• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 GTO² to X850 XT BIOS Mod

JE

Hey Dynamic,

In Rabit 1.7, where do you set respective 2d/3d frequencies? I'm starting to have lockup issues with the same setup - C3D GTO/ASRock Dual SATA-939, etc.

(something tells me I already made a post asking you this, but I checked and didn't see it. sorry in advance if this is a double post!)

kapeeteeleest_peeg

JE said:
Hey Dynamic,

In Rabit 1.7, where do you set respective 2d/3d frequencies? I'm starting to have lockup issues with the same setup - C3D GTO/ASRock Dual SATA-939, etc.

(something tells me I already made a post asking you this, but I checked and didn't see it. sorry in advance if this is a double post!)

JE- do me a favor & load CCC 5.11...

check 2 c if u get any corruption in the 3d preview 'little sports car' animation?
let me know wot u c pleese

Tugger

Help??

I got my new Saphire X800 GTO2 card installed.
ATI tool says Default Core: 400 / Mem:490

New Egg listed it as 400 / 980.

Is somethig wrong here??

Thanks
Tom

foggy

on flashing my Sapphire X800 GTO" i found that removing ati catalist solved my problem of the flash-rom not working

otherwise i just did as w1zzards article says, and now running stable at 519 /573 using stock cooling

:toast:

tigergenerals

Can anybody recommend a fan other than the Zalman VF700 that will help to cool the c3d but doesn't take up an extra slot like the Zalman?

Ethos

Tugger said:

Is somethig wrong here??

Thanks
Tom

DDR...and if that doesn't make sense, you should think twice about flashing.

I am not saying that you are dumb. I just think if you have a problem while flashing, a user that can fix their problem would know about DDR mem clocks.

Tugger

"I am not saying that you are dumb. I just think if you have a problem while flashing, a user that can fix their problem would know about DDR mem clocks."

You got that right! ("Dumb" I've been called worse.) :confused:
That's why I'm trying to learn something in these forums.
I would love to flash this card, but not till I understand what I'm doing
alot more than I do now.

Thanks for the reply. (DDR mem)
T

kapeeteeleest_peeg

Tugger said:

Is somethig wrong here??

Thanks
Tom

erm, the memory is ddr (double data rate) ie... you have to double the 490 to get the 980
...get it?

D

Dynamic

JE said:
Hey Dynamic,

I only changed the ID and frequencies in Rabit, but used 3D detection from Ati Tool .24 for lunching games going from desktop 350/350 to games 550/565. This strategy works in most cases, but look out when you run PCMARK applications though. Since the applications stays on desktop i've actually had it freeze on PCMark05 before. I can't remember where in Rabit, but it would say something about frequencies/clocks and it would have 400/490 just change those two to 500/500. The ID for the X800XT is 5D57, so i just saved you alittle step here. I hope you know what you're doing, because you have to flash with that modified bios you used on Rabit. Then hopefully if i works out, install Ati Tool unless you already have it and go into Settings from the drop menu box, go all the way down to 3D DETECTION and i'll let you understand everything else from there. Remember some games might not detect, so make sure you add them to the Exception List, okay? Good Luck!

D

Dynamic

kapeeteeleest_peeg said:
erm, the memory is ddr (double data rate) ie... you have to double the 490 to get the 980
...get it?

So did you RMA that card yet? I think you should if you see corruption in game play or with that CCC video. I never saw such things unless i overclocked it too high then i would notice major artifacts. Good Luck and let us know. BTW, why don't you try out Monarchcomputers.com they don't charge tax, so you'll only pay $179 for the card i think that's how much it still is going for and shipping. It's like Heaven, i hate TAXES!

omega_prime

Tugger said:
Thanks!
SEE, I learned something already!

yeah .. .you see ... it's maínly a marketing gag ... the same thing why most memory seller say PC400 to 200 Mhz rams ....
it's to blind some customers ...

MegaViper

X800GTO2 to X850XTPE MOD my fan PROBLEM

Hello,

I have done the mod with no problems, I have the Sapphire X800GTO2 card, I overclock no problems 540/590, 550/600 if I push it. (Nice mod BTW thanks)

But my fan is running backwards after I installed the Arctic 5 silencer Version 2. My card stays cool enough but why does it suck air into the case instead of blowing it out?

Thanks for any help you can give. :nutkick:

kapeeteeleest_peeg

Dynamic said:
So did you RMA that card yet? I think you should if you see corruption in game play or with that CCC video. I never saw such things unless i overclocked it too high then i would notice major artifacts. Good Luck and let us know. BTW, why don't you try out Monarchcomputers.com they don't charge tax, so you'll only pay $179 for the card i think that's how much it still is going for and shipping. It's like Heaven, i hate TAXES!

cheers mate, no I have'nt rma'ed yet, I'm trying to source a cheap or free card for use in the meantime b4 rma-ing.

I was a diehard Ati fan but...
Im gonna get a nV 6800gs or 7800gs or gt, depending on financies...
cos Ati have lost the plot...
All these cards are more than a match for x850xtpe... without modding & hastle

Still a good article though... I was just unlucky :(

Last edited:

kapeeteeleest_peeg

MegaViper said:
Hello,

I have done the mod with no problems, I have the Sapphire X800GTO2 card, I overclock no problems 540/590, 550/600 if I push it. (Nice mod BTW thanks)

But my fan is running backwards after I installed the Arctic 5 silencer Version 2. My card stays cool enough but why does it suck air into the case instead of blowing it out?

Thanks for any help you can give. :nutkick:

not sure, but I think you may have the fan connector back to front, causing it run backwards?
just a guess, but seems feasable...all electric motors run the other way if polarity is reversed.

Last edited:
D

Dynamic

kapeeteeleest_peeg said:
cheers mate, no I have'nt rma'ed yet, I'm trying to source a cheap or free card for use in the meantime b4 rma-ing.

I was a diehard Ati fan but...
Im gonna get a nV 6800gs or 7800gs or gt, depending on financies...
cos Ati have lost the plot...
All these cards are more than a match for x850xtpe... without modding & hastle

Still a good article though... I was just unlucky :(

Okay, try to shoot for the 7800GS, might be a mod potential there, plus it over clocks pretty nice and matches the performance of the 7800GT in 3DMark05, not sure about the others since it's lacking of PP's. Furthermore, i'm not sure when it will be available though, some site confirmed something about the locked pipelines and they tried opening it with RivaTuner, but weren't successful. They did say maybe it might work with a mod or soft mod, i don't know. Good Luck!

kapeeteeleest_peeg

Dynamic said:
Okay, try to shoot for the 7800GS, might be a mod potential there, plus it over clocks pretty nice and matches the performance of the 7800GT in 3DMark05, not sure about the others since it's lacking of PP's. Furthermore, i'm not sure when it will be available though, some site confirmed something about the locked pipelines and they tried opening it with RivaTuner, but weren't successful. They did say maybe it might work with a mod or soft mod, i don't know. Good Luck!

Yeah, 7800GS sounds gr8, but gt would be even nicer :)
its crazy how many cards nVidia have out now for gamers...
puts Ati to shame.

Wish gs would come out so I can see the price...
anandtech has benchmarks for it...
fortunately, it'll be on the shelves as soon as its announced, not like...
A.vailability T.otally I.nconsistant lol

D

Dynamic

kapeeteeleest_peeg said:
Yeah, 7800GS sounds gr8, but gt would be even nicer :)
its crazy how many cards nVidia have out now for gamers...
puts Ati to shame.

Wish gs would come out so I can see the price...
anandtech has benchmarks for it...
fortunately, it'll be on the shelves as soon as its announced, not like...
A.vailability T.otally I.nconsistant lol

Yeah, Nvidia is still the king of the hill again with their GTX 512 card. Yeah, not knowing when the 7800GS is going to be out, but it's going to be prices between the 6800GT and the 7800GT. Anyhow HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY, HAR HAR HAR, going to eat right now.

Dr.D

I am using FRAPS to see my FPS, everyonce and a while my FPSs drop down into the 20s AND they turn Red

Why's that?

omega_prime

you know: i am still feeling very satisfied when i see what 3d performance i got for 170 euros ...
maybe the 7800gs is way better, but it is also at least 60 or 70% (or even more) more expensive. if i had money to buy such a card ... ok ... maybe i would it (but normaly i don't buy grafic-cards over 150-180 euros) ... but i havn't the money ... and i as i sayed: i am very satisfied with the performance ...

kapeeteeleest_peeg

C3D x800 gto mod fail (my theory)

for anyone thats been following my c3dgto adventure, here is my theory on the corruption I'm seeing in my games & lately BSOD's even when I flashed the card back to 12 pipes!!

I think that my card came with a bios that locked a particular quad of 4 pipes.
(each batch of 4 pipes is arranged into quads on the Gpu)
Now that Ive flashed to 16 pipes, then back to 12, maybe the bios on this site locks a different quad of pipes, thus the defective quad is still enabled & one good quad is disabled.

If there is foundation in what Im saying and I'm not talkin utter nonsense, then how cool would it be if this site had 4 bioses for C3D gto, one to disable each quad!...
is that feasable w1zzard?

Food for thought?, or just verbal dihorrea? lol

This is just incase total idiots like me, dont save original bios... can anyone send me thier original C3D bios, so I can try it?

oh, btw, another anomally with this board is that it on auto mem settings it reports my memory as being 133/ddr266, even though its 2x512 pc3200 twinmos 2.5,3,3,8. This board is also turning into a be-atch!
I have to force ddr200 in bios & disable 'flexability' option! to get ddr400...

Of course this could also be the cause of grphx problems!, but I dont think so. Gto is equally crap @ ddr266 &400

Last edited:

JE

kapeeteeleest_peeg said:
JE- do me a favor & load CCC 5.11...

check 2 c if u get any corruption in the 3d preview 'little sports car' animation?
let me know wot u c pleese

Kapeepteeleest_peeg,

Sorry for getting back to you so late. No corruption in CCC panel 3d preview. :( I'd suggest RMA if you haven't already.

System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
For some reason, no matter what program I download to edit BIOSes, I can never open the files. I keep getting goddamn errors when I try to open the bin files. I've tried RaBiT and ATi BiosEdit. Any suggestions on programs or diagnoses?