• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermal paste applied on your GPU / CPU, survey!

Did you always use the same TIM on your hardware?

• Yes I do use the same one…Always!

Votes: 136 47.6%
  • No I don’t have any preferred or "trusted brand"

Votes: 100 35.0%
  • If I could I would! not always have stock of the same products!

Votes: 50 17.5%

• Total voters
System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
Seems like there's lots of highly rated pastes these days, used to be Arctic Silver on everything!

I use Ceramique on gpu and gpu memory, just because I can get it everywhere and not worry about it, and CLU on the cpu die. I like AS5, never tried mx-4 or IC Diamond.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
Well, I just sort of revived a PS3 with a re-pasting job. I used some of that infamous IC Diamond they were handing out here a while back for the job. I have a tube of MX-4, but I didn't really want to use it on a PS3... and I have lots of IC Diamond still and I figured the PS3 could handle it. The heatsink base isn't all the great to begin with anyways and the chips have heatspreaders on them so I went ahead with the IC Diamond. So far it's working great. Before I got my hands on it they used to have to have a house fan blowing on it just to use the system and it would supposedly still have overheating problems... now there's no fan blowing on it at all and it ran The Last Of Us for over an hour like a champ.

well, i have heard the story of the infamous IC diamond, its funny and also quite weird, since that i have decided not to try that paste, just to avoid it, no matter what, but its great to see you still give a try to it,

Play station 3 its the most frecuent client on a friend store, he also uses CoolerMaster Ice fusion for that tasks, cheap, great presentation, and a relative performance to a arctic ceramique maybe, still good for the great price they sell the Best value flask! i do own a flask of 20G, its great for budget tasks,

I'll save the MX-4 for applications that I think demand better performance and reliability... like applying to bare dies, preserving nice (or fragile) heatsink bases, or situations where I just want lower temps. When the application isn't critical, I'll use the IC Diamond... until I run out (if ever). At which point I'll just buy more MX-4, or whatever the current leading paste is.

Well, you know, arctic MX4 its quite great, value makes that paste even better, since its in the regular price range but offers quite great performance over all others, Thermal Grizzly its a quite great alternative but the price its another point, quite expensive and sometimes the little syringe maybe overpriced [1G presentation.] so for a couple of reasons i guess ill stay with Arctic Cooling, ill give a try to Thermal Grizzly on my delidded Ivy some day!

Seems like there's lots of highly rated pastes these days, used to be Arctic Silver on everything!

I use Ceramique on gpu and gpu memory, just because I can get it everywhere and not worry about it, and CLU on the cpu die. I like AS5, never tried mx-4 or IC Diamond.
Arctic Silver had the moment in the past, now its smoked by Arctic Cooling and Thermal Grizzly mostly, i know that there are another brands out there, Also the fact of arctic silver has Curing time and its a extended perior its what made me quit and seek another solution, the price here in CR its another point, quite expensive, like $18-25 per a 3.5Gtube when the Gelid Exteme tube its arround like $13, you see?

The most rated or sold item for arctic silver may be Arctic clean, thats a well know product that might last an extended time and will perform flawless! at a great price! $15-20 for both flasks!

Regards,

System Name Team Crimson
Processor AMD FX 8320
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory DDR3 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB RAM
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) AOC 2752H 27" 1080p
Case NZXT Source 220 Windowed
Power Supply Antec Earthworks 650W
Mouse Logitech M510/ AGPTEK T-90 Zelotes
Keyboard Logitech K360/ iBUYPOWER TTC RED Switch Mechanical
Software Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Tired of being ripped off by TIM manufacturers for 4 gram tubes , I now make my own paste out of corn starch and water.
The best part is that it's non-conductive!

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
Arctic Silver had the moment in the past, now its smoked by Arctic Cooling and Thermal Grizzly mostly, i know that there are another brands out there, Also the fact of arctic silver has Curing time and its a extended perior its what made me quit and seek another solution, the price here in CR its another point, quite expensive, like $18-25 per a 3.5Gtube when the Gelid Exteme tube its arround like $13, you see?

The most rated or sold item for arctic silver may be Arctic clean, thats a well know product that might last an extended time and will perform flawless! at a great price! $15-20 for both flasks!
Hmm, I have to agree, even the pre applied MX1 arctic cooling paste on the freezer 7 pro (feels like ancient history now!) was quite a lot better than Arctic silver 5 with an un-lapped IHS/heatsink, but I found the story changed when lapping both surfaces, I guess due to the AS5 being runnier and spreading out thinner perhaps. I have some stuff by OCZ somewhere too, I seem to remember that worked ok. TBH I think they all perform fairly similarly, other than the CLU which is really good but expensive. I'll try the grizzly stuff at some point too, hadn't even heard of it until recently but I've been away

On the topic of Arctic clean, I did buy it years back and rated it very highly, but I just use 100% Isopropyl alcohol now, comes in a 1L bottle for £5 and free postage on ebay. Works just as good if not better, doesn't smell as good though :laugh:

Last edited:

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Hmm, I have to agree, even the pre applied MX1 arctic cooling paste on the freezer 7 pro (feels like ancient history now!) was quite a lot better than Arctic silver 5 with an un-lapped IHS/heatsink, but I found the story changed when lapping both surfaces, I guess due to the AS5 being runnier and spreading out thinner perhaps. I have some stuff by OCZ somewhere too, I seem to remember that worked ok. TBH I think they all perform fairly similarly, other than the CLU which is really good but expensive. I'll try the grizzly stuff at some point too, hadn't even heard of it until recently but I've been away

well arctic have two options now days, Arctic mx4 which is the newer formula / version of their traditional compound, easier to apply /spread, and the old MX2 which is harder to apply and spread as far as i know both give the same results,
Termal Grizzly has several pastes, moar info here!

Arctic Silver 5 its a old tale!

On the topic of Arctic clean, I did buy it years back and rated it very highly, but I just use 100% Isopropyl alcohol now, comes in a 1L bottle for £5 and free postage on ebay. Works just as good if not better, doesn't smell as good though :laugh:
i have several solutions for the cleaning topic, but i like so much arctic cleaner, i use it mostly for GPU's,
the isopropyl alcohol its another fgreat option, a friend that works for a chemical plant brought me like 2 lts of isopropyl alcohol and ether, so mixed them and use that solution for cleaning labors!

Regards,

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
if you want nano diamond past,

my recommendation are Antec Nano and Cooler Master Mastergel Maker Nano, unlike IC .... their rep are clear about issues and "do & don't" about their TIM

i did test the Cooler Master, well, temp wise, it's on par with the TG Kryo, which is a good thing and it cost a little less than the TG.

(nonetheless TG still keeps my preference all category confounded, and MX-4 for cheap work if i need )

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
i did test the Cooler Master, well, temp wise, it's on par with the TG Kryo, which is a good thing and it cost a little less than the TG.
Master Gel Maker?
Tell me moar!
Regards,

System Name Team Crimson
Processor AMD FX 8320
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory DDR3 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB RAM
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) AOC 2752H 27" 1080p
Case NZXT Source 220 Windowed
Power Supply Antec Earthworks 650W
Mouse Logitech M510/ AGPTEK T-90 Zelotes
Keyboard Logitech K360/ iBUYPOWER TTC RED Switch Mechanical
Software Windows 8.1 64 Bit
if you want nano diamond past,

my recommendation are Antec Nano and Cooler Master Mastergel Maker Nano, unlike IC .... their rep are clear about issues and "do & don't" about their TIM

(nonetheless TG still keeps my preference all category confounded, and MX-4 for cheap work if i need )

For me Diamond Paste is too pricey, I go instead with Cubic Zirconia Paste, made by Fugazi.

System Name Brutus
Processor AMD Ryzen 5600X PBO
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling EKWB AIO 240MM Push-Pull fans
Memory Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 4000 32GB (4x8) @4066 CL16, Custom Timings
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 1080Ti FE OC
Storage Kingston A2000 500GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung 24" S24D300 + 2x LG LED 24"
Case Cooler Master H500
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Titanium Fatality Professional
Power Supply Sama Forza Modular 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Cooler Master Master Keys Lite
Keyboard Cooler Master Master Keys Lite
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I am not really happy with the MX4 and for a fact I think that my old MX2 performed better by 1 or 2 deg. So, after reading reviews on google, stating that this is better than Gelid GC Extreme, I went for it. Hope I did not make a mistake :)
CM maker nano 2.jpg
CM Maker nano 1.jpg

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
well, i have heard the story of the infamous IC diamond, its funny and also quite weird, since that i have decided not to try that paste, just to avoid it, no matter what, but its great to see you still give a try to it,

Play station 3 its the most frecuent client on a friend store, he also uses CoolerMaster Ice fusion for that tasks, cheap, great presentation, and a relative performance to a arctic ceramique maybe, still good for the great price they sell the Best value flask! i do own a flask of 20G, its great for budget tasks,

Well, you know, arctic MX4 its quite great, value makes that paste even better, since its in the regular price range but offers quite great performance over all others, Thermal Grizzly its a quite great alternative but the price its another point, quite expensive and sometimes the little syringe maybe overpriced [1G presentation.] so for a couple of reasons i guess ill stay with Arctic Cooling, ill give a try to Thermal Grizzly on my delidded Ivy some day!

Regards,

AS5 was a good paste in its day, as far as performance goes... but it was electrically conductive and it needed to be cleaned up and re-applied far more often than current pastes (MX-2, MX-4 etc) which aren't electrically conductive!

Yeah, the PS3 has problems for sure. Most PS3 deaths are related to heat. God knows how many people have them in small enclosed spaces where they can't really breathe properly... or play them a lot and never clean them, so I mostly blame that (even though you can't really open the PS3 on your own anyway, but you can at least blow it out). But the thermal paste they use is a real issue as well. Underneath layers of plastic and metal and piles of screws are two big chips with a crappy application of god knows what paste. Clean it up and do it yourself and you get better results.

I know what it's like to work in a factory... things get rushed all the time and "passable" parts are going out the door on a constant basis. And this is just for plastic things... garbage cans, totes and whatnot. A PS3 is unimaginably more complex. I don't think they have the time to do a proper thermal paste application and check each one to make sure it's good. Of course I can do a better job of it myself at home... I have all the time in the world to do it right. That said I think most of the benefit comes from a better application, not so much the paste itself. There's barely a difference between thermal paste when it comes to temperature when I've seen TIM wars where they all get pitted against eachother. I'm sure the IC Diamond was better than the paste they used at the factory... but I think it mostly comes down to a better application of the stuff (and probably the original paste getting old).

MX4 is a good performer but I like it for being easy to apply, easy to clean up, its longevity and non conductivity. I'm all for lower temps but all that other stuff is quite important too! If they never made MX3 or MX4, MX2 still being their current product, I'd still use that. It was significantly better than any silver paste I've ever used. It cleaned up much easier and I didn't have to worry about shorting something out either... and that silvery paste has a tenancy to stain the surfaces it's on for so long.

Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
I am not really happy with the MX4 and for a fact I think that my old MX2 performed better by 1 or 2 deg. So, after reading reviews on google, stating that this is better than Gelid GC Extreme, I went for it. Hope I did not make a mistake :)
ypu are unhappy for 1 or 2 degrees? im ultra happy with MX4

Yeah, the PS3 has problems for sure. Most PS3 deaths are related to heat. God knows how many people have them in small enclosed spaces where they can't really breathe properly... or play them a lot and never clean them, so I mostly blame that (even though you can't really open the PS3 on your own anyway, but you can at least blow it out). But the thermal paste they use is a real issue as well. Underneath layers of plastic and metal and piles of screws are two big chips with a crappy application of god knows what paste. Clean it up and do it yourself and you get better results.
agreed, most game centers...

System Name Brutus
Case Cooler Master H500
2 deg @ 60C is 3.33% bud :D

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
My tube of Kryonaut ran out and i have been using some ek ectotherm that came bundled with a waterblock, zero difference in temperatures as far as i can tell on my sandybridge rig (more likely to show a difference than the skylake due to soldered die), good stuff

System Name Hakase
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X @ Stock
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Memory 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000MHz 18-18-18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX1070 Dual
Storage 250GB 860EVO - 2x600GB Cheetah 15k7 - 2x2TB Constellation ES - 2+3TB Green - 500GB Deskstar
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2476-smhd
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Fostex PC100USB > Altec Lansing ATP-3
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight - Razer ExactMat Control
Keyboard Leopold FC750R, MX Blue
Software Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores not benching anymore...
still using the olde NT-H1
works well, cheap, and easy to find here.
application is always a rice grain size in the middle, let the pressure from the HSF spreads the paste.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
My tube of Kryonaut ran out and i have been using some ek ectotherm that came bundled with a waterblock, zero difference in temperatures as far as i can tell on my sandybridge rig (more likely to show a difference than the skylake due to soldered die), good stuff
i wish intel would never stoped to do soldered processors instead the current ones with that shitty paste...
but its great to see there is a comparison between pastes like Thermal Grizzly and a 3rd party branded one, i would try to look up for moar info about the EK ectotherm to see moar about specs and info! could be also Thermal Grizzly branded, so thats the reason why no difference between temps

still using the olde NT-H1
works well, cheap, and easy to find here.
application is always a rice grain size in the middle, let the pressure from the HSF spreads the paste.
have heard a lot about this one, several people claims its performace pretty close to MX4 or Kyronaout

Regards,

VR HMD Medion Erazer
i wish intel would never stoped to do soldered processors instead the current ones with that shitty paste...
but its great to see there is a comparison between pastes like Thermal Grizzly and a 3rd party branded one, i would try to look up for moar info about the EK ectotherm to see moar about specs and info! could be also Thermal Grizzly branded, so thats the reason why no difference between temps

have heard a lot about this one, several people claims its performace pretty close to MX4 or Kyronaout

Regards,

nah nah nah .... the only one close to the Kryonaut is the GC-Extreme, the NT-H1 is close to the ICD7 (more like demolished 7) and above the MX-4 indeed but lower than Hydronaut. (in a pocket of the 8° TIM only the Kyronaut pass the 8° and do 7.88° :laugh: )

EK TIM are rebranded GC-Extreme most of the time, i wonder about the Ectotherm tho but i never saw some good conclusion.

Tim_test_update1.png

only one king before the LM TIM and we know who it is now ;)

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
only one king before the LM TIM and we know who it is now ;)
you should ask for a job on Thermal Grizzly, you convinced me for a moment to replace Arctic on my stock and use TG!
thanks for info my friend

Regards,

VR HMD Medion Erazer
you should ask for a job on Thermal Grizzly, you convinced me for a moment to replace Arctic on my stock and use TG!
thanks for info my friend

Regards,
ahah ... true that ... :laugh: ... the saddest part would be: i am Swiss ... shame on me to drop Arctic for a German brand :roll: (oh well i keep the MX-4 for lesser jobs hehehe )
(raahhhh cooler master tempt me nonetheless ... but i am no fan of nano diamond past ... although that one is the best of them, and not mentioning the best feature : not IC related ;) )

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
ahah ... true that ... :laugh: ... the saddest part would be: i am Swiss ... shame on me to drop Arctic for a German brand :roll: (oh well i keep the MX-4 for lesser jobs hehehe )
(raahhhh cooler master tempt me nonetheless ... but i am no fan of nano diamond past ... although that one is the best of them, and not mentioning the best feature : not IC related ;) )
i guess everyone has a loved brand like you right now! its easy to guess mine!

Regards,

System Name Brutus
Case Cooler Master H500
Week old MX4 after 5 min of LinX:

73-72-70-70

CM Nano stuff

70-69-67-68

Worth it in my case. :)

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Week old MX4 after 5 min of LinX:

73-72-70-70

CM Nano stuff

70-69-67-68

Worth it in my case. :)
weird but great numbers on temps!

System Name Brutus
Case Cooler Master H500
I dont know bud, maybe my MX4 was poop, or this thing is really good.

VR HMD Medion Erazer
I dont know bud, maybe my MX4 was poop, or this thing is really good.
second statement ... while the 1st number are good the 2nd row are excellent .... :p (for a per core monitoring )

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Update :rockout:

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Reference: Stock paste & thermal Pads
Previous temps:
idle:
35-38
Load: 79-85

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Reference: Arctic MX4 & Actic Thermal Pad (1mm):
Current temps:
idle: 27-31
Load: 71-78

Decided to give a fresh TIM application on this babe, thermal pad replace with some pieces of a thermal pad a friend had lying around there, sadly was way too old and little bit hard, I was able to replace almost all thermal pads, so in a near future I'll replace all of them with a brand new thermal pad, this is my first time replacing thermal pads on video cards vi the way!

Feel free to post any TIM re-application and comments about the topic!
:lovetpu:

Regards,