• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

rid

@rid

If you want to use or add additional enhancements to digital, like I do, but dont want Atmos, Sonic Studio etc, I complied an alternative UAD DCH driver based on Alan's mods, here.
I originally was using Alans official drivers, but got issues as mentioned by a few users, no offense to Alan but the workaround is just that, it doesn't FIX the issue.

View attachment 190877View attachment 190878

Audio Processing Object Architecture - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs
I'll have a look, cheers.

supermanz

ok im having issues in the past i just installed alans mod and worked a treat , now when i install it same as before on a clean install, i dont get 5.1 or 7.1 options in my realtek control panel all apps work fine though. I use audio jacks plugged into my motherboard for front , rear , side and a center/sub combo. Before i just unplugged the jack , and replugged it in and selected "Rear speaker". and so on , but now when i do it , i only get line-in as a option and the realtek panel is greayed out wont let me select anything apart from stereo. Can someon help me in geting this to work correctly please , as it seems output jack detection work's but won't let me select the speakers only a line-in option. @Alan Finotty
any help with my issue please guys

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9116.1

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

@supermanz

Did Alan's latest version work for you? I see you are using a few additional extensions (example, Nahimic), so my alternative probably wont serve your needs, its a base driver with DTS only.
You could try this which was a reply to ramm81 with a different issue but still related to jacks: realtek-dch-modded-audio-driver-for-windows-10.250915/post-4465358.

Another thing you could try is to install the version that worked, and copy 'RTKHDAUD.dat' from Windows/system32/, then replace it after you install the new version.

supermanz

@supermanz

Did Alan's latest version work for you? I see you are using a few additional extensions (example, Nahimic), so my alternative probably wont serve your needs, its a base driver with DTS only.
You could try this which was a reply to ramm81 with a different issue but still related to jacks: realtek-dch-modded-audio-driver-for-windows-10.250915/post-4465358.

Another thing you could try is to install the version that worked, and copy 'RTKHDAUD.dat' from Windows/system32/, then replace it after you install the new version.
No it didnt let me pick any jacks and was stuck on stereo only. Really annoying as im only trying to get better sound as my motherboard comes with alc1150 with sbc 2 , which is a old software and would like a better version for better quality of sounds :( really would like some help. Cant locate RTKHDAUD in system32 folder. Tried ramm81's solution but didnt work for me unfortunatly

I'm going to take a look at Alans .inf files and see what the bug is. The last time I looked into it, it was the generic extension .inf file that has the bug in it.

@Lai_yunie_yanto

Yes that's correct, the alternative driver uses a different method for the DTS system. Alans original driver with both decoders, uses the older patched Realtek APO (patcher doesn't work on newer APOs).
My alternative driver uses the DTS APO on Realtek, the DTS Interactive (DTS encoder) is built in as original .dll files, and is used as an endpoint FX, and latest Realtek APO.

I recently changed the driver further, allowing the Realtek APO to run in addition to the DTS system, and APO4 (DTS:X). APO4 is working but has restrictions.

----

@Dee_NA

I attached it for you below.
What versions works with the rtkapo tool?

The APO tool is view only, it cannot apply any options on the first page. These options are setup either directly inside the APO.dll, via RTKHDAUD.dat, or via settings in the drivers .inf file.

----

@Alan Finotty HDX_AllBrandExt_RTK_UAD.inf requires updating, its using an older registration system and [Digital.AddReg] has some potential mistakes.

PKEY\_CompositeFX\_Offload\_StreamEffectClsid - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

----

[Digital.AddReg]
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_DisplayName%,,%RT_FriendlyName%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_SFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_SFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_MFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_MFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_SYSFX_EFX%,,%GUID_RT_APO_EFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_Offload_SFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_OSFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_Offload_MFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_OMFX%

--

[Digital.AddReg]
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_StreamEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_SFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_MFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_EndpointEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_EFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_Offload_StreamEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_OSFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_Offload_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_OMFX%

[Strings]
REG_MULTI_SZ = 0x00010000

- Not that string names matter much

----

Disabling enhancements should be related to SFX MFX.

Last edited:
this does not work for me whatever I do once I was able to use it with a help of a post back in mid 2020's but not able to find it again, it was something like changing a value like 8080 to 0000's etc in the Alan's tool.

Uninstalled it but now I cannot use my Equalizer and not even installing my notebooks own sound drivers won't bring it back :(

I tried uninstalling with the DDU as it can remove the realtek drivers too but nothing.

I just wanted to use dolby thing while playing games :(

My Sony 2.0 speakers are good but without a good tune-up with the EQ doesn't satisfy me at all :'(

My device is; HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_15588703&REV_1002

The APO tool is view only, it cannot apply any options on the first page. These options are setup either directly inside the APO.dll, via RTKHDAUD.dat, or via settings in the drivers .inf file.

----

@Alan Finotty HDX_AllBrandExt_RTK_UAD.inf requires updating, its using an older registration system and [Digital.AddReg] has some potential mistakes.

PKEY\_CompositeFX\_Offload\_StreamEffectClsid - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

----

[Digital.AddReg]
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_SFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_SFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_MFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_MFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_SYSFX_EFX%,,%GUID_RT_APO_EFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_Offload_SFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_OSFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_Composite_Offload_MFX%,0x00010000,%GUID_RT_APO_OMFX%

--

[Digital.AddReg]
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_StreamEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_SFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_MFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_EndpointEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_EFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_Offload_StreamEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_OSFX%
HKR,"FX\\0",%PKEY_CompositeFX_Offload_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%GUID_RT_APO_OMFX%

[Strings]
REG_MULTI_SZ = 0x00010000

- Not that string names matter much

----

Disabling enhancements should be related to SFX MFX.
Be cool if it could...

kraftwerk1991

Hello i have a Acer Ryzen 5 and i really wanted the moded Realtek as you see in the picture . It seems to work ok but when i start my laptop for fisrt time i don't hear no sound at all , i only need to restart in order to work prop . Is there a fix for that ?
1615076567701.png

CastaRune

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9116.1

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Thank you Alan So much ... I got 5.1 going to my new sound bar... I was going nuts for the past week-- only to find out it was the Driver

Reactions: rid
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Thank you Alan So much ... I got 5.1 going to my new sound bar... I was going nuts for the past week-- only to find out it was the Driver
What soundbar do you have ? What was the price and do you recommend it ? Thanks for answering ;)

D

Deleted member 193792

Is the 5.1 SPDIF bug fixed, or do we still need to use 6.0.8996.2?

System Name Eh
Processor AMD FX-6300 Overclocked to 4.2ghz
Motherboard MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (Shit Motherboard)
Cooling Default Fan
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
Storage 1TB Western Digital, 500gb Samsung 860 SSD
Display(s) 24" Acer
Case Cyberpower PC mATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC887 (Using custom driver from the forums)
Power Supply EVGA Bronze 500 watt
Mouse Logitech Daedalus
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 x64
Ok so i did another fresh install of windows 10 and I cant get anything but 2 channels for some reason. Does anyone know of any fix for this? Never had this problem before. I didnt install the actual realtek driver just the driver that windows auto installs. I use the realtek tweak software and enabled a bunch of stuff like i did last time and that didnt seem to do a damn thing lmao.

Sometimes the alternative AAF driver fixes the problem, but first try disabling enhancements, It's a known issue, and I am sure Alan is looking into it.

----

I can't make it work :/ now I cannot access to the EQ too (neither in the sound settings or the realtek thing)

BTW; Alan should consider re-enabling the online driver lookup policy on the uninstaller. It's a bit annoying tbh.

@Azorath

People likely complained his drivers and-or plugins where talking to the internet, it send alarms for some people (try to check anyway).
Personally I program Linux STB's, and they do the same to get info, such as channel frequencies.

Which driver version are you using?

-massive-

how can I use dolby atmos? I could use it before but now it isn't showed in my start menu.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
how can I use dolby atmos? I could use it before but now it isn't showed in my start menu.
Have you tried searching it on the app to check if it is installed ?