• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlock the shaders - AMD Radeon RX 560D

pablito016

no, i was just curious is all.
so far so good, has a lovely performance on e-sports and with my new ryzen 5 1600 works perfectly fine in a lot of games... i did a little bit of OC (card+processor) and all run smooth...

PS: Also upgrade Rams from 1*8 2400 to 2*8 3000... i think this helps a lot to good performance...

MarlboroMan

continued from post#174
i want to thanks aGeoM YOU DA MAN ! and OTHERS that contributed to this mod. at first i didn't have high hopes but....
surprisingly my cheap ~$75 Chinese RX560 4GB (not too sure is it a RX460 reflash) successfully unlocked to 1024 stream processor
+1 success case here
GPU: Baffin , Rev. CF
4096MB Micron
6-pin Pwr-in
Dual Fan

strange thing is has full PCI-e goldfinger contact on both side......

Asingh97

So i got the new Gigabyte RX 560D 4G OC Edition here in India for pretty cheap :p,

Here is the link to my card website -
I tried the above mentioned methods like replacing the hex code from 6F 22 70 22 to 6F 22 6F 22 but it didn't work :(

So can anyone here help me unlock it to full 1024 shaders :)

I've attached my stock BIOS + GPUZ screen grab

I'd be very happy if anyone unlocks the bios.

Gigarx560d.gif

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• Gigabyte RX 560D Polaris 21.zip
    108.1 KB · Views: 518

Asingh97

here is the unlocked bios. be sure to download the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher from HERE and extract it to your desktop. after you flash the unlocked bios you need to restart the pc. after restarting you then need to run the patcher. after it patches the drivers just restart it again. good luck and post a gpuz screenshot of afterwards.

Hello Sir!

Could you please help me too unlock my BIOS ? :)
My post is at the last message of this thread.

LPerez43

Please unlock my HIS RX560D 2gb. Thanks!

Attachments

• Baffin.zip
    108.8 KB · Views: 384

StarIIB

tried the tutorial on my xfx rx560 2gb,
worked perfectly Thx
Hi friend. Can you send me your modded bios file? I've got XFX RX560 2Gb with 6pin power connector. And please tell me why is your memory works on 1500Mhz freq.? (Should be 1750mhz)

Jedahty

Hey all,

I've got an Asus TUF Fx505DY and i want to unlock the shaders of my RX 560X. How can i do it?

Thanks for the help in advance

Rannz7

Can you modify my Bios? I tried to changed the Hex but when it's done and I try to flash the Bios it keeps giving me the can't find the Vbios error. You'll just have to edit it's name and remove the .Zip since it kept saying .rom isn't allowed.

Update- I got it, just had to force the flash and worked. Went from 896 Shaders to 1024.

Attachments

• PowercolorRDAXRX560D.rom.zip
    256 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

0_MooN_0

when I unlocked my card it became unstable so I put original bios back in Good Luck.

cibemerah

Hello sir,

i have an AFOX RX 560D, and i need your help to unlock the shaders to 1024,
i alredy save my original bios,

AFOX RX560D.gif

Thank you very much for your attention

Attachments

• Baffin.rar
    49.7 KB · Views: 292

Tibinator

Veineda RX560D 4gb

BEFORE / AFTER
2020-07-01_12-11-24.png
after.png

Aliexpress: HERE 79.92USD
Attach File: ROM ORIGINAL + MOD to 1024shaders

Attachments

• Veineda_RX560D_Baffin.rar
    99.1 KB · Views: 392
  • 123.gif
    123.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:

rompeqkas

Hey everyone, can someone help me please?

I just bought this Corn brand Rx 560: https://www.newegg.com/p/27N-003A-00005

I tried another Bios and I ended up "Bricked" I had to access it again with the technique of pinching pins 1 and 8

Anyway, could someone free me the shaders of the original Bios so that this doesn't happen to me again? Or to whom could I write? Thank you very much

Attachments

• Original.gif
    Original.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Polaris 21.rar
    50 KB · Views: 139

Tibinator

Hey everyone, can someone help me please?

I just bought this Corn brand Rx 560: https://www.newegg.com/p/27N-003A-00005

I tried another Bios and I ended up "Bricked" I had to access it again with the technique of pinching pins 1 and 8

Anyway, could someone free me the shaders of the original Bios so that this doesn't happen to me again? Or to whom could I write? Thank you very much

can you save again the bios? attach here.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The idea of a written guide is so readers can follow it and do modifications THEMSELVES.
Post 35 shows quite clearly the process that is needed to be followed.

rompeqkas

Sorry i try but not possible for me.... :( i hope somebody else can help you

I understand man, thank you very much for trying it anyway, with "Final_fighter" we tried but it was not possible either. I hope someone knows what can be done with this strange card ... I am desperate!

The idea of a written guide is so readers can follow it and do modifications THEMSELVES.
Post 35 shows quite clearly the process that is needed to be followed.

I totally agree, and it is one of the first things I try to do, but if you look at it it's impossible that way with my graphic card, apparently it has a different encoding; Anyway thanks for writing, and if you know of any other way I would greatly appreciate it

alexcosta99

could unlock my xfx rx 560d please?
my bios below
thanks!

Attachments

• rx.gif
    rx.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 327
  • xfxrx560d.rar
    108 KB · Views: 160

Susurs

Last edited:
Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force TXKD416G3600HC18ADC01 16gbs XMP
Video Card(s) HP GTX1650 super 4gb
Storage MZVLB256HBHQ-000H1 PM981a (256GB)/3TB HDD
Display(s) Nitro XF243Y Pbmiiprx
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Keyboard Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
Hi!
Could the same hex value (as in post 35) be applied for RX 560 MXM card? Or can shaders be unlocked there at all for Baffin XT?

Respectively, can 560 Baffin XT with 896 shaders be unlocked somehow to its full variant:https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-560-mobile.c3069

i have not had any success unlocking the mobile rx560 mxm cards. i have tried cross flashing but that got me no where either. i do believe it can be unlocked but it requires a specific bios to get it done. its really a hunch that i have but i do not have the time to dissect an AIO pc bios and create the necessary file.

could unlock my xfx rx 560d please?
my bios below
thanks!
after you flash the bios reboot the pc. then use amd/ati pixel clock patcher to patch the drivers and reboot again. if the display drivers are not working still than go to device manager and under display adapters right click the graphics adapter and press disable then re enable it.

also, the card may not unlock but the bios should still flash. i bumped the memory up from 1500mhz to 1750mhz. also bumped the core clock up. if the unlock is not successful you will get a bit of performance increase from the increased clocks. more than you would have from the unlock alone. please post a gpuz screenshot of the new bios.

good luck.

Attachments

• xfxrx560d.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 231

alexcosta99

i have not had any success unlocking the mobile rx560 mxm cards. i have tried cross flashing but that got me no where either. i do believe it can be unlocked but it requires a specific bios to get it done. its really a hunch that i have but i do not have the time to dissect an AIO pc bios and create the necessary file.

after you flash the bios reboot the pc. then use amd/ati pixel clock patcher to patch the drivers and reboot again. if the display drivers are not working still than go to device manager and under display adapters right click the graphics adapter and press disable then re enable it.

also, the card may not unlock but the bios should still flash. i bumped the memory up from 1500mhz to 1750mhz. also bumped the core clock up. if the unlock is not successful you will get a bit of performance increase from the increased clocks. more than you would have from the unlock alone. please post a gpuz screenshot of the new bios.

good luck.
It worked! thank you so much friend, you helped me a lot, i was looking for this for a long time, but i was scared of doing it myself and going wrong, thank you very much from my heart

Cordially
Alex.

It worked! thank you so much friend, you helped me a lot, i was looking for this for a long time, but i was scared of doing it myself and going wrong, thank you very much from my heart

Cordially
Alex.
I reset my msi afterburner settings and that's correct, before it was limiting the video memory bandwidth

Attachments

• rx560d 1024shaders.gif
    rx560d 1024shaders.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 393
  • rx.gif
    rx.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 315
  • bandwidth correct.gif
    bandwidth correct.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 332

Susurs

good luck.

Thank you for the reply! I was actually able to successfully do it few days ago with my MXM card: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ers-be-unlocked-to-1024-update-it-can.276514/
There were still some confusions regarding performance. Any comments woud be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Kyllu88

Cordially
Alex.

I reset my msi afterburner settings and that's correct, before it was limiting the video memory bandwidth
Hi. I have the same rx 560 version. After the bios update, my shaders do not change. The rest has changed.