicts.
And even then you might have to play around with settings, but from my past tries with DD and DTS it does indeed just work.

Also pretty sure you have to wipe the original drivers completely before installing this.

Hatchet1997

Здравствуйте Алан, заметил, что пропадает звук в наушниках, при выключении без подключенного кабеля 3.5, при включении ноута с кабелем нет звука в наушниках, так и в динамиках, ноута я случайно заметил эту особенность, тестировал ранние версии вашего драйвера, эта проблема присутствует во всех Я не хочу использовать другой драйвер, потому что у вашего водителя нет преимуществ, моя аудио карта realtek ALC295

Last edited:
Translation:

"Hello Alan, I noticed that the sound in the headphones disappears, when you turn off without a 3.5 cable connected, when you turn on the laptop with a cable, there is no sound in the headphones or in the speakers, I accidentally noticed this feature, I tested early versions of your driver, this problem is present in everyone I don't want to use another driver because your driver has no advantage, my audio card is realtek ALC295"

@Alan Finotty & @Ferather

Hello guys,
I have ROG Maximums Z590 with SupremeFX ALC4082 codec,
Actually I want to enable 5.1 channel through S/PDIF but I cant,
when every I clean the audio drive it comes back I tried with wifi disable and still the same.

the Realtek patch is not working with this type of audio drive
before I was using Strix Z490 and I was using this method and it was working great.

but with this motherboard I tried everything.. without any success

so please if you can do something for help

thank you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 189
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Oh dog (backwards) another ALC to support..... Send me an Alan a link to your mobo drivers, latest, we can work from there (in general).

Oh dog (backwards) another ALC to support..... Send me an Alan a link to your mobo drivers, latest, we can work from there (in general).
@Alan Finotty & @Ferather

so in this case it might be supported in future! sounds great!
look there is two types of ALC for ASUS, ALC4080 for Prime, Strix and TUF series, and ALC4082 for Maximus series.
that what I knows.

I will attach my driver

Attachments

• USBAud.rar
    4.6 MB · Views: 588
It can be done, but this is a USB driver rather than a main ALC driver, what's likely to happen will be that you use the current driver but install extensions, I've done this with DTS:X Ultra.
You will most likely get this from @Alan Finotty, as I rarely write extensions, and certainly not Dolby and Nahimic. The good news is your driver appears to support DTS:X.

Wait for a response from Alan to see what he can do for you.

It can be done, but this is a USB driver rather than a main ALC driver, what's likely to happen will be that you use the current driver but install extensions, I've done this with DTS:X Ultra.
You will most likely get this from @Alan Finotty, as I rarely write extensions, and certainly not Dolby and Nahimic. The good news is your driver appears to support DTS:X.

Wait for a response from Alan to see what he can do for you.
yeh its ok, by using extensions or whatever, its fine for me I just want it working like what I expected to and it will be great

Can the modified driver help with SPDIF activation on the board?
For example Linux can do this. But it is Windows that is interesting.
Maybe there are other activation options?

Sort of, it can set it up yes. I personally don't know enough about the circuitry of ALC chips to comment much. Drivers are code based, and interfaces with ID's must be present and so on.
If you are trying to bypass chip code, then you will not likely do well with Windows, I am not sure though, its all outside my experience.

nsdragons

Hello all
I have a fresh install of windows on an asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard with an alc887 chipset (i think)
I installed 6.0.9116.1 universal both drivers, soundblaster 7.0 and asio

I'm using a headset and SPDIF. My headset and 5.1 both get proper audio and I can select "Dolby Digital Live (5.1 surround)" for my spdif under the advanced tab however my problem is that soundblaster doesn't work with spdif. All the enhancements work for the headset but nothing i do in soundblaster or realtek manager results in any change in audio for spdif.
I think everything installed properly. Any idea whats going on?

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX
Cooling Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe, Kingston KC2500 2TB NVMe, Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow, White, with Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB Fan x 5
Audio Device(s) On board ALC1200 to Yamaha TSS-10 5.1 channel Amplifier
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed with SteelSeries QcK Prism Cloth Mouse Pad
Keyboard Logitech G815 LIGHTSYNC (Tactile)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Superposition: 4277 Heaven: 2628 3DMark Time Spy: 11776 3DMark Fire Strike: 30281
@nsdragons

Not all drivers have been coded to properly support SPDIF, some drivers don't even have 5.1 options. In your case soundblaster has not been coded for digital.
In my driver for example, I have coded the Realtek app and DTS:X Ultra multichannel to also work on digital, but I do not support Dolby.

1.png

----

@Ralfi

Yes, but still stereo, still 1x 3.5mm and still matrix only.

nsdragons

@Ferather what would you suggest is my best option if I wanted 5.1 and still wanted to use my stereo headset in this case? Should I reinstall just the drivers from alan and install your modded app and decoder?

I don't want to suggest Alans driver anymore (no offense Alan), Its causing BSOD with other drivers. I don't want to comment much, everyone makes mistakes.

Do you have SPDIF? If not you can just install my driver only, and see the latest post to enable separate headphones mode, you can have 5.1 + headphones.

System Name Amazing Experience
Processor Intel Core i5 7500
Motherboard MSI H110M Pro-VD
Cooling Deepcool Alta 7 (CPU) | 2x 120mm RGB Case Fans (Rear and Front)
Memory Hynix 16GB (2x8) 2400Mhz (13-13-13-28)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
Storage Crucial BX500 120GB; Seagate Barracuda 1TB+2TB; Dell 1TB Ext. HDD
Display(s) HP 22es
Case Ant Esports ICE-211TG
Audio Device(s) F&D A110 2.1 Stereo Speakers
Power Supply Circle 500 Watts APFC
Mouse Redragon M609
Keyboard TVS Gold Mechanical Keyboard (MX Blue, PS/2)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
do these drivers really improve sound quality on fairly cheap midrange speakers? also, are default preset during installation optimal? i haven't noticed much difference, might as to restart as i recommended after installation