• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Percentage of Games Do You Finish Once You Begin to Play Them?

What Percentage of Games Do You Finish Once You Begin to Play Them?

• Below 50%

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • 50% to 59%

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • 60% to 69%

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • 70% to 79%

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • 80% to 89%

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 90% to 100%

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
That's very helpful people, thankyou so much. :toast:

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
That's very helpful people, thankyou so much. :toast:

Remember, the main point of gaming is to have fun. If a trainer or walkthrough in solo play helps you achieve that, use it. No one here cares if you do.

Surfers have a saying: the best surfer is the one who is having the most fun. Not the guy with a $5000 custom board with $800 worth of special FCS fins, organic wax, whatever.

If getting killed twenty times in a row while trying to defeat a boss causes enough frustration to consider rage quitting, use that trainer.

There are plenty of tasks in my life that are annoying, tiresome, useless, brainless, whatever. I really don't need that in my gaming. Pulling weeds in a garden simulator? No thanks, I have a real garden with real plants, real weeds, real pests, real droughts, real heatwaves, etc.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
There are plenty of tasks in my life that are annoying, tiresome, useless, brainless, whatever. I really don't need that in my gaming. Pulling weeds in a garden simulator? No thanks, I have a real garden with real plants, real weeds, real pests, real droughts, real heatwaves, etc.

I can't stress this enough, thats also my main rule with gaming.
If it becomes more annoying than fun then what the hell I'm doing, I have real life to annoy/piss me off I don't need that from a game I'm supposedly playing to escape the everyday crap and have fun.

That said I almost never use trainers or anything but I have no problems with ppl who do so in single player games.
The most I did recently is use the in game immortality setting for the second DLC's last boss in Control after failing the fight for ~1+ hours, figures that as soon as I enabled it I managed the fight w/o getting killed.:laugh: 'even if you enable the immortality option in the menu you still take damage just wont die but my HP did not drop completely so basically it wasn't even needed..'

The only reason I'm playing Hardcore in Diablo 3 is cause well I know the game more than enough and honestly the hardcore mode in D3 is a joke, you can have multiple cheat death passives nowadays with most meta builds and the biggest worry is a random crash/disconnect anyway. 'or being stupid in general like not pausing the game/porting to town when I go afk in a dungeon:oops:'

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
For me gaming is a way to recover from burnout, so I might not get to finish a game when this objective is met.

Lei

Processor 3900x - Bykski waterblock
Motherboard MSI b450m mortar max BIOS Date 27 Apr 2023
Cooling αcool 560 rad - 2xPhanteks F140XP
Memory Micron 32gb 3200mhz ddr4
Video Card(s) Colorful 3090 ADOC active backplate cooling
Storage WD SN850 2tb ,HP EX950 1tb, WD UltraStar Helioseal 18tb+18tb
Display(s) 24“ HUION pro 4k 10bit
Case aluminium extrusions copper panels, 60 deliveries for every piece down to screws
Audio Device(s) sony stereo mic, logitech c930, Gulikit pro 2 + xbox Series S controller, moded bt headphone 1200mAh
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse pen display, no mouse no click
Keyboard Microsoft aio media embedded touchpad (moded lithium battery 1000mAh)
Software Win 11 23h2 build 22631
Benchmark Scores cine23 20000
Well I play until like 2 ~ 3 hours of game is over. I mean I spend 4 days and by 3 hours I mean when you see the walkthrough of the game on YouTube. Until that point. Not that I play only for 3 hours.

Then I switch to another game. I go back to the first game some weeks later.

For example I played until chapter 5 of Yakuza Like a Dragon some weeks ago. But ever since I'm playing racing games such as Grid and Dirt. Not back to Yakuza yet.

I actually liked the 5th chapter. It wasn't a point it got boring. On the contrary, a female antagonist joined the crew. So I knew there's some fun going on. That's were I stopped and left it for later surprise. :D

gQx

I can't stress this enough, thats also my main rule with gaming.
If it becomes more annoying than fun then what the hell I'm doing, I have real life to annoy/piss me off I don't need that from a game I'm supposedly playing to escape the everyday crap and have fun.

That said I almost never use trainers or anything but I have no problems with ppl who do so in single player games.
The most I did recently is use the in game immortality setting for the second DLC's last boss in Control after failing the fight for ~1+ hours, figures that as soon as I enabled it I managed the fight w/o getting killed.:laugh: 'even if you enable the immortality option in the menu you still take damage just wont die but my HP did not drop completely so basically it wasn't even needed..'

The only reason I'm playing Hardcore in Diablo 3 is cause well I know the game more than enough and honestly the hardcore mode in D3 is a joke, you can have multiple cheat death passives nowadays with most meta builds and the biggest worry is a random crash/disconnect anyway. 'or being stupid in general like not pausing the game/porting to town when I go afk in a dungeon:oops:'
no that's a bottomless pit bro. I started cheating with couple coin there reviving here then I couldn't stop myself. Caught by my brother while we were playing age of empires 4 and can't look him in the face now. I promised him I'll get better and thankfully I am 2 years sober it is hard each session of gaming but that's life.

• Haha
Reactions: Lei
no that's a bottomless pit bro. I started cheating with couple coin there reviving here then I couldn't stop myself. Caught by my brother while we were playing age of empires 4 and can't look him in the face now. I promised him I'll get better and thankfully I am 2 years sober it is hard each session of gaming but that's life.
I'm pretty sure there's a healthy balance between cheating everything vs putting up with frustrations. I mean there are cheats out there intended to be fun / funny to play. Since you like AoE 4, you should trick your brother into playing the original Age of Empires then try these codes out and see what his reaction is:- :D

BIGDADDY - Spawned a "Sports car with a machine gun" unit
FLYING DUTCHMAN - Your naval ships could fly on land
KING ARTHUR - Changed all birds into red dragons
POW - Spawned a "Baby on a tricycle with a bazooka" unit

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm pretty sure there's a healthy balance between cheating everything vs putting up with frustrations. I mean there are cheats out there intended to be fun / funny to play. Since you like AoE 4, you should trick your brother into playing the original Age of Empires then try these codes out and see what his reaction is:- :D

Tbh I used to cheat a lot in my younger days like during my elementary school-high school years but nowadays pretty much nothing so no its not a bottomless pit for me.:)
That Control example was the only one I did in a very long time cause I just wanted to finish the DLC and that boss design was simply too frustrating, finished rest of the game with no help anyway.

Regardless if ppl want to use whatever in their single player games its up to them, aint got a problem with that.
For example I've legit farmed out 3 fully geared end game capable char in Borderlands 3 while its fairly common in the community to just download someone else's savefile/or send over duped gear, yeah no that doesn't fly with me and it would ruin the whole point of the game for me but I don't care if others do it since it does not affect my game in any way.

This topic kinda reminds me that I need to finish FEAR 1 cause I want to start playing Cyberpunk now that I bought it and its decently patched up. 'its gonna take me a long time to finish Cyberpunk so I better finish other stuff before'

Lei

Case aluminium extrusions copper panels, 60 deliveries for every piece down to screws
Audio Device(s) sony stereo mic, logitech c930, Gulikit pro 2 + xbox Series S controller, moded bt headphone 1200mAh
@BSim500 @Sithaer
I cheat in Need for Speed Heat. And then those bitch cops come and steal all I earned by cheating :cry:

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
If you go by playthroughs, it's teetering around the halfway mark. I ultimately DO finish every game that I start at some point, just not always on the first or second pass. Sometimes I just get this terrible sinking feeling as I reach the end. I get this hyperfocus fixation on the game loop and all of the different points of progress that I just don't want it to end. If that's how I feel, like I want there to be more game before I reach the end, I will often just restart and use whatever I learned to optimize and essentially have a more refined experience with the game. I've learned to like doing it that way, as it gets me more involved with mechanics I may otherwise pass over and thus, I ultimately get a more complete pass of the game.

Other times, I just get terrible choice blindness, where I can't decide what to plug into and cycle games day by day. I get into this ADHD mode where it's less about focusing on one specific thing and more about being able to quickly pivot across a lot of things. So I still enjoy it - I get these interesting side-by-side impressions of games and when I'm in that state, every game feels fresh and cool to me, even if I get antsy to play another not too long after. It's a bit like my mind is just changing channels. To continue is total boredom. Like, it's painful levels of boredom - dysphoric inner ennui. And 'poof!' goes my short-term memory and thus my ability to play the game competently. But if I move into a different game, I may zoom ahead like I've been practicing. If it's a game that I already have past experience with, it's like I never stopped playing it, and I'm just as into it as I was last time I started, if not more.

Just watching where my intuition pulls me, cues me into what I have state-dependent-memory for. This condition involves a lot of what might be called 'low-grade altered-states' that can arise. At this point in my progression, I can delineate them to an extent and tap into that state-dependent-memory to get really into a game really fast. It's basically maximum enjoyment and engagement in minimal time. And so, I tend to think that when I cycle, I am subconsciously seeking an 'in' to that. I just kind of let it lead me into playing that game that's going to be super captivating and interesting to me - leave a more memorable impression.

I'm just kind of riding the waves of a shifting mind with my playing habits, I suppose. I never force myself to finish games. Putting that weight on the playthrough, these tasks I must do... it kind of deflates the whole experience for me. I just kind of figure that whatever puts me in that semi-timeless flow state, is the right course of action. I can change goals at any time, as there is no consequence, so it becomes about what I simply find most stimulating at the time. That's how I tend to find the deepest niches with games I'll finish multiple times, even if I don't finish it every time. My brain seems to crawl meticulously over one or two major sections each time before it's had its fill. I feel that, too. I can tell what I'm training on and deliberately boost it, get a lot out of each time I sit and play. Something will just make me want to explore/analyze this or that thing about the game. Bite by bite, it culminates in this bigger picture that I recognize as unique to me. It's like this whole big experience that gets built across many scattered sessions and finished playthroughs. It can take me a very long time to fully appreciate just one game.

Space Lynx

Astronaut

does age of empires iv not have any cheat codes like the other games did? i haven't played it yet

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
does age of empires iv not have any cheat codes like the other games did? i haven't played it yet

It has a few I think:

EffectCommand Code
+1000 ResourcesALT+SHIFT+1
InvulnerableALT+SHIFT+2
Reveal MapALT+SHIFT+3
Age UpALT+SHIFT+4

There is also a free trainer here but I don't know how well it works:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It has a few I think:

EffectCommand Code
+1000 ResourcesALT+SHIFT+1
InvulnerableALT+SHIFT+2
Reveal MapALT+SHIFT+3
Age UpALT+SHIFT+4

There is also a free trainer here but I don't know how well it works:

those are really the only few anyone would need. good to know. going to save this, thanks lol

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
those are really the only few anyone would need. good to know. going to save this, thanks lol

I found a better list of cheat codes:

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Remember, the main point of gaming is to have fun. If a trainer or walkthrough in solo play helps you achieve that, use it. No one here cares if you do.

Surfers have a saying: the best surfer is the one who is having the most fun. Not the guy with a $5000 custom board with $800 worth of special FCS fins, organic wax, whatever.

If getting killed twenty times in a row while trying to defeat a boss causes enough frustration to consider rage quitting, use that trainer.

In my case it's use that GameShark or GameGenie.... Have at least two of each for different consoles around here and they all still work too.

I had also "Binned" my GameSharks back in the day so I'd have the ones that would access the hidden rooms in both, FF7 and Xenogears. It's hit or miss with those concerning a GameShark - Some will only do it for FF7, some will only do it for Xenogears, some will do it for both games like mine will and some won't do it at all for either game, making it a crapshoot in what you get.
I got lucky and 2 out of the 3 I had bought (v2.3 and 3.1) would do both, the other (v3.2) woudn't do anything so I sold it to a co-worker and recouped my investment.
The strange thing is it was the newest of the bunch as indicated by the version number, the older ones did it just fine but this one coudn't do it.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
about 80%, i only start games i know i'm going to like, sometimes it doesn't work out. The last one i abandoned was SpiderMan, i really disliked the game, i got caught on the hype that time.

Lei

about 80%, i only start games i know i'm going to like, sometimes it doesn't work out. The last one i abandoned was SpiderMan, i really disliked the game, i got caught on the hype that time.
Sleeping Dog definitive edition.
You won't hate it. It is GTA without shooting, just fist fight. The rest is GTA. Driving, missions, open world. stealing cars... you eat noodles instead of first aid spray.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
I often use Cheat Engine to unlock items in games that are buried behind grind walls. For example, I play Wreckfest a good amount for the online racing, however there are some cars that are required for competitive play but they are buried behind boring single player grinds, so I used cheat engine to unlock them and the currency to be able to max upgrade them so I can then play at a reasonably competitive level online. Grind based unlocks in games are something I don't particularly care for because I don't enjoy grinding. I'd rather shortcut my way to the part where I am competing against others instead. "Work smarter, not harder" was a mantra someone told me once and I stuck with it.

One thing that appealed to me about the older generation of competitive online games such as UT99 and Tribes 2 was that you would start with the same potential equipment as everyone else. Sure, the loadout might vary during the match but there was no time spent grinding to unlock a new character or new gun or whatever just to be competitive with others. Instead, skill was the differentiating factor.

Sleeping Dog definitive edition.
You won't hate it. It is GTA without shooting, just fist fight. The rest is GTA. Driving, missions, open world. stealing cars... you eat noodles instead of first aid spray.
It is a good game for the story line. I think the most GTA game that isn't GTA is probably RDR2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64K
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
It depends on the game. If it's bad (and I mean bad) I try hard to get through it just to say that I got through it, but I'd say out of those bad games I probably finish about half of them.

Take the game Biomutant. I thought it was kind of interesting for about the first 4-5 hours I played it (not taking some very annoying issues with a couple of things), but after about 8 hours into it I grew tired of the simplicity of it. It was too easy, had pretty much no sensible storyline, the light/dark aspect (think Fable, follow a good or dark path as you progress) had zero impact on the game even though it was tied into the story as it progressed and a few other glaring issues..... I got 8-10 hours into it and I pushed through to complete it. I don't really know why, I just did.

Greedfall was another game that I just pushed through that I didn't like. At least it had a better story than Biomutant.

Now take the game Far Cry 4. Uplay has me logging in around 12 hours of gameplay on the game, but I know for a fact I never finished it. I can't even remember what the game was about, I found it that bad and tedious. I really disliked it and even though I put about 12 hours into, I never finished it. Same thing about the game Wolfenstein: The New Order. For some reason I find the game to be awful. 3 hours and I walked away from it.

Overall, I'd say I fall into that 60% range of completing games I start.

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Very few. A lot of the time, I'll pick up a game for a bit, and then get either get bored of it or keep restarting it.

One game, in particular, is Dragon's Dogma. This game has a notoriously slow and tedious start, and the first time I tried it, I got burnt out very quickly. After coming back to it from a break, I forced myself to push through that start, and after that, it quickly became one of my favorite games of all. I've now completed the main story many times on several characters, and only recently completed the expansion's main story (because the final boss is very difficult).

I've completed Skyrim's main story many times, though I haven't completed Oblivion or Morrowind.

I still haven't completed Fallout 4 because I keep restarting it, though I have completed Fallout 3 a couple of times.

Also, in a lot of games, I'll usually immediately start messing around with mods or cheats, and I don't even get to the story.

gQx

yeah we are both old and I kinda remember we have done those cheats at highschool with friends at cafes after school :)

I'm surprised that 40%+ fail to finish half or less of a game. This is quite shocking really, some folks must have bundles of disposable income to waste money like this. That or they are distracted by other forms of entertainment.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I'm surprised that 40%+ fail to finish half or less of a game. This is quite shocking really, some folks must have bundles of disposable income to waste money like this. That or they are distracted by other forms of entertainment.

Remember the good old days of Steam sales? You could pick up a couple dozen games that total under $30. People like bargains and will snatch up cheap games....then they probably play through a handful of them and that's where you get a lot of folks not completing many of the games they purchase.

I have a lot of games I've never played or even opened yet....yes, I said, "opened". I probably have around 20 games still sealed that I haven't opened to play. I've got a bit of a digital backlog, too. I've got a running list somewhere of games I haven't beaten and notes next to ones that I've played and haven't beaten.

It's not hard to believe that people can have access to massive amounts of games and many of them were played, but never completed.