1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by NGeo, Dec 12, 2016.

1. NGeo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I take the initiative and create this thread since the old one is getting too big and people mix windows 7 and windows 10 methods.

The purpose of this thread is to help people, who are using windows 10 and Realtek R2.80 or newer driver version, unlock DTS and Dolby Digital playback sound.

Please DO NOT post here on how it worked for you on windows 7 or with older versions of Realtek driver etc...

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Orof New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wait. what?

Iv'e just installed the R2.79 driver with windows 10 and Logitech Z5500 speakers - the DTS/DDL works flawlessly.
    motherboard is Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 (ALC1150) , which does not come with DTS support naturally.

if R2.80 does not work, why not install R2.79?

3. NGeo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I already did install R2.79 and it works fine, but this is for newer driver since the old one was not optimized for windows 10. Thats the point of the thread here.

4. Orof New Member

Thanks Received:
    i see. i dont feel that the R2.79 is not optemized, but as long as i have my dts working, i wont complain.

what are the new fetures that the 2.80 brings?

5. quickgiant New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm that the R2.80 driver works (at least for my motherboard) with the patcher from page 47 of the other thread (this one) using a guide from page 62 (this one). My motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H, has ALC892. Both DTS and Dolby Digital Live work properly.

6. TrancëJay New Member

Thanks Received:
    What Windows build?

I am on 14986 and no method has worked.

7. itachimendes

itachimendes

Thanks Received:
    i'm using win10 build 14986 but no mod works!

win10 build 14393 works perfectly! with r280 using dll A1 (275 or 279)

ps: sorry my bad english...i'm Brazilian!

8. NGeo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Could you please write down here what exactly did you do to make it work for you?
    Thanks.

9. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    It worked for me (Dolby & DTS are options for me now). However whenever I open my audio panel is says there is a problem and my Realtek HD audio manager pops up for no apparent reason. Uninstalling.

10. JordanMihailov New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've red the other win 7 8 8.1 topic with all the mods and versions, tried a lot of them and nothing worked. Don't know what to do anymore :(((
    I have z97 extreme 4 with Realtek ALC1150 and use it with optical out port that connect the 5.1 receiver. Recently reinstalled windows and the new win10 does't have dts interactive support:( If i set it to that option no sound goes to the receiver.
    Right now i use 6.0.1.7541 realtek manager with 2.79 drivers i think, 2.80 didn't work. Used that modified ones...no result also. The thing is that with the previous windows i managed to get that sound working but with this one not a chance so far.
    Windows is win10 Enterprise LTSB version.- 10240 version

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  11. itachimendes

itachimendes

Thanks Received:
    Work in windows 10 build 15025???

12. Karmaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    where is the WIN10 Hacked drivers?

13. deemon

Thanks Received:
    Hacked or not... it kind of hurts my brain, why they don't even sell licenced legal drivers ... ffs!

14. Karmaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess the term i should have used was "Unlocked"

itachimendes says thanks.
  15. Alan Finote New Member

Thanks Received:
    People I just made a MOD Driver on Realtek by enabling SRS Premium Sound. This is valid for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (in my case). Follow the link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boHnScN-5QGt52_w9

TIP: Working on all Windows 10 versions.
    Driver Version: 6.0.1.8035

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    itachimendes says thanks.
  16. deemon

Thanks Received:
    what is SRS?

17. Killerdroid

Killerdroid

Thanks Received:
    Since a TV cannot provide a genuine surround sound experience, technologies like SRS TheaterSound, SRS TruSurround HD and SRS Wow HD are used to "trick" the mind into thinking that the sound is "bigger" than a 2.1 or stereo speaker system can produce.

Alan Finote says thanks.
  18. Enforcer New Member

Thanks Received:
    First of all, thank you for the idea and work, however I get a weird error on any windows 10 computer I am trying to install your package. Right after unpacking, when it begins the instalation, I get a cabinet error or something, no matter what I do. My pc is bulletproof so it can't be from my side, also tried on several other windows 10 systems and happened same thing. Can you please look into it ?

19. Alan Finote New Member

Thanks Received:
    Friend, to install this driver package in Windows 10, first uninstall the package you are currently using, go to Settings> Update and Security> Recovery and in ADVANCED INITIALIZATION click Restart Now.

From there you go to Advanced Options> Startup Settings and click Restart Now.

You will notice that before loading the system will appear boot options (Security Mode, etc.) press the number key 7 (DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT) and wait for the system boot.

After that, just install the driver package. But ATTENTION: you will see a digital driver signature warning box; Click INSTALL THIS DRIVER SOFTWARE and continue the installation normally.

After the installation is complete, restart your computer again.

Then just enjoy the features of the SRS.

Attached Files:

20. NGeo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does your version support DTS and Dolby Live 5.1 as well?

21. itachimendes

itachimendes

Thanks Received:
    Work ddl and dts???

22. itachimendes

itachimendes

Thanks Received:
    20170308_171406.jpg

I Found erro: The HASH of file...is not present in Catalog

23. Alan Finote New Member

Thanks Received:
    Português: O seu Windows 10 está instalado em modo UEFI ? Se sim, vá em Configurações > Atualização e Segurança > Recuperação; Terá uma área chamada Inicialização Avançada; Clique em Reiniciar Agora.
    Após o POST BIOS, você verá uma lista de opções de inicialização do sistema. Pressione a tecla 7 (Desabilitar Imposição de Assinatura de Driver) e aguarde a inicialização do sistema.
    Feito isso, instale novamente o driver, daí você verá uma caixa parecida com a figura abaixo. Clique na opção de baixo (Instalar este software de driver mesmo assim) e aguarde o término da instalação do driver. Ao completar, é só reiniciar o computador normalmente.

English: Is your Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode? If yes, go to Settings> Update and Security> Recovery; It will have an area called Advanced Initialization; Click Restart Now.
    After the POST BIOS, you will see a list of system startup options. Press the 7 key (Disable Driver Signature Enforcement) and wait for the system to boot.
    After that, install the driver again, then you will see a box similar to the one below. Click the option below (Install this driver software anyway) and wait for the driver installation to finish. When complete, just restart the computer normally.

Attached Files:

24. itachimendes

itachimendes

Thanks Received:
    I already did it, it's always the same mistake!
    And is missing ".inf" files in the win64 folder .... is it normal ???
    I use the r281 mod driver and it works perfectly.
    My windows is 14393.

25. Alan Finote New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, its normal.