• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New profile posts

Hello, I left my Acer aspire 6530 for 2 years without use.
Right now.. whenever it tries to boot, it power off and repeat the cycle over and over again...what can I do
Tatty_One
Tatty_One
You won't get many answers from a profile post, try starting a new thread in the general hardware forum.
i absolutely love computers, there's nothing more magical or magnificent in life
Reactions: vectoravtech
biffzinker
biffzinker
What makes Computers magical is they excel at crunching advance math compared to what you or I are capable of.
i think maxwell was revolutionary in terms of power efficiency, because my 750 ti being only 54% slower than a 760 but has almost 3x less the TDP
Got to spend an hour on the bus, this morning and tomorrow. Co-worker has something to do with his doc. the next couple of days. However, it means 4 extra hours this week!?!
Sorry All! I need a link to Image hosting here...THANK YOU!
I have totally ruined myself with high refresh. I guess I'm still glad I didn't choose 4k instead.
Reactions: windwhirl
robot zombie
robot zombie
They certainly do, and you have post-processing options, DLSS and FidelityFX. But it always feels like more of a compromise - faking it so often might as will stick with 1440p. Whereas with high-hz running at say, 100FPS vs 144 doesn't really change what you see and the overall difference is subtle. More flexibility balancing hardware and settings before you get to the big tradeoffs.
robot zombie
robot zombie
All that aside, nothing worse than a monitor that is 4k and/or hi-hz with bad color/contrast. Good and bad in every category. I'd still use an excellent-performing 1080/60 panel over a poor-performing 4k or 144hz one any day. It's all extra beyond that AFAIC.
Vayra86
Vayra86
For me its more like

High refresh (cake)
Ditto framerates (icing)

Everything else is the stuff you look at but you're full of cake anyway. But those framerates are often overlooked... 4K is nice, but if your motion resolution is still less than 1/4th of what the panel can show, have you really won anything or just picked a slideshow over a smooth experience?

Nah... definitely keeping my 100~110 PPI. Fk 4K
Just found Trailer park boys on Netflix, didn't know I had missed this.
Reactions: robot zombie
robot zombie
robot zombie
Oh dude... kinda jealous. I might have to resub for that.

My only problem with TPB, is that it makes me constantly want rum and cokes.
theoneandonlymrk
theoneandonlymrk
I'm partaking right now so your not wrong.
Burning through the seasons though.
You might try just switching the bios switch on the card and seeing if it will boot before trying other more invasive options. Just google "5700 xt bios switch" if you are not sure where it is on your card.
Hello, I want to move your program group policy set to my windows 10, windows now already seperate drives from quality updates and i want to remove the Windows Update red text in Setting. Can you tell me which reg or policy your program change
Reactions: Alan Finotty
Alan Finotty
Alan Finotty
Code:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Update\ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UpdatePolicy\PolicyState\ExcludeWUDrivers
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate

Just delete these values from the system registry.
N
NinjaUmbra
Thanks very much!
N
NinjaUmbra
In windows 20H2,i find it no need to change setting because your modded drive has been signed. So can you add an option not to change the update policy in next version? By the way, UWP can also install correctly
extremely surprised to see that samsung 860 evo is actually whopping 75% faster than my bx500, i mean people say they are overpriced but seems like it's worth the price for performance increase, maybe it's mainly the difference dram make but one should also remember it's a flagship sata ssd and and i don't think there's anything that comes close, maybe mx500 but it has significantly lower endurance but quite cheaper