• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The PS3 Clubhouse

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
your constant ebragging gets old arciks.

i'm sorry, i ignore it most of the time. but your posts only ever seem to highlight the new stuff you have, how much you have, or how early you got it.

I bought my slim in december, have over 20 games - 30 if you count PSN downloads. I have a ton of electronics, including monitors, tvs, top of the line computers, ipods, blackberries, and more. I have hundreds of games on my computer. I don't go around saying this all the time because people don't want to hear it.

talk about how great the system is, talk about how great the games are. how you want this one or what makes that one better.

but coming on here and bragging(whether or not your intention, that's what you do) about how much you have/how early you got it - will just force people to stop paying attention. personally it makes me wish there were an ignore feature.

and I truly am not trying to be rude or mean, I just think you can join the conversation without pointing out to others how much more you have than them.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
your constant ebragging gets old arciks.

i'm sorry, i ignore it most of the time. but your posts only ever seem to highlight the new stuff you have, how much you have, or how early you got it.

I bought my slim in december, have over 20 games - 30 if you count PSN downloads. I have a ton of electronics, including monitors, tvs, top of the line computers, ipods, blackberries, and more. I have hundreds of games on my computer. I don't go around saying this all the time because people don't want to hear it.

talk about how great the system is, talk about how great the games are. how you want this one or what makes that one better.

but coming on here and bragging(whether or not your intention, that's what you do) about how much you have/how early you got it - will just force people to stop paying attention. personally it makes me wish there were an ignore feature.

and I truly am not trying to be rude or mean, I just think you can join the conversation without pointing out to others how much more you have than them.

so what u got problem with it.And i dont get why are u monitoring me.Dont u got something else to do?Or you are so impressed about my postings that you just need to comment me all the time.

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
so what u got problem with it.And i dont get why are u monitoring me.Dont u got something else to do?Or you are so impressed about my postings that you just need to comment me all the time.

wow. really?

I am in no way monitoring ,, just the only posts I have ever seen from you are you telling everyone else how much you have. that is really not cool.

comment you all the time? I have never commented to or about you ever before. I have bit my tongue every time i read one of your posts spouting off about getting a game early, or how much crap you own.

I was just trying to let you know how unseemly that is. that people don't want to read it. the only reason to post it is to give yourself an unwarranted ego boost.

if you don't care whether people can stand to talk to you or not, then by all means - feel free to act like that. you'll have no friends , but at least you'll know why.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
After a solid month of raiding all the stores in town, I finally found one :D

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3457/ps312.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6027/ps31.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1971/ps32.jpg

Setting up a new PSN ID. I'll be losing all of my old friends and trophies but most of those people I never talked to anyways. So, I'd be happy to join the clubhouse :) Here's my info:

Soylent Joe
PSN Username: Courzilla
PS3 Model: 120GB Slim
Accessories Owned: Logitech Wireless USB Keyboard
TV Owned: Vizio Gallevia 46" (LCD, 1080i) or Panasonic Viera 42" (Plasma, 720p)
Games Purchased: LittleBigPlanet, Guitar Hero World Tour & III, Assassin's Creed, Motorstorm, Tony Hawk's Project Crap
Current Played Game: LBP and all kinds of demos
Games looking forward to: Heavy Rain, Brink, Dead Rising 2, GoW III, Red Dead Redemption, Split/Second
Blu-ray Movies Purchased: Iron Man Ultimate 2-Disc S.E., Spider-Man 3

Shes a beauty, nice one :D (PS, nice setup, but get those cables in some trunking, you will thank me l8r lol)

i got PS3 for 2months and got already about 15 Bly-rey movies and 10 games now.And cant wait for ps3 motion gaming experience at the end of year(than my nintendo wii, will start to get dusty :)

TBH m8, the PS Move is probably going to be just as ghey as the Wii :( I for one am not going to be jumping around my living room looking like Harry Potter on acid, whilst waving something that looks like a device my wife would break out while Im away :D

wow. really?

I am in no way monitoring ,, just the only posts I have ever seen from you are you telling everyone else how much you have. that is really not cool.

comment you all the time? I have never commented to or about you ever before. I have bit my tongue every time i read one of your posts spouting off about getting a game early, or how much crap you own.

I was just trying to let you know how unseemly that is. that people don't want to read it. the only reason to post it is to give yourself an unwarranted ego boost.

if you don't care whether people can stand to talk to you or not, then by all means - feel free to act like that. you'll have no friends , but at least you'll know why.

I get what your saying dude. Constant hardware/game name dropping does get a bit old. I admittedly talk about games that Ive played early, but its only to say if I think its :) or :( , not to pretend Im 'l33t' or anything LOL

I bought a used Fat PS3, playing games on my 24" monitor, zero bluray movies, and about 4-5 very old PS3 games, except FFXIII.

Owned. :laugh:

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
PSN username : jasper1605
PS3 Model: 60 GB launch (I camped to get it) with 250GB HDD
Accessories Owned: PS eye. many controllers lol
TV Owned: Samsung 27" 1080i hoping to be samsung pn50b650 sometime in future and 7.1 yamaha/paradigm audio (awesome for sniping)
Games Purchased: Lots: most notable: Killzone 2, MGS 4, Uncharted 1 and 2, Infamous, Sega Genesis Compilation, Rockband
Current Games Playing: Uncharted 2 on crushing
Games looking forward to: FFXIII versus (and only versus), GT5
Blu-Ray Movies Purchased: Planet Earth Series, Star Trek, Avatar preorder, Dark Knight, Transformers 1, Wall-E (my fav) Iron Man, Ice Age 1 and 2, and others

Last edited:
System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Cooling Chicken Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripshits X 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5850
Storage Kingston 128GB SSD + WD Black 640GB + 2x 1.5TB
Display(s) 24" Acer G245HQ + 19" Lenovo L194
Case Antec NSK-4482 Orangified
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7: Electric Boogaloo
The new and improved Boomroom:

I gots a list :D

I think that a $300 PS3 can be just as good of a "HTPC" as an actual HTPC :) Also, it was sounding good through just the two big speakers, but I added the two small Bose ones to the ensemble and it's sounds stinking amazing now in "5 Channel Stereo" or "Matrix" mode. Now all I need is a nice sub to add and I'll be set. Oh, sometimes, or well, a lot of the time while playing a game I'll get an extremely high pitched sound coming out of the speakers (maybe just the new ones). It's not very intrusive but noticeable nonetheless. Any idea what it could be? :wtf:

Last edited:
System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
wow. really?

as long as I know this is PS3 tread,So i can talk anything thats in common whit it.So if you dont like that i talking about games or something like that its your problem.Because you are the one who seen that problem, not others.At least they are not so rude and dont blame me for that.but you just must be......
So what I am suppose to talk here about? how my ps3 broke down,and i sended it back to fix it.is this what you want to see?Or how i upgraded my ps3 hdd?I posted only 2 posts that i have such and such games on ps3 and thats was enought for you to blackmail me.You are just jealous and thats all.I put you on ignore list so you can write anything you want I just dont care about your stupidity.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7409/boomroom.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1379/setupo.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2576/tpuonscreen.jpg

I gots a list *checks it twice*
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1857/listy.jpg

I think that a $300 PS3 can be just as good of a "HTPC" as an actual HTPC :) Also, it was sounding good through just the two big speakers, but I added the two small Bose ones to the ensemble and it's sounds stinking amazing now in "5 Channel Stereo" or "Matrix" mode. Now all I need is a nice sub to add and I'll be set. Oh, sometimes, or well, a lot of the time while playing a game I'll get an extremely high pitched sound coming out of the speakers (maybe just the new ones). It's not very intrusive but noticeable nonetheless. Any idea what it could be? :wtf:

nice!!

as long as I know this is PS3 tread,So i can talk anything thats in common whit it.So if you dont like that i talking about games or something like that its your problem.Because you are the one who seen that problem with y posts not others.At least they are not so rude and dont blame me for that.but you just must be......
So what I am suyppose to talkt here about how my ps3 broke down,and i sended it back to fix it.is this what you want to see?Or how i upgraded my ps3 hdd?I posted only 2 posts that i have such and such games on ps3 and thats was enought for you to blackmail me.You are just jealous and thats all.

you know what, i'm sorry. you are absolutely right.

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
e-PRON soylent put some pants on over those boxers in that last picture!

I'll have to get some pics of my living room since joe posted up his room (which is awesome btw!).
I've upgraded quite a few things since first getting PS3. TV, slim ps3, some games, etc.

PSN Username: johnnyfiive
PS3 Model: 120GB Slim (Used to have an 80GB, sold it since getting the free 120GB slim)
Accessories Owned: Logitech Harmony Remote
TV Owned: Sharp Aquos 52" (LED LCD 120hz 1080p)
Audio Setup: LG 5.1
Games Purchased: Little Big Planet, FFXIII, God of War Collection, Fight Night Round 3 (better than 4 imo), Uncharted 2, Killzone 2
Current Played Game: God of War 3 (GameFly rental)
Games looking forward to: Gran Turismo 5
Blu-ray Movies Purchased: Star Trek, Inglorious Bastards, and Avatar once it comes out in April

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7409/boomroom.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1379/setupo.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2576/tpuonscreen.jpg

I gots a list :D
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1857/listy.jpg

I used to get a weird high pitch noise when the PS3 was switching between video modes (720p to 1080p, etc), but its stopped on its own. If this only started with the new Bose speakers though, its probably related to them :ohwell:

The setup looks nice, I'll be expecting my invite :D

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Cooling Chicken Stock
I used to get a weird high pitch noise when the PS3 was switching between video modes (720p to 1080p, etc), but its stopped on its own. If this only started with the new Bose speakers though, its probably related to them :ohwell:

The setup looks nice, I'll be expecting my invite :D

Yeah, but I wasn't switching resolutions or anything. Also, it only did it while I was playing the GoW III demo and I hear none of it when playing music or anything else. I'll play around a little more with the amp and see if there's some option I forgot about.

From what I've concluded, here are the pros of the older and new slim models.

Pros of Fatties over Slims said:
  • PS2 game compatibility
  • More sturdy
  • Better non-slip pads on bottom
  • Somewhat more stylish
  • Power switch on back
  • Touch-sensitive buttons on unit
  • Swiveling PS logo on unit
  • Integrated media card readers
  • Less overall noise
  • Light original Sixaxis (not the Dualshock 3) controllers
  • More USB ports

Pros of Slims over Fatties said:
  • Lighter and thinner
  • Somewhat faster HDD (which usually results in quicker load and install times)
  • Cheaper
  • CPU & GPU dies down to 45nm from 90nm
  • No HDD door for replacing takes away from the looks, the hatch is somewhat hidden

I'm not hating on the Slimline models here, they're still great systems. But, adding all of these pros together would have created the perfect console for me personally.

Last edited:

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Um, I can turn my slim on with the PS button on the controller. You just hold it down.

yeah PS button works fine

theonedub

habe fidem
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
On the Slim you cannot install Linux like you could on the Phat. I used to have a 60gb (w/ upgraded HDD) but I never really used PS2 BC and Linux is handicapped for the most part (no RSX access) so I was willing to give it up to get a Slim mainly for power savings and to cut down on heat.

Noise wise the Slim is quieter minus the actual eject/inserting of a disc- at first I thought mine was broken :laugh:

yeah i have enough computers to run linux on. I am the type to mod/hack my stuff just because it sounds fun - regardless of whether I will use it or not... i'm not the kind to get an older more expensive(in my area) , harder to find piece of hardware for it though.

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Noise wise the Slim is quieter minus the actual eject/inserting of a disc- at first I thought mine was broken :laugh:

I did too lol. It is one noisy bastard when loading and ejecting.

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Cooling Chicken Stock
I did too lol. It is one noisy bastard when loading and ejecting.

Make that 3, it was quiet at the time and it actually freaked me out a little :wtf:

And yes, I know now that it can turn on with the PS button, thanks. I was just used to tapping it on my old one.

On a different note, is Heavy Rain worth full price? I played the demo and found it very very interesting. The fight got my heart racing and the whole thing seemed excellently crafted. But, I don't know if it would be the type of game I want to play over and over like LBP.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
heavy rain is pretty awesome a fresh gaming style considering all the cookie cutter crap and the difficulty scales very well so anyone can have a challange at there lvl of skill stories damn good to well worth full price

but im cheap so ill wait for its price to drop simply because i dont have the cash for all the games i want :cry:

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Cooling Chicken Stock
It hurts my soul to pay $60 for a game. I can get it for $56 from the Egg or for $57.77 at Target after tax and a 10% coupon. Has anyone found it cheaper?

I'm also looking for another controller. Newegg has them for $45 which is $10 cheaper than Target plus I won't have to pay tax. Or I could put up a WTB for one...

theonedub

habe fidem
Im with you guys on Heavy Rain. I am waiting until its cheaper then I will pick it up. I would love it if someone wanted to let me borrow it for shipping costs :D

i would do that onedub - i haven't finished it yet though i'm not playing it atm, so if you could play it and have it back to me in 2-3 weeks that would work...