• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

kruthum

Yes it works. I had one of those in my hands a few weeks ago. It featured ALC898 audio chip. Intel SST is recommended but not mandatory . What is mandatory is to fully disable driver signature enforcement and secure boot. The second one in BIOS; the first through a command ( bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on ) . some pre-installed WIndows versions are locked not to allow disabling driver signatuer enforcement. In thayt case, you can't do much
So I should install all the .inf files that came with the intel SST first and then disable driver signature? Secure boot is already disabled from the bios. THEN I install the executable from here? Should I do anything else afterwards?

Can you walk me through how to disable driver signature enforcement?

So I should install all the .inf files that came with the intel SST first and then disable driver signature? Secure boot is already disabled from the bios. THEN I install the executable from here? Should I do anything else afterwards?

Can you walk me through how to disable driver signature enforcement?
Truth is you can install any default audio driver and Alan's driver will work anyway ( if supported of course) . So there is previous Realtek driver requirement. But the cleaner the better so just avoid installing any audio driver before installing this package. You can use the tool Driver Store Explorer, to clean up all other audio drivers until you only has the default audio endpoint left. After you run the .exe and you select anything you want, let it finish and there is nothing else you should other than tweaking the audio for your preferences ( like if you selected the Dolby Atmos driver, you go now to the Dolby Atmos app and adjust anything you want. ) But anyway it should be working and activated. Again, sometimes, regardless of secureboot in BIOS , the system won't allow loading drivers that do not follow a strict validation . That's up to the system and the only solution is to manually enroll the certificates in UEFI. That's another process

System Name Home System
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Raphael AM5 4.5GHz 16-Core
Motherboard TUF Gaming X670E-Plus Wifi
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite LCD
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 32 GB Kit
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 4080 16GB XTREME WATERFORCE
Storage 2TB SSD (OS), 10TB HDD (Games)
Display(s) 27" LG IPS x3
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia Ultra speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1600 G+, 80+ Gold 1600W, Fully Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K75
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hello all,

My apologies, but I am kind of confused on installing this driver set and I am hoping someone can clarify some things for me.

I am using Windows 11 Pro and have an Asus TUF Gaming X670E-Plus Wifi which has the "Realtek S1220A 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC". I am using my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra speakers connected to the green, orange, and black 3.5 jacks (appropriately).

I uninstalled my older driver and DTS and then used Driver Store and removed all the files as directed. I then installed AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-USB2355-HDA9499. When I rebooted, the speaker out was set to AAF DCH Optimus Audio, but I had no sound and I could not select 5.1 surround. It stayed on Stereo. I turned off Audio Enhancements (was set to Device Default Effects) and Spatial audio (was set to DTS:X Ultra). Once those were off, I had audio and could select 5.1 surround. Is this normal?

When I installed the audio driver pack, I left the default install settings checked. I noticed that the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 was not installed though. So, I installed the AAFSBXFiMB5Setup and after rebooting, the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 was there. However, when I started it, it said that there was no device present. So, I then ran the KGA.Automation.Config.exe and it created somethings, but I got the same no device error. I don't understand how to run the argument as I do not have an open in terminal option on my right click menu.

When I test the 5.1 surround in the realtek audio control, all the sounds come from the correct speakers (except the subwoofer, that seems to be coming from the two front channels). However, it does not seem like surround sound is work in movies or test audio. I plays a 5.1 surround audio test video and the left front, center, and right front all seem to work correct, but the back surrounds are playing on the respective front speakers. My surround sounds used work on my old z97 based system. What am I doing wrong?

My questions are, can I used the DTS:X Ultra settings with this motherboard? Can I not use the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5? Why do I not have audio with the effects stuff on? Can I not use surround sound on this new motherboard?

I tried to follow this thread but it is long and jumps all over the place. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

kruthum

Truth is you can install any default audio driver and Alan's driver will work anyway ( if supported of course) . So there is previous Realtek driver requirement. But the cleaner the better so just avoid installing any audio driver before installing this package. You can use the tool Driver Store Explorer, to clean up all other audio drivers until you only has the default audio endpoint left. After you run the .exe and you select anything you want, let it finish and there is nothing else you should other than tweaking the audio for your preferences ( like if you selected the Dolby Atmos driver, you go now to the Dolby Atmos app and adjust anything you want. ) But anyway it should be working and activated. Again, sometimes, regardless of secureboot in BIOS , the system won't allow loading drivers that do not follow a strict validation . That's up to the system and the only solution is to manually enroll the certificates in UEFI. That's another process
I think I did what you asked me for, but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not supported.
I walk you through what I did.

1. Initially I had a fresh install of windows 11 Pro.
2. I manually installed the intel SST drivers using every single .inf file that was there. - Output: I had HDMI audio working ONLY
3. I installed the realtek drivers that the manufacturer provided, they're the same ones I had linked earlier from station-drivers. - Output: Audio works well enough
4. I removed every single .inf file related to audio using the tool -Output: All audio was not working including HDMI audio
5. I installed the AAF SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5. There are no options to select like dolby and stuff. It's just a standard installation without any options at all. - Output: Nothing worked
6. Unistalled sound blaster
7. Installed Intel SST through .inf files - Output: HDMI audio NOT recognized (even though at the same stage they worked)
8. Installed realtek drivers - Output: Audio worked but NOT HDMI audio
Then I talked to you and did as you suggested
9. Removed all audio drivers again using the tool
10. Checked secure boot is disabled. And did "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on" using admin CMD - operation successful
11. Installed AAF Sound blaster, still nothing. So removed it again.
12. Installed Intel SST again. Then AAF Sound blaster. Nothing still worked.
13. Installed realtek drivers, sound work and realtek drivers work. Sound blaster STILL does NOT recognize my audio input/output.

Am I using the wrong executable or something? You said select Dolby and stuff and this option isn't even available for me. Not from the official soundblaster or the modded version by AAF.

Here are some pictures to show what I'm seeing on device manager
1682693276708.png

Before Installing any drivers
1682693300431.png

After installing Intel SST only
1682693331052.png

After installing Realtek audio drivers

I think I did what you asked me for, but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not supported.
I walk you through what I did.

1. Initially I had a fresh install of windows 11 Pro.
2. I manually installed the intel SST drivers using every single .inf file that was there. - Output: I had HDMI audio working ONLY
3. I installed the realtek drivers that the manufacturer provided, they're the same ones I had linked earlier from station-drivers. - Output: Audio works well enough
4. I removed every single .inf file related to audio using the tool -Output: All audio was not working including HDMI audio
5. I installed the AAF SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5. There are no options to select like dolby and stuff. It's just a standard installation without any options at all. - Output: Nothing worked
6. Unistalled sound blaster
7. Installed Intel SST through .inf files - Output: HDMI audio NOT recognized (even though at the same stage they worked)
8. Installed realtek drivers - Output: Audio worked but NOT HDMI audio
Then I talked to you and did as you suggested
9. Removed all audio drivers again using the tool
10. Checked secure boot is disabled. And did "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on" using admin CMD - operation successful
11. Installed AAF Sound blaster, still nothing. So removed it again.
12. Installed Intel SST again. Then AAF Sound blaster. Nothing still worked.
13. Installed realtek drivers, sound work and realtek drivers work. Sound blaster STILL does NOT recognize my audio input/output.

Am I using the wrong executable or something? You said select Dolby and stuff and this option isn't even available for me. Not from the official soundblaster or the modded version by AAF.

Here are some pictures to show what I'm seeing on device manager
View attachment 293536
Before Installing any drivers
View attachment 293537
After installing Intel SST only
View attachment 293538
After installing Realtek audio drivers

It is really crazy there on your device manager. Please make a review of the error codes that those "/!\" indicate. Also, I note you lack some drivers. The "PCI device" may be related to system bus, regardless of the name. The same may happen with other several drivers. Now, this is the thing: you don't need to install previously anything related to Realtek drivers, in order for this package to work . In fact, it is better if you don't install anything except key system drivers. The drivers you mentioned earlier ( those you downloaded from station drivers) are actually realtek drivers. You don't need them and you are really O with the default audio drivers ( those which identifies themselves as High Definition Audio device ) . That would make a nice and clear foundation to install this package driver. Regardless, if you want to try the other package that is independent of driver enumerator ( identifier ) you may try with this one :

kruthum

It is really crazy there on your device manager. Please make a review of the error codes that those "/!\" indicate. Also, I note you lack some drivers. The "PCI device" may be related to system bus, regardless of the name. The same may happen with other several drivers. Now, this is the thing: you don't need to install previously anything related to Realtek drivers, in order for this package to work . In fact, it is better if you don't install anything except key system drivers. The drivers you mentioned earlier ( those you downloaded from station drivers) are actually realtek drivers. You don't need them and you are really O with the default audio drivers ( those which identifies themselves as High Definition Audio device ) . That would make a nice and clear foundation to install this package driver. Regardless, if you want to try the other package that is independent of driver enumerator ( identifier ) you may try with this one :
Thing is the realtek audio works without the PCI device drivers working. That being said, I don't have it in the picture here, but I did install the rest of the drivers properly and still with the modded audio drivers didn't work.
For the "!" errors, which stage would you like to know? Before the SST or after the SST ?

As I said before, I tried installing this package at all 3 different points and non of them worked. I tried it on a clean slate without anything, I tried it after installing intel SST, nothing worked and lastly after the realtek drivers (I know that they don't need it, I tried it "just in case") and still nothing worked.
As for the link you just sent, I believe it's literally the same executable as the one here? It's the same name and size at least.

Thing is the realtek audio works without the PCI device drivers working. That being said, I don't have it in the picture here, but I did install the rest of the drivers properly and still with the modded audio drivers didn't work.
For the "!" errors, which stage would you like to know? Before the SST or after the SST ?

As I said before, I tried installing this package at all 3 different points and non of them worked. I tried it on a clean slate without anything, I tried it after installing intel SST, nothing worked and lastly after the realtek drivers (I know that they don't need it, I tried it "just in case") and still nothing worked.
As for the link you just sent, I believe it's literally the same executable as the one here? It's the same name and size at least.

Before SST . The package already include an Intel audio bus driver so you don't actually need it. Avoid installing the drivers on this package by using the .INFs since that way you'll never know if they are being blocked or not. Please, try this to exactly know and force this package to work:
- Disable driver auto update using Group Policy
- Thoroughly clean any Realtek, Intel drivers ( under audio and multimedia devices ) , and all the audio vendors and extensions developers you may see there. To be fair, you can actually delete all the drivers there and the computer won't suffer. Of course it is not recommended but that may help you diagnose the issues . You can keep the screen drivers ( video kernel drivers ) of Intel, Nvidia and AMD regardless of them including audio drivers for HDMI as they are actually enumerated separately in Driver Store Explorer tool. Doing so would lead you to several /!\ questions marks on device manager, as you may have already noticed. But that's ok. You make the audio driver work first, then you install the system drivers to fix it ( Intel .INF drivers, HID drivers, Serial i/o drivers ) . And avoid installing any audio driver. Also, disable drivers automatic update in Group Policy ( ask for help if you are not sure how to achieve that ) .
- Make sure now in device manager, all audio device are recognized as High Definition Audio Device
- Remove any UWP app related to this package ( as dolby ) as they contain a licence . Avoid or disable updating Store apps automatically .
- Reboot
- Use the driver pack installer as administrator ( make sure UAC is actually running as default or use the Advanced Run app from Nirsoft to run it as Trusted Installer )
- Make sure you actually see all available options and select the ones you need. Please select the Realtek / Intel audio bus drivers and then else, like Dolby Atmos.
- Reboot
- Now High Definition Audio Device in device manager should read as Realtek. Also, new entries would be present there, in Software Components and Extensions. ( Dolby, DTS, etc )
- Try opening any related UWP app you which driver you selected in the package (Dolby as example ) and or the Realtek Audio Console. If the RAC opens, then Realtek basic functionality works. If Dolby opens but it reports no compatible device connected - then the driver was blocked - . If the UWP app allows to change settings but they make no difference in the audio, the driver was blocked partially

GavRon

I have this laptop, and I downloaded your .exe. When I open DTS:X or Dolby Atmos, they don't recognize my headphones. My driver is Realtek HD

Any help?

GavRon

I have this laptop, and I downloaded your .exe. When I open DTS:X or Dolby Atmos, they don't recognize my headphones. My driver is Realtek HD

Any help?
Scratch this--I installed from your other upload (here). I have a different problem this time. When I install, it installed DTS:X and Dolby Atmos on a different user account.

Sammy15

ks for your feedb
"the current sysem is not supported, or the audio driver has note beeen porperly instaled".

have you guys solved it yet? I guess not. it must be a common issue for quite a long time.

we do not have to solve it first.

who can describe the exact problem?

Hello all,

My apologies, but I am kind of confused on installing this driver set and I am hoping someone can clarify some things for me.

I am using Windows 11 Pro and have an Asus TUF Gaming X670E-Plus Wifi which has the "Realtek S1220A 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC". I am using my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra speakers connected to the green, orange, and black 3.5 jacks (appropriately).

I uninstalled my older driver and DTS and then used Driver Store and removed all the files as directed. I then installed AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-USB2355-HDA9499. When I rebooted, the speaker out was set to AAF DCH Optimus Audio, but I had no sound and I could not select 5.1 surround. It stayed on Stereo. I turned off Audio Enhancements (was set to Device Default Effects) and Spatial audio (was set to DTS:X Ultra). Once those were off, I had audio and could select 5.1 surround. Is this normal?

When I installed the audio driver pack, I left the default install settings checked. I noticed that the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 was not installed though. So, I installed the AAFSBXFiMB5Setup and after rebooting, the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 was there. However, when I started it, it said that there was no device present. So, I then ran the KGA.Automation.Config.exe and it created somethings, but I got the same no device error. I don't understand how to run the argument as I do not have an open in terminal option on my right click menu.

When I test the 5.1 surround in the realtek audio control, all the sounds come from the correct speakers (except the subwoofer, that seems to be coming from the two front channels). However, it does not seem like surround sound is work in movies or test audio. I plays a 5.1 surround audio test video and the left front, center, and right front all seem to work correct, but the back surrounds are playing on the respective front speakers. My surround sounds used work on my old z97 based system. What am I doing wrong?

My questions are, can I used the DTS:X Ultra settings with this motherboard? Can I not use the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5? Why do I not have audio with the effects stuff on? Can I not use surround sound on this new motherboard?

I tried to follow this thread but it is long and jumps all over the place. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick
For your information, those spatial audio is only for 2.0 stereo speaker/headphone. That is why when you set it to DTS:X or DTS:X Ultra it fixed the output to Stereo Only (if you choose other like quadra or 5.1 7.1 it will set back to stereo automatically. If you have 5.1 speaker set using analog 3.5mm cable, then set spatial audio to off then you will be fine. No need to turn off Audio Enhancements, if you check that box mean that disable all other APO like creative/dolby/dts, etc... even realtek settings. that check is like a safe mode for audio to keep the bare minimum stuff to output audio. only use disable audio enhancement switch to debug the driver only

GavRon

I figured it out. I found a folder that had some files I have never seen, and when I opened them, they installed the software.

I have a 5.1 surround sound system hooked up. When I have Audio enhancements turned on, the software works (DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, etc.), but the surround sound only comes from the front speakers. When I turn Audio enhancements off, surround works, but not the software. Any help?

I figured it out. I found a folder that had some files I have never seen, and when I opened them, they installed the software.

I have a 5.1 surround sound system hooked up. When I have Audio enhancements turned on, the software works (DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, etc.), but the surround sound only comes from the front speakers. When I turn Audio enhancements off, surround works, but not the software. Any help?

Did you set the output to 5.1 on Windows audio settings ?

System Name Home System
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Raphael AM5 4.5GHz 16-Core
Motherboard TUF Gaming X670E-Plus Wifi
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite LCD
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 32 GB Kit
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 4080 16GB XTREME WATERFORCE
Storage 2TB SSD (OS), 10TB HDD (Games)
Display(s) 27" LG IPS x3
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia Ultra speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1600 G+, 80+ Gold 1600W, Fully Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K75
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro
For your information, those spatial audio is only for 2.0 stereo speaker/headphone. That is why when you set it to DTS:X or DTS:X Ultra it fixed the output to Stereo Only (if you choose other like quadra or 5.1 7.1 it will set back to stereo automatically. If you have 5.1 speaker set using analog 3.5mm cable, then set spatial audio to off then you will be fine. No need to turn off Audio Enhancements, if you check that box mean that disable all other APO like creative/dolby/dts, etc... even realtek settings. that check is like a safe mode for audio to keep the bare minimum stuff to output audio. only use disable audio enhancement switch to debug the driver only
Hey! Thanks for responding. I am still having issues even after reading what you sent. I installed everything that was set to install by default. I cannot use the SoundBlaster software because that software does not find a device. I have uninstalled that for now as I could not get it to work.

My sound only works when I have audio enhancements off. I have spatial audio off, but when I turn on audio enhancements, I don't get sound any more.

Here is what I have set in the following:

Windows Sound Settings
Realtek Audio Control 1
Realtek Audio Control 2
Sonic Studio 3
DTS:X Ultra (off)
DTS Unbound
Dolby Atmos for Gaming

davy49

On my older lenovo thinkpad laptop I'm really interested in improving the sound output quality, currently there's a really old version dolby digital plus installed and I'm interested in trying something better to enhance my audio. I'm including my lenovo model # as well as which type my laptop is, I'm currently running the following microsoft operating system: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Version 22H2, O.S. Build 23451.1000 , can you possibly please give me some suggestions as to what I can try on my laptop ? Thanks in advance for any and all help that you might provide to me.
David

My Laptop Information For Your Reference: T430 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 2349​

Sammy15

Hi Alan, an error ocurr when i run sonic studio "the current sysem is not supported, or the audio driver has note beeen porperly instaled". My board is a Asus Rog Strix X570 e-gaming. Driver 9481 works fine.
Hey! Thanks for responding. I am still having issues even after reading what you sent. I installed everything that was set to install by default. I cannot use the SoundBlaster software because that software does not find a device. I have uninstalled that for now as I could not get it to work.

My sound only works when I have audio enhancements off. I have spatial audio off, but when I turn on audio enhancements, I don't get sound any more.

Here is what I have set in the following:

Windows Sound Settings
Realtek Audio Control 1
Realtek Audio Control 2
Sonic Studio 3
DTS:X Ultra (off)
DTS Unbound
Dolby Atmos for Gaming
You are not the only one but one of dozen with this Blaster bug.
Those guys have followed the instruction right as you and I have.

It indicates a FLAW within these modded driver packages, which should had been fixed before released.

Check update here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...is-disabled-or-not-a-supported-device.308327/

Last edited:

Tommaso

CIao, thanks for this wonderful mod, the audio drivers of my motherboard are the audio usb2.0 I installed the mod, it works fine, ancje sound blaster connect 2, but I can not get creative xfimb5 modded by you.. that I would like to install since I always used him on my old motherboard with HDA driver.. it always tells me that the device is not recognized and that you have to connect a jack, despite trying to insert the kga, Can you help me with this

Hello ! With a driver update to the latest version of AAF DCH Optimus Audio 10.11.2355.9499. The headphones on the front of the case stopped working. Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem? Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master.

Milor123

Bro, I have a problem specify with Davinci Resolve, i am using version 18.5 beta 2. I am using a Asus vii Maximus hero board with HDAUDIO support in frontal panel, and a microphone connected to the frontal panel. My driver installation was CLEAN (and allow the driver unsigned). I am in windows 11 22H2.

What could be it bug guys? Davinci resolve recognize microphone in 8 audio inputs, when it should be only 1.

I try install reinstall of many forms, without ASIO, only with Naihimic, but always get the same bug, without nothing of this, the microphone works perfectly in the davinci
Davinci Microphone Bugged

In discord works and are normaly. Very good
1684079359478.png

Thank u very much guys, this is amazing !!! I love it.

Last edited:
Bro, I have a problem specify with Davinci Resolve, i am using version 18.5 beta 2. I am using a Asus vii Maximus hero board with HDAUDIO support in frontal panel, and a microphone connected to the frontal panel. My driver installation was CLEAN (and allow the driver unsigned). I am in windows 11 22H2.

What could be it bug guys? Davinci resolve recognize microphone in 8 audio inputs, when it should be only 1.

I try install reinstall of many forms, without ASIO, only with Naihimic, but always get the same bug, without nothing of this, the microphone works perfectly in the davinci
View attachment 295862

In discord works and are normaly. Very good
View attachment 295863
Thank u very much guys, this is amazing !!! I love it.
Could it be the stereo upmix enabled in mmsys.cpl?

Milor123

Could it be the stereo upmix enabled in mmsys.cpl?
Nope bro, I am trying uninstall all and use for example only the AMD noise reduccion and the exactly the same problem, could help, what could be? in the mmsys.cpl dont have effects. I use EqualizerAPO but without configure it sill, i have the same problem :/

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2

Any help?

here are the tech specs of your MSI Katana GF66 laptop (from the MSI web site), GavRon. {driver downloads from the MSI site have a Realtek audio driver and a Nahimic driver listed, so I think your specific MSI laptop uses Nahimic APO4 and will not properly support DTS:X & Dolby Atmos}
Ditch/remove any modded AAF Realtek HDA drivers and stick to the un-modded ones provided by MSI, like either 6.0.9481.1 {provided for newer Katana laptop models but can work with older Katana laptops like yours}, 6.0.9492.1 or even 6.0.9500.1 (heck AlanF does not even have 9500 or even 6.0.9509.1 yet like what Mokichu currently has 9509 for asus)

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I installed everything successfully but it shows this ? ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER

open File Explorer (explorer.exe) and check if there are any files stored in the C:\Program Data\Creative\SoftwareLock folder
the X-FI MB5 app won't work correctly (or won't recognize your onboard realtek audio device) if there are no files there or if that Creative "SoftwareLock" folder does not exist