• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Yet another leaked benchmark: this time showing Zen beating a 10-core Intel CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I'll wait until we at least find out what cpu this was lol. Everyone getting upset over this and you don't even know if it is a basic 8 core or 32 thread giant.
I'd bet money it's the low/mid 3ghz octo with 'HT'.

I fully believe zen will be a haswell like performing part (ipc). I've said always it would be a big win if zen reaches that IPC and is clocked close to Haswell. The rumored 3.4ghz speed... that's borderline close. which then lends to value/price and overclocking ability to move skus. Hopefully they don't need monster boards to properly push them as was bulldozer etc.

System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
I'd bet money it's the low/mid 3ghz octo with 'HT'.

I fully believe zen will be a haswell like performing part (ipc). I've said always it would be a big win if zen reaches that IPC and is clocked close to Haswell. The rumored 3.4ghz speed... that's borderline close. which then lends to value/price and overclocking ability to move skus. Hopefully they don't need monster boards to properly push them as was bulldozer etc.

Or if it needs beefy circuitry go the intel route like they did back with X58, every board was designed to take on the Core i7 chips and for that there is no actual board on X58 AFAIK that can't handle an i7 and a good beefy overclock.

Only issue from this may be the price of the boards.

I am thinking it's 8 core as well which makes sense of what the hype has been trying to claim.

If so, then, Zen will be around Haswell level by time it's out. If it was out now, that'd be respectible. By time Zen's out though, I should be able to get an affordable secondhand Broadwell-E Xeon.

It's the pricing that will be the deciding factor. It looks like Athlon era ain't coming.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Seems more like fluff than any thing, we don't even know what the chip is or did i miss some thing ?, it could be for all we know a 8+ core chip.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Here, let me make this less click baitish and supply the meat upfront. ;)

I bolded the important parts.

Now, extrapolate away to figure out performance, good people of TPU.
What are you going on about NOW?

I sit here in the forums thinking (after reading) and see the ....y..o..u..r posting again, (gawd) ... I thought you'd have more sense to not ramble on, but you do...and then I read again *ANOTHER ....* Man!

I guess you only get away with that stuff here hmm..

Christ , Anyways..

you know Jim the man that taped out a new chip for AMD... and really, why is it hard to believe its BS? Like I mean, is intel so far up everyone's ass that it don't matter what AMD comes up with? and all the guys just piss on them?

Dude common don't be the Debbie DOWNER we all know and at least be positive for a change o_O

On topic, I CANT WAIT FOR THIS NEW SYSTEM TO COME!

Last edited:
System Name Gaming Desktop
Processor i7 6700k
Motherboard asus rog alpha
Cooling H110i
Memory Corsair Dominator 16gb DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Storage EVO 840 500gb, EVO 850 500gb, Perc 710 Raid WD RED 4tbx4
Case Corsair 500r
Power Supply Antec 850
Mouse Logitec G502
Keyboard a cheap dell
and really, why is it hard to believe its BS? Like I mean, is intel so far up everyone's ass that it don't matter what AMD comes up with? and all the guys just piss on them?
perhaps amd's consistent overpromise and underdeliver pattern? or their golden bin vs an off the shelf slides. i'd be happy to see the retail, as in pulled off the shelf at local store, part compared with a similar retail part. but a golden engineering sample with 0 information doesn't give me any warm and fuzzies.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Pretty sure blender is used because of custom workloads suited to the chip being tested? That was a point from the last blender leak.
I'm quite sure Zen will be better received than Bulldozer was but really, everything from sites just now is rumour based on 'selective' leaks.
Click bait? Don't know, we're allowed to talk about it in forums but do we need separate threads for another blender benchmark on Zen?

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
perhaps amd's consistent overpromise and underdeliver pattern? or their golden bin vs an off the shelf slides. i'd be happy to see the retail, as in pulled off the shelf at local store, part compared with a similar retail part. but a golden engineering sample with 0 information doesn't give me any warm and fuzzies.
your just a cold dude with nothing to do is bitch,,,,, yeah?!

JIM Kelleher, do you know who he is? Do you think a man of his statue would come to...... nvm not even worth the comment :pimp:

you just don't understand :rolleyes:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
And where is my goat now? :D

The goats are absent. PETA rescued them. The panties are also MIA.

JIM Kelleher, do you know who he is? Do you think a man of his statue would come to...... nvm not even worth the comment :pimp:

Jim will improve IPC. The question is by how much, and whether or not this is overplayed massively. Given AMD's rep, odds are it's overplayed, the question is by how much.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
According to latest reports...........goats are up and panties are down.

System Name Gaming Desktop
Processor i7 6700k
Motherboard asus rog alpha
Cooling H110i
Memory Corsair Dominator 16gb DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Storage EVO 840 500gb, EVO 850 500gb, Perc 710 Raid WD RED 4tbx4
Case Corsair 500r
Power Supply Antec 850
Mouse Logitec G502
Keyboard a cheap dell

didn't Jim Keller leave AMD to go work for tesla.....

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
How do you figure it's clickbait? :rolleyes: It isn't.
It's got wccftech in it :D
The OP also addded "this time it's blender". But do you know what the previous benchmark where Zen was besting Intel was? Blender!

But what can you do, everyone's excited about Zen (and for good reason), so any article with Zen in it will draw page clicks. So people will post anything and everything. That's how it's ginna be for the next 3 months or so, till we can actually benchmark Zen.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I love popcorn threads! :lovetpu:

didn't Jim Keller leave AMD to go work for tesla.....
Jim Keller is a consultant who's in very high demand. He goes wherever the most interesting project takes him. The fact he leaves some company only means the project is done.

OT: I don't get the hate for this leak. It's like some people have some sort of emotional investment in having Intel be the end-all, be-all of CPU's. They must be too young to remember Pentium 4's or AMD Athlon 64's. That said, this may very well be a $10.000 64-core 300W monster, but somehow I doubt it. If a new Zen 8-core is not able to beat a 3 year old 10-core intel, I shall be disappointed.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
What are you going on about NOW?

I sit here in the forums thinking (after reading) and see the ....y..o..u..r posting again, (gawd) ... I thought you'd have more sense to not ramble on, but you do...and then I read again *ANOTHER ....* Man!

I guess you only get away with that stuff here hmm..

Christ , Anyways..

you know Jim the man that taped out a new chip for AMD... and really, why is it hard to believe its BS? Like I mean, is intel so far up everyone's ass that it don't matter what AMD comes up with? and all the guys just piss on them?

Dude common don't be the Debbie DOWNER we all know and at least be positive for a change o_O

On topic, I CANT WAIT FOR THIS NEW SYSTEM TO COME!
If you have a problem with my posting, feel free to report it and let the staff handle it as they see fit. If I was you, I would figure out how to use the ignore feature for the forums. Apparently, it would save you a lot of strife from "m.y" posts.

Until you figure that out, let me point you to a post of mine (in this same thread) that I am assuming you missed...

This has been my take for months now. I, like many, am waiting with bated breath to see what AMD actually comes out with. As far as what I posted, it was simply meant to make it easier for those that didn't want to click...and see what the story is. The real story... there isn't a story here again... hence the 'extrapolation of performance' portion of my post.

In an effort to not further take it off topic, my PM box is open. ;)

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
My Gran Kept a heard of Goats>>>>>>>>>>> and Goats will EAT ANYTHING Vaguely edible including panties

Not exactly on topic but once I saw a kid leaning against a fence once in a pasture of goats with a button coat. The goat came to visit him for a few seconds and his coat no longer had any buttons...

There is something I must mention.

While we complain about lack of Intel CPU's improvements over each generation which is about 5 % per generation, in server world, the story is very different.

In mainstream area, we are talking about 4 cores.

When core count goes up to 10 and more, improvement per gen is high. For an example, my CPU, Haswell-E 14cores at 2Ghz, scores 1700 in Cinebench. The same 14core at the same frequenty, Broadwell-E scores 2200. That is 20%+ increase per gen.

AMD's Zen on the chart is competiting against Ivy bridge-E Xeon which is a gen earier than Haswell-E.
By time Zen is out, there will be Skylake-E and Zen will pretty much be dead on arrival in server world or workstation area where core count matters.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
There is something I must mention.

While we complain about lack of Intel CPU's improvements over each generation which is about 5 % per generation, in server world, the story is very different.

In mainstream area, we are talking about 4 cores.

When core count goes up to 10 and more, improvement per gen is high. For an example, my CPU, Haswell-E 14cores at 2Ghz, scores 1700 in Cinebench. The same 14core at the same frequenty, Broadwell-E scores 2200. That is 20%+ increase per gen.

AMD's Zen on the chart is competiting against Ivy bridge-E Xeon which is a gen earier than Haswell-E.
By time Zen is out, there will be Skylake-E and Zen will pretty much be dead on arrival in server world or workstation area where core count matters.
Neah, that's not it.
Cinebench benefits from the introduction of more dedicated instructions* (as do some other specialized applications). That's still performance gain, but as a general purpose CPU, the performance has more or less plateaued for at least 5 years now.
The power consumption has gone down which is pretty big for servers, though.

* this is what I'm talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadwell_(microarchitecture)#Instruction_set_extensions

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
wccf is garbage.

Please be respectful towards others and keep the language toned down when posting please.

Carry on if you must.

However, to be fair, even btarunr has used them numerous times as source for his news stories.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
However, to be fair, even btarunr has used them numerous times as source for his news stories.
and this exact article is now up on the home page so expect this thread to be locked soon.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I don't get this insistent desire to pounce with accusations of "click-bating" and other disparaging remarks every time some one posts something others don't want to read.

Who's the fool? The one that leads or those who follow? I think qubit's subject title was right on point - making it clear it was a "leaked" benchmark. He even went further to say in his opening comment to take it with a pinch of salt.

I say if you don't want to read it, stop being suckered in by taking the bait! Don't join the debate, don't denigrate the thread, the OP, or even the source. NO SITE is 100% on point 100% of the time - not even TPU.

That said, WCCFTech did not create an editorial with their personal opinions. They were reporting the news they found on Blenchmark.com. But immediately those who dislike WCCFTech pounced because they don't like WCCFTech. That's silly. WCCFTech didn't make that story up, I doubt Blenchmark.com did either.

If you have a problem with my posting, feel free to report it and let the staff handle it as they see fit.
So says the one with the first accusation of click bating. :( Thanks at least for pointing out "the important parts" :) which I note where presented by the folks at WCCFTech - a site quickly slammed as "garbage". :rolleyes:

Yet I point out WCCFTech immediately cited their source of this information (Blenchmark.com via a reddit.com poster) - a creditable action so often lacking by much of today's IT press. Note too WCCFTech expressed their own valid criticisms by quickly pointing out among others things, the processor in the "leak" has no identifying information along with it.

IMO, the best reply thus far in this thread was by someone I don't always agree with,
I'll wait until we at least find out what cpu this was lol. Everyone getting upset over this and you don't even know if it is a basic 8 core or 32 thread giant.
Technical debates can still be heated while sticking to the "technical" points without the need for personal affronts - and in the process, remain informative.

oh lawd, what kind of graph doesnt show the resolution of the grid
Ummm, what specifically are you looking for? I note the "interactive" graph at the source, Blenchmark.com clearly points out (1) the graph indicates Render Time (in seconds), (2) the fastest time is 17 seconds, and (3) the graph goes from 0 to 2000 seconds and finally, (4) if you hover over the blue bar for this AMD Engineering Sample, it shows a render time of 69 seconds.

Last edited:
System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
Don't make me bring up panty metaphors.

Status
Not open for further replies.